• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike in doubles matches

MRbloke

Smash Cadet
We all know he fights for his friends, however i wonder if he's a viable teammate in a doubles match

one time i played a doubles match, and i killed my partner all three times.

Is he good for doubles?

also as of this post, i am no longer a Smash N00b

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He has the best doubles fsmash.

Character choice isn't as BIG of a deal but Ike will still get gimped if his partner isn't good at protecting him while he recoveries or saving him. So basically, you need skill to NOT ONLY NOT hit your teammate but also your teammate needs to prevent you from getting gimped. then work on combos into Ike's fsmash to win.

D

Deleted member

most of ike in teams is relying on your teammate to give you free power hits that you would otherwise struggle for in 1 vs 1. Ideally, you want any character that does lots of damage and lives for a long time.

ike can also keep his teammate from getting ***** with dash attacks to break up a fight, which is something many characters don't have the ability to do.

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
Like what some of the others said, its the combination of your own skill with your partner that will make Ike good or not. I find his overwhelming power and durability very useful in doubles, just watch out for your partners rolling into your forward smash XD

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
I partner up with my Ganon friend all the time as Ike. Our Powerhouse is Overkill o.O lolz We Pressure with our Power and... Mistakes XD Which isn't much until we get knocked near each other o.O hehe

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I personally think Ike is excellent in teams, of course because of his power.

His jab combo is not that slow, and he controls space pretty well. he can't maneuver all over the stage like sheik or MK of course... but he does kinda have this sphere of influence around him where he controls because of his huge nair/fair/usmash and of course his jab.

D

Deleted member

so what? jabs don't accomplish anything in teams. They don't kill, they don't put your opponent in bad positions, they can't help your teammate....

I don't see it. teams ike should be all aerials vs aired opponents and grabs vs grounded opponents, dash attacking crowds, or taking free grab hit combos if your teammate is slot 4. that's about it.

don't get gimped.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Umbreon. Ike's jabs don't do **** in doubles, because your teammate can't do anything to add on to the destruction. If you have a guy like DDD or DK or anything similar that is good at ground attacks, your aerials can destroy any attempted counter strikes. Ike's aerials PWN in 1v2 matches.

Top Bottom