• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fun Fact: Slaps plays DJ/hosts a radio show for his college sponsored online station around midnight. When he gets time to sleep/study, I don't know.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Effff, My cuz and I are on Mateus (sp?). I'm trying to remember if I could even join that realm.
Adamantoise has been open 90% of the time, and was only briefly closed. I think you can get a world transfer now though (?) Not sure if that's still in effect. If not you could always make another char! :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly don't have time to make another character given I play the game an hour or two at most per day. It's more of a thing for me to do when I can waste time.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
It's a glitchy kind of thing which has to do with PS-ing. It rarely ever happens on flat edges like that. Normally, Ike's UpB slides on slopes, and can slides off edges (just like in your vid) when it's a slanted one (like YI) and it hits a PS.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, THIS is the old man. I am but simply the residential roricon, that gives no ****s about how deep his passion can go XD <insert insane creepy laughter here>
I like how I made a post on his profile, and all it says is "IMG".

Sucks that we're all on dif servers. This stuff never goes as planned...playing an mmo with no friends

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You do get 30 days for free. With that being said, you still have to pay 40 bucks for the game.

Edit: Anyone not being able to quick edit? I just get a blank white window. Using Mozilla on a Mac.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea i can't quick edit either

30 days free eh? I guess i can try that. I just want to experience the game just to see how it is... 40 bucks to play a game for a month i can live with that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's how I look at it too. It's just buying a video game, and you'll probably spend more than enough time on it to warrant the purchase. I don't play many MMOs, but I'm somewhat following the story for this game through the main quests. Given I didn't play the first one, it sort of has me intrigued.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hey guys.
What's up?
I'm clinically depressed and having the worst time of my life.

But I went to a big tourney this weekend for the first time in a long time. Got 3rd in mid tier doubles with Neon (DK) as my teammate.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey guys.
What's up?
I'm clinically depressed and having the worst time of my life.

But I went to a big tourney this weekend for the first time in a long time. Got 3rd in mid tier doubles with Neon (DK) as my teammate.

That bad, huh? I've been hit with schoolwork left and right so I've only been casually playing Smash as of recently (we just started implicits in AP Calculus; this class is actually unbelievably fun). I'm sorry you're depressed my friend. It's good that you recognize that and are seeing a doctor, though.

I have been in and out on the Skype chat. Some days it dies other days it's full of life. A lot of people haven't been on in a while but I attribute that to Smashboards being down. You ought to come and check in sometime, just to see who's on. Message me if you have to.

Good job in that tournament! By the way, I need everyone to do me a favor.

Go here and vote for that shop once a day. It's a local shop in my town and if they win, they get a commercial during the Super Bowl.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I GOT STREAMED A LOT. Go ahead, watch, let me know what you guys think. If you look through those videos, you'll also find me talking on stream here and there. I'm the one in the camo hat.

Friendlies:
http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467653822
21:30 I am a badass (last kill in a friendly vs Infinity, amazing) (Two games later he picks Marth and we nearly have a "NO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE" at the very end-- worth a watch, and it got a lot more hype than the other, because people were watching.)
Mid Tier Doubles:
http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467747674
17:10 Winners Quarters vs Denti/Panic

http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467781203

7:40 Winners Semis vs Razer/Trela,
49:55 Losers Quarters vs Dojo/Xyro,
1:53:20 Losers Semis vs Gnes/D
uffman,
2:33:15 Losers Finals vs Razer/Trela

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I GOT STREAMED A LOT. Go ahead, watch, let me know what you guys think. If you look through those videos, you'll also find me talking on stream here and there. I'm the one in the camo hat.

Friendlies:
http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467653822
21:30 I am a badass (last kill in a friendly vs Infinity, amazing) (Two games later he picks Marth and we nearly have a "NO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE" at the very end-- worth a watch, and it got a lot more hype than the other, because people were watching.)
Mid Tier Doubles:
http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467747674
17:10 Winners Quarters vs Denti/Panic

http://www.twitch.tv/dentissbb/b/467781203
7:40 Winners Semis vs Razer/Trela,
49:55 Losers Quarters vs Dojo/Xyro,
1:53:20 Losers Semis vs Gnes/Duffman,
2:33:15 Losers Finals vs Razer/Trela
Oh man, you went to Apocalypse? You lucky duck.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Added incentive to join the Adamantoise server and join our group: we already got me, Akashi, Kirk, & Corms playing on it. Xyless also started last night.

I haven't finished all the videos yet but looks like a lot of fun Brett. I'm watching Gnes/Duffman atm and looks like you and Neon got off some nice combos together ;p

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Added incentive to join the Adamantoise server and join our group: we already got me, Akashi, Kirk, & Corms playing on it. Xyless also started last night.
Yeahhhh, not enough.. incentive that is XD. Already been hitting up Garuda at times with the FC i'm in, and by all means, if that is all that is in yer FC as of now. The Pantheon can easily and would gladly take you guys in on siren, just we are more hard core end game than anything, but we don't shy away from letting crafters and casuals in either.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm trying to add some more edge options to my Ike gameplay, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the input/timing for this edge get-up San does in this video at 8:59-9:01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AgEB7ByONo)

I can't seem to get it right. I can get up on the ground like 50% of the time, but I can't get a nair to hit before canceling (or even get the nair at all)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
PlayAsia, I guess.

@Cambriel
Facing left like he was: tap right, double-jump nair. You can also tap down, which can make you fast-fall if you aren't careful, but doesn't make you go further from the edge, making the whle thing easier imo.

-If you use A to do nair:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, release left, A, hold left.

-If you set your Cstick to Attack:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, diagonal on cstick.

It simply requires a good timing, and learning when you can input after you let go of the edge. Just train.

Top Bottom