• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike in Teams: Who would he be paired with?

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
I am going to playing with a friend who mains at least half the roster in doubles in some tourneys. I was wondering who is well suited to be fighting alongside Ike. He doesn't just fight for his friends; he fights with them... given they won't be showing any sympathy.

D

Deleted member

the best team, obviously. MK/snake/GAW/wario, preferably paired with another MK/snake/GAW/wario rather than ike.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The best team is a combination of respect for the forum (like asking questions in the Q&A thread) and the abandonment of overusing cliches as though they're funny every time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey bro, I noticed you only have 5 posts. So it's kinda obvious you are new here...general questions like these can be asked in the Ashu's library ok? Kool...

As far as your question, MK can definitely save your butt a lot of times if you are out of position to aether or can't make it. He can shuttle loop you while you DI upwards to pretty much propel you above the stage. Oh and MK ***** in general.

Snake is solid cause he can rack up damage like nobody's business. You can organize with your teammate to use C4's, Grenades, Mines along with counter to do double damage. However, the grenades are a big part of Snake's game and they may become limited due to spacing and you yourself taking damage from them.

I can't comment on the others, so I'll let someone else answer about the others.

The Golden Ike

Smash Rookie
Reletively new here but have been maining Ike since the beginning. What I've notice from you guys' suggestion for a good character partner with Ike, most of you've said High/S/A tier characters but what it really comes down to is asking your partner beforehand, how he plans to use his character during play in correlation to you and his targets. Coming from personal experience, I'd have to say Fox is highly compatable as a parter for Ike. Fox's abilty to rack up combos while Ike distracts them with brute force is absolutly amazing to watch. A fun little trick me and my Fox friend (can be done with anyone) learned is: once damage is about 60, grab the target and have Ike charge Eruption on either side. Plan your timeing, throw said target at Ike and watch the fireworks.

So it's really how you communicate with the partner. I would recommend someone with weak but fast building combos (Fox seems best here, but others such as Sonic, Squirtle, etc. work aswell) to compensate for Ike's slowness while he makes most of the finishing kills.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
. A fun little trick me and my Fox friend (can be done with anyone) learned is: once damage is about 60, grab the target and have Ike charge Eruption on either side. Plan your timeing, throw said target at Ike and watch the fireworks.
Hehe.

At a competitive level of play you will almost NEVER get the opportunity even rarely if it is 2v1 because stuff like that doesn't happen. We have had this topic discussion a million times. Ike is best with a top tier because that character is better, end of story.

Zero Suit isn't necessarily a good partner because of her stuns and Ike can fsmash because that will almost never happen.

Wario is a good partner for ike because he is great at doubles, as is snake and metaknight.

Wow this is Palpi i forgot to log out again!!!!!!!!

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am actually trying to do double Ike for ****s and giggles. Last tourney I was MK/Snake + Lucario/Fox/Diddy.

Oh and i got you bored haha.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I am convinced that Ike has the best setups into his own smashes. If you don't think so, watch theeboredone and me play one doubles game. Fthrow, Bthrow, hell, jab combos can work, too.
It's definitely what I have the most fun with.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I know its john city, but in team battle on wifi i easily get 3 kills from f-smashes alone. <3 bowser fire

also, are we talking team attack off or on?
with tt off snake and bowser works wonders w/ me

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I fight with Zero Suit Samus. Ike's grab release to ZSS' D-Smash to Ike's F-Smash works well when set up properly.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I fight with Zero Suit Samus. Ike's grab release to ZSS' D-Smash to Ike's F-Smash works well when set up properly.
No offense but why do you think stuff like this will happen nearly enough for it to matter? In a tournament setting, the only time this will happen is if it's 2v1, and at that point its better and safer to just grab release infinite. **** like this almost never happens, not enough for it to matter or make a difference anyway.

Palpi

Smash Hero
no Offense But Why Do You Think Stuff Like This Will Happen Nearly Enough For It To Matter? In A Tournament Setting, The Only Time This Will Happen Is If It's 2v1, And At That Point Its Better And Safer To Just Grab Release Infinite. **** Like This Almost Never Happens, Not Enough For It To Matter Or Make A Difference Anyway.
This Man Is Correct

Top Bottom