• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Were To Nurf One Character.....

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Out of every 500 PKfreeze tossed at me, I get hit by 1 and only offstage when my double jump is gone
Yeah PK Freeze is pretty easy to avoid for the most part. Don't get me wrong it's a good move but it isn't polarizing

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I know I'm a Ganon main, but against other people I would nerf the speed of his up smash.
I'm surprised no one else said Ganon either! I am also a Ganon main but I totally think hes too strong now.

1. Yes agreed. Nerf the speed of the up smash.
2. Less knockback on ftilt
3. Less knockback on fsmash

I might also say nerf the damage on nair, but it does take some skill to land so maybe not.

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one else said Ganon either! I am also a Ganon main but I totally think hes too strong now.

1. Yes agreed. Nerf the speed of the up smash.
2. Less knockback on ftilt
3. Less knockback on fsmash

I might also say nerf the damage on nair, but it does take some skill to land so maybe not.
You have the right idea, but ftilt is mainly used for getting space from your character. I would reduce it slightly, too.

Btw no one said Ganon. Really? I thought everyone would want to nerf him!

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Name the objectively best character in the game. Nerf them... repeat ad nauseam.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Well, as the original post says... the things people want nurfed aren't for debate or argument, but for individual preferences. Some people struggle against Ganon, some people don't. Each person has a reason. Everyone hates fighting someone for some reason.

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Nerf :ultbayonetta: more simply out of spite because of sm4sh.

(Jk. Don’t kill me bayo lovers plz)

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
Seeing the knee-jerk reactions here on nerfing characters makes me glad that most people in the community don't have input in the balancing of the game. There is a reason why the backroom is made up of people who actually know what they are talking about.

Did you just post something completely irrelevant to the topic which only served to establish your own ego? I think you did. Kind of like how the first or second post in the "What are your worst match ups?" thread was "I don't have any bad match ups"

Maybe contribute something of actual value instead of jerking yourself off.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I don't think any character really needs to be nurfed right now.

I'd say just beff the underwhelming characters and bring them up to speed.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Did you just post something completely irrelevant to the topic which only served to establish your own ego? I think you did. Kind of like how the first or second post in the "What are your worst match ups?" thread was "I don't have any bad match ups"

Maybe contribute something of actual value instead of jerking yourself off.
You are SO precious!

Kisses and hugs to you!

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone really needs nerfing, as I don't experiment/study how truly balanced it is, but I always hated how Dark Pit's electrcoshock always comes out uninterrupted. You can hit him with some powerful attacks that would knock back any fighter, including heavies, but his attack takes priority.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I wanna nerf 2

Olimar: cause he's too op and has a really frustrating kit to play against... if you play olimar I wont be your friend and pretty much everybody else won't be your friend either... his kit needs a small rework (specials mainly, grab and usmash)

Wolf: ev1 just abuses this monster, IMO its stronger than olimar... but its not frustrating to play against... you wolf mains, we can be friends haha

I'd nerf Bayonetta so that she isn't able to upB infinitely, along with making the move SDI-able.
(yes, there is a feature that allows her to upB as much as she wants, and it can't be SDI'd out of.)
please enlighten me... send me a video of this... I'm being sarcastic, such thing doesn't exist... she can get a third jump if you do an almost frame perfect imput though which gives her a ton of more flexibility... did i mention its super risky and hard to pull off consistently? (which if you fail you're dead pretty much always if youre offstage)... if youre having trouble with bayo try outprioritizing her (90% of the cast does this) with aerials, or stop her mobility with projectiles.... also, trade hits with her, i think she loses trades against the whole cast or like 99% of it

her upb/sideb combos are sdi-able btw...youre probably doing it wrong if its not working for you... good players wont get combo'd by her

why nerf her combos though? theyre super inconsistent, require and require good judgement to know how to follow up... most characters do 30 damage with just a downthrow followed by an aerial, while the very best characters have super long combos that can do 40-60 damage with just consistent muscle memory (pichu, palutena, pikachu, wario, wolf, ness, fox, peaches just to name a few examples)

she cant even kill

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:ultsnake: players are going to hate me after this.
But I do believe that nerfing him would be more healthier for the game's meta and fun factor.

-Up Smash FAF 55 > 60
(Heck even after chucking on five extra frames, this move would still be amazing)

-Down-Throw doesn't add more hitstun at higher percents, thus the move is purely for tech chasing and the kill confirm with Up-Tilt at 160+ is no longer true.
(Honestly, Snake is not lacking in kill options at all including throws so losing this would not hurt him. If anything this could allow Snake players to get more fun and creative with throw kill set-ups into other moves sort of like Duck Hunt. Down-Throw Up-Tilt is just too simple, boring and really doesn't need to be there.)

-Grenades take 45 frames longer to explode.
(It's more of a trade off if anything since this means Grenades could be out longer and cause more pressure, but this would just decrease those moments when you accidentally grab a grenade while attacking, then try throwing it away only for it to blow up in your face mid-throwing animation.)

-Grenades will only prematurely explode if they take 10% or more.
(Case and point, Grenades have 10 HP now. This is the only nerf I could think of that really doesn't benefit Snake at all since most of his moves do 10% or more. Anyway weaker attacks will now just stop them in there place sort of like :ulttoonlink: bombs now.)

-Nikita has way less Knockback Growth.
(Worse at killing and able to tech it more often. Snake's edge-guarding/ledge-trapping is good enough without it.)

-Nikita won't recover it's hitbox after you hit it then shield cancel it.
(Do I even have explain this one...)

-C4 has a smaller detonation hitbox, it can no longer hit most characters standing under the BF side platforms while the C4 is on the platform.
(The move is already insanely strong, fast and surprisingly hard to find. The giant hitbox it has now is just overkill considering how much space and options it can cover.)

-C4 can be destroyed similarly to Isabelle's Down-B.
(Why this wasn't a thing to begin with is beyond me.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom