• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you were part of the buff/nerf patch team, what changes will you give megaman

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Changes I'd like to see. Not that these will happen, buttttttttt.....

Upsmash-Hit's every frame but still deals the same dmg overall so it can be used as a lasting active hitbox, plus remove the random they get sent flying early thing.
Fsmash- Either reduce the startup time considerably, or add plenty of shield stun to make it safe on shield, and reduce the end lag.
Dsmash-Make it stronger. I want this move to keep it's attrocious startup and end time, but I'd like to see it absolutely destroy anyone who gets hit by hit. Make it do like 22-25% uncharged and more at full. Basically a high risk/reward move that's worth using, unlike the current version where its high risk and moderate reward.

upair-make it kill reliably at the same percentages and avoid fallouts.
fair-give it either faster startup, or let us short hop with it and land without major lag.

Lemons(nair/ftilt/jab) more hitstun when opponents try to clash through them.

dtilt-less endlag. like clouds basically.

upb-remove the RCO lag so that I don't have to land with a lemon if I ever use this move. It would be amazing to up b escape and then land with a quick grab, as it is you can only land and avoid the lag with attacks.
b-make it disappear after a set # of times landing, make it an active hitbox on the ground for the enemy, and if we want to dream, disallow an opponent to catch it with an attack.
down b- allow up to be used during this move.
side b- less endlag. stronger on shields to allow stronger shield break possibilities.

I'd also like the ability to set a Z drop button that is independent of if the left stick is in neutral or not, and would like the ability to spam z-drop catch it, as currently if you z drop and z catch it forces an air dodge catch.

Oh, also let us z-drop any time we can take an action instead of initially forcing us to f-throw it at times.

So theres my dream changes that won't happen lol.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Zucco just made a video on what he thinks are Mega Man's worst moves while giving out ideas on how to fix them so they're better or at least more functional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGxLQMe86p8

Pretty much almost everything he talked about is what I feel even though there are some things I disagree with like hard knucle (He even says that not everyone will agree with him on this one.) being at the bottom and leaving out an obvious move that has a bunch of flaws. However, what he did talk about that kind of opened my eyes a bit and gave me some food for thought was how fundamentally bad top spin is. It's similar to flame blast except that it has a lot less reward. It was definitely a treat to watch and see where we agree, disagree, and learn something new.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Top Spin is great for gaining stage control (when it hits). You will be taking them a good portion away from center stage if not off stage.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Top Spin is only good if your opponent has a crash bomber attached to them and you're below 41% so your opponent can't do anything while you can shield the explosion and follow up with slash claw. You can follow metal blade up with top spin, but you'd rather go for a grab, jab-reset, fair, bair, u-tilt, etc. This move either needs super armor/invincibility, or a lot less ending lag to make it somewhat good at least.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Top Spin is an excellent roll punish and an even greater newbie detector. I'd like to see it be patched to allow Mega Man to jump out of it at any time.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Top Spin is an excellent roll punish and an even greater newbie detector. I'd like to see it be patched to allow Mega Man to jump out of it at any time.
I'd think it would make more sense if you were able to jump out of slide (Jump jump. Slide slide.) instead of top spin.
In Mega Man 3, top spin only works in the air yet in Smash 4, it's a dash attack which only works on the ground. Meanwhile, in the same game along with other Mega Man games, you can jump out of slide if you're not under a narrow pathway.

Top Bottom