• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Veterans.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4wario::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mewtwo::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4marth::4myfriends::4pit::4palutena::4samus::4zss::4ness::4lucas::4fox::4falco::4villager::4falcon::4duckhunt::4shulk::4wiremac::4gaw::4wiifit::4olimar::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman:

Returning.
:wolf:

Cuts.
:rosalina::4greninja::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob:

Nintendo Newcomers.
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
  • King K. Rool, or Dixie Kong (DK)
  • Impa, Midna and Wolf Link, or Tetra (LoZ)
  • *Insert new gen. Pokemon rep* (Pokemon)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  • Tiki (Fire Emblem)
  • Azura (Fire Emblem)
  • Paula (Earthbound)
  • Krystal (Star Fox)
  • Inklings (Splatoon)
  • Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  • Issac (Golden Sun)
Third parties.
  • Rayman (Rayman)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Komabt)
No Elma... No bueno...

Lol jokes aside, I have to agree with CrusherMania. I hope you're prepared for the backlash. Good luck!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Cloud's reveal made me make some changes

Couple of notes
- :4greninja::4mii:cut, with :4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario: appearing as Alt. costumes and :4mii: appearing exclusively as multi-man enemies
- Bowser Jr. still has :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: as Alt. costumes
- Transforming characters are back, and transformation speed is a little faster
- Toon Zelda is Sm4sh Zelda but with major mechanic changes (Din's Fire doesn't channel, speed and power differences)
- Samus and ZSS remain separate
- Pokemon Trainer is Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur as expected
- Olimar is back to the way he was in Brawl (tether recovery, random pikmin order)
- Alph is Sm4sh Olimar + has rock pikmin
- Mac, Takamaru, and Lip have their appearances from Captain Rainbow as Alt. costumes
- Start breaking a bunch of Sakurai's pre-requisites to be in Smash just to make the fanbase go crazy (i.e. Miku and Chief)

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Good luck avoiding a backlash from so many fans here
No Elma... No bueno...

Lol jokes aside, I have to agree with CrusherMania. I hope you're prepared for the backlash. Good luck!
I actually meant to add Elma. Anyway, I was just being realistic. If a new smash game were to come out then obviously not all of the characters would be able to come back. Plus I really don't mind who I cut. Either they're clones, bland, or I feel like they've had there time. The Mii's however? They can burn.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Here's my take at making a roster. 70 characters in total with 64 of them being Nintendo characters

Modified Veterans:
:4wario2: Now has some moves from Wario Land and Wario World
:4ganondorf: Now has Dead Man's Volley as a B move
:4tlink: Ballad of Gales as new final smash
:4lucina: Unique moveset that also includes other weapons like bows and lances
:4palutena: Default moveset changed

Cuts:
:4jigglypuff: Loss of relevance in her own series
:4sheik: Loss of relevance in her own series. Impa serves as a spiritual succesor
:4zss: Want to avoid having two versions of the same character that come from the same timeline unlike Link and Toon Link
:4drmario: Alternate costume for Mario
:4darkpit: Alternate costume for Pit

Possible Cut:
:4greninja: Depends how well his popularity remains once the new generations arrive

For now I'll try to avoid predicting third party characters that have yet to appear in Smash. This roster might change as time passes and new characters, besides Pokémon, are introduced.

EDIT: Darn, I totally forgot about Wonder Red. Will try to add him whenever I modify my roster

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Roster (Relative realistic one)

All the Characters from Smash 4 (52 + Miis = 53)

Returning Characters:

Wolf (54)
Snake (55)
Pichu (56)
Ice Climbers (57)
Squirtle (58)
Ivysaur (59)

Newcomers:

King K. Rool (60)

The king's finest hour is finally here. Like Snake, a heavy weight character that has a trap/proyectil style.

Dixie (or Cranky) Kong: (61)

Everyone wants more DK Characters? TAKE ANOTHER XD

FE Character (62)

Obligatory rep. Most probably the Main Character specially if isn't another swordsman.

Bandana Dee (63)

A rising star. And he is cute :3

Pokémon Character (64)

Obligatory Rep

Captain Toad (65)

Basically a Bandana Dee from the Mario Series.

Ridley (66)

He... Is... Freaking RIDLEY! (We will need some creative liberties)

Isaac (67)

Would be a cool adition with earth Magic, and has many fans still waiting.

Inkling (68)

A cool idea from a cool game.

Unsure characters/Honorable Mentions: Waluigi, Paper Mario, Chibi Robo, etc.

Biased version:

Pretty much like the realistic one... With 2 extra characters.

Adeleine (69)

A Summoner Mage-like character with fun potential. Also one of my most wanted characters.

Micaiah (70)

My absolute most wanted character ever. A strategical glass cannon with interesting tools with her magic books and staffs. I love Micaiah.
With :4cloud: probably I need to change a little bit these, the character that I (and people) looks like be the least cared is Captain Toad... so yeah.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintedo newcomers
Excite bike
Keldo (resloute form)
Toon Zelda
Toon shike
Pulse and Minun

Third party
Klonoa
Ken
Fireburn
A few questions here:
-why Plusle and Minun? I realize they were part of the forbidden seven (unless that was misinterpreted), but otherwise, it seems like a random choice for a Pokemon, given that there are about 720 of them and those two aren't really notable
-by Ken, do you mean Ken from Street Fighter, or is there another character named Ken that you're thinking of?
-who/what is Fireburn?

Tyfox Akihisa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nothing here
A few questions here:
-why Plusle and Minun? I realize they were part of the forbidden seven (unless that was misinterpreted), but otherwise, it seems like a random choice for a Pokemon, given that there are about 720 of them and those two aren't really notable
-by Ken, do you mean Ken from Street Fighter, or is there another character named Ken that you're thinking of?
-who/what is Fireburn?
First, Fireburn is a character from the Ghouls and Ghost series, but the character had its own series
second I meant Ken from the Street Fighter series and I've chosen Plulse and Minun because if the next game would be on an portable console they would be like the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
First, Fireburn is a character from the Ghouls and Ghost series, but the character had its own series
second I meant Ken from the Street Fighter series and I've chosen Plulse and Minun because if the next game would be on an portable console they would be like the Ice Climbers.
You mean this guy?

He'd be pretty cool - I vaguely recall that there were games on the NES and Super NES (Gargoyle's Quest?) starring him, and he's been playable in SNK vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Seems a bit excessive to have four Capcom characters, but it's your dream list, so I can't really criticize that.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Something I'd enjoy doing.
Okay, here's the characters who made the cut: (returning)
Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Peach, Fox, Kirby, Luigi, Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Zelda/Sheik combined, Samus, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Mr. G&W, Bowser, Bowser Jr (without his cart), Duck Hunt Dog, Megaman, Ike, Marth, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, Palutena, Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma...
Generally most of the roster with these exceptions.

Lucina is not added, however Roy is. Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Dixie Kong are made playable solely through attainable equipment, over their own spots. Squirtle doesn't make the cut, nor does Pokemon Trainer. Squirtle's absence makes up for one of the newcomers appearances below. Ivysaur does return.

Newcomers:
Krystal, King R.K ool, Daisy, Growlithe (whom turns into Arcanine in a final smash), and Jynx.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I wanna make another one of these with a nice roster and everything, but the roster maker doesn't work for me. Can anyone help me out? I download it and "open it" and the screen just quickly flashes like it's about to open, but never does.

C3CC

Smash Lord
VETERANS
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario (with Wario Land/Wario World inspired moveset and appearance)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco (with changes made to make him as little of a Fox clone as possible)
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers

UNLOCKABLE VETERANS
Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf (FINALLY no longer a Captain Falcon clone)
Toon Link (moveset has more emphasis on the "toon" branch of Zelda games to help reduce his clone status)
Robin
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt
R.O.B
Olimar
Shulk

NEWCOMERS
Ashley (a way to still have representation for the WarioWare games after the overhaul done to Wario)
Dixie Kong (would be made as different from Diddy Kong as possible)
Impa (her Skyward Sword design unless she get's an updated one in a future Zelda game)
Inkling (Splatoon is a new IP that will likely become a mainstay Nintendo franchise)
Takamaru (fills the "retro character" role that Ice Climbers, Pit, and Duck Hunt filled in their respective Smash debuts)
Isaac (from Golden Sun)

UNLOCKABLE NEWCOMERS
Captain Toad (becoming very popular recently)
Vaati (second most reoccurring Zelda villain after Ganondorf and adds a villain for the "toon" Zelda game branch)
K. Rool (most iconic and reoccurring villain for the Donkey Kong games)
Dark Samus (unique Phazon powers plus a villain rep for the Prime branch of the Metroid games)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Captain Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M is also a new IP like Splatoon is, possibly another mainstay as well)
Monita (fills the "random/silly" character role similar to Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, R.O.B, and Wii Fit Trainer)

3rd PARTY CHARACTERS (limit of 5)
Sonic (also an unlockable veteran)
Mega Man (also an unlockable veteran)
Pac-Man (also an unlockable veteran)
Snake (also an unlockable veteran)
Banjo & Kazooie (also an unlockable newcomer)

CUT CHARACTERS
Rosalina (too much Rosalina pandering lately, plus Captain Toad can rep the Galaxy/3D World branch of Mario games)
Sheik (only appeared in one Zelda game over a decade ago, plus Impa is an actual Sheikah)
Zero Suit Samus (just Samus without her power suit, get out of here with that lol)
Dr. Mario (clone)
Dark Pit (clone)
Lucina (clone)
Mii Fighter (blegh)

Total characters=60

Almost forgot to add Mii Fighter to the cut characters list.
You do know Rosalina is not going anywhere, right?

My roster:

Take Smash 4's roster, cut Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina. Add Ice Climbers and Wolf again.

Add:

-Toad
-Paper Mario
-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-King K. Rool
-Impa
-Ridley
-Pokémon Rep (I'd choose Sceptile, but that's very farfetched).
-Inkling
-Isaac

Troykv

Smash Master
With :4cloud: probably I need to change a little bit these, the character that I (and people) looks like be the least cared is Captain Toad... so yeah.
I try something now with the Roster Maker

Custom Roster 1, Smash 5.png

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

With the Cloud bomb that dropped on us recently (Still surprised that I guessed him as DLC), I figured some changes would has to be made. Cloud is now on the main roster with a prettier icon with Asuka being demoted to DLC First Class. Another sacrifice had to be made in the form of Wonder Red being removed in favor of the hottest Zelda Topic Linkle, she would be the Hyrule Warriors rep with dual crossbows at her arsenal and a Final Smash involving the Overseer of Triforce (Those two witches).

And after a month worth of waiting, Itsuki-poo finally has that well deserved roster icon for now (even though it might have been too much work to also involve Chrom in the image). But you still get the idea that the two are to fight together to represent the main tag team mechanics of the upcoming RPG Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Having recently reobtained the roster maker, I may try to throw a roster together sometime in the future.

With the Cloud bomb that dropped on us recently (Still surprised that I guessed him as DLC), I figured some changes would has to be made. Cloud is now on the main roster with a prettier icon with Asuka being demoted to DLC First Class. Another sacrifice had to be made in the form of Wonder Red being removed in favor of the hottest Zelda Topic Linkle, she would be the Hyrule Warriors rep with dual crossbows at her arsenal and a Final Smash involving the Overseer of Triforce (Those two witches).

And after a month worth of waiting, Itsuki-poo finally has that well deserved roster icon for now (even though it might have been too much work to also involve Chrom in the image). But you still get the idea that the two are to fight together to represent the main tag team mechanics of the upcoming RPG Genei Ibun Roku #FE.
- No cuts beyond the three clones and Ryu, plus adding essentially every cut character from Brawl 'cept Squirtle and Ivysaur, making this roster too unbelievably unrealistic..
- Captain Toad over regular Toad.
- Sceptile.
- Isabelle.
- Bayonetta.
- Alph.
- Mini Kangaroo.
- Elma.
- Yuuri.

Because of the above, I can't say I'm really impressed with this roster, honestly.

:094:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Having recently reobtained the roster maker, I may try to throw a roster together sometime in the future.

- No cuts beyond the three clones and Ryu, plus adding essentially every cut character from Brawl 'cept Squirtle and Ivysaur, making this roster too unbelievably unrealistic..
- Sceptile.
- Isabelle.
- Bayonetta.
- Alph.
- Mini Kangaroo.
- Elma.
- Yuuri.

Because of the above, I can't say I'm really impressed with this roster, honestly.

I'll admit, I was being a bit too generous with the cuts and fell attached to some of these characters. So removing Lucina or Dark Pit for good would have been too cheap.

And for the characters above, I wanted to introduce some modern faces to represent some new IP's that Nintendo own or worked with. Yuuri would be for the survival horror Fatal Frame, Elma would be for the second generation of Xenoblade (another big RPG if the Wii U), The 3rd Generation of Pokemon had been getting the short end of the stick long enough, Alph does have the potential to be his own fighter, Bayonetta for a new action title that would be a representation of Platinum Game's partnership with Nintendo, and Isabelle was more of a tough choice between her and Nook for the next AC rep (I do love both characters so much).

As for Mini Kangaroo, I knew she's stick out like a sore thumb for being the anthropomorphized mascot of Nintendo's early Minigame toys. Perhaps another "hardware rep" like the Hanafuda mascots can work.

Any recommendations for replacements?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As for Mini Kangaroo, I knew she's stick out like a sore thumb for being the anthropomorphized mascot of Nintendo's early Minigame toys. Perhaps another "hardware rep" like the Hanafuda mascots can work.

Any recommendations for replacements?
I have a suggestion, add a Virtual Boy rep since we all know how important that platform was back in the day. :troll:

But serious answer, go for someone from the arcade days. Hanafuda material is the definition of bottom of the barrel and there are BETTER historical characters from the early days of Nintendo games that can be used. Go for a redesigned version of Sheriff with non-violent guns or go for Nintendo's true first protagonist (The Sky Skipper pilot).

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

- Sceptile.
- Isabelle.
- Bayonetta.
- Alph.
- Mini Kangaroo.
- Elma.
- Yuuri.

Hey! What's wrong with Elma? You're breaking her heart. </3

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I have a suggestion, add a Virtual Boy rep since we all know how important that platform was back in the day. :troll:

But serious answer, go for someone from the arcade days. Hanafuda material is the definition of bottom of the barrel and there are BETTER historical characters from the early days of Nintendo games that can be used. Go for a redesigned version of Sheriff with non-violent guns or go for Nintendo's true first protagonist (The Sky Skipper pilot).
NEVER MENTION THAT THING AGAIN! I've already told you countless times irl how much I hated that embarrassment to virtual reality since it costed Nintendo a huge loss (even bigger than the Wii U). You wouldn't want the two of use to settle this in the "dojo", okay? :mad:

Fine, then Sheriff it is. At least he has some notability and Smash fans already know who that white gunslinger is. No offense to Sky Skipper, but that Popeye wannabe is better off being an Assist Trophy instead. There's probably a good reason why Sakurai never referenced that game within the previous titles in trophy form.

Good thing we're both on the same page on a Hanafuda rep. Sure the cards are a huge part of Nintendo history, but I'll never see the appeal of them working as a fighter. Then again, that Nintendouji bloke would easily be a better way of representing that iconic deck of cards.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
You do know Rosalina is not going anywhere, right?
Yes, unfortunately.

But it's my hypothetical roster that I'll never get to actually make, so no need to get offended just because you like the character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No cuts whatsoever...

Add back Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle and Ivysaur...

Add Toad, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Isabelle, Elma, Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Inkling, Ray Mk III, Rayman and Simon Belmont.

Perfection. :awesome:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Yes, unfortunately.

But it's my hypothetical roster that I'll never get to actually make, so no need to get offended just because you like the character.
Oh no, don't worry, I did not get offended. I am curious, however, as to why you dislike her so much.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh no, don't worry, I did not get offended. I am curious, however, as to why you dislike her so much.
I feel that she's shoehorned into everything and her character in SMG that her fans love to put on a pedestal has pretty much been destroyed because of it.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No cuts whatsoever...

Add back Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle and Ivysaur...

Add Toad, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Isabelle, Elma, Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Inkling, Ray Mk III, Rayman and Simon Belmont.

Perfection. :awesome:
Put in Crash Bandicoot that the roster will be perfect-o

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well I decided to take a crack at making my own roster!

The best roster Roster.png

Alternates are on the bottom of the image!

This is kind of biased, as I made almost no cuts and gave special care to the Mario, Sonic and Pokémon franchises. But I would love to see this happen in Smash 5, if the team don't start from scratch!

C3CC

Smash Lord
I feel that she's shoehorned into everything and her character in SMG that her fans love to put on a pedestal has pretty much been destroyed because of it.
As a fan of the character, I have to agree with this 100000%. They pretty much ruined what made her so special in the first place by putting her in literally everything. That, and that she doesn't really have her original somber personality anymore. She pretty much became a happy-go-lucky character like the rest of the cast. Her voice in Mario Kart 8 is something I'll never forgive Nintendo for.

However, I still like her because she has a great design (she's beautiful) and she remains the one Mario character with a backstory, and a great one at that. It's just that she's not the same anymore.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well I decided to take a crack at making my own roster!

View attachment 85757

Alternates are on the bottom of the image!

This is kind of biased, as I made almost no cuts and gave special care to the Mario, Sonic and Pokémon franchises. But I would love to see this happen in Smash 5, if the team don't start from scratch!
*Sees Robotnik, Meowth, Impa, Inkling, and Butt Butt*

Perfect.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Roster Draft 1.png

Several cuts, re-adds, re-cuts, and shameless bias later...

Red borders mean unlockable.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
As a fan of the character, I have to agree with this 100000%. They pretty much ruined what made her so special in the first place by putting her in literally everything. That, and that she doesn't really have her original somber personality anymore. She pretty much became a happy-go-lucky character like the rest of the cast. Her voice in Mario Kart 8 is something I'll never forgive Nintendo for.

However, I still like her because she has a great design (she's beautiful) and she remains the one Mario character with a backstory, and a great one at that. It's just that she's not the same anymore.
I personally don't see why Mario characters need deep backstories myself, but eh.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The cuts in these rosters scare me...

Like these aren't even understandable cuts.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What could be a understandable cut?

The characters cut are usually (Semi-) Clones and Pokémon
Pretty much that. Maybe third parties as well.

When characters like Palutena or retros or Wii Fit Trainer or Little Mac are cut, I just....

What?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
All these rosters, and no one suggests a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory character?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Here's a an updated roster from me. Most of the roster will get at least two special costumes, a home series and a crossover costume with certain exceptions. This time, I am listing only the crossover outfits for those that get them. Gender swaps will return for the characters that use them with Pikachu gaining one here. Shiny Pokemon are palette swaps and will stay Shiny for Mega forms.

Returning Characters:
Everyone in Smash Wii U/3DS minus Miis
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Character swaps: (Roster member listed first, then swap.)
Mario - Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr. - The Koopalings
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Olimar - Alph
Pit - Dark Pit

Newcomers:
King K. Rool (DK)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Sceptile (Pokemon)
Azura/Aqua (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Takemaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Inkling (Splatoon) [both male and female]
Any Ray Custom Robo (Custom Robo)

Ganondorf - Gains a new moveset. Old specials are customs. The remaining moves are his jab, Final Smash, and down air. The rest are replaced by his canon weapons from all timelines, even the trident. N-special is Dead Man's Volley, S-special is the cape, d-special is a shockwave that is caused by a punch and fast falls to the ground in the air, and u-special is levitating.

Mario - gains his Doc persona's down air and d-special. FLUDD is a custom move. Doc's s-special and u-special are modified and given to Mario.

Pit - Gains Dark Pit's arrow and electroshock arm as customs.

Sonic - Gains the instant shield as a neutral air. The new s-special is the Light Speed and the old one becomes a down special.

Falco gets Arwing as his Final Smash and Wolf gains the Wolfen and teams up with Leon for Wolf's Final Smash.

Crossover costumes are listed roster holder first then inspired source (character/series). Character swaps get costumes too! These are fitted to the costume holder. The Miis were cut for the special costumes.
Mario - Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) Luigi - Emerald ver. male protagonist (Pokemon) Peach - Lissa (Fire Emblem) Rosalina + Luma - OoT Zelda (Zelda) Bowser - Baron K Roolenstein (DK) Yoshi - Parka (Ice Climber) Wario - Plumber (Mario) and Dr. Eggman (Sonic)

Donkey Kong - Bald Bull (Punch Out) Diddy Kong - Jeff (Mother/Earthbound) King K. Rool - King Dedede (Kirby)

Link - Takemaru (MMC) Zelda - Peach (Mario) Shiek - Greninja inspired (Pokemon) Ganondorf - Black Knight (Fire Emblem) T. Link - Issac (Golden Sun) Ness - Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit) Lucas - Dr. Shrunk inspired (Animal Crossing)

Dark Pit - Shulk (Xenoblade) Pit - Melee Roy (Fire Emblem) Palutena - Rosalina (Mario) Hades - Ridley (Metroid) Little Mac - Balrog/Boxer (Street Fighter) Cpt. Falcon - Star Fox Uniform (Star Fox/Lylat Wars)

Ike - Mangus (Kid Icarus) Chrom - TP Zora armor sans hat (Zelda) Robin - SNES Black Mage (Final Fantasy) FemRobin - Ashley (Warioware) Lucina - Ashei (Zelda) Marth - Dunban (Xenoblade) Roy - Sinbad/Knuckles inspired (Sonic) Azura/Aqua - Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Charizard - Meta Ridley armor (Metroid) Pikachu - Mario hat & FemPikachu - Peach crown (Both Mario) Jigglypuff - Sleep hat (Kirby) Lucario - Ryu (Street Fighter) Greninja - Shiek (Zelda)

Samus - Mega Man X (Mega Man) Zero Suit Samus - The Boss's Sneaking Suit (Metal Gear) King Dedede - Snorlax inspired (Pokemon) Meta Knight - Vega/Claw's SF2 mask (Street Fighter)

Falco - Cpt. Falcon (F-Zero) Fox - Olimar sans helmet (Pikmin) Wolf - Space Pirate inspired (Metroid) Shulk - Zero Suit (Metroid) Both Wii Fit Trainers - Little Mac sans gloves (Punch Out) Issac - Donnel sans the bucket (Fire Emblem)

Sonic - Link (Zelda) Mega Man - Varia Suit (Metroid) Cloud Strife - Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) Solid Snake - Kecleon inspired (Pokemon) Ryu - Piston Hondo with Ryu's gloves (Punch Out)

No crossover: Takemaru, Ridley, Paper Mario, Olimar, Alph, Ray CR, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Ice Climbers, Wonder Red, Inklings, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., The Koopalings, Dr. Mario (he's Mario's special outfit), R.O.B, Kirby (Kirby hats cover this), and Game & Watch.
Criticism is welcome. Feel free to ask questions about the roster or the special costumes.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
It seems interesting. Mind if I join?
I think everyone from Smash 4 should return except for Dark Pit, Lucina, Ryu and Cloud. I feel Doc should return because by now he is a Smash character who appeared twice like Olimar and Ike. It's possible to make him much less a clone of Mario, maybe using real life medical tools such as defibrillators. Finally, I think Wolf and Pichu will return: the first one will probably come back in Smash 4 too while the second one won't, but I'd like to see that little mouse again!
Now the interesting part:
  • Toad (Super Mario Bros.): I know that Captain Toad would probably fit better than a classic Toad but think about it: everything started out with Toad. Also, he represents the Super Mario series much better than Captain Toad. The latter one can be a costume, along with Toadette.
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong): it's clear that Sakurai's looking for female characters but, unless we see her in Smash 4 Last Direct, he missed one of the best Nintendo lady. She is Kong too, boosting this poor series.
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda): when I imagine Impa in Smash, I don't think about her Hyrule Warriors appearance, because HW just isn't a true Zelda game. So I imagine her as a fresh newcomer who uses many ninja or samurai weapons. Her look should be based on Skyward Sword, in my opinion.
  • Vaati (The Legend of Zelda): maybe it's because I'm a great fan of this series, but we didn't have a true Zelda newcomer since Melee (Toon Link is much an evolution of Young Link with a new style, I honestly feel that there are more differences between Ganondorf in Melee and in Brawl rather than Young Link and Toon Link) so a second Zelda character was imperative to me.
  • Sylux (Metroid): Sylux's getting popular and it will become more popular when Metroid Prime 4 will come out. So R.I.P. Ridley. Poor "little" Ridley...
  • Krystal/Slippy Toad (Star Fox): here, I'm not sure: Krystal is a female character and we need more females but Slippy is coming back in Star Fox Zero, unlike Krystal. So he's becoming even more popular.
  • A 7th/8th generation Pokemon.
  • Corrin (Fire Emblem): Fates is an odd FE game but it's becoming an important part of the series, so I think it will be represented in Smash 5, and who would fit better than its main character, Corrin? Like Robin, she/he's going to have both the female and the male appearances.
  • Tom Nook/Isabelle (Animal Crossing): the faces of AC (aside from Villager). Tom Nook is Tom Nook but I'd rather see Isabelle as a playable character.
  • Elma (Xenoblade): Xenoblade X is a wonderful game. It will be represented with a newcomer and Elma is the best choice. She's actually pretty cool.
  • Takamaru (Murasame): he was scrapped twice. Please, add him!
  • Inkling (Splatoon): most obvious pick.
  • Isaac (Golden Sun): second most obvious pick.
  • Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight): Balloon Fight was actually a funny game, I think it's one of my favorite one in NES era. Also, Balloon Fight was Iwata's game. Now that he passed away, I think Sakurai (they worked together and they respected each other) will put him in, to not forget Iwata. Finally, I think Alice could be a great alternative costume.
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider): just and oddball. Also, the first Retro female character.
  • Rayman (Rayman): one of the few gaming icon not in Smash as a playable character. He's an obvious pick.
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta): I removed Ryu and Cloud because I felt that they weren't too Nintendo-related. So after choosing the icons (Sonic, PAC-MAN, Megaman and Rayman), I chose some less known characters but with an actual story with Nintendo. Plus I really, really supported Bayonetta in the ballot...
  • Professor Layton (Professor Layton): the last but not the least, Level 5's very own Professor Hershel Layton. Like Bayonetta, he isn't an icon (although Hershel is quite popular) but he had a long story with Nintendo.
So there are 70 characters, with 52 veterans and 18 newcomers. Maybe I'll make the roster... Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom