• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Most of these fan rosters look fantastic and so well done. Loving your roster the most @Bebe Mignon since it has Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch FTW), Takamaru, and Elma.

Good thing a certain pal of mines told me about Roster Maker a long time ago and I would like to show my updated roster later this week. :)
Just take your time and plan well. That's the only advice I have for you since you might already have a idea of what characters you can add. Cuts are also pretty necessary, whether anyone likes it or not.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Will work on an actual image soon.
And here it is.

Some notes
-Replaced Impa with Tingle since Tingle was the star of his own games something that even Zelda hasn't done...officially.
-The 3 "?"s are placeholders for a 2nd, 3rd, and the upcoming 8 gen pokemon.
-Removed Brittany from my original list since any new types of Pikmin could easily be used by Olimar.
-Removed Jenna from my list because it's highly up for grabs if we get Isaac and so a second Golden Sun rep is probably not gonna happen.
- Added Geno to my roster as a Square rep and for symmetry
- And above all else a huge shout out to @Geno Boost for the 3DS style Icons for many of the characters here.

Troykv

Smash Master
And here it is.

Some notes
-Replaced Impa with Tingle since Tingle was the star of his own games something that even Zelda hasn't done...officially.
-Removed Brittany from my original list since any new types of Pikmin could easily be used by Olimar.
-Removed Jenna from my list because it's highly up for grabs if we get Isaac and so a second Golden Sun rep is probably not gonna happen.
- And above all else a huge shout out to @Geno Boost for the 3DS style Icons for many of the characters here.
This is the first time that I saw freaking Anthony in a Fan Roster hahaha...

PD: I also prefer Azura over Corrin

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Semi-Rant Here:

What I'll never understand is when a fan roster includes hypothetical, currently unknown characters. I get it for roster predictions, but to include it in a fan roster makes no sense to me.

Like I continuously see FE rep, _Gen Pokemon rep, and I think: "what if nobody good/worthy comes out of those games?", then you're forcing crap characters into your roster just for the sake of repping something.
I'll never understand the FE thing anyway, the series has 14 games, most of them unrepped, yet somehow we feel each new iteration is deserving of new character(s). Why not just rep the timelines? There's 5 of them, seems much, much more practical/easy then adding a new character every new Fire Emblem game.
Same with Pokemon really. We skipped Gen 3 and 5 completely (and currently Gen 2 is unrepped), yet some feel each new Gen automatically needs a rep. Why?

I'm not trying to hate on anyone for their decisions, and if you ARE trying to make a realistic roster you need to know this rant doesn't apply to you, but I just don't understand the mentality behind putting in non-existent characters on a fan-made roster as fan-made rosters should consist of characters that YOU want.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
And here it is.

Some notes
Was going to complain about 10 Pokemon on your list but any list with Anna in it is an automatic A+ to me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And here it is.

Some notes
You can't go wrong with Krystal and Geno on the same roster. I upboated it for that reason, but everywhere else it's looking good.

Semi-Rant Here:

What I'll never understand is when a fan roster includes hypothetical, currently unknown characters. I get it for roster predictions, but to include it in a fan roster makes no sense to me.

Like I continuously see FE rep, _Gen Pokemon rep, and I think: "what if nobody good/worthy comes out of those games?", then you're forcing crap characters into your roster just for the sake of repping something.
I'll never understand the FE thing anyway, the series has 14 games, most of them unrepped, yet somehow we feel each new iteration is deserving of new character(s). Why not just rep the timelines? There's 5 of them, seems much, much more practical/easy then adding a new character every new Fire Emblem game.
Same with Pokemon really. We skipped Gen 3 and 5 completely (and currently Gen 2 is unrepped), yet some feel each new Gen automatically needs a rep. Why?

I'm not trying to hate on anyone for their decisions, and if you ARE trying to make a realistic roster you need to know this rant doesn't apply to you, but I just don't understand the mentality behind putting in non-existent characters on a fan-made roster as fan-made rosters should consist of characters that YOU want.
Same; as I said on my poorly-received roster, I refused to load it up with question marks, even though there will realistically be characters we don't know about yet.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
This is the first time that I saw freaking Anthony in a Fan Roster hahaha...

PD: I also prefer Azura over Corrin
What can I say, Smash needs a black guy.

Was going to complain about 10 Pokemon on your list but any list with Anna in it is an automatic A+ to me.
The whole idea for the pokemon was to have at least one rep from each generation.

You can't go wrong with Krystal and Geno on the same roster. I upboated it for that reason, but everywhere else it's looking good.
I like to think that Geno is to classic Square, what Sora is to modern Square.

I don't really see a reason for Young Link and Toon Link to coexist. Are you going for a Hyrule Warriors style move set with a two handed sword or...? I do like the addition of Gigue being not only a Mother 1 rep but also a villain. The lack of Snake bothers me though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I don't really see a reason for Young Link and Toon Link to coexist. Are you going for a Hyrule Warriors style move set with a two handed sword or...? I do like the addition of Gigue being not only a Mother 1 rep but also a villain. The lack of Snake bothers me though.
I figure since we have marth, lucina, and roy, I guess Young Link could either get an overhaul with other abilities/ items from the LoZ series. Or he could be Royified.

Roster update:
- Dropped Chibi-Robo from realistic roster: it has been stated that the series will (most likely) end if Zip Lash isn't succesful, and it doesn't look good at the moment... I will add Chibi-Robo back if the sales start to improve.
- Added a second Xenoblade rep placeholder to realistic roster. If the series continues to be succesful I can very well see a second rep happening.
- Replaced Rayman with placeholder third-party slot in realistic roster: I can't really say which third-parties are the most likely for Smash 5, so I think a placeholder would be better.
- Added Classic Ganon to bias roster. Although now the number of characters isn't exactly ideal. :ohwell:

Realistic (65)

Bias (69)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters), second Xenoblade character (next to Shulk), Rhythm Heaven character (between Inkling and Miis), new third-party and Random button (both at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
Mine:

Explanations and reasonings:

Cuts:

Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario were all cut because they're not worth the spots they take.
Roy was cut due to only ever being in one game that never even made it out of Japan. He's pretty irrevelant now.
Mewtwo was cut because Lucario deserves the spot more to be honest, the aura mechanic is unique. Also, too many Gen 1 Pokemon.
Sheik was also cut for irrevelance, she's only appeared in Ocarina of Time to my knowledge and is barely even an important character in that.

Additions:

Ice Climbers: no hardware limitations for Smash 5 (hopefully).
Snake: this is more hopeful than realistic, I know what's happening with Konami but I loved playing as him.
Toad: long time member of the Mario franchise, has been through enough to deserve to be in Smash.
Dixie Kong: DK seriously needs another rep, and if Sakurai won't add K. Rool then Dixie will have to do. She might end up being a semi-clone, but at least she adds to the number of a. DK reps and b. female reps.
Waluigi: another well-known member of the Mario franchise, really deserves to be in if Wario is.
Inkling: Splatoon is incredibly popular, and one of Nintendo's new franchises. Deserves to be in Smash to both advertise Splatoon and Smash to both seperate fanbases.
Impa: replaces Sheik. More relevant than Sheik within the Zelda franchise, is a non-clone Zelda rep and has great moveset material.
Midna: this is, like Snake, more hopeful than realistic. If she was ever going to appear in Smash it would have been in Brawl or Smash 4, but I can dream, right?
Sceptile: there are no grass starters or Gen 3 reps in Smash 4. Sceptile can fix both of these.
Generic Pokemon rep: this is reserved for whoever ends up being popular from Gen 7.
Alph: Pikmin is under-repped, especially with Pikmin 4 coming out soon. Alph can use Rock and Winged Pikmin while Olimar uses Purple and Whites. Olimar's Up B can be reverted to his Brawl one, while Alph will steal his Smash 4 one.
Viridi: better than Dark Pit/10.
Generic Fire Emblem rep: this is Kamui/Corrin from FE Fates, just couldn't find an icon for them.
Bandana Dee: Kirby needs another rep and Bandana Dee has great moveset material from Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dream Land.
Fiora: I actually don't know anything about her, but Xenoblade is a growing franchise and could use a rep.
Tom Nook: if they can create movesets for Duck Hunt and Villager they can create one for Tom Nook. He's a recurring character in Animal Crossing and I'm sure Nintendo could piece something together for his moveset with, like, money bags or something.
Dark Samus: only Metroid rep I could think of seeing as I've never played the games. Ridley is deconfirmed, sooooo

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just take your time and plan well. That's the only advice I have for you since you might already have a idea of what characters you can add. Cuts are also pretty necessary, whether anyone likes it or not.
Cuts usually happens when the development team ran out of time (Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo in Brawl), or when technical complications arise (Ice Climbers in SSB4), or when third party issues arise (Snake in SSB4), or when there are updated versions of existing characters (Young Link in Brawl). I don't know why Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur were cut, though...

I think I would have liked a Smash game with no cuts if possible...

Mario series: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4yoshi::4bowserjr::rosalina:
Donkey Kong series: :4dk::4diddy:
Wario series: :4wario2::4wario:
Zelda series: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::younglinkmelee::4tlink:
Metroid series: :4samus::4zss:
Kid Icarus series: :4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
EarthBound series: :4ness::4lucas:
Fire Emblem series: :4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
Kirby series: :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
Star Fox series: :4fox::4falco::wolf:
Pokemon series: :ivysaur::squirtle::4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::pichumelee::4lucario::4greninja:
Pikmin series: :4olimar::4alph:
Nintendo franchises: :4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::popo::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk:
Third-party franchises: :4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic:
Mii Fighters: :4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:

And some veterans have some changes done to them...

:4wario2: is now a separate character from :4wario: and he is named "Overalls Wario". His moves are based on Wario Land hats and transformations.

:4ganondorf: keeps his normal moves but his Falcondorf special moves are now custom moves. He gets new default special moves based on the Zelda games like Dead Man's Volley and Warlock Blade.

:younglinkmelee: is now a semi-clone like Roy. He wields a two-handed Kokiri Sword and his Final Smash is Fierce Deity Link instead of Triforce Slash. He also has the Keaton Mask just like in Hyrule Warriors. :awesome:

:4pit: gets his old Brawl moveset back as his default moves while his new SSB4 moves are now custom moves.

:4darkpit: keeps his SSB4 moves so he feels like a semi-clone of Pit when Pit gets his old Brawl moveset back.

:4lucina: at the very least gets a bow that acts like a projectile version of the Shield Breaker. That alone should be enough to differ her playstyle from Marth. Her original Shield Breaker is now a custom move.

:ivysaur::squirtle::4charizard: remain separate just like solo Charizard in SSB4 but they all have their own Pokemon Trainers. Charizard gets Red :pt: but Squirtle gets Blue (makes sense when he is Red's rival and he always gets the starter with the type advantage over Red's starter) and Ivysaur gets Leaf (get it? :awesome:)

:pichumelee: is now a semi-clone like Roy and it now has an electric meter (like Little Mac's KO meter). Electric moves still hurt Pichu but it raises the electric meter... and when it is full, Pichu's Static ability kicks in and Pichu's electric body will paralyze the opponent just by getting attacked and Pichu's Thunder Jolt is temporarily replaced with a bigger, faster, and powerful version. It gives Pichu players an incentive to use electric moves.

:4alph: is now a separate character from :4olimar:. He is a semi-clone who exclusively uses Rock Pikmin instead of Red, Blue, Yellow, White, and Purple Pikmin. Alph's Rock Pikmin have the same properties as Olimar's Purple Pikmin... so I imagine playing as Alph would be like playing as Olimar with only Purple Pikmin... and I think that is more than enough to differ Alph's playstyle from Olimar's.

:popo: is reworked so that Popo and Nana will always be together no matter what... just like the Dog and the Duck. That means Nana cannot get separated from Popo during the Belay recovery... instead of throwing Nana to the ledge, Popo sends the Condor with the rope to the ledge. Oh, yeah, and no more desynching.

:4pacman: gets Ms. Pac-Man alt.

:4ryu: gets Ken alt.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

:4wario2: is now a separate character from :4wario: and he is named "Overalls Wario". His moves are based on Wario Land hats and transformations.

:4ganondorf: keeps his normal moves but his Falcondorf special moves are now custom moves. He gets new default special moves based on the Zelda games like Dead Man's Volley and Warlock Blade.

:younglinkmelee: is now a semi-clone like Roy. He wields a two-handed Kokiri Sword and his Final Smash is Fierce Deity Link instead of Triforce Slash. He also has the Keaton Mask just like in Hyrule Warriors. :awesome:

:4pit: gets his old Brawl moveset back as his default moves while his new SSB4 moves are now custom moves.

:4darkpit: keeps his SSB4 moves so he feels like a semi-clone of Pit when Pit gets his old Brawl moveset back.

:4lucina: at the very least gets a bow that acts like a projectile version of the Shield Breaker. That alone should be enough to differ her playstyle from Marth. Her original Shield Breaker is now a custom move.

:ivysaur::squirtle::4charizard: remain separate just like solo Charizard in SSB4 but they all have their own Pokemon Trainers. Charizard gets Red :pt: but Squirtle gets Blue (makes sense when he is Red's rival and he always gets the starter with the type advantage over Red's starter) and Ivysaur gets Leaf (get it? :awesome:)

:pichumelee: is now a semi-clone like Roy and it now has an electric meter (like Little Mac's KO meter). Electric moves still hurt Pichu but it raises the electric meter... and when it is full, Pichu's Static ability kicks in and Pichu's electric body will paralyze the opponent just by getting attacked and Pichu's Thunder Jolt is temporarily replaced with a bigger, faster, and powerful version. It gives Pichu players an incentive to use electric moves.

:4alph: is now a separate character from :4olimar:. He is a semi-clone who exclusively uses Rock Pikmin instead of Red, Blue, Yellow, White, and Purple Pikmin. Alph's Rock Pikmin have the same properties as Olimar's Purple Pikmin... so I imagine playing as Alph would be like playing as Olimar with only Purple Pikmin... and I think that is more than enough to differ Alph's playstyle from Olimar's.

:popo: is reworked so that Popo and Nana will always be together no matter what... just like the Dog and the Duck. That means Nana cannot get separated from Popo during the Belay recovery... instead of throwing Nana to the ledge, Popo sends the Condor with the rope to the ledge. Oh, yeah, and no more desynching.

:4pacman: gets Ms. Pac-Man alt.

:4ryu: gets Ken alt.
I'm not a fan of bringing a lot of characters back, but I'm not going to hold that against you. Some personal feedback on some of your ideas:

-Just a personal opinion, but I want Wario to stay as one character. I'd much rather have them just incorporate some of his Wario Land personality into his move set. I think PM does it really well, and I'd love to see that happen in the actual series. You have the safer idea though.

-Project Ganondorf really has me wanting a completely revamped Ganondorf. If any character deserves to be split in two it would be this one (Ganondorf and Ganon?). Though I'd rather just have one completely redone Ganondorf.

-I'd switch Dark Pit and Pit's move sets, personally, though yours makes more sense seeing that the new kit is based off of the new game in which DP made his first appearance.

-I'd rather keep Trainers out of it. Plus, what do you think their new down specials would be?

-I think another way Alph could be different from Olimar is that Olimar can keep his tether recovery while Alph takes the Flying Pikmin. Not only that, but changes to the dash, jab, and tilts can also further differentiate the two.

-As an IC fan, I'd much rather have the IC's revovery be a mountain climbing tether, then the condor appearing from nowhere to constantly save them. I also wouldn't mind it being able to spike at the tip (Brawl ZSS style), or have the ability to be cancelled midway through to give off the slingshot effect of their former recovery.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
G'day mates and gals, the moment you all been waiting for. Super Smash Bros. NX's roster arrives with a main roster of 78 characters (Plus a new Mii Fighter class that specifies in magic). New alts had been added (including fan favorites like Princess Daisy, Ms. Pac-Man, and Cross of Xenoblade X fame) in addition to 10 DLC fighters. Here are the details of each fighter.

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Duck Hunt
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar & Pikmin
Shulk
Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic
Mii Fighters (Gunner, Swordsman, & Brawler)

Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Kam... errr Corrin
Bandanna Dee
Sceptile
Isabelle
Alph & Pikmin
Elma
Inkling
Rhythm Girl
Yuuri Kozukata
Takamaru
Mini Kangaroo
Bayonetta
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Mii Mage (Shares the same slot with the other Mii Fighters)

Roy
Wolf
Lucas
Mewtwo
Snake

Isaac
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Lucina
Itsuki Aoi & Chrom (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)
Ryu
Wonder Red
Waluigi
Cloud Strife
Style Mother****ing Savvy

This was quite the hard on due to figuring out which characters would cause hype while focusing on my personal desires. The Ice Climbers are also back due to the processing power of the upcoming handheld being strong enough to handle them. Most of the DLC are great options that include highly popular characters like Isaac and Cloud while having some cult characters like Style Savvy and the main protagonist of the upcoming SMTxFE crossover. Several characters couldn't make the cut due to several constraints, but they are back with some tweaks in their moveset. Some characters couldn't make the final cut like Yo-Kai Watch's Jibanyan since it's too early to tell if the series will be a massive hit in the West or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
> Goes for Cloud Strife
>Wants a GIR#FE character
> Keeps Ryu as DLC
> Still has that Aussie bias for a cute kangaroo duo

Oh you! :p

But I'm somewhat glad that the cut characters are back as DLC instead of being gone altogether. And the fact that you are targeting Ridley is pretty huge since you always say that he's too big. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Goes for Cloud Strife
>Wants a GIR#FE character
> Keeps Ryu as DLC
> Still has that Aussie bias for a cute kangaroo duo

Oh you! :p

But I'm somewhat glad that the cut characters are back as DLC instead of being gone altogether. And the fact that you are targeting Ridley is pretty huge since you always say that he's too big. :laugh:
Just because I joke about that purple dragon's girth doesn't mean that I'm against the idea of him being a fighter. He's one of the remaining All-Stars left and I felt the way that Sakurai treated the big guy was a bit unfair. Plus, I doubt any other character from the Metroid franchise interests me other than Ridley (Unless he's that cuddly Kraid).

Cloud is there since he's the one Final Fantasy character I can think of that's big as Snake and Pac-Man (Plus I love 7 the most out of the entire franchise). Itsuki too because I have that gut feeling that the spinoff would be pretty popular in Japan despite the hatedom from both fandoms. For Ryu, I just can't think of a reason why he wouldn't return since the Street Fighter franchise is just that popular.

Video game character or not, Mini Kangaroo I feel would be the most appropriate character to represent Nintendo's older routes unlike the more suggested Hanafuda mascots. The logo can easily be anthropomorphized as a cartoony kangaroo with her own Joey and there are countless toys that can be used at their disposal. And you know damn well that I hate the Virtual Boy's guts and never will like it. :p

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Once again, I'm updating my roster. Gender swaps (for those who have them) still return with Pikachu gaining one. All characters get custom moves. I would give two special costumes, a home series and a crossover one, with some exceptions. Shiny Pokemon are palettes. Shiny palettes apply to Mega Forms as well.

Returning Characters:
Everyone in Smash Wii U/3DS minus Miis & Ryu
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Character swaps: (Roster member listed first, then swap.)
Mario - Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr. - The Koopalings
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Olimar - Alph
Pit - Dark Pit

Newcomers:
King K. Rool (DK)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Krystal (Star Fox/Lylat Wars)
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Sceptile (Pokemon)
Azura/Aqua (Fire Emblem)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Takemaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Inkling (Splatoon) [both male and female]
Any Ray Custom Robo (Custom Robo)
Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy) [Creator Bias]

Criticism is welcome. Feel free to ask questions about the roster or the special costumes.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Once again, I'm updating my roster. Gender swaps (for those who have them) still return with Pikachu gaining one. All characters get custom moves. I would give two special costumes, a home series and a crossover one, with some exceptions. Shiny Pokemon are palettes. Shiny palettes apply to Mega Forms as well.

Returning Characters:
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Mario - Dr. Mario
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Olimar - Alph
Pit - Dark Pit

Newcomers:
King K. Rool (DK)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Sceptile (Pokemon)
Azura/Aqua (Fire Emblem)
Takemaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Criticism is welcome. Feel free to ask questions about the roster or the special costumes.
You... You get me. Questions though: Seeing that Pikachu's voice is already inherently female, how would you gender swap him? And are you not going to change any move sets, like G-dorf and other semi clones?

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
You... You get me. Questions though: Seeing that Pikachu's voice is already inherently female, how would you gender swap him? And are you not going to change any move sets, like G-dorf and other semi clones?
The moveset changes in my previous roster version on page 21, post 823 still apply here. In short, I would make changes as described there. For Pikachu's gender, It would be a tail edit to be in line with the gender difference feature that applies to Pikachu in the games. Female Pikachu would still have character mechanics, hitboxes, etc. as the male variant. I think this could help out with costume ideas.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Returning Characters:
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Mario - Dr. Mario
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Olimar - Alph
Pit - Dark Pit

Newcomers:
King K. Rool (DK)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Sceptile (Pokemon)
Azura/Aqua (Fire Emblem)
Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Fixed. Sorry, it's that my inner grammar nazi just emerged.

Though I like your selection of characters and alts (especially Ike as that cutie Chrom). Bartz (aka Butz lol) isn't that bad of a choice either since he's one of my few favorite FF protagonists.

No arguments there, mate. :)

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Fixed. Sorry, it's that my inner grammar nazi just emerged.

Though I like your selection of characters and alts (especially Ike as that cutie Chrom). Bartz (aka Butz lol) isn't that bad of a choice either since he's one of my few favorite FF protagonists.

No arguments there, mate. :)
Thanks, I thought of Chrom fans when I made this and the previous roster version. As a bonus, character swaps would gain special alternate costumes, too. So, I don't think of characters that swap with a roster holder as a costume. On Bartz, I voted him during the Smash ballot. Bartz would be a great gift to Final Fantasy fans that still like Nintendo since he has tons of skills and weapons that would be useful in Smash. Plus, Bartz debuted on Super Famicom in his game's original release and to me would better fit with the cast than post-FF6 characters.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the character boards are closing soon, shouldn't this be moved to the general Smash Wii U thread?

grizby2

Smash Lord
If I had total control over the roster, I would make 1 solid cut.
and that cut would have to go to WFT, because I'm truly not fond of the character in the game at all.

I would make Dr. Mario, Dark pit, and Lucina be skins for Mario, pit, and Marth respectively. Pichu would also be a skin for Pikachu.

Ganondorf would be revamped completely. he deserves a different move set and an updated look.

returning characters would be
1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ice climbers (without nana being a separate AI, so that they're still a "pair" and wont be too much for 3DS to handle)

As for new additions, I only have 7 in mind.
1. Shantae
2. Shovel knight
3. Rayman
4. King k. rool
5. Banjo-kazooie
6. Crash bandicoot
7. Isaac

That's how i would have things anyway....:upsidedown:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think this is the most realistic Super Smash Bros. 5 roster. Any criticisms?

The only characters I don't agree with are Paper Mario, Doc, Krystal (mixed as of now), and Jibanyan

Everything else looks really solid

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey FalKoopa FalKoopa , you have any idea on where this thread will be moved? The Nintenzone is another option of where the thread can be transferred.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My first instinct is that it seems strange to remove every single third party character. Piplup seems like a random choice, and it seems excessive to give Splatoon three characters in its first Smash Bros. appearance, but other than that, I don't have any significant problems with the roster.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Nintenzone certainly works.

I'm assuming LunarWingCloud LunarWingCloud is okay with it being moved there?

:231:
I don't know about that one mate. The last time LunarWingCloud was last active was forever and he/she probably haven't been checking here from what what I've seen in the last ten pages.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm fine with 3 AC/Splatoon characters, but I'd look for more originality (at least with the Splatoon characters). For me, the Squid sisters and the Octolings would probably end up too similar by default, Judd and Capn' Cuddlefish on the other hand have a bit of mystery to them. As for AC, I think Tom Nook should always be involved when discussing possible reps, KK Slider's good to though.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with 3 AC/Splatoon characters, but I'd look for more originality (at least with the Splatoon characters). For me, the Squid sisters and the Octolings would probably end up too similar by default, Judd and Capn' Cuddlefish on the other hand have a bit of mystery to them. As for AC, I think Tom Nook should always be involved when discussing possible reps, KK Slider's good to though.
Inkling uses Rollers, Shooters and Splat Bombs. (Final Smash: Inkzooka)
Octoling uses Chargers, Splatlings and Seekers (Final Smash: Kraken)
The Squid Sisters uses Slochers, Inkbrushes and Ink Mines (Final Smash: Inkstrike)

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
The biggest issues I have with this roster are that third party characters are completely gone, I would keep Splatoon to only the Inklings, and keep Animal Crossing to Villager and K.K. Slider. Aside from those issues, I think I would play this roster. I like most of the newcomer choices, though.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Inkling uses Rollers, Shooters and Splat Bombs. (Final Smash: Inkzooka)
Octoling uses Chargers, Splatlings and Seekers (Final Smash: Kraken)
The Squid Sisters uses Slochers, Inkbrushes and Ink Mines (Final Smash: Inkstrike)
I'm not denying they can have different movesets, but I feel a lot more creative liberties can easily taken with Judd and Cap'n Cuddlefish to allow for more interesting characters.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
My Roster:

The Original 12:
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Ness (okey)