• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iGT2 - kissimmee, Fl - 9/1/07( new update 8/27)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Hiroshi and iNet Gamerz presents : iGT2

alright guys..the owner of iNet is gonna let me run this tourney...he even said he is willing to close the the game center that day so we can make this huge...no extra WoW players to get in our way...so basically i want to make this the new CFL hotspot...i dont see why this place cant be successful...it will have full mlg rulesets...it'll be set-up just like gigabits...we'll do just a 2v2 and 1v1 tourney oh yeah...they have two big screen tvs...with like no lag

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS BIG!!! HE WILL DO MORE TOURNAMENTS AS LONG AS THIS ONE IS SUCCESSFUL. DON'T LET THIS GREAT VENUE GO TO WASTE!!!

CHECK UP ON THE 'NEW INFO" SECTION FOR UPDATES!!!

THIS IS A LINK TO THE GAME CENTERS WEBSITE.
http://www.inetgamerz.com/

current info:

Where:
105 broadway
Kissimmee, Fl 34741

When:
May 19th 2007

2v2: 10:30 a.m.
1v1: 1 hour after teams finishes

Prices
2v2: $20 per team
1v1: $15

Rules:
standard mlg ruleset...same ruleset as gigabits...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages:
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

New Info:
8/15/07- ok, so i just copied and pasted the info from the iGT1 thread, so there might be some outdated info, but this is better than what i had before. i'll, keep updateing this thread just like i did in the old one, and i will keep writing in this section. hope to see you at the tourney.

8/23/07- GREAT NEWS!!! i just found out i have this day off so i will be there in full force to host and run this thing. although i'll try to use eric as my tournament assistant i guess. helps to have some help.Also, remember to bring tvs and definitely MAD cubes/copies of smash. we had soooooooooo many friendlies last time because of all the smashers bringing in so much equipment. i really appreciate that. lets make this one great as well.

8/24/07- ok, last time, A LOT of people got screwed over with directions. mapquest apparently gets ******** around that are. so basically, some helpful info.
if you get onto Orange Blossom Trail,(also known as 441), just head south and you will eventually get to iNet. in this area, the street names are known to change like every 2 miles, its cuhrazee. i really encourage people to call me if they get lost. my info is on the bottom. i tweaked the stage section a bit.

its a nice venue...pretty roomie...good a/c....
please give me your thoughts...there is no reason why this can't be big...and he plans to do a series of tournaments....

comments...concerns...please write back...peace

Attendance:
1)hiroshi
2)vericz (teaming with uuaa, NOT hiroshi)
3)uuaa (taking vericz away from me)
4)qdvs
5)rohins
6)manko(no longer attending)
7)noucles
8)reno
9)i forget renos teammates name
10) xyz
11)otru
12)sheer
13)zoro
14)marin (zoro's gf, shes mad good)
15)cmroddy
16)vzakat
17)exarch
18)derf
19)fantasia
20)colbol???
21)c@$hmooney???
22)f-0 (nick)-the preaching player
23)imageomega
24)dguy???
25)al
27)crom
28)saab
29)BAMN
30)kat
31)dop?
32)pasqual?
33)bergoth
34)ted boosely
35)juib
36)skrach?
37)fenrir

SET-UPS:
gamecubes:
6 - iNet Gamerz
1 - hiroshi
1 - uuaa

tv's:

MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 922 - 1048
MY HOME PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 932 - 3450
hiroshi988@yahoo.com
aim and yahoo screen name: hiroshi988

-hiroshi

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Me & Rohins most likely will be there again. We'll hopefully be able to bring more from Tampa as well since USF will be back in session, so guys like Noucles & Hulk will be back in town.

That venue is like the best one we've been to. ^_^

vZakat

Half Genie
Roddy and I should be able to make it, unless school is too heavy at the time, or roddy has car problems.

vericz

Smash Champion
Last time someone bumped into the thermostat and turned off the AC, lets not do that this time :)

Get the rules and junk up boi!!! We should also have a smashfest or something

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
If IGT is at iNet, I could try showing up for it. I didn't go to the last one because I think I was busy. Hopefully I'll be back in town on the 1st if it's on that date.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
so what percentage out of the pot is the lan center keeping? and how will the rest of the pot be distributed?

i havent asked the others from TNT but we will most likely be there

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well last time, they kept 50% of the pot, so i am assumming they are going to do the same thing for this one. you have to remember, he would make a lot more money just keeping the game center open with all his customers. since this game center has a lot of consoles, they get mad little kids in their. like all the tvs are occupied and a lot of the comps are being used. ive seen people waiting in line to play cuz it gets so packed. so he has to close it down fo rus for a bit. on a side note...

WTF, IGT IS BACK, ZOMG!!!!1 EVERY1 HAS TO GOES 2 DIS. CUHRAZEE GUD!!!...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Just heard from Brian that this MIGHT be postponed due to him possibly working that day. Hopefully it's not but I'll leave it up to him to make the official announcement.

Don't postpone!!! Hosting smash tourney is better than work!!

F-0

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I have a convention coming up on august 31st-september 2nd. It's the "Follow The Christ" District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses @ the Silver Spurs Arena. If I go the 24,25, and 26, I could go to Inet, but It doesn't seem likely.

vericz

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I have a convention coming up on august 31st-september 2nd. It's the "Follow The Christ" District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses @ the Silver Spurs Arena. If I go the 24,25, and 26, I could go to Inet, but It doesn't seem likely.
Skip on the 1st, it is 3 days long.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
I'm confused...the subject says September 1st, but the post says May 19th? I'm assuming it's the 1st of Sept. so is all the other info correct?

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
new to the scene. I've never played Smash competitively. I played FPS games competitively/professionally (CPL and such - especially a lot of local LANs). But, I've been curious about checking out what the tourney Smash scene was like and with Brawl around the corner, maybe learning how to play the game well enough to compete.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
new to the scene. I've never played Smash competitively. I played FPS games competitively/professionally (CPL and such - especially a lot of local LANs). But, I've been curious about checking out what the tourney Smash scene was like and with Brawl around the corner, maybe learning how to play the game well enough to compete.
tru you'lll get a chance to experience everything, once u start chillin with them ****** that are good... tru

Top Bottom