• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dunno, Some people find irony to be funny but AFAIK most people look at irony and are like 'what am I even witnessing'

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I went to a tournament this week-end and didn't get out of pools :c They made some kind of "middle/low tiers" pool, which is fun, since none of us had to play MKs. But we were all pretty good and the level of the pool was too high so it was a clumsy move in my opinion. However, I was able to play the people I wanted to face so it's okay.

I lost 2-0 to Shaky. Got outplayed the whole set. He 2stocked me first match, second match was a bit closer, like 1stock mid% but still easily his win. We played a couple friendlies after that, I wish I could've played him more :I He got third at the tournament, only losing to Leon and Glutonny in brackets. It was amazing.

Lost 2-0 to Tsuna-Yoshi, a german TL/Olimar player. We went Ike-TL and MK-Oli, both were really close but oh well.

Lost 2-0 to a Jigglypuff player. I hate that I can't hit him with at least jab123 ><

I'm disappointed with my placing but I still played good so I'm not mad.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
>lost to jiggs

Oh man, was it that troll jiggs main who was at leons smash clash? the one who wore the sunhat? XD

still, unlucky draw man. Wish you better luck next time

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@BS actually yeah, there will be one match of me, vs the toon link. He wanted to record all his matches where he played toon link. I'll try to get my hands on it.
I lost to the jiggs player because I died way too early (bad DI/got hit by neutralB) and in general lost my cool.
The TL player, I'll wait for the vid. Don't really know.

@G-P yeah it was him x) I love this guy, and we also respect each other a lot cuz of characters and stuff.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can go to Apex maybe, just don't feel like it. I don't even know if anyone in my region is going. Traveling for 9 hrs on barely any food/sleep again is just ugh..

Hope everyone enjoyed their new years. Got to listen to some people's history with racism in doctorate programs and the workforce, interesting stuff.

Anyways, have people tried the getting rid of the 2-frame delay code? I just feel more secure with that code in place now. I noticed the improvement the most when navigating menus and moving the hand on the character select screen, no more tiny delay. Not much in game yet, but I was only in practice mode for like 10 minutes.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, have people tried the getting rid of the 2-frame delay code? I just feel more secure with that code in place now. I noticed the improvement the most when navigating menus and moving the hand on the character select screen, no more tiny delay. Not much in game yet, but I was only in practice mode for like 10 minutes.
You mean hacking...

No way

sleepycat

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me how I should be going about Ike's retreating Bair? I've used the search function but have turned up with nothing, strangely enough.

Anyway, I've been trying Ike's retreating Bair by jumping with Y and C-sticking to get the Bair out. However, I can never seem to do it fast enough for the Bair to autocancel reliably. Instead, I've been trying to short hop with the control stick and C-stick the Bair. It's turned out with better results so far, but I get the feeling I'm probably doing something wrong. Am I just not fast enough on moving from the Y button to the C-stick for the Bair?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you use the method that you feel comfortable doing. Most people will opt to use the method you just stated for a retreating B-air, But-like you-I can't go from Ybutton to Cstick fast enough. so I do this:
Y-buttton > Back+A-button > Forward

Give it a go, It's a weird way of doing it but it works for me because I can just roll my thumb across the Y and A buttons

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Retreating bair I just use Jump + A, C-stick is too slow for that. I would use L (as jump) if I didn't have to click the entire thing, lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I remember when I thought Ike was such an easy character to deal with.

Man, was I wrong. First time I versed a good Ike I got so destroyed it wasn't even funny.

Now i'm scared of you all and your ability to punish my darn PK fires. @.@

/end random rant that this Lucas/Ness main needed to get out.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
PK fire sucks

That's why the dude with the huge double handed sword can split you up the middle before your annoying sounds can kick in

All that high pitched PK blah blah makes my teeth hurt

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
PK fire sucks

That's why the dude with the huge double handed sword can split you up the middle before your annoying sounds can kick in

All that high pitched PK blah blah makes my teeth hurt
PK fiyah is amazing. Getting better at spacing it against Ike now. :3

You'll be hearing it a lot more if you ever meet me in a tourney! ;)

Oh but umm, it's not THAT high pitched. Star KO Lucas... THAT'S high-pitched. @.@

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sup back from my 7 day cruise

Happy new years Ikes

Apex is a no-go for me. Don't like brawl anymore. I'll probably show up for dinner if CJ and I are still on for that?

Also why is the title still about buffalo?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sup back from my 7 day cruise

Happy new years Ikes

Apex is a no-go for me. Don't like brawl anymore. I'll probably show up for dinner if CJ and I are still on for that?

Also why is the title still about buffalo?
Ussi, why can't you be fun and go to Apex?

i'm going I wanna see you on stream!! :mad:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lol me on stream. Only way i'd be on stream is if it was me cheering for Ryo who was on stream.

I just don't have fun playing this game.

Top Bottom