• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Roster:

The Original 12:
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Ness (okey)
Kirby
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Fox
[
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Falco
Marth
Roy
Peach
Zelda
Shiek
Wolf
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Sonic
Snake
Ike
And everyone from sm4sh
besides lucina
Bandana Waddle Dee
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Shovel Knight
Dixie Kong
Isaac
this is my first time with spoilers dont judge me
You cut Bowser but kept Dr. Mario?!!!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
My Roster:

The Original 12:
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Ness (okey)
Kirby
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Fox
[
Doctor Mario
Bowser
Ganondorf
Falco
Marth
Roy
Peach
Zelda
Shiek
Wolf
Wario
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Sonic
Snake
Ike
And everyone from sm4sh
besides lucina
Bandana Waddle Dee
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Shovel Knight
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Klonoa
this is my first time with spoilers dont judge me
Why'd you cut Game and watch? and R.O.B too?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
BoxedOccaBerrys BoxedOccaBerrys you had bonus points for Crash, then I didn't see my girl Lucina on your roster and it made my bonus points sad

Piplup over Greninja? What?

I would've got rid of the other two Splatoon characters, Anna, and KK Slider and the lack of 3rd party characters look pretty disturbing. Everything else looks fine

7.5/10

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Personal SSB6 Roster.png

Figured I may as well post my roster up here.
(Blue border = default, red border = unlockable and green border = alternate character/costume).

Anna is an alternate character to Robin, and Viridi is an alternate character to Palutena. Lucina and Chrom are both alternate characters to Marth. The rest are alternate costumes.

Also, I forgot to put Little Mac in, but he is still in the roster; I just forgot about him accidentally.

Last edited:
View attachment 80356
(Blue border = default, red border = unlockable and green border = alternate character/costume).

Anna is an alternate character to Robin, and Viridi is an alternate character to Palutena. Lucina and Chrom are both alternate characters to Marth. The rest are alternate costumes.

Also, I forgot to put Little Mac in, but he is still in the roster; I just forgot about him accidentally.
Where are the Kirby characters?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
View attachment 80356

Earthbound? Also, that pac-man alt is literally the same design and viridi is too short to work over palutena as is classic sonic

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 80356

How would Anna be an alt attire character to Robin? Anna don't even use a book for her attacks

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 80356

Aside from the Kirby and Earthbound characters, which have already been mentioned, and Little Mac, who you said you forgot, where are Olimar and most of the new series from the latest game? (Animal Crossing, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, and Xenoblade)

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (not a clone)
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ice Climbers

Diddy Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wolf
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Lucario
Ike
Pit
Wario
Olimar
Snake
Sonic

Bowser Jnr
Greninja
Lucina
Palutena
Villager
WFT
Shulk
Duck Hunt Duo
Pac-Man
Ryu
All the Miis

Micaiah
Nowi
Spyro
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Karate Joe
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario
Daisy

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (not a clone)
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ice Climbers

Diddy Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wolf
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Lucario
Ike
Pit
Wario
Olimar
Snake
Sonic

Bowser Jnr
Greninja
Lucina
Palutena
Villager
WFT
Shulk
Duck Hunt Duo
Pac-Man
Ryu
All the Miis

Micaiah
Nowi
Spyro
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Karate Joe
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario
Wow! You're one of the few people in this thread that puts Micaiah in your roster. (:brofist:)

Oh, and Nowi is probably one of the weirdest decisions in the thread too xDU

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (not a clone)
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ice Climbers

Diddy Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wolf
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Lucario
Ike
Pit
Wario
Olimar
Snake
Sonic

Bowser Jnr
Greninja
Lucina
Palutena
Villager
WFT
Shulk
Duck Hunt Duo
Pac-Man
Ryu
All the Miis

Micaiah
Nowi
Spyro
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Karate Joe
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario
Two questions:
1) was Robin removed because Nowi or Micaiah would play similarly to him? I know enough about FE to recognize those two names as belonging to Fire Emblem characters, but I don't know much about them beyond that.

2) why did you remove Little Mac, Rosalina, R.O.B., and Mega Man?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (not a clone)
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ice Climbers

Diddy Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wolf
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Lucario
Ike
Pit
Wario
Olimar
Snake
Sonic

Bowser Jnr
Greninja
Lucina
Palutena
Villager
WFT
Shulk
Duck Hunt Duo
Pac-Man
Ryu
All the Miis

Micaiah
Nowi
Spyro
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Karate Joe
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario
Did I just see Crash Bandicoot?

You, Smasher, deserve my respect for the best character ever

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Two questions:
1) was Robin removed because Nowi or Micaiah would play similarly to him? I know enough about FE to recognize those two names as belonging to Fire Emblem characters, but I don't know much about them beyond that.

Micaiah and Nowi would be far from suitable as Robin replacements. Nowi turns into a Dragon whilst Micaiah is a Mage. Neither use swords at all.

I'm thinking some characters were forgotten about.

Last edited:

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah and Nowi would be far from suitable as Robin replacements. Nowi turns into a Dragon whilst Micaiah is a Mage. Neither use swords at all.

I'm thinking some characters were forgotten about.
Nah (does anyone get the pun there?) I don't think so. But I think I might have overloaded the third party characters :p.

Two questions:

1. No but the two of them have uniqueness like Robin and they aren't the typical swordsman/woman everyone moans about. Robin was always a very non character for me because he is a customizable avatar.

2. Little Mac's series is a bit bland and dull IMO, Rosalina is one of the most annoying overused characters not in the game but she's plastered over bloody everything, I think Ice Climbers were dropped because they needed a stupid waifu character. Look at MK8 as well. How does she warrant two characters when so many good ones were dropped. I just edited it so Daisy replaces her. R.O.B is an NES accessory not a real character, many more characters more deserving of that place. Mega Man was removed because I was too heavy on third party characters and he was the one I disliked the most.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. No but the two of them have uniqueness like Robin and they aren't the typical swordsman/woman everyone moans about. Robin was always a very non character for me because he is a customizable avatar.

2. Little Mac's series is a bit bland and dull IMO, Rosalina is one of the most annoying overused characters not in the game but she's plastered over bloody everything, I think Ice Climbers were dropped because they needed a stupid waifu character. Look at MK8 as well. How does she warrant two characters when so many good ones were dropped. I just edited it so Daisy replaces her. R.O.B is an NES accessory not a real character, many more characters more deserving of that place. Mega Man was removed because I was too heavy on third party characters and he was the one I disliked the most.
Okay. I get ROB and (sort of) Rosalina (though the removal of the Ice Climbers had nothing to do with her being added), but it seems strange to remove Robin (probably the most unique FE character in the current roster) and yet keep Marth, Roy, and Lucina, all of whom are nearly identical in terms of gameplay.

Little Mac's removal seems kind of spiteful, especially since removing an entire series is rather extreme (the only time it's been done in the games is for technical or (presumably) legal issues), and there are plenty of ways to cut down on third party characters in that roster without cutting Mega Man, who's one of the best-received choices. (picking one or the other for Crash and Spyro, for example)

Troykv

Smash Master
Nah (does anyone get the pun there?) I don't think so. But I think I might have overloaded the third party characters :p.

That are... interesting reasons to cut characters...

But I don't have complains because you put Micaiah xDU

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well, here's how I SHOULD have started this thread.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Dr. Mario
6. Rosalina & Luma
7. Bowser Jr.
8. Petey Piranha
9. King Boo
10. Daisy
11. Toad
12. Waluigi
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. King K. Rool
16. Link
17. Zelda
18. Sheik
19. Ganondorf
20. Young Link
21. Midna
22. Ghirahim
23. Samus
24. Zero Suit Samus
25. Ridley
26. Yoshi
27. Kamek
28. Baby Bros.
29. Kirby
30. King Dedede
31. Meta Knight
32. Prince Fluff
33. Fox
34. Falco
35. Wolf
36. Pikachu
37. Jigglypuff
38. Pichu
39. Mewtwo
40. Charizard
41. Ivysaur
42. Squirtle
43. Lucario
44. Greninja
45. Meloetta
46. Victini
47. Captain Falcon
48. Ness
49. Lucas
50. Travis
51. Ice Climbers
52. Marth
53. Ike
54. Roy
55. Robin
56. Lucina
57. Mr. Game & Watch
58. Wario
59. Ashley
60. Pit
61. Palutena
62. Dark Pit
63. Olimar
64. R.O.B.
65. Villager
66. Wii Fit Trainer
67. Little Mac
68. Shulk
69. Duck Hunt
70. Sami
71. Color TV-Game 15
72. Sheriff
73. Sonic
74. Mega Man
75. PAC-MAN
76. Black Mage
77. Isabelle
78. Mii Fighters

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Well, here's how I SHOULD have started this thread.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Dr. Mario
6. Rosalina & Luma
7. Bowser Jr.
8. Petey Piranha
9. King Boo
10. Daisy
11. Toad
12. Waluigi
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. King K. Rool
16. Link
17. Zelda
18. Sheik
19. Ganondorf
20. Young Link
21. Midna
22. Ghirahim
23. Samus
24. Zero Suit Samus
25. Ridley
26. Yoshi
27. Kamek
28. Baby Bros.
29. Kirby
30. King Dedede
31. Meta Knight
32. Prince Fluff
33. Fox
34. Falco
35. Wolf
36. Pikachu
37. Jigglypuff
38. Pichu
39. Mewtwo
40. Charizard
41. Ivysaur
42. Squirtle
43. Lucario
44. Greninja
45. Meloetta
46. Victini
47. Captain Falcon
48. Ness
49. Lucas
50. Travis
51. Ice Climbers
52. Marth
53. Ike
54. Roy
55. Robin
56. Lucina
57. Mr. Game & Watch
58. Wario
59. Ashley
60. Pit
61. Palutena
62. Dark Pit
63. Olimar
64. R.O.B.
65. Villager
66. Wii Fit Trainer
67. Little Mac
68. Shulk
69. Duck Hunt
70. Sami
71. Color TV-Game 15
72. Sheriff
73. Sonic
74. Mega Man
75. PAC-MAN
76. Black Mage
77. Isabelle
78. Mii Fighters

Nah, ur wrong. Don't worry boi, gottcha covered.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Kay. It's a joke...

Honestly, I'd like to see a revamped Lucas and a Kumatora with Lucas' current moveset, but that's just cause I like her better, and Lucas stole her moves.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Kay. It's a joke...

Honestly, I'd like to see a revamped Lucas and a Kumatora with Lucas' current moveset, but that's just cause I like her better, and Lucas stole her moves.
To me, Travis from Mother 4 would probably be a good pick - you know how Nintendo LOVES representing their newest games. Why do you think we got Yoshi's Wooly World as a stage a year before the game was released?

So how would Lucas be revamped? I never played Mother 3.

2. Little Mac's series is a bit bland and dull IMO don't diss Punch-Out!!, it's a good game., Rosalina is one of the most annoying overused characters not in the game but she's plastered over bloody everything which is the exact reason she will return in all Smash games, I think Ice Climbers were dropped because they needed a stupid waifu character no, it was because of the limitations on the 3DS cartridge (I will never forgive the 3DS version for that). Look at MK8 as well am I the only one who actually LIKES Mario Kart 8's roster?. How does she warrant two characters when so many good ones were dropped to be honest, most of them weren't that good in the first place. I just edited it so Daisy replaces her I'd prefer both. R.O.B is an NES accessory not a real character, many more characters more deserving of that place. Mega Man was removed because I was too heavy on third party characters and he was the one I disliked the most. I can understand that, but take out PAC-MAN instead, since Mega Man is one of the most well-received characters in that game, whereas PAC-MAN was just icing on the cake.
R.O.B is an NES accessory not a real character, many more characters more deserving of that place.
This was so serious I had to make it its own section.

A. R.O.B. was an important part of Nintendo's history. He actually saved the video game crash, and, as I found out, was the entire reason why kids wanted an NES during that time.

B. Nintendo loves putting R.O.B. as an easter egg in their games. Just look at Pikmin 2, Mario Kart DS, and WarioWare - R.O.B. appears in all of those. To have him as a playable character in Smash only makes sense and continues that trend.

C. R.O.B. was one of the most well-received characters in Brawl, and is still one to this day. Do you have any idea how many gamers were reminded of their childhood?

Long story short, removing R.O.B. is a stupid idea and will NEVER happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
To me, Travis from Mother 4 would probably be a good pick - you know how Nintendo LOVES representing their newest games. Why do you think we got Yoshi's Wooly World as a stage a year before the game was released?
Aren't Travis and Mother 4 fanmade? Even though Itoi is fond of them, I still don't see a reason why they should add them.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Aren't Travis and Mother 4 fanmade? Even though Itoi is fond of them, I still don't see a reason why they should add them.
Correct. Mother 4 is a completely fanmade game, so any ACTUAL Nintendo support is very unlikely. Still awesome though, and ArtsyOmni still made a Travis Smashified.

Lucas would have Offense Up, like in PM. Actually, a cool mechanic would be if he could power up his PSI moves with charge, advancing through different levels, and becoming stronger. However, you would lose charge if you get hit too often, or you die. I'd have to think about special moves, but he can keep PSI Magnet, and PK Freeze would be replaced by a revamped PK Flash, that would store charge and release an AOE attack.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
View attachment 80356

*Where are the Kirby characters?
*Sceptile
*Tyrantrum
*No Bowser Jr.
*No Miis

It's fine otherwise.

:094:

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
View attachment 80356

- First off, there's no Kirby, Meta Knight, or King Dedede. I don't see how you could forget them (unless you intended not to put them in - in that case shame on you)
- Sceptile's a decent choice, but Zoroark is a better candidate than Tyrantrum.
- Where's Bowser Jr. and Mii Fighters?
- There's no Ness here. Seriously, what were you thinking?
- The alternative costumes for Ridley and PAC-MAN are the same thing. Wario's overalls costume doesn't count, either.
- You do know that Palutena and Virdi are completely different, right? Same with Robin and Anna.
- Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit are not separate characters.
- I only see three new-franchise characters - Inklings, Takamaru, and Rayman. Where's Sukapon, Andy, Urban Champion, and Sheriff?
- On top of that, there are only ten newcomers overall. I mean... really? That's all you got?
- Even worse, the roster adds up to 48 characters total, less than SSB4. FAIL.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Quick update for my roster. Due to Cloud Strife recently entering Smash, Bartz is off my roster. I still want Bartz, but we got Cloud Strife instead. Cloud is part of the returning cast. Everything else about my roster stays the same.

Edit: Cloud Strife gets two home special costumes and a crossover. Cloud gets Advent Children attire and Squall's default FF8 attire as home outfits. His crossover will be Fire Emblem Fates' own Xander outfit in the Paladin class.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Now that Cloud has entered the fray, there's only one character left to add...

Crash Bandicoot

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Updating my roster slightly; I originally had Terra from Final Fantasy 6 in there, but while I figure she would work well as a demonstration of Final Fantasy's magic system, Cloud covers pretty much every other reason why I'd want a Final Fantasy character in the game, so I replaced her with him.

Also, I added Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X (using KOS-MOS as a placeholder, since I couldn't find an icon for Elma or a generic Xenoblade one). While I've been intentionally avoiding as much information about the game as possible (I already know that I want to get it, and I'd like to avoid spoilers), it seems from what little I've read that she's more like the main character than Cross (who, by my admittedly limited understanding, is more like a blank slate).

I'd kind of like to see Grovyle in (gen. 3 got skipped over in Smash, more or less, and Grovyle would also represent the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon spin-offs, where I believe it plays a large role), but it's basically a placeholder for a popular Pokemon from a future generation, since those seem guaranteed to show up in every Smash game.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in an earlier post, but ideally, Ganondorf would be given unique B moves (his normals are okay the way they are, but different B moves would go a long way to making him feel like Ganondorf), and Lucina and Dark Pit would be decloned, even if that just means making them semi-clones instead of full ones.

Last edited:
Small Update: Added Cloud to both rosters.

Considered dropping some characters from the roster and moving them to DLC section, but 66 isn't a big increase from Smash 4 (which has 56 characters at the moment).

Realistic (66)

Bias (70)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters), second Xenoblade character (next to Shulk), Rhythm Heaven character (between Inkling and Miis), new third-party and Random button (both at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Veterans.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4wario::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mewtwo::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4marth::4myfriends::4pit::4palutena::4samus::4zss::4ness::4lucas::4fox::4falco::4villager::4falcon::4duckhunt::4shulk::4wiremac::4gaw::4wiifit::4olimar::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman:

Returning.
:wolf:

Cuts.
:rosalina::4greninja::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob:

Nintendo Newcomers.
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
  • King K. Rool, or Dixie Kong (DK)
  • Impa, Midna and Wolf Link, or Tetra (LoZ)
  • *Insert new gen. Pokemon rep* (Pokemon)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  • Tiki (Fire Emblem)
  • Azura (Fire Emblem)
  • Paula (Earthbound)
  • Krystal (Star Fox)
  • Inklings (Splatoon)
  • Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  • Issac (Golden Sun)
Third parties.
  • Rayman (Rayman)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Komabt)

Status