• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike, Awesome character or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbbIkemaster

Smash Cadet
:laugh:
Hey everyone out there.
tell me what do you think of Ike.
For example.
I think Ike is the best character in ssbb.(my opinion)
He's cheap. (never will be my opinion)
plus any body who plays ssbm and is a fan of Roy, I'm happy that they
replaced him for Ike.:chuckle:

Geist

Smash Master
:laugh:
Hey everyone out there.
tell me what do you think of Ike.
For example.
I think Ike is the best character in ssbb.(my opinion)
plus any body who plays ssbm and is a fan of Roy, I'm happy that they
replaced him for Ike.:chuckle:
wow
uhm
yeah
pshhhh
jeeze
how do I say this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

You'll soon find out that Ike is plagued with lag.
and cheap is another word for effective
lag is not effective.

but he is more deserving that Roy.
he was our boy, but we like Ike better anyways.

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
to respond to the Roy fans:
since i am someone who doesn't like clones, mainly because it is a BIG waste of character slot, i like Ike.
i mean imagine Roy in brawl.... same moves as marth.... and as we've seen with the space animal pilots.... the final smash will obviously be the same with minor changes.
seriously couldn't they even come up with one idea to change just ONE of the starfox characters (the real problem is Falco since Wolf and Fox are different enough i don't think of them as clones)? or give toon link a deku leaf and properties of fire and ice arrows that are random in the same way Peach's turnips and G&W's side B are random? or give Gannondorf his nasty looking sword from TP as Tilts OR Smash attacks rather than just as a taunt? we already have Link, Fox, and Cfalcon; we DON'T need clones.

yeah, We Like Ike. he is NOT a waste of character slot. If Brawl had 50 character slots i won't mind a couple clones.

D

Deleted member

Roy's character model for Sword of Seals was based off of a generic female(?) sword character.

Ike on the other hand is clearly the revamped Mercenary/Hero class on acid and is totally amazing.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Is this community semi-dead? We aren’t discussing anything anymore; Ussi and Light are pilling write-ups. Roy was a cloned, weakened version of Marth. He gets no sympathy from me.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
lol roy, I mained him. But Ike is infitely cooler. Sword of Seals is the worst FE game imo and PoR and RD are amazing games. Ike > Roy

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, Ike has some baaaad matchups and he's not at ALL the best character in the game.
But it's easy to be happy playing him because he's a badass nonetheless. He's just about the coolest character in the game.
He's more of a man than Roy could ever be (poor lad). I'm very happy with Ike.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Get over it Y melee is dead and Ike is way kooler than roy will ever be.

Change that Icon right now.
Nevar. D:

to respond to the Roy fans:
since i am someone who doesn't like clones, mainly because it is a BIG waste of character slot, i like Ike.
i mean imagine Roy in brawl.... same moves as marth.... and as we've seen with the space animal pilots.... the final smash will obviously be the same with minor changes.
seriously couldn't they even come up with one idea to change just ONE of the starfox characters (the real problem is Falco since Wolf and Fox are different enough i don't think of them as clones)? or give toon link a deku leaf and properties of fire and ice arrows that are random in the same way Peach's turnips and G&W's side B are random? or give Gannondorf his nasty looking sword from TP as Tilts OR Smash attacks rather than just as a taunt? we already have Link, Fox, and Cfalcon; we DON'T need clones.

yeah, We Like Ike. he is NOT a waste of character slot. If Brawl had 50 character slots i won't mind a couple clones.
As you already pointed out, there are already clones in Brawl, so that's not really stopping Roy from being in Brawl. Your argument means nothing. Besides, Roy could have been changed a bunch to not even be considered a clone. -_-

And wtf? Same Final Smashes? 3 ****ing land ****ing master ****ing tanks.

Roy's character model for Sword of Seals was based off of a generic female(?) sword character.
lol wut? o.o

Ganon lost his sword cause he was gonna be an Ike clone.
Probably. xD If I remember correctly, Ganondorf's attacks with a Beam saber resembles Ike's normal attacks...

=Roy was a cloned, weakened version of Marth.
And Ike is a terribad character in Brawl.

lol roy, I mained him. But Ike is infitely cooler. Sword of Seals is the worst FE game imo and PoR and RD are amazing games. Ike > Roy
LOL. Sword of Seals is definitely not the worst FE game. FE8 was MUCH worse(FE2 is supposed to be REALLY bad too). Also, I'm kinda doubting that you've played Sword of Seals, and you're just saying that it's bad because that is what you heard. I'm currently half-way through the game, and I am thoroughly enjoying it(Although it is quite tough, arguably the hardest FE game).

He's more of a man than Roy could ever be (poor lad).
Roy gets to choose from 6 girls to marry at the end of his game; Ike literally runs away scared from women who want to have sex with him(Dunno if he changed from this in Radiant Dawn, but that's how he acted in PoR). Roy is a pimp.

Closing statements: Roy is half ****ing dragon. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom