• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you were part of the buff/nerf patch team, what changes will you give megaman

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I actually think he is really good as is.

Maybe give less landing lag on flame sword?

And buff metal blade so it is like it is in Mega Man 2 lol

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Just a little touch like making dsmash' lasting hitbox safer or something to give more options. I think megaman is likely to go broken mode if he gets overbuffed lol

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
No ending lag on utilt, dsmash and usmash.

Fully charged fsmash would break reflectors.

And the best buff of all BEING ABLE TO USE TWO METAL BLADES AT THE SAME TIME LIKE IN THE TRAILER.

XD

Seriously now, i agree with uncaDon, just a small buff like that(flame blast pillars being able to protect you if you miss) or less ending lag in other of his kill moves, just one. I would like him to be like Mario, have at least ONE smash attack he can just throw out a little safer.

Or you know what, if that is too much, just the ability to use up B when leaf shield/plant barrier/skull barrier is out.

Wouldn't want my favourite gaming character to become the brawl MK of this game.

And buff metal blade so it is like it is in Mega Man 2 lol
That would make brawl MK look like street fighter 4's Dee Jay in comparison XD.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I totally agree with being able to use up B with leaf shield. How about lemons with leaf shield :D

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
less lag on his moves, specially the killing ones and his bair and fair, nothing else.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Nerfs:
Tone Air Shooter back a little in terms of damage.
Hard Knuckles persistant hitbox once hitting the ground removed.
Reduce roll distance slightly.
Decrease Crash Bomber shield damage.

Neutral:
Decrease Rush Coil (object) bounce height
Make Forward Smash a disjoint rather than a projectile, removing it's transendent properties.

Buffs:
Crash Bomber attaches to opponents who are shielding.
Shield damage dealt by Up Tilt and Forward Smash increased slightly.
Make Flame Blast viable by giving it a heavy but deteriorating windbox to it's sides.
Skull Barrier activates instantly.
Plant Barrier heals Mega Man for 1% per leaf that touches an opponent while surrounding his body.
Flame Sword autocancels any time after the hitbox ends.

Last edited:

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
short-hop auto-cancel fair like that would be the best thing ever. Don't believe me? Use smooth lander on MegaMan and try it out.

Karonax

Zen Blue Warrior
NNID
Karonax
3DS FC
1633-4179-2591
Personally I wouldn't change him at all, he feels just right to me. Buffs help but I wouldn't lobby for them.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Bair would auto-connect all three hits. Buff it to kill around 5% lower damage. USmash would have a slightly wider hitbox.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Flame sword is badass in that video, kinda like it was in the original mega man

Kouki

Smash Rookie
I think Dsmash should have better hitboxes.

Also would have loved his charge shot to be just B and you could store it >_<

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd make him slightly heavier. So he's even harder to launch. I'd also make his Slide longer and his Charge Shot go further. Maybe make his Down Smash faster. But I wouldn't change too much else.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
He can now jump out of D-Tilt(Slide).

Kinda amazed he can't do it in this game considering he could do it in every game except 6.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Jab and F-Tilt: Increase bullet distance by 3 times, but the bullets don't cause flinching past the default range. This will allow the bullets to function much more like the games, while also being more useful, without making them function any different. It's silly how the current version, especially when walking forward, has less range than most character's f-tilts.

F-Smash: Make weak charge's range equal to that of fully charged. This move just isn't very useful without the range of the fully charged version, but the fully charged one is too slow to to be effective most of the time.

D-Smash: Make the lingering flames after the initial hit have hitboxes that flinch opponents. This is one of MM's best smashes but it's worthless because of how vulnerable it leaves you and how hard it is to land. By giving it lingering hitboxes, it'll make the move less punishable and give MM an option when overwhelmed by pressure.

F-Air: Make the knockback angle more horizontal. The current angle knocks them too upward and makes it easy to punish MM even when the hit lands. I would also make this move auto-cancel on a shorthop, as it's pretty much MM's only melee pressure option and he really needs that.

Neutral-B: Make the sawblade uncatchable until after it's been stuck in the ground. I think it's just silly that opponents can catch it out of the air and throw it back.

Forward-B: Make the clash bomb able to stick on shields, decrease it's detonation time to 1.5 seconds, and remove its ability to switch targets. Seriously, MM is the only character where 3 out of his 4 B moves can be used against him, and it's just silly. Clash Bomb should be dangerous and tricky, and it's current form is more of a nuisance than anything.

Down-B: I want this move to be better, but I honestly can't think of anything that wouldn't make it broken.

Everything else I think is fine.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Mega Man is one of the best balanced characters in the game, and that's pretty impressive considering how easily he could become OP with just a slight change.

I think he needs a little more help not getting juggled like crazy when recovering above the stage. This could probably be achieved with a Leaf Shield/Plant Barrier buff that would prevent opponents from running under you and simply shield grabbing it. Maybe a larger or more frequent hit box, or perhaps not disappearing when grabbed.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Less startup on the custom Plant Barrier to make it closer to Leaf Shield. That's all. Maybe slightly more damage on Ice Slasher or more horizontal knockback on Flame Sword, but overall nothing really bothers me about The Blue Bomber. He's fine the way is already, and I really hope the next balance patch doesn't affect him much.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i feel mega man could use slightly faster walk speed. considering his whole neutral game is surrounded by utilizing pellets.

upsmash to have a bigger hitbix as the move whiffs far to easily given it's enormous cooldown

and for his up b rush coil to allow him to react out of it faster similar to sonic.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
upsmash to have a bigger hitbix as the move whiffs far to easily given it's enormous cooldown
usmash's hitbox is ridiculous as is, it hits under the stage on the edge, as well as pretty much as far away from MegaMan as you physically see the needles.

Personally, I think MegaMan's perfect. His smashes are powerful and eager to kill, but they have the perfect amount of startup and cooldown. He's been graced with options for almost every situation, and has a decent recovery that is surprisingly hard to gimp/predict when used correctly.

If I were to be completely facetious about changes I would make to him, be able to run and jump while charging/holding fsmash. Three metal blades at a time. Pellets limited to three per screen, not three per (whatever amount of time it is). Leaf Shield fires when you move. Crash Bomb never changes targets, explosion doesn't hurt you. Slide is Charge Slide instead of normal slide, does hilarious knockback.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
usmash's hitbox is ridiculous as is, it hits under the stage on the edge, as well as pretty much as far away from MegaMan as you physically see the needles.

Personally, I think MegaMan's perfect. His smashes are powerful and eager to kill, but they have the perfect amount of startup and cooldown. He's been graced with options for almost every situation, and has a decent recovery that is surprisingly hard to gimp/predict when used correctly.

If I were to be completely facetious about changes I would make to him, be able to run and jump while charging/holding fsmash. Three metal blades at a time. Pellets limited to three per screen, not three per (whatever amount of time it is). Leaf Shield fires when you move. Crash Bomb never changes targets, explosion doesn't hurt you. Slide is Charge Slide instead of normal slide, does hilarious knockback.
Top Spin runs out of energy after one use?

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
less lag on a lot of his moves. Seriously jabs can be grabbed way so easily and there isn't a single move from megaman that doesn't scream OMG punish me!

Last edited:

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
Five things,

1. Less landing lag on fair.
2. Up-air should always give you the windbox. No more jankness from it.
3. Fully charged fsmash should break reflectors.
4. Upsmash shouldn't accidentally hit people out of it on the first hit.
5. More consistency on when metal blade disappears after hitting the ground.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Metal Blade disappearing consistency is easily one of the first tweaks I'd like. It's not really a nerf or a buff but it makes planning much simpler for us.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I'd like to see a few small buffs:
-Can use As while in leafshield and only throws on pressing special or increase leafshield hit stun while orbiting.
-Clash bomb detonation is made up of multiple small explosions instead of one, taking about .2 seconds in total, this way it's harder to shield because you'll be forced to stay in shield a bit longer.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
How to make him broke:

sh fair / bair autocancel

you can use aerials during leafshield

rush acts as wall / block when falling. Dragging players under it down with him.

no landing lag when landing from rush coil

lemons do 3% instead of 2%

slight increase to range of lemons (jab ftilt nair)

more knockback on bthrow making it a more reliable kill throw

hitbox on dsmash lingers longer.

more shield chip on crash bomb

the last few frames of dtilt trip the opponent instead of popping them up, leading into follow up, grab, utilt etc...

What do you think :3

But really I think he's balanced. No changes need to be made. Lower tiers need to be buffed to this level and high tiers nerfed a little to around his level.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Nerfs:
Tone Air Shooter back a little in terms of damage.
Hard Knuckles persistant hitbox once hitting the ground removed.
Reduce roll distance slightly.
Decrease Crash Bomber shield damage.

Neutral:
Decrease Rush Coil (object) bounce height
Make Forward Smash a disjoint rather than a projectile, removing it's transendent properties.

Buffs:
Crash Bomber attaches to opponents who are shielding.
Shield damage dealt by Up Tilt and Forward Smash increased slightly.
Make Flame Blast viable by giving it a heavy but deteriorating windbox to it's sides.
Skull Barrier activates instantly.
Plant Barrier heals Mega Man for 1% per leaf that touches an opponent while surrounding his body.
Flame Sword autocancels any time after the hitbox ends.
I agree with every single Buff/Nerf except for the Forward Smash not being a projectile. Megaman is a character built around projectiles, and I feel this attack is one of the very unique things about him. As for my personal list:
1. Ice Slasher does slightly more damage
2. D-throw does slightly more damage
3. Weaken the B-throw
4. Metal Blade travels slightly farther than it can now
5. Nerf Greninja (this obviously applies to Megaman in every way :awesome:)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm waiting with baited breath... desperately hoping that they just don't touch him. I think Mega is perfect as-is, and no real nerfs/buffs are necessary.

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
I think Megaman is pretty balanced, but given my way, I'd like to see some small buffs across most of the cast in the upcoming patch. For Megaman:

-Longer lasting hitbox on flame pillar or less endlag
-Less Landing lag for Fair (and possibly Dair)
-Slightly longer range on Dtilt
-Ability to fastfall Nair lemons if started as Jab/Ftilit.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I'm waiting with baited breath... desperately hoping that they just don't touch him. I think Mega is perfect as-is, and no real nerfs/buffs are necessary.
You have to admit though. Dsmash sees very little use due to how punishable it is. It could use some sort of buff.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I agree with every single Buff/Nerf except for the Forward Smash not being a projectile. Megaman is a character built around projectiles, and I feel this attack is one of the very unique things about him. As for my personal list:
1. Ice Slasher does slightly more damage
2. D-throw does slightly more damage
3. Weaken the B-throw
4. Metal Blade travels slightly farther than it can now
5. Nerf Greninja (this obviously applies to Megaman in every way :awesome:)
Lmao, you have to be joking on the back throw. It only kills when you're backed up against the ledge, and is by far his most reliable and safe kill moves. No way it should/will be touched.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Lmao, you have to be joking on the back throw. It only kills when you're backed up against the ledge, and is by far his most reliable and safe kill moves. No way it should/will be touched.
True. If anything, i wish that they gave it Ness's back thow killing power. If they did that, no other buff would be necessary, Rock would be broken as hell XD.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Personally I think Mega is balanced very well. Only buff I can ask for is slightly less endlag on Dsmash

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think the end lag on Dsmash wouldn't be so bad if the hitbox lasted the whole time there were flames. Not as much knnockback after the initial hit though obviously.

Top Bottom