• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Before I describe my dream roster for Smash bros, let me explain my general philosophy for roster representation of various series in a cross over game. Truth is I believe a roster only really needs 3-4 characters to be properly represented.
1. The Hero (Self explanatory ex Mario, Link, Fox)
2. The Partner (Again self explanatory ex Luigi, Zelda, Falco)
3. The Villain (Could also be a rival but generally antagonistic ex Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf)
4. The Minority (Usually a female if there hasn't been one yet but can also represent a character that almost doesnt fit in with the rest of the main three such as style ex Peach, Toon Link)

RETURNING SERIES

Mario
- All characters from Smash 4 return more or less how they appeared.
- Dr. Mario gets a new final smash where he drops pills from the sky similar to the original Dr. Mario game.
- Daisy is added to represent the Mario sports games and bases her move set on it.

Yoshi
- Yoshi returns

Wario
- Wario returns
- Waluigi is added whose moveset revolves around the strangeness of his character (long limbs, waterbending, etc)

DK
- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong return.
- King K.Rool joins as the rival
- Dixie Kong joins as the minority

Zelda
- Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Toon Link return as they were in Smash 4. Sheik is still separate from Zelda.
- Ganondorf is retooled thanks to his trident. He still has his punish based playstyle from Brawl/Smash 4 and even still retains a good majority of his moves. The trident gives him some much needed range. The idea is to combine the familiarity of falcondorf with his canonical roots.
- Impa is added as a newcomer preferably in her Skyward Sword incarnation or in a similar design.

Metroid
- Samus and Zero Suit Samus return and remain separate characters.
- Ridley added as the villain rep
- Anthony Higgs is added as the minority as a regular human. He would also be the first legit "black guy" in Smash.

Kid Icarus
- Pit reverts back to his Brawl roots and represents classic Kid Icarus.
- Palutena returns
- Dark Pit now keeps his and Pit's new specials, trades his bow for his staff and represents new Kid Icarus.
- Hades added as the villain of the series

Kirby
- Kirby, Metaknight, and Dedede return.
- Prince Fluff added as the minority being made of yarn and also represents Good-feel's yarn games.

Star Fox
- Fox and Falco return.
- Wolf returns with a new final smash where he calls in an airstrike from Star Wolf.
- Krystal added as the minority using her staff and more tribal origins in contrast to the futuristic style of the rest of the Lylat warriors.

F-Zero
- Captain Falcon returns. Blood Falcon added as an alt costume.
- Black Shadow added as the villain and uses a move set of Power, Speed, and bull style charges.

Pokemon
- Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Charizard return representing Gen 1.
- Gen 2 rep
- Gen 3 rep
- Lucario returns representing Gen 4
- Serperior added as my personal pick for a grass starter and the representative for Gen 5
- Greninja returns representing Gen 6
- A new Pokemon for the inevitable Gen 7

Pikmin
- Olimar returns
- Britanny added using new pikmin breed such as rock pikmin.

Duck Hunt
- Duck Hunt returns

Fire Emblem
- Marth, Ike, and Roy returns.
- Lucina is reworked to have her specials and animations reflect her and Chrom's animations from Awakening but still retain her play style of consistency. Her new final smash would essentially be Aether where she steals health than obliterates defenses. Chrom would be an alt.
- Robin's new final smash is Grima making the first villain for Fire Emblem.
- Anna is added utilizing a armory of weapons, and staves in a grab bag using a very luck based move set fitting for the RNG goddess.
- A rep from the newest Fire Emblem, which as of today is Fates and I choose Azura because spear, dancing, and waterbending.

Earthbound
- Ness and Lucas return
- Porky added as the villain.

Punch Out
- Lil Mac returns.

Ice Climber
- Ice Climbers return, AS A DUO.

Animal Crossing
- Villager returns.

Wii Fit
- Wii Fit Trainer returns.

Xenoblade
- Shulk returns.
- Elma or Cross added as a rep for Xenoblade X
- Mechon Fiora added as the minority rep being a cyborg among a normally human cast.

Game & Watch
- Mr. Game & Watch returns.

R.O.B
- ROB returns.

Mii
- Brawler, Swordmaster, Gunner returns.
- Sportsmaster added as a new class.

NEW FRANCHISES

Wonderful 101
- Wonder Red is added using his own abilities and the abilities of the other wonderful ones.
- The other Wonderful ones and Prince Vorken are alternate costumes

Custom Robo
- Ray is added.

Chibi Robo
- Chibi Robo is added

Golden Sun
- Isaac is added.
- Since she is a minor playable character in the first game and becomes a major one in the Lost Age, Jenna is added.

Splatoon
- Inklings are added

Codename S.T.E.A.M.
- Henry Fleming added.

Rhythm Heaven
- A singular character that utilizes all the moves in the series akin to Mr. G&W.

Elite Beat Agents
- Lance is added as the humorous off beat character akin to the Wii Fit Trainer.

Wars
- Andy is added

Kung Fu
- Thomas is added as a retro rep

3rd Parties
- Snake is back.
- Sonic is back.
- Megaman and Ryu are back.
- Pacman is back.
- Shantae is added representing Western and/or Indie games
- Ryu Hayabusa is added.

Will work on an actual image soon.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
upload_2015-9-6_9-32-42.png

Now in my fantasy Sm5sh, I've thought up something different from the other 4 games:

Now, the characters will no longer share a victory theme with another. Instead, each and every one of them (except for the Mii fighters) will have their own unique victory theme.

Mr. Game & Watch: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Mario: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Luigi: Excerpt from Luigi's Mansion theme
Peach: Excerpt from Princess Peach's theme
Bowser: Same VT from Sm4sh
Rosalina & Luma: Same VT from Sm4sh
Bowser Jr.: Excerpt from SMW Fortress Boss theme
Donkey Kong: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Diddy Kong: Diddy's Boom Box Theme
King K. Rool: Bonus Level Miss Theme
Dixie Kong: Dixie's Guitar Theme
Little Mac: Same VT from Sm4sh
Super Macho Man: New Surf Rock rendition of Punch Out!! Losing Theme
Duck Hunt: Same VT from Sm4sh
Ice Climbers: Same VT from Brawl
R.O.B.: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Link: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Zelda: Excerpt from Zelda's Lullaby
Sheik: Excerpt from Sheik's Theme
Ganondorf: Excerpt from Ganondorf's theme
Toon Link: Excerpt from Great Sea theme
Samus: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Zero Suit Samus: Samus' Appearance Theme
Ness: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Marth: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Roy: Excerpt from Together, We Ride
Corrin: Excerpt from Fire Emblem Fate theme
Dr. Mario: Excerpt from Dr. Mario's Congratulations theme
Yoshi: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Captain Falcon: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Kirby: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Meta Knight: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
King Dedede: Excerpt from King Dedede's theme
Bandana Dee: Excerpt from Gourmet Race theme
Wario: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
9-Volt: WarioWare Stage Finish
Fox: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Falco: Excerpt from SNES Star Fox theme
Wolf: Excerpt from Star Wolf theme
Pikachu: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Jigglypuff: Excerpt from Jigglypuff's Lullaby
Mewtwo: Excerpt from Wild Kanto Pokémon Theme
Charizard: Excerpt from Pokémon Theme's Intro music
Lucario: Excerpt from Wild Sinnoh Pokémon Theme
7th Gen PKMN: Excerpt from a theme from 7th Gen PKMN Game
Celebi: Excerpt from Kalos Champion's Theme
Villager: Same VT from Sm4sh
Isaac: Golden Sun Victory Theme
Olimar: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Rhythm Heaven: Ending To Remix 10 From Rhythm Heaven Fever
Wii Fit Trainer: Same VT from Sm4sh
Shulk: Same VT from Sm4sh
Elma: Excerpt from The Key We've Lost
Inkling: Splatoon Stage Clear theme
Pac-Man: Same VT from Sm4sh
Snake: Same VT from Brawl
Ryu: Same VT from Sm4sh
Mega Man: Same VT from Sm4sh
Sonic: Same VT from Brawl/Sm4sh
Rayman: Rayman Stage Clear Theme
Mii Fighters: Same VT from Sm4sh

All the veterans, though, will keep the same series symbols as before...
except for Dr. Mario, whose symbol is changed to one that looks like this:
upload_2015-9-10_9-42-33.png

Last edited:
Unless there is a new Pokémon or Fire Emblem character that is just too good to pass up, I don't think either series should get a new character in the base game. They've enjoyed a very good haul of characters over the last several games, and it wouldn't hurt to rest. Probably the same for Mario.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Well, I couldn't find my old roster, so I'll just start over from scratch.
MyRoster.png

Blue= Starter Characters
Red= Unlockable Characters
Green= Alt. Costume Characters.

Also, Zubat is the joke character, Keeby is a WTF character and Worm is a personal choice.
If I had a larger number of slots available, I would've added more new-comers like Captain Toad, Issac, and Mike Jones.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Of course this thread is unrealistic. It's "If you were in charge of picking the next roster for Smash", not "What do you think Smash 5's roster is going to look like?". It's asking what people want on THEIR roster, not what's likely or anything else. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept to grasp.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of course this thread is unrealistic. It's "If you were in charge of picking the next roster for Smash", not "What do you think Smash 5's roster is going to look like?". It's asking what people want on THEIR roster, not what's likely or anything else. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept to grasp.
Real talk! :smirk:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Explanations for cut Fighters:
Dr. Mario:
Literally just Mario in a Doctor's coat. Make him an alternate costume and give his Pills to Mario as a Neutral-Special custom. No real direct replacement here for him. At least he's a palette swap.
Dark Pit:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA... He's a palette swap now. His Neutral-Special and Side-Special are customs for Pit now. You're welcome.
Roy:
He's a lot more tolerable in Smash 4, and if I there had to be another Fire Emblem rep, it'd either be him or Chrom. However, Fire Emblem doesn't deserve any more than three reps. Four was stretching it, and five is just atrocious. Nothing against Roy as a character, it's just that the three slots for Fire Emblem were filled.
Lucina:
Another palette swap. That's literally it.
Ryu:
Literally cancer in Smash. His special inputs, multiple Final Smashes, and heavy/light attacks are the worst thing that has ever happened to Smash, and if every character gets them next game, I will not be buying it. Plus, Capcom only deserves one representative. All 3rd Parties only deserve one representative.

Explanations for Newcomers:
Captain Toad:
I felt that we needed another "Mario Spin-Off" representative to fit in with Yoshi and Wario, hence why they're the last three between the actual Super Mario representatives and the Donkey Kong representatives. The only problem I can see is Captain Toad's inability to jump. Maybe he'll just jump extremely low or use some gadget for it. He'll probably end up dethroning Little Mac's title as the character with the worst recovery. Captain Toadette is also a palette swap.
Dixie Kong:
In Smash 4, Kid Icarus has three representatives, and Fire Emblem has an even more undeserving five. Why the hell does the Donkey Kong series have only four? I'm not even a big fan of the series. I do, however, have respect for the series. That's why in this game, we're bringing the DK series some love. Dixie Kong's gameplay compared to Diddy Kong is like Wolf and Fox. Similar in some aspects, but otherwise completely unique.
King K. Rool:
As stated in Dixie Kong's explanation, the DK series needs some love. Smash Brothers also needs more heavyweights, as well as villains. King K. Rool fits all of these things perfectly. I don't support him as DLC for Smash 4, but I think he'd be alright to make it in one day.
Midna:
Twilight Princess is my favorite Legend of Zelda game of all time, and Midna is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda characters. She's play kinda like how she does in Hyrule Warriors, only she is constantly riding on the back of a Wolf, rather than sending him away then summoning him again. Moveset can fluctuate depending if it's Midna and Wolf Link or Midna and a Twili Wolf. I just put Midna's name alone because "Midna & Wolf Link" doesn't fit. "Rosalina & Luma" and "Captain Falcon" barely fit as is.
Ridley:
Scaled down, but is the biggest character in the game. Also scales up other characters in return like Donkey Kong, Bowser, etc. His Fans have been begging for him since Melee, and I think it's about time he returns. He's he most wanted newcomer by far, and Metroid needs another rep that isn't Samus. Although Dark Samus would be pretty cool...
Bandana Dee:
Well, with King Dedede's Side-Special tossing out only Gordo's, there would be no confusion for him. He'd bring a fighting style not seen in Smash, too, being a spear-fighter. That, and I really, really want to see him spin his spear like a helicopter for an Up-Special. The hilarity would be endless.
Krystal:
A highly requested newcomer since Brawl, and she was even directly talked about with Sakurai. Like, Bandana Dee, she'd bring a fighting style never seen before, being a staff wielder. Her specials are easily covered, and her attacks do not at all require much creativity. She'd be so easy to implement, and hopefully Sakurai will see this.
Sceptile:
My favorite Pokemon, he's relevant again due to ORAS, has a Mega Evolution, and he conveniently fits the Starter Trio. Greninja was the spiritual processor to Squirtle, only was vastly superior. Sceptile would be the same thing, only with Ivysaur. Sceptile would fit so easily in Smash, too.
Chibi-Robo:
Cute little guy with big potential. Mid-range fighter due to his plug and chord, and would be very small. I can see him being made a little taller or equal to Pikachu in size. I'd also like to see a lot of his moves end in a stun-lock, kinda like Zero Suit Samus's taser.
Chorus Kids:
Imagine Olimar, but with no Pikmin. These little guys would attack in a sequence that matters strictly on timing. His combos would be based on the rhythm every connecting hit makes. You mess up a combo, you'll be able to tell because it's like hitting the wrong key in a guitar solo. Has potential to really bring something new to the game, without bringing something cancerous like Ryu's multiple inputs.
Inklings:
Inklings would be crazy to play as! Spreading ink on the battlefield that speeds your movements, but slows down your enemies. Ink disappears when you get KO'd and you can only lay down a certain amount to help provide balance though. Dashing in Ink could turn you into a squid, but with a visible trail to help keep track of yourself. They have so much potential.
Ray:
Ray MK III was an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, and he was pretty cool. The little guy flew around the stage shooting missiles, and it looked like fun. I'd say just scale him up to around Fox's or Link's height, and make him fly. His Up-Special could allow him to fly around freely like Yoshi's Final Smash, and he can attack multiple times while it's active. He does however have a tank like R.O.B., and when he runs out, he falls. Hard. As for alts, they could be either mother models of Ray, or other Custom Robos. Kinda like Villager or Bowser JR.
Isaac:
Another Assist Trophy from Brawl, Isaac would make for a pretty cool character because of his Psyenergy attacks. He'd be like Robin, only with more up-close prowess. Isaac also has a large about of supporters backing him, which is definitely well-earned.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Explanations for cut Fighters:
Dr. Mario:
Literally just Mario in a Doctor's coat. Make him an alternate costume and give his Pills to Mario as a Neutral-Special custom. No real direct replacement here for him. At least he's a palette swap.
Toon Link:
Personally, I've never really liked Toon Link, even since Brawl. Just kind of a "Why?" sort of character to me. In the end, he's been replaced with Midna.
Lucario:
A truly heartbreaking choice to cut him, but I just really like Sceptile. Originally, I had Mewtwo dropped for Zoroark too, but I took it back last minute. Lucario's relevance, I feel, has gone down overtime, so I thought it was time for him to leave the spotlight. A shame really, but Sceptile makes for a very viable replacement.
Dark Pit:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA... He's a palette swap now. His Neutral-Special and Side-Special are customs for Pit now. You're welcome.
Roy:
He's a lot more tolerable in Smash 4, and if I there had to be another Fire Emblem rep, it'd either be him or Chrom. However, Fire Emblem doesn't deserve any more than three reps. Four was stretching it, and five is just atrocious. Nothing against Roy as a character, it's just that the three slots for Fire Emblem were filled.
Lucina:
Another palette swap. That's literally it.
Ryu:
Literally cancer in Smash. His special inputs, multiple Final Smashes, and heavy/light attacks are the worst thing that has ever happened to Smash, and if every character gets them next game, I will not be buying it. Plus, Capcom only deserves one representative. All 3rd Parties only deserve one representative.

Explanations for Newcomers:
Captain Toad:
I felt that we needed another "Mario Spin-Off" representative to fit in with Yoshi and Wario, hence why they're the last three between the actual Super Mario representatives and the Donkey Kong representatives. The only problem I can see is Captain Toad's inability to jump. Maybe he'll just jump extremely low or use some gadget for it. He'll probably end up dethroning Little Mac's title as the character with the worst recovery. Captain Toadette is also a palette swap.
Dixie Kong:
In Smash 4, Kid Icarus has three representatives, and Fire Emblem has an even more undeserving five. Why the hell does the Donkey Kong series have only four? I'm not even a big fan of the series. I do, however, have respect for the series. That's why in this game, we're bringing the DK series some love. Dixie Kong's gameplay compared to Diddy Kong is like Wolf and Fox. Similar in some aspects, but otherwise completely unique.
King K. Rool:
As stated in Dixie Kong's explanation, the DK series needs some love. Smash Brothers also needs more heavyweights, as well as villains. King K. Rool fits all of these things perfectly. I don't support him as DLC for Smash 4, but I think he'd be alright to make it in one day.
Midna:
Twilight Princess is my favorite Legend of Zelda game of all time, and Midna is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda characters. She's play kinda like how she does in Hyrule Warriors, only she is constantly riding on the back of a Wolf, rather than sending him away then summoning him again. Moveset can fluctuate depending if it's Midna and Wolf Link or Midna and a Twili Wolf. I just put Midna's name alone because "Midna & Wolf Link" doesn't fit. "Rosalina & Luma" and "Captain Falcon" barely fit as is.
Impa:
More Legend of Zelda love! Impa would be, once again, like Wolf and Fox when compared to Sheik. Similar, but not even considered a Semi-Clone. After all, Wolf has claws and Impa has a giant *** sword. Plus, I feel six LoZ representatives really helps put the series on par with the rest of the Top 3 franchises, being Pokemon and Super Mario.
Ridley:
Scaled down, but is the biggest character in the game. Also scales up other characters in return like Donkey Kong, Bowser, etc. His Fans have been begging for him since Melee, and I think it's about time he returns. He's he most wanted newcomer by far, and Metroid needs another rep that isn't Samus. Although Dark Samus would be pretty cool...
Bandana Dee:
Well, with King Dedede's Side-Special tossing out only Gordo's, there would be no confusion for him. He'd bring a fighting style not seen in Smash, too, being a spear-fighter. That, and I really, really want to see him spin his spear like a helicopter for an Up-Special. The hilarity would be endless.
Krystal:
A highly requested newcomer since Brawl, and she was even directly talked about with Sakurai. Like, Bandana Dee, she'd bring a fighting style never seen before, being a staff wielder. Her specials are easily covered, and her attacks do not at all require much creativity. She'd be so easy to implement, and hopefully Sakurai will see this.
Sceptile:
My favorite Pokemon, he's relevant again due to ORAS, has a Mega Evolution, and he conveniently fits the Starter Trio. Greninja was the spiritual processor to Squirtle, only was vastly superior. Sceptile would be the same thing, only with Ivysaur. Sceptile would fit so easily in Smash, too.
Takamaru:
Okay, I'll admit it, I really just needed someone so fit the spot, and I just couldn't envision Mach Rider very well without him being off his bike and being a Captain Falcon clone. Takamaru would be a very off-the-wall throwback character with projectiles and devastating up-close combat.
Chibi-Robo:
Cute little guy with big potential. Mid-range fighter due to his plug and chord, and would be very small. I can see him being made a little taller or equal to Pikachu in size. I'd also like to see a lot of his moves end in a stun-lock, kinda like Zero Suit Samus's taser.
Chorus Kids:
Imagine Olimar, but with no Pikmin. These little guys would attack in a sequence that matters strictly on timing. His combos would be based on the rhythm every connecting hit makes. You mess up a combo, you'll be able to tell because it's like hitting the wrong key in a guitar solo. Has potential to really bring something new to the game, without bringing something cancerous like Ryu's multiple inputs.
Inklings:
Inklings would be crazy to play as! Spreading ink on the battlefield that speeds your movements, but slows down your enemies. Ink disappears when you get KO'd and you can only lay down a certain amount to help provide balance though. Dashing in Ink could turn you into a squid, but with a visible trail to help keep track of yourself. They have so much potential.
Ray:
Ray MK III was an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, and he was pretty cool. The little guy flew around the stage shooting missiles, and it looked like fun. I'd say just scale him up to around Fox's or Link's height, and make him fly. His Up-Special could allow him to fly around freely like Yoshi's Final Smash, and he can attack multiple times while it's active. He does however have a tank like R.O.B., and when he runs out, he falls. Hard. As for alts, they could be either mother models of Ray, or other Custom Robos. Kinda like Villager or Bowser JR.
Isaac:
Another Assist Trophy from Brawl, Isaac would make for a pretty cool character because of his Psyenergy attacks. He'd be like Robin, only with more up-close prowess. Isaac also has a large about of supporters backing him, which is definitely well-earned.
You know it says no more than 5 cuts. Also, cutting Lucario or Toon Link at this point just doesn't make sense

Also you forgot to end your spoiler so I had to add one

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

(Outside of mine) this is my favorite so far. You're going to get a lot of s*** for the Lucario cut, I did, just ignore it.

Also no one really follows the rules anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I'd totally buy that game.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
@ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee I edited my post in compensation for accidentally breaking the rules. Toon Link and Lucario return with Takamaru and Impa losing their slots.

@ FunAtParties FunAtParties Haha, I appreciate it! I did edit it though so that is fixes my rule-breaking. I made that damn roster from scratch too, haha.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
@ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee I edited my post in compensation for accidentally breaking the rules. Toon Link and Lucario return with Takamaru and Impa losing their slots.

@ FunAtParties FunAtParties Haha, I appreciate it! I did edit it though so that is fixes my rule-breaking. I made that damn roster from scratch too, haha.
I like it a little bit less, but it's still good with me haha. Personally, I'd keep Lucina or Roy over Toon Link, but I respect your reasons.

Okay, after this talk about "cutting only three clones is unrealistic" I decided to list seven characters on my roster which are low priority (only for realistic roster).

Realistic (65)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters), Rhythm Heaven character (between Inkling and Miis) and Random button (at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.
Low priority characters include: Sheik, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and the Mii Fighters. These would be the first ones to be cut if time runs out. All characters cut due to time constraints would return as DLC.

Reasonings:
Sheik: Impa's addition and having appeared in only one Zelda game (discounting HW).
Lucas: Japan-only character, Earthbound hasn't gotten a new game for a long time.
Roy: Marth's semi-clone, initially a Japan-only character.
Ryu: Second Capcom rep, Mega Man is prioritized over him due to being more popular and having more history with Nintendo.
Mii Fighters: Technically three different characters = take more development time, "normal" characters are prioritized over them.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay, after this talk about "cutting only three clones is unrealistic" I decided to list seven characters on my roster which are low priority (only for realistic roster).

Low priority characters include: Sheik, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and the Mii Fighters. These would be the first ones to be cut if time runs out. All characters cut due to time constraints would return as DLC.

Reasonings:
Sheik: Impa's addition and having appeared in only one Zelda game (discounting HW).
Lucas: Japan-only character, Earthbound hasn't gotten a new game for a long time.
Roy: Marth's semi-clone, initially a Japan-only character.
Ryu: Second Capcom rep, Mega Man is prioritized over him due to being more popular and having more history with Nintendo.
Mii Fighters: Technically three different characters = take more development time, "normal" characters are prioritized over them.
Replace Impa with Ganon and Rayman with Black Mage and I'm sold
One of the far better rosters that I've seen put together. Good work.

Replace Impa with Ganon and Rayman with Black Mage and I'm sold
One of the far better rosters that I've seen put together. Good work.
Thank you. I actually had Black Mage in my "bias" roster, which had a little more questionable choices. I would've included him in my "realistic" roster, but I don't see a Square-Enix rep happening (although this may change).

Bias (68)

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Ridley: Scaled down, but is the biggest character in the game. Also scales up other characters in return like Donkey Kong, Bowser, etc. His Fans have been begging for him since Melee, and I think it's about time he returns. He's he most wanted newcomer by far, and Metroid needs another rep that isn't Samus. Although Dark Samus would be pretty cool.
Ridley's size is not his problem (In my opinion). It's his lankiness. His body is composed of thin body parts, which would make him ridiculously easy to hit. His size is not helping matters.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The problem with Ridley is his wonky structure but I have seen more difficult characters to animate and play, it will need a lot of effort but still manageable.

.n_n.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I'm updating my roster. Gender swaps (for those who have them) still return with Pikachu gaining one. All characters get customs. I would give two special costumes, a home series and a crossover one, with some exceptions. I won't post the costumes here. Shiny Pokemon are palettes. Shiny palettes apply to Mega Forms as well. Criticism is welcome.

Returning Characters:
Everyone in Smash Wii U/3DS minus Miis & Ryu
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Character swaps: (Roster member listed first, then swap.)
Mario - Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr. - The Koopalings
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Olimar - Alph
Pit - Dark Pit

Newcomers:
King K. Rool (DK)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Takemaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
Inkling (Splatoon) [both male and female]
Azura/Aqua (Fire Emblem)
Any Ray Custom Robo (Custom Robo)
Xenoblade Chronicles X character
New gen Pokemon
Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy) [Creator Bias]

Mario: Gains Dr. Mario's down air and Dr. Mario's neutral special and down specials as customs.

Pit: Gains Pittoo's side special as a custom move. The power arrow custom is changed to Pittoo's arrow color. Pit gains new taunts; old down taunt is now up taunt, new down taunt is Pittoo's side taunt, new side taunt is Pittoo's up taunt.

Lucina: As a character swap for Marth, she inherits Marth's mechanics and her taunts are changed to Marth's.

Robin: Morgan takes Chrom's place in Robin's Final Smash. Morgan wields a brave sword and is the opposite gender of Robin. Functions remain the same.

Falco: He prefers the air and his new Final Smash agrees. The Arwing functions like the Landmaster except it doesn't move while grounded.

Wolf: His new Final Smash has his Wolfen fly-by hit target(s). Then, Wolf and Leon in their Wolfens shoot their lasers at the caught target(s).

Ganondorf: He is de-cloned. The only moves that remain are his foward air, down air, ground side tilt, and his old specials are customs. The slow and powerful playstyle remains. New moveset reflects his canon appearances in the Zelda franchise (this includes all timelines) and uses his trident, the sword from Twilight Princess, and the dual swords from Wind Waker. New specials: neutral special is a magic ball that moves faster each time it's deflected, side special is his cape that deflects projectiles and can tank [take no knockback] one hit (combos get around the mechanic), up special is his levitation which leaves him open as he fly upwards with the ability to move horizontally, and down special is a punch to the ground that creates dark colored shockwaves and air use fast falls him either to the ground or suicide and does not meteor when a foe is hit in the air and shockwaves hit on ground contact. His Final Smash is slowed down, but functions the same.

Sonic: Problem; two specials are spin dashes. Problem Solved: Old side special is a custom down special that focus on power. New side special is boosting . The instant shield from Sonic 3 serves as a new neutral air.

Cuts:
Miis - I like the intention behind the Miis that is bringing yourself in, but my dislike for the some side effects were greater. I feel the costumes would be great with the playable fighters that fit them, hence the special costumes.

Lucina - She'd fit better as a Marth swap. Robin is the Awakening character who I'd rather keep. Plus, Roy is a more unique clone.

Dark Pit - Although I could make him unique, he serves better as a Pit swap to suit his origins as a literal Pit clone.

Ryu - I made this cut to allow other companies to have the spotlight. This keeps Capcom from being overdone.

Dr. Mario - He's Mario as a medical professional. He is a special costume, not just a character swap.

Newcomers:
Hades - Funnier, brings more to Smash, and is not a Pit clone. Dark Pit is replaced. In all seriousness, he brings his own methods of attacks and wouldn't be out of line to shrink him. Plus, he could use other weapons from Uprising if his techniques aren't enough.

Azura/Aqua - Azura's best quality that's Smash worthy is she's mainly a water manipulating, lance wielding dancer who stands out more than just your average sword wielder from Fire Emblem.

Bartz Klauser - Outside of my bias, he has some Smash worthy merit. He brings a real star of classic Final Fantasy, the Job System. Black magic, white magic, time/space magic, enchanting weapons, swords, spears, axes, staves, magic rods, and much more. He is a walking armory. Top things off, he debuted on Nintendo's Super Famicom in Japan. He's a more logical choice than Lightning for a Square Enix guest in Nintendo. He would appear in an updated SNES Freelancer outift.

Others:
Chrom - I placed him as an Ike swap just for Viridi's comment towards him in Palutena's Guidence on Robin. Due to this, Morgan of the opposite gender of Robin replaces Chrom in Robin's Final Smash. Chrom is likable, but he doesn't bring anything new to Smash.

jranks

Smash Cadet
If I could any more characters, I would add.... King K Rool, Ridley, Wolf, Waluigi, Black Shadow. Basically Nintendo villains.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
upload_2015-9-9_19-33-45.png

Now I have the DLC fighters included.

Captain Toad (with Toadette alt)
Cranky Kong
Dark Pit
Ike
Krystal
Greninja
Shantae
Professor Layton

They'll be featured in All-Star Mode in an added 10th round called WILD CARDS.

If this roster is entirely complete with all default/unlockable/downloadable fighters, you'll get an added event match:
Super All-Star Mode 72
This All-Star Smash is even bigger, longer, and tougher than EVER!

You'll also unlock an All-Star Mode similar to Sm4sh, called "Super All-Star Mode".
1980-1985
Mr. Game & Watch/Pac-Man/Mario/Donkey Kong/Luigi/Little Mac/Super Macho Man/Duck Hunt/Ice Climbers

1985-1987
R.O.B./Peach/Bowser/Link/Zelda/Samus/Pit/Palutena/Snake

1987-1992
Ryu/Mega Man/Marth/Dr. Mario/Yoshi/Captain Falcon/Sonic/Kirby/King Dedede

1992-1995
Wario/Fox/Falco/Meta Knight/Ness/Diddy Kong/Cranky Kong/King K. Rool/Rayman

1995-1998
Dixie Kong/Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Mewtwo/Charizard/Bandana Dee/Wolf/Sheik/Ganondorf

1999-2002
Celebi/Villager/Isaac/Olimar/Roy/Shantae/Bowser Jr./Krystal/Toon Link

2003-2007
9-Volt/Zero Suit Samus/Ike/Rhythm Heaven/Lucario/Mii/Professor Layton/Rosalina & Luma/Captain Toad

2007-2017(?)
Wii Fit Trainer/Shulk/Dark Pit/Greninja/Elma/Inkling/Corrin/7th Gen Pokémon/Random

OR...

1980-1984
Mr. Game & Watch/Pac-Man/Mario/Donkey Kong/Luigi/Little Mac/Super Macho Man

1984-1986
Duck Hunt/Ice Climbers/R.O.B./Peach/Bowser/Link/Zelda

1986-1990
Samus/Pit/Palutena/Snake/Ryu/Mega Man/Marth

1990-1992
Dr. Mario/Yoshi/Captain Falcon/Sonic/Kirby/King Dedede/Wario

1993-1994
Fox/Falco/Meta Knight/Ness/Diddy Kong/King K. Rool/Cranky Kong

1995-1996
Rayman/Dixie Kong/Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Mewtwo/Charizard/Bandana Dee

1997-2001
Wolf/Sheik/Ganondorf/Celebi/Villager/Isaac/Olimar

2001-2004
Roy/Shantae/Bowser Jr./Krystal/Toon Link/9-Volt/Zero Suit Samus

2005-2007
Ike/Rhythm Heaven/Lucario/Professor Layton/Rosalina & Luma/Captain Toad

2010-2017(?)

Shulk/Dark Pit/Greninja/Elma/Inkling/Corrin/7th Gen Pokémon

The DLC fighters will have their unique victory themes:

Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Stage Clear Theme)
Cranky Kong (Excerpt From Cranky Kong's Theme)
Dark Pit (Same VT from Sm4sh)
Ike (Excerpt From Ike's Theme)
Krystal (Fanfare Theme From Star Fox Assault)
Greninja (Excerpt From Pokémon XY Trainer Battle Theme)
Shantae (Excerpt From Shantae's Main Theme)
Professor Layton (Excerpt From Professor Layton And The Curios Village's Title Theme)

I've also updated to show what fighter trophies you'd get.

In Classic Mode, you'll win a regular fighter trophy that looks just like their roster picture.
You can buy an Alt Palette at a store.
In regular All-Star Mode, you'll win a Final Smash trophy.
In Super All-Star Mode, there is a new retro type of trophy. You'll win a fighter trophy that is their original appearance during gameplay. (For example, Mario would be in his 8-bit Sprite form from Donkey Kong.)

All this I've talked about sounded like it could use a co-director. Two directors instead of Sakurai and Sakurai alone. In my fantasy, I'm thinking the co-director. He could be named something like Gaven Jun but I can't predict who the co-director would be if there's gonna be one. (Gaven) would be a bilingual and the Nick Yu to Sakurai's Inafune.

Still, what do you think up yet another update of my Sm5sh Roster?

upload_2015-9-9_19-41-36.png

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Personally, I have no idea why so many people want more Pokemon. Six is really all we need; not only is it ample showing, but it's also thematically appropriate (since you can only have six Pokemon on one team).

But if you want to turn this into Pokken Tournament; Featuring Super Smash Bros, than sure! :p

Burruni

Smash Hero
Personally, I have no idea why so many people want more Pokemon. Six is really all we need; not only is it ample showing, but it's also thematically appropriate (since you can only have six Pokemon on one team).

But if you want to turn this into Pokken Tournament; Featuring Super Smash Bros, than sure! :p
Because it's a series that keeps expanding out to give more characters, and more high-potential fighters.
It's as simple as that. Don't limit it to a number when it is Nintendo's second largest series with the single largest creature list.
Yes, you can only have 6 Pokemon on a team but you can capture far more and rotate them around into your team as you wish.

Y'know, since you had no idea why people would like it.

Well, not all of them actually want a new Pokemon, some probably put a new Pokemon in their roster because it's almost guaranteed that next Smash has one.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Because it's a series that keeps expanding out to give more characters, and more high-potential fighters.
It's as simple as that. Don't limit it to a number when it is Nintendo's second largest series with the single largest creature list.
Yes, you can only have 6 Pokemon on a team but you can capture far more and rotate them around into your team as you wish.

Y'know, since you had no idea why people would like it.
Yes, it's Nintendo's second-largest series...which is why it has six characters. That's well and appropriate for Smash, considering it's only two behind Mario, the largest Nintendo series, which has eight, as well as representing how one can only have six Pokemon active on a team. We have Pokken now to give us our beloved Pokemon in a fighting game, and it's undoubtable that the game is going to be a big hit; and that means sequels and more characters. Pokemon in Smash need to be big for the franchise or at the very least a Dark Horse for that generation;
  • Pikachu's the mascot of the series, so obviously he's a shoe-in.
  • Jigglypuff had a very popular role in the anime, and is a popular Pokemon as well.
  • Mewtwo was the first of the iconic legendary Pokemon and the strongest non-evolved Pokemon untill Arceus came along.
  • Pichu represented one of Generation II's most prominent additions to the franchise; breeding.
  • Charizard was, like Mewtwo, one of the most iconic of the Kanto Pokemon, so him getting a playable role was really kind of called for.
  • Squirtle and Ivysaur each also let the series represent the mechanic of switching Pokemon out mid-battle as they grew tired (or their HP dropped to low levels), but they didn't have the same star power Charizard did.
  • Lucario was the Dark Horse of Gen IV, unarguably one of the most popular Pokemon introduced in that generation. It was almost inevitable he'd get in Smash. :p
  • Greninja is the Dark Horse of Gen VI and basically is the same thing as Charizard; the most popular Kalos starter and an iconic Pokemon.
The only Pokemon I could see being "needed" in Smash are a Gen III Pokemon (maybe Sceptile to match the third-stage status of Charizard and Greninja) and a Gen V Pokemon, and maybe a Fossil Pokemon since that's such a prominent aspect of modern Pokemon games.

Well, not all of them actually want a new Pokemon, some probably put a new Pokemon in their roster because it's almost guaranteed that next Smash has one.
True, but I'm just saying that we don't really NEED more than what we have; more than six is just sort of icing on the cake, really.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Personally I think 6 is a little much as it is, but everyone has their own opinions.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Yes, it's Nintendo's second-largest series...which is why it has six characters. That's well and appropriate for Smash, considering it's only two behind Mario, the largest Nintendo series, which has eight, as well as representing how one can only have six Pokemon active on a team. We have Pokken now to give us our beloved Pokemon in a fighting game, and it's undoubtable that the game is going to be a big hit; and that means sequels and more characters. Pokemon in Smash need to be big for the franchise or at the very least a Dark Horse for that generation;
  • Pikachu's the mascot of the series, so obviously he's a shoe-in.
  • Jigglypuff had a very popular role in the anime, and is a popular Pokemon as well.
  • Mewtwo was the first of the iconic legendary Pokemon and the strongest non-evolved Pokemon untill Arceus came along.
  • Pichu represented one of Generation II's most prominent additions to the franchise; breeding.
  • Charizard was, like Mewtwo, one of the most iconic of the Kanto Pokemon, so him getting a playable role was really kind of called for.
  • Squirtle and Ivysaur each also let the series represent the mechanic of switching Pokemon out mid-battle as they grew tired (or their HP dropped to low levels), but they didn't have the same star power Charizard did.
  • Lucario was the Dark Horse of Gen IV, unarguably one of the most popular Pokemon introduced in that generation. It was almost inevitable he'd get in Smash. :p
  • Greninja is the Dark Horse of Gen VI and basically is the same thing as Charizard; the most popular Kalos starter and an iconic Pokemon.
  • The only Pokemon I could see being "needed" in Smash are a Gen III Pokemon (maybe Sceptile to match the third-stage status of Charizard and Greninja) and a Gen V Pokemon, and maybe a Fossil Pokemon since that's such a prominent aspect of modern Pokemon games.
I think the fact that Greninja was planned for Smash years before he was even revealed to the public shows that the Pokemon don't necessarily need to be "Dark Horses" and "iconic" to appear in Smash. In fact, there's an interview that goes over why Greninja was chosen.

“So I guess the answer to the question is that it wasn’t based on his popularity out of X and Y. The characters that we have here we decided were going to be put in the game a couple years back.”
I consider the fact that he ended up being the more popular of the Kalos starters a lucky break for Sakurai as well.

Also, Pichu is not iconic. He may be Pikachu's baby form, but that's like saying Raichu is iconic, which it isn't (Game Freak does a excellent job of completely ignoring it in everything). Pichu's inclusion may have been under different circumstances, but my point still stands.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I think the fact that Greninja was planned for Smash years before he was even revealed to the public shows that the Pokemon don't necessarily need to be "Dark Horses" and "iconic" to appear in Smash. In fact, there's an interview that goes over why Greninja was chosen.

I consider the fact that he ended up being the more popular of the Kalos starters a lucky break for Sakurai as well.
True, but it was almost inevitable that Greninja would be the Dark Horse anyways; it's design pretty much ensured that. :p It was a lucky break, but it's not really a contradiction to my reasoning; Sakurai saw Greninja and figured "Hey, this'll probably be pretty popular as a Pokemon, maybe I should put it in the next Smash game?". He's still the Dark Horse of Generation 6.

Also, Pichu is not iconic. He may be Pikachu's baby form, but that's like saying Raichu is iconic, which it isn't (Game Freak does a excellent job of completely ignoring it in everything). Pichu's inclusion may have been under different circumstances, but my point still stands.
Pichu wasn't really in itself iconic, but what it represented (Pokemon breeding) was a huge, iconic addition to Gen II, and Pichu just happened to be easy to make as a clone of Pikachu.

Burruni

Smash Hero
True, but I'm just saying that we don't really NEED more than what we have; more than six is just sort of icing on the cake, really.
You said you didn't know why people wanted not thought we needed more Pokemon. That was the point I was making a stand for. If there's any series that's going to have more characters to be icing for the cake come the time for drafting a roster for any Smash game, you bet Pokemon will have at least a few good choices.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pichu is iconic what are you talking about lmao.
He's at least on Jigglypuff's level.

Pokemon is like a megaton franchise, six Pokemon compared to Mario's collective nine is more than reasonable.
Especially considering the series has 10+ valid and popular candidates to be chosen that have a bottomless movepool and potential.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
True, but it was almost inevitable that Greninja would be the Dark Horse anyways; it's design pretty much ensured that. :p It was a lucky break, but it's not really a contradiction to my reasoning; Sakurai saw Greninja and figured "Hey, this'll probably be pretty popular as a Pokemon, maybe I should put it in the next Smash game?". He's still the Dark Horse of Generation 6.
Baseless speculation. You don't know what Sakurai thought when he saw Greninja. He may just have been fond of the design. You can't say it's "almost inevitable", that's a false rubric that we can't possibly maintain is de jure fact.

If Sakurai hypothetically chose Delphox instead, would you move the goalposts to say that Delphox's design meant she is "inevitable" in terms of the "dark horse" candidate?

Pichu wasn't really in itself iconic, but what it represented (Pokemon breeding) was a huge, iconic addition to Gen II, and Pichu just happened to be easy to make as a clone of Pikachu.
I really, really, really, really doubt Sakurai had that in mind when he designed Pichu.

You really overestimate how much Sakurai cares about "representation" in Smash, particularly compared to how much he cares about how the character plays.

Yet The Pokémon Company is content to ignore his existence.

Pokemon is like a megaton franchise, six Pokemon compared to Mario's collective nine is more than reasonable.
Especially considering the series has 10+ valid and popular candidates to be chosen that have a bottomless movepool and potential.
This much I do agree with, that said.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

Again, I'm not saying PICHU is iconic. I'm saying the thing it basically represented as a Pokemon (the introduction of breeding in Generation II) was. Breeding changed Pokemon forever, and Pichu was just an easy way to represent a new Generation II mechanic in Smash. Nor am I saying I know what Sakurai thought of Greninja or Pichu; I'm just saying that the man must have some intuition as to what would appeal to coolness or to show big changes to the game in some capacity. I mean, everyone already thinks ninjas are awesome, so a ninja hydrokinetic frog would still be called awesome regardless. :p And yeah, nobody really asked for Pichu, but hey, it's showing off the fact that Pokemon breeding is a thing now, so it has some purpose.

And I'm not saying we should cut any of the 'Mons we have, I'm just saying that a franchise this huge doesn't need extreme exposure; it just gets it because it's a massively successful franchise. It's the same situation as Mario; they don't need so much, but they get it because they're the big names of Nintendo. We have more than enough of them, but of course there's still people who want more; that's inevitable in a franchise where anybody can become attached to any Pokemon. But excerizing caution is important; I highly doubt anybody wants the roster to be flooded by Pocket Monsters. Six is a reasonably good number because it has that double meaning to it; it's both making the series the most represented by characters aside from Mario and is thematically appropriate since you can only bring six Pokemon to a battle. We had six in Brawl (technically, since Pokemon Trainer was only one character on the CSS), and we have six in Smash 4.

Imagine if we got Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Zoroark and Blaziken in the next Smash game; that's eleven Pokemon, and I bet there'd be even more controversy then than there is now about it.

I'm not vehemently opposed to more than six Pokemon in Smash, I'm just saying that it's fine as it is right now. If we got people complaining about Shulk and Lucina being "more animu swordsmen", than getting like 10+ Pokemon would cause an even bigger storm of complaints.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yet The Pokémon Company is content to ignore his existence.
I'm pretty Jigglypuff is not that promoted anymore either. But there was a time when both got a lot of attention - Pichu got a short movie featuring it.
Again, I'm not saying PICHU is iconic. I'm saying the thing it basically represented as a Pokemon (the introduction of breeding in Generation II) was. Breeding changed Pokemon forever, and Pichu was just an easy way to represent a new Generation II mechanic in Smash. Nor am I saying I know what Sakurai thought of Greninja or Pichu; I'm just saying that the man must have some intuition as to what would appeal to coolness or to show big changes to the game in some capacity. I mean, everyone already thinks ninjas are awesome, so a ninja hydrokinetic frog would still be called awesome regardless. :p And yeah, nobody really asked for Pichu, but hey, it's showing off the fact that Pokemon breeding is a thing now, so it has some purpose.
As Wintropy said, I'm pretty sure he really did not care about what "Pichu" represented at all. He was a joke filler character.
And I'm not saying we should cut any of the 'Mons we have, I'm just saying that a franchise this huge doesn't need extreme exposure; it just gets it because it's a massively successful franchise. It's the same situation as Mario; they don't need so much, but they get it because they're the big names of Nintendo. We have more than enough of them, but of course there's still people who want more; that's inevitable in a franchise where anybody can become attached to any Pokemon. But excerizing caution is important; I highly doubt anybody wants the roster to be flooded by Pocket Monsters. Six is a reasonably good number because it has that double meaning to it; it's both making the series the most represented by characters aside from Mario and is thematically appropriate since you can only bring six Pokemon to a battle. We had six in Brawl (technically, since Pokemon Trainer was only one character on the CSS), and we have six in Smash 4.

Imagine if we got Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Zoroark and Blaziken in the next Smash game; that's eleven Pokemon, and I bet there'd be even more controversy then than there is now about it.

I'm not vehemently opposed to more than six Pokemon in Smash, I'm just saying that it's fine as it is right now. If we got people complaining about Shulk and Lucina being "more animu swordsmen", than getting like 10+ Pokemon would cause an even bigger storm of complaints.
...but who are you to judge "need" vs. "want"?
We don't "need" Smash Bros. at all. It's a game. And one driven by pleasing not just one, but many fanbases.
And while Pokemon is just one fanbase...it's also much, much bigger than any other, except Mario.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
upload_2015-9-10_21-25-13.png

1 more post to show an alternate take on my fantasy Sm5sh roster with characters switched to order of playability in the Smash seriesand Sceptile replacing Celebi as the unlockable Pokémon fighter. Instead of encountering Mew, you'll have to have encounted all Pokeball Pokémon EXCEPT Mew to face against Sceptile.

This of course changes Super All-Star Mode

2001-2002
Villager/Isaac/Olimar/Roy/Shantae/Bowser Jr./Krystal/Sceptile/Toon Link

OR

1997-2001
Wolf/Sheik/Ganondorf/Villager/Isaac/Olimar/Roy

2002-2004
Shantae/Bowser Jr./Krystal/Sceptile/Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus

Sceptile's victory theme would be an excerpt from the Ruby/Sapphire version of the Pokémon Title Theme.

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
RETURNING VETERANS

From Smash 64:

1. Mario
2. Captain Falcon
3. Donkey Kong
4. Fox
5. Jigglypuff
6. Kirby
7. Link
8. Luigi
9. Ness
10. Pikachu
11. Samus
12. Yoshi

From Melee:
13. Dr. Mario
14. Peach
15. Bowser
16. Zelda
17. Sheik
18. Ganondorf
19. Falco
20. Mewtwo
21. Ice Climbers
22. Marth
23. Roy
24. Mr. Game & Watch

From Brawl:
25. Wario
26. Diddy Kong
27. Toon Link
28. Zero Suit Samus
29. Meta Knight
30. King Dedede
31. Wolf
32. Charizard
33. Ivysaur
34. Squirtle
35. Lucario
36. Ike
37. Pit
38. Lucas
39. Olimar
40. Sonic

From Smash 4:
41. Rosalina & Luma
42. Bowser Jr.
43. Greninja
44. Robin
45. Dark Pit
46. Villager
47. Wii Fit Trainer
48. Shulk
49. Duck Hunt
50. Mega Man
51. Pac-Man
-Mii Fighters (all three types return)

Newcomers
52. Tails the Fox
53. Bandanna Dee
54. Bomberman
55. Inkling (Boy and Girl as different costumes)
56. Dragonite
57. Spyro
58. Wolf Link
59. Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)
60. Pooka
61. Fygar
62. Toon Zelda
63. Toon Ganon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom