• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose one more character from the existing third party series in Smash, who would you choose?

D

Deleted member

Title says it all folks. If you could choose another character from the 3rd party series already in Smash, who would you choose? We'll count Persona as well. If you can't think of anyone to add, just say "I don't know" or something.

• Mega Man: Zero easily. No contest.
  • PAC-MAN: No Comment.
  • Metal Gear Solid: Raiden, but as he is in MGS4. My idea for Raiden is that he's an amalgamation of all of his appearances throughout the series. He'd borrow some moves from Snake, life his Side Special and Up Special, but he also has some moves from MGS Rising, while having his apperance from MGS4. So in other words, he's a semi-clone.
  • Street Fighter: My girl Chun Li. No futher explination needed.
  • Final Fantasy: Assuming Square Enix won't be a total A-hole with copyright, I'd go for either Cecil or Terra. I would also give a mention to Noctis as I like his teleportation and multiple weapons skill.
  • Bayonetta: No Comment.
  • Castlevania: Extremely tough call between Alucard and Soma Cruz, but I'd probably add Soma.
  • Persona: Minato Arisato, or the P3 protagonist. Best Persona game gets represented by the best protagonist.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
How tf do you not mention Sonic?

Sonic would be next in my opinion. Either Tails or Shadow as an echo fighter.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
For Final Fantasy either: Squall Leonhart, Rinoa Heartilly, Cecil Harvey, Kain Highwind, Noctis Lucis Caelum, Ramza, Ace, or Bartz Klauser.

For Castlevania either: Alucard, Soma Cruz, Leon Belmont, or Juste Belmont.

For Persona: Yu Narukami (from 4)

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Metal Gear Solid: Raiden
Sonic: Tails
Mega Man: Classic Roll
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Street Fighter: Cammy
Final Fantasy: Terra
Bayonetta: Jeanne
Castlevania: Young Maria Renard

Not familiar with Persona so I can't think of anything from there yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mega Man: X
"But isn't he just anime Megaman?" Shut up, he's cool, okay?

PAC-MAN: Ms. Pac-Man? I dunno.

Metal Gear Solid: Raiden,
Blah blah blah, Rules of nature, you heard it all here before.
Jetstream Sam's slightly cooler, but Raiden's still rad as hell himself.

Sonic: Knuckles
Bring back the OG rivalry, Sega.

Street Fighter: Chun Li
She's not my personal favorite, but come on, everyone knows who Chunners is and she's cool irregardless.
(Personally, I'm more of a Makoto fan, but I digress)

Final Fantasy: Bartz
My first Final Fantasy and the protagonist I like the most.
He's a job-switcher so he could represent all the FF Classes using all their tools in fun and interesting ways (like in Dissidia)

Bayonetta: Masked Lumen
Goddamn, he's cool. Too bad Bayonetta's plot is bat**** insane time travel shananigans.

Castlevania: Alucard.
He's just... so cool. He has telekinetic swords, mist dashing, bats, rapiers, magic, flying, whatever else the hell vampires do. Also SotN is ****ing RADICAL.

Persona: Minato Arisato.
He's got the best Persona story, with the coolest Personas, with all the weapons, and the coolest persona activation method.
(If we're going all Megaten though, you know I gotta give my boy Demi-fiend the vote with Flynn and Raidou close behind)

Last edited:

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
Sonic:
Shadow- Echo Fighter(recolored skin) maybe involve a gun into his kit
Knuckles- Stronger but slower. Also heavier but weaker vertical recovery
Tails- Lighter than sonic, 2 jumps but with a peach hover mechanic on the second jump.

Raftina

Smash Rookie
Mega Man
Zero (Mega Man Zero). Yes, I prefer the MMZ version over the MMX version. By quite a bit, actually.

Castlevania
Shanoa (Order of Ecclesia). This is partly because OoE is my favorite CV game. The other part is that her moveset is the most interesting in the source games.

The Belmonts we already have, so I prefer to not add another. Alucard and Soma wield a variety of weapons, but both are mostly associated with their swords. Alucard barely uses his spells. Soma has a nice and large variety of spells, but he is a weapon user first and foremost. Shanoa, by contrast, is entirely spell based--even her weapons are spell generated and share a rapidly regenerating magic meter with the other spells. Ironically, she has a narrower selection of spells than Soma, but all that means is that it is easier to pick and choose for her moveset.

Persona
Hamuko (Personal 3 Portable). P3P is my favorite Persona game, and a big part of that is that I prefer to play as the girl and date guys. Plus the male MC is yet another blue haired sword user. The female MC uses a naginata.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sonic: Tails, since Shadow and Knuckles are ATs.
Bayonetta: I GUESS Jeanne.
Castlevania: Trevor Belmont, which may or may not be stealth promotion for the Netflix series based on his game.
Final Fantasy: Terra, or if censorship wasn’t an issue, Tifa. Sephiroth is better suited for being an AT and/or Boss.
Metal Gear: Rising!Raiden. RULES OF NATURE!
Mega Man: Bass or Proto Man. Hey, Final Smash Cameos are safe in my reasoning thanks to Chrom.
Street Fighter: Chun-li.
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man...as a Pac-Man alt.

Oh and I almost forgot

Persona: either Yu Narukami or Aigis. or even Hamuko from P3P, which is getting more recognition thanks to PQ2.

Last edited:

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
Tatsu is the only correct answer.
*edit* Turns out Monolith is owned by Nintendo. But still Tatsu.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Sonic: Shadow
Bayonetta: N/A
Castlevania: N/A
Final Fantasy: Shantotto or Kefka
Mega Man: N/A
Street Fighter: Juri
Pac-Man: N/A
Persona: Amagi Yukiko

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Monster Hunter... just Monster Hunter, as in the actual hunter. No one else. And to clarify, MvCi has made MH a character, and I think Smash could do it better.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mega Man: Bass or X if we're going with less echoey
Pac-Man: Mrs. Pac-Man
Metal Gear: Big Boss Echo or Raiden
Street Fighter: Akuma Echo or Chun-li
FF: Little knowledge of this one, but it would probably be someone from VI or Lightning. I vote VI
Bayonetta: Jeane, I guess
Castlevania: Alucard

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sonic: Tails
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Vivi or at least Black Mage.

Everything else: indifferent. Pac-Man doesn't have enough characters outside an obvious echo in Ms. Pac-Man or the Ghosts and the rest I don't care for.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultsonic: Eggman
:ultmegaman: Dr. Wily
:ultpacman: Spooky
:ultryu: Chun-Li for unbiased choice, Dhalsim for biased choice
:ultcloud: Black Mage
:ultbayonetta: Jeanne
:ultsimon: Either Alucard or Sypha

ArcticKat

Smash Rookie
Metal Gear Solid — The Boss
Sonic — Tails
Pac-Man — Ms. Pac-Man
Final Fantasy — Prishe

… The rest of the third parties I’m just not familiar with.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Sonic - Dr. Robotnik. He can play like a combination between K.Rool and Bowser Jr.
Final Fantasy - Mog

startmirca

Smash Rookie
Metal Gear: Raiden (Revengeance version)
Mega Man: Zero
Street Fighter: Akuma
Final Fantasy: Noctis
Persona: Yu Narukami
Pac-Man: I don’t know

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Revolver Ocelot (MGS)
Shadow *ε (Sonic)
Zero (Megaman)
Ghosts (Pac-Man)
Akuma (Street Fighter)
Black Mage/Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy)
Jeanne *ε (Bayonetta)
Alucard (Castlevania)
Jack Frost (Persona)

Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
Bomberman (Bomberman)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Metal Gear: N/A
Megaman: Zero
Pac-Man: N/A
Final Fantasy: Tidus

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:ultsnake: Psycho Mantis, no idea how it'd work, but it'd be fun if they could do it.
:ultsonic: Eggman, preferably in a machine if he can fit himself into one without being too big.
:ultmegaman: Zero for some X representation.
:ultpacman: Nothing probably, my best suggestion here is to loosen the rules a bit and say Dig Dug, but I suppose that doesn't count.
:ultryu: Guile, just because he was my main when I played it.
:ultcloud: Black Mage for some classic FF representation. Terra, Moogle or Tifa are also good options.
:ultsimon: Alucard, no question. Protagonist of the fan favorite game, and his moveset writes itself.

Would look quite different if I tried to be more objective, but these are just my own biased takes on the series, some of them might seem a bit crazy as I'm not the biggest fan of all the series and just want fun or cool characters from them. I don't know the first thing about Bayonetta or Persona, so I'm giving those a pass.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Metal Gear: Raiden, the only other pick that matters.
Sonic: Tails. Got other picks, but he takes priority.
Mega Man: Tron Bonne, just because.
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man.
Final Fantasy: Cecil Harvey, mainly because his game actually is known for having been on Nintendo hardware a lot.
Castlevania: Alucard. See Sonic above.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Metal Gear: Big Boss

Sonic The Hedgehog: Metal Sonic

Street Fighter: M. Bison

Final Fantasy: Sephiroth

Bayonetta: ???

Castlevania: Dracula

Mega Man: Tron Bonne, just because.
Yes! I have found somebody else besides myself that wants Tron Bonne in Smash. Give me a high five!

D

Deleted member

-Sonic: Eggman.
-Metal Gear: Raiden.
-Megaman: Bass.
-Pac-Man: Ms.Pac-Man.
-Street Fighter: Chun Li/M.Bison.
-Final Fantasy: Kefka/Sephiroth.
-Bayonetta: Loki.
-Castlevania: Sora Cruz.
-Persona: Jack

ccllr

Smash Cadet
:ultsnake: The Boss
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultmegaman: Zero
:ultpacman: Ms. Pacman
:ultryu: Chun-Li. I'm surprised that Guile made it as an AT instead of her
:ultcloud: Black Mage for unbiased, Lightning for biased
:ultbayonetta: No comment
:ultsimon: No comment

I'd also add Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series. But that's out of topic, so yeah.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Sonic: Tails (truthfully, I like Knuckles more as a character but feel like Tails would add a more unique play style to Smash)
Final Fantasy: Vivi from FF9
Megaman: no comment
Street Fighter: that's a tough one...M. Bison or Blanka
Bayonetta: no comment
Castlevania: Dracula
Pacman: no comment
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake

And even though it's technically off-topic, I'd love to see a character from Mortal Kombat. Obviously Scorpion is the top choice but Raiden would be cool as well. Adding one of the X-Men would also be pretty cool.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Blaze the Cat
Chun-Li
Ms. Pac-Man (echo)
Tifa
Roll
Raiden, just to stick it to PSASBR
Soma Cruz
Jack Frost
Father Balder

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
EDIT: Bolded the ones I'd pick if I could only pick one more.
:ultsnake:- Raiden, EVA, Quiet, Revolver Ocelot, Liquid Snake (Echo Fighter), or Big Boss as a Semi-Clone with Venom Snake as his Echo Fighter.
:ultsonic:- Classic Sonic (Echo Fighter), Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy and Rogue would all be various shades of Semi-Clones, Dr. Eggman, E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega.
:ultmegaman:- Gotta be Zero, my dudes. Other contenders include Bass, Protoman, Axl, the Dr. Wily Capsule, Roll, Sigma, and because it wouldn't be a true FirestormNeos ****post without bringing up characters nobody in their right mind would consider putting into smash but I'm going to consider anyway because I'm just that desperate for Super Bash Sisters to be a real thing, might I also humbly suggest the inclusions of Iris, Alia, Layer, and Cinnamon?
:ultpacman:- Ms. PAC-MAN (Alt. Skin or Echo Fighter).
:ultryu:- Chun Li, Cammy, Juri, Poison, Rainbow Mika, Guile, Zangief, M. Bison.
:ultcloud:- Zack Fair (Echo Fighter), Sephiroth, Tifa, Terra, Kefka, Leon Squall, Garnet, Zidane, Vivi, Kuja, Tidus, Lightning, Noctis, Exdeath, Zeromus.
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne (Echo Fighter), Rodin, Lawyer-Friendly Frollo Cameo.
:ultsimon:- Maria Reynard, Charlotte Aulin, Shanoa, Soma Cruz, Alucard.

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
:ultbayonetta:- Masked Lumen
:ultmegaman:- Zero
:ultpacman: - Dig Dug (both are classic Namco arcade games and both have Pookas in their games so their kinda connected...)
:ultryu: - Juri
:ultsimon: - Alucard
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultsonic: - Shadow

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
:ultsnake:- Raiden, EVA, Quiet, Revolver Ocelot, Liquid Snake (Echo Fighter), Big Boss as a Semi-Clone with Venom Snake as his Echo Fighter
:ultsonic:- Classic Sonic (Echo Fighter), Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy and Rogue would all be various shades of Semi-Clones, Dr. Eggman, E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega
:ultmegaman:- Gotta be Zero, my dudes. Other contenders include Bass, Protoman, Axl, the Dr. Wily Capsule, Roll, Sigma, and because it wouldn't be a true FirestormNeos ****post without bringing up characters nobody in their right mind would consider putting into smash but I'm going to consider anyway because I'm just that desperate for Super Bash Sisters to be a real thing, might I also humbly suggest the inclusions of Iris, Alia, Layer, and Cinnamon?
:ultpacman:- Ms. PAC-MAN alt skin
:ultryu:- Chun Li, Cammy, Juri, Poison, Rainbow Mika, Guile, Zangief, M. Bison
:ultcloud:- Zack Fair (Echo Fighter), Sephiroth, Tifa, Terra, Kefka, Leon Squall, Garnet, Zidane, Vivi, Kuja, Tidus, Lightning, Noctis, Exdeath, Zeromus
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne (Echo Fighter), Rodin, Lawyer-Friendly Frollo Cameo
:ultsimon:- Maria Reynard, Charlotte Aulin, Shanoa, Soma Cruz, Alucard, Alraune
Good job choosing "one" more character from each lol

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sonic: Eggman
Metal Gear: Raiden
Street Fighter: M. Bison
Final Fantasy: Sephiroth

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
High key if Pac-Man got another character being able to play as the ghosts with a moveset having some inspiration from Pac-Man Arrangement would be incredibly dope, interchangeable or cooperative in some way similar to ice climbers or Pokémon trainer. I think they'd make an excellent addition, and it didn't occur to me until I saw this thread.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:ultsonic: - Silver. Yeah, Shadow is cool, but think to yourself how cathartic it would be to chuck people all over the stage while yelling “it’s no use!”

:ultmegaman: - If it has to be Classic series, then Proto Man. If not, then Zero. Hell, his assist trophy almost has a whole moveset.

:ultsimon: - Alucard. There is no other option (although Julius would be funny just to annoy people).

:ultcloud: - Can I say Geno? He is technically Square Enix.

:ultryu: - Master Bison. There’s still not enough villains in Smash, and this guy is one of the best.

:ultbayonetta: - Preferably nobody, but if I had to pick, Rodin.

:ultsnake: - Either Big Boss as an Echo or Raiden. There aren’t really any other options.

Top Bottom