• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There really isn't. It's a matter of not letting them go once you get inside their comfort zone. Getting through their lasers is even tougher, cause they can Silent Laser or Full hop and shoot up to three out. A mixture of short hop air dodges should and perfect shielding is usually the best way to go about it.

You might consider tanking the first set of lasers, if you don't want to deal with getting chain grabbed in the beginning.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys I've been really bad about posting the results on SWF for the bi-weeklies.

But yes, I am still hosting them, and the next one will be on the 18th at 3 cst/-6 GMT, like BS said. It will be our sixth event.
Here our results for the last 2 events: 4th bi-weekly
5th bi-weekly
i was starting to make a spreadsheet to determine overall rankings, but blargh. It's a lot of tedious math and effort, idk how Nyke could stand to do it. If anyone feels excited enough to go through all the records and record everything in one document, let me know and I'd be happy to link what I've got so far, along with all the results xD

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Are you guys doing round robin?

Sure are. Everyone will play everyone at least once.

If anyone feels excited enough to go through all the records and record everything in one document, let me know and I'd be happy to link what I've got so far, along with all the results xD
I wouldn't mind, I've got a little bit of spare time to kill before school starts up again for me on the 19th. Link all the results in here and I'll tally up all of the points from all of the biweeklies.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Old man Sharkie loved to do math. May his soul rest in peace
Forgot to mention I saw Old Man Sharkie in the SKTAR2 stream lol. He's busy with work and pretty much away from Smashboards right now. He's also a victim from the new layout. @.@ So yeah, his nursing home is treating him just fine >__________>

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Knock yourselves out guys. Here's the sheet I was working on with the minimum amount of records I wanted, also forgot to add a secondary list. So far only Waldo is complete lol, and BS's records are only from like the first bi-weekly.

Ike Player list

and the results of the bi-weeklies:
1st Bi-weekly
2nd Bi-weekly
3rd Bi-weekly
4th Bi-weekly
5th Bi-weekly

edit: Feel free to add more statistics. Nyke had even more on his records.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I bring you the new Ike bi-weekly data sheet, a work in progress which has so far been entirely completed.

Master Data Sheet

Later on I'll add some gimmicks like win percentages against certain people, etc. I decided to determine the PR by win percentage, which kind of skewed the results because some people only entered one bi-weekly. But if I changed it to set wins, it would have been even worse, so I took the lesser of the two evils. Maybe this will encourage people to participate in these more.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
:O I'm in awe, tyvm Rolex!

I mentioned this in skype to Rolex, but thought I'd add it here for others to know:
for top 5, I'm only considering players who have entered more than 1 event. Right now it's just by set wins/losses... but I was thinking of determing it by the same methods that state PR is determined. Anyone thoughts on how top 5 should be considered, outside of basic win %?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Call in the PR panel
If I had it my way I'd be ranked number one but I can't beat you, Meneil, Waldo, Berserker, and all those lovely ducklings we call our Ike family. SO, have an Ike panel if you want but keep me off it until I beat Red Halberd in a MM.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I now realized the girl was calling him Ron-san. Interesting they kept the japanese honorifics, as most anime dubs don't do that ahaha. (I've seen some that did)

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Well the achievements are kinda lol xD but interesting. A little awkward that I'm listed on like, half of them.

Could you maybe take off the "Keep working hard!" one though? It kinda feels like a worst player award xD and atm we need more mid level Ikes to enter consistently. Speaking of which, if a PR was formed, I'd want only Ikes who consistently appear to be on it. Which... regrettably, the only consistent ones also happen to be ranked top 3. And while I trust Waldo and BS to not be biased, it's hard not to look biased if the top 3 are forming the rankings.

I'm thinking of dividing the PR into seasons, like maybe every 8 bi-weeklies or so (that's about 4 months worth). And then keep track of rank vs unranked wins. If you're feeling -really- into this spreadsheet thing Rolex, you think you could make one with records of all player vs player matches? The one you linked of FL also did it this way, with ranked players being in a separate colored section. It would be pretty easy to view a collection of wins/losses against individuals that way.

Orrr we could just make a PR which looks at these manually, which is fine with me too, as long as no one minds it consisting of me, BS, and Waldo. Or others if someone shows up to more than 2 bi-weeklies @_@

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Create a new PR panel and discuss the rankings and reasoning behind them. Don't just make it win percentage, but also factor in how often the player has attended the bi-weekly, and how many times they stayed for the whole thing and got all their matches done. You should also consider which players that player has won against. That's what I remember how we did it before off the top of my head.

EDIT:
Caught this episode last night. So awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJeDqAnJXzM#t=19m55s
Is that the voice actor for Prince Zuko/General Iroh as Fukusuma?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I feel like I shoulda kept a log of what were deciding factors in the old PR Panel. I might have to dig up some of the more "important" posts to give you guys an idea of what we went on. We also had a thread I think that had a brief summary as well of the reasoning behind changes.

Anyways, yeah people who consistently attend should be part of the PR. 3 members if the turnout is generally small, 5 if it's medium sized.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I can't fix it until early tomorrow morning or late tonight, so whenever I do just swing by and check to see if its fixed or not.

I made the Keep Working Hard! achievement to inspire those Ikes to, as the name suggests, keep working hard. But alright, I'll take it off.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I got 9th at our most recent tourney. It was hosted at a smasher's place so it wasn't very big (~38). I lost to Agiito, a good snake who didn't know the match-up very well ( :( ) and Elexiao, a ROB player and one of my personal bane. These two players also beat Glutonny on that very day, and Elexiao actually won the tournament, beating basically everyone noteworthy. I'll post the link to my set vs agiito when it gets uploaded.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I got 9th at our most recent tourney. It was hosted at a smasher's place so it wasn't very big (~38). I lost to Agiito, a good snake who didn't know the match-up very well ( :( ) and Elexiao, a ROB player and one of my personal bane. These two players also beat Glutonny on that very day, and Elexiao actually won the tournament, beating basically everyone noteworthy. I'll post the link to my set vs agiito when it gets uploaded.
A ROB took the tournament? What. 38 is probably local-size, but wow.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
The next bi-weekly is this Sunday, but we now host them inside the Ike Skype chat. If you want to participate, you'll need to join the chat first - maybe PC me and/or BS your Skype name and we can add you.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
It's free, and we use the text chat, not really the voice options, so no excuse to not get it ;p

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@BS Ikr ? Admittedly, our top players aren't MK mains, so suddenly ROB gets much more viable, but he did have to go through like 2 or 3 MK mains nonetheless, some of them just under the level of our top players. Also, this Elexiao uses snake as a secondary and he used him a couple of times.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
There is a Skype app for mobile too.

@BS Ikr ? Admittedly, our top players aren't MK mains, so suddenly ROB gets much more viable, but he did have to go through like 2 or 3 MK mains nonetheless, some of them just under the level of our top players. Also, this Elexiao uses snake as a secondary and he used him a couple of times.
It sounds like Europe is a great place for Ike. D:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't ask me, I don't think it is. I'm assuming its cause IC's can't use their usually approach as Ike space through it. But grab armor exists, jab is gonna get grab armor'd, only reason i don't think its even.

rurounikenshin

Smash Rookie
Don't ask me, I don't think it is. I'm assuming its cause IC's can't use their usually approach as Ike space through it. But grab armor exists, jab is gonna get grab armor'd, only reason i don't think its even.

I was thinking the same thing, grab armor must be a problem for Ike`s Jabs, but I am not too sure about it and there are no good ICs in my area, so I can`t see why, that`s why im asking.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Can't make it to this bi-weekly, I always pull serious johns every time.

I just got back from San Juan and school starts this Monday for me. Maybe if I hadn't gone on the trip I would be attending the bi-weekly, but I will be taking command of the data when it is all finished.

Top Bottom