• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if YOU could make the end to the sse?

Pumako

Smash Cadet
Tell me what YOU would do if you got to make the end of Subspace. I would have a too be continued?!?!?:laugh:

Bud

Smash Journeyman
its smash, break the targets is too played by your logic. they could make a much different hand, metal hand with a foot teammate and ..(im only joking by the way, i hate single player.)

R i p

Smash Cadet
It didn't need a better ending only needed fixes to the last few things that led to it.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Sonic would die. Everyone would die except Snake, Wolf and MK, and they'd take over the world, and keep Peach around and take turns having their way with her.

If she ever stepped out of line, Master hand would pimp-slap her. But that's just me.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
A giant message pops up that reads, "Warning! Challenger approaching!" with the picture to the right that looks a lot like a flying space pirate dragon.

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
Truthfully, I don't like those types of games where the main villain is hidden away until the very very end, so I would say that I would take out Tabuu altogether. >_>

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Demon Kirby won.

But the last boss should've been some kind of representation of every important Nintendo villain ever, or someone that you would never expect.

Like JaJaMaru.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
My ending scene would have Tabuu coming back and charging up some super Subspace-destroying attack. But the Hands would come and rescue all of the fighters at the last minute, return all of the excised places to the Smash world, and then them standing on the cliff by the ocean. Master Hand would apologize for being so easily manipulated, but the fighters would forgive him, and he promises that he will put his full effort into protecting the Smash world.

If you scored 100% in SSE, after the credits rolled, it would show Tabuu's Residence. The camera would stay still for a few seconds, and Tabuu's hand would grab the edge of the stage, followed by an immediate fade-out.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
All the characters(Including Sonic, Wolf, and Jigglypuff) show up and find Ganondorf with Master Hand and Crazy Hand. First, you choose one character out of the whole roster to fight Ganondorf. Then, Master and Crazy disguise themselves as various Nintendo villains that were primarily two hands like Andross (SF64 version) and maybe even those stone hands from the pyramid in Super Mario 64. After all that, you face them in their true forms. In n attemp to leave on a humorous note, Master Hand and Crazy Hand weaken and fall into oblivion with their middle fingers raised. DOUBLE DUCE!

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Having a Fire Emblem style ending...
now if only smash bros had support conversations...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Master Hand would apologize for being so easily manipulated, but the fighters would forgive him, and he promises that he will put his full effort into protecting the Smash world.
With what, his master mouth?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
My ending scene would have Tabuu coming back and charging up some super Subspace-destroying attack. But the Hands would come and rescue all of the fighters at the last minute, return all of the excised places to the Smash world, and then them standing on the cliff by the ocean. Master Hand would apologize for being so easily manipulated, but the fighters would forgive him, and he promises that he will put his full effort into protecting the Smash world.

If you scored 100% in SSE, after the credits rolled, it would show Tabuu's Residence. The camera would stay still for a few seconds, and Tabuu's hand would grab the edge of the stage, followed by an immediate fade-out.
This... This I like... except you can't have dialogue in SSE.

I wanted the characters to go back to the 'flying stadium' where they have one random fight, then have ridley attack the stage. Then have you know what happen...

Bone64

Smash Cadet
I was expecting: Subspace Master Hand.

He is in dark aura.

Or: GigaHand

Tony_

Smash Ace
Sonic appears but immediately dies from getting hit from an Off-Wave. The last three entrants all appear too, standing before Tabuu's might. You then select all the characters you want to use.

Tabuu is defeated, but Sonic cannot be restored to his state, meaning he cannot be returned to normal. Instead, they give him a heroes burial at sea, by tossing his trophy into the ocean. The credits roll and a scene appears if you get 100 percent. Sonic's eyes glow blue like Tabuu's skin. The screen fades.

Spire

III
BRoomer
All in all, I don't like the subspace theme at all. It's a bit cliché to me, despite it's "originality". No, they did not steal it from anything else, but it doesn't feel right. Here's a better way to put it -- Super Smash Bros. is a series that brings characters, stages, and items from all different Nintendo series together to mash'em all up into one game. I think the adventure mode should reflect this concept in its entirety. It's interesting that the Brawl team came up with this new army exclusive to Brawl (with a few Nintendo baddies aligned with it), but it feels forced. I would rather have fought more enemies from other Nintendo games -- such as from the Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, and Metroid series (just as Mario had Koopa Troopas, Goombas, etc. in a lot of the stages). The Subspace army became waaaaaaaaay too redundant.

Anyways, I wouldn't just change the ending, I'd change the entire story and the world that it's based in. I do appreciate that the world sort of reflected the characters that lived in it (DK had his own jungle, the Ice Climbers were found on that tall, icy spire, Dedede had his own castle, Link was encountered in a forest, where the Master Sword was, Meta Knight had his ship play a huge role in the story, and Samus was found in a robotic facility (very appropriate for her -- better than in a jungle or something, and Marth and Ike were found in castle ruins). However, I would have liked to see pieces of the worlds that the characters are from actually merge together in one world - and in a very cohesive and agreeable manner so that they do not obstruct each other [too much]. I would have loved to see the story open up, revealing large, explorable stages representing the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, DK's jungle, Zebes, anywhere from the Pokemon world, etc, etc. I was personally a bit bored with the repetition and how similar all of the stages were in SSE. It would have been interesting to connect the worlds from the different games that contribute to Smash Bros.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
All in all, I don't like the subspace theme at all. It's a bit cliché to me, despite it's "originality". No, they did not steal it from anything else, but it doesn't feel right. Here's a better way to put it -- Super Smash Bros. is a series that brings characters, stages, and items from all different Nintendo series together to mash'em all up into one game. I think the adventure mode should reflect this concept in its entirety. It's interesting that the Brawl team came up with this new army exclusive to Brawl (with a few Nintendo baddies aligned with it), but it feels forced. I would rather have fought more enemies from other Nintendo games -- such as from the Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, and Metroid series (just as Mario had Koopa Troopas, Goombas, etc. in a lot of the stages). The Subspace army became waaaaaaaaay too redundant.

Anyways, I wouldn't just change the ending, I'd change the entire story and the world that it's based in. I do appreciate that the world sort of reflected the characters that lived in it (DK had his own jungle, the Ice Climbers were found on that tall, icy spire, Dedede had his own castle, Link was encountered in a forest, where the Master Sword was, Meta Knight had his ship play a huge role in the story, and Samus was found in a robotic facility (very appropriate for her -- better than in a jungle or something, and Marth and Ike were found in castle ruins). However, I would have liked to see pieces of the worlds that the characters are from actually merge together in one world - and in a very cohesive and agreeable manner so that they do not obstruct each other [too much]. I would have loved to see the story open up, revealing large, explorable stages representing the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, DK's jungle, Zebes, anywhere from the Pokemon world, etc, etc. I was personally a bit bored with the repetition and how similar all of the stages were in SSE. It would have been interesting to connect the worlds from the different games that contribute to Smash Bros.
I agree with you completely. Honestly I didn't like the fact that the characters were actually animated trophies in the story. In Melee it felt like the characters... The REAL characters were interacting in a story told with trophies, which led to the collection of trophies acquired as extras. With all the characters being trophies it felt like the whole thing was pointless, All the characters died constantly and were brought back to life, making them effectively immortal. If you ask me, it kind felt like it defeated the purpose. I liked it, it just could have been better.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Everyone who isn't in SSE appears afterwards and everyone lives happily ever after.

Honestly I thought that SSE had a fine ending. It's just that everything before it sucked so hard that its glory was tarnished. Stage designs sucked and gameplay devolved into hack and slash with no point. At least Melee Adventure Mode went through different character locales. They should've made legit stages that reflected each character's world.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Master hand is revived. The glove falls off, and reveals... King K. Rool

followed by the message - "Congratulations! You have unlocked The kremling king, K. Rool!"

.. I wish thats what happened :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
Master hand is revived. The glove falls off, and reveals... King K. Rool

followed by the message - "Congratulations! You have unlocked The kremling king, K. Rool!"

.. I wish thats what happened :(
You worded that well. Using "king" as a bridge between the sentence and his name was smart.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Tabuu appears and sends his Off Waves at the fighters, turning all of them into trophies except...what's this?! Snake sneaks up behind Tabuu, snaps his neck and simply says, "Shoooowtime!" followed by Snake's victory theme. He then wanders around Subspace as the credits roll, hitting each character's trophy stand to revive them.

Sonic then appears only to find out that he's too late to be the game's big hero. Shadow then approaches him and says, "It's ok Sonic...I still like your games..." To which Sonic replies, "Who cares what you think? You're a clone."

Then Mario and Snake smoke as the whole Smash Bros. crew laugh hardily. Snake then flicks his cigarette butt onto ROB who proceeds to burst into flames and melt. Ridley and Geno take his place and none of the Smashers seem to notice.

~THE END~

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Tabuu appears and sends his Off Waves at the fighters, turning all of them into trophies except...what's this?! Snake sneaks up behind Tabuu, snaps his neck and simply says, "Shoooowtime!" followed by Snake's victory theme. He then wanders around Subspace as the credits roll, hitting each character's trophy stand to revive them.

Sonic then appears only to find out that he's too late to be the game's big hero. Shadow then approaches him and says, "It's ok Sonic...I still like your games..." To which Sonic replies, "Who cares what you think? You're a clone."

Then Mario and Snake smoke as the whole Smash Bros. crew laugh hardily. Snake then flicks his cigarette butt onto ROB who proceeds to burst into flames and melt. Ridley and Geno take his place and none of the Smashers seem to notice.

~THE END~
Dont like R.O.B. huh? lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

~THE END~
That gave me a good laugh. :laugh:

Anyways, I would have given the SSE a complete overhaul. When I first saw the SSE, I thought it was going to be an advanced version of the Adventure mode in Melee. I thought it was going to be a mash up of all the Nintendo worlds but what we got was pretty generic. At first, I didn't have that much of a problem with the Primids until I found out they made up 95% of all the enemies... Seriously, I loved that they included the Goombas, Koopas, etc but where were the Re-Deads, Kremlings, etc. I wanted to see enemies from actual Nintendo games, not Heartless ripoffs. I was also disappointed with the number of Nintendo bosses there were. There were only 5 and 2 of them were Ridley. Out of them, Porky was definately the most satisfying with Petey being the worst (he should have been more like he was in Sunshine or, even better, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time). If I had made the game, I would have included mini-bosses and bosses at the end of most stages. For example, Kracko and Gohma would have made great bosses.

I was hoping that the SSE would play out like the Kingdom Hearts where you are actually thrown into different worlds instead of them somehow all existing in one without an explanation. I did like, however, that they included elements from a lot of different franchises. Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and Ice Climbers were all represented with gameplay elements but they were few and far between and you'd only notice if you played a large number of games from a respective franchise. I also didn't like how Sakurai misled us on the dojo by stating how "characters would have to deal with their own pasts and their own specific problems." I thought the story was going to be deep and maybe certain things about certain franchises would be explained. For example, would Mario and Peach have their first kiss? What are the origins of Kirby? Maybe a little more insight on Fox's Childhood or what happened between the occurances in Earthbound and Mother 3? Really, there's a lot of creative potential that could have been used for this but wasn't.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Instead of Sonic coming in at the end it should have been Wolf coming in with the rest of Starwolf in his Wolfen. Then he would say "Can't you let you do that!". That would have been epic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Instead of Sonic coming in at the end it should have been Wolf coming in with the rest of Starwolf in his Wolfen. Then he would say "Can't you let you do that!". That would have been epic.
Haha yeah, Sonic should have gotten Wolf's treatment. This happening instead of Sonic breaking his wings would have been soooo epic.

Sigh...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
This... This I like... except you can't have dialogue in SSE.
And that's what I would change about SSE. Every Nintendo char has had at least 1 canon piece of dialogue, whether it's text, spoken words or simply thoughts. Sure, it goes against the spirit of some characters, but there should've been at least some dialogue to explain things a bit better.

But if you wanted to mesh my idea with SSE a bit more, then the Hands just use body language; Master Hand's fingers droop to indicate sadness, he gives a thumbs up or "OK!" gesture when everybody cheers him up, and he points to the sky (at the Midair Stadium) to indicate that the Smash world is back to normal, and they can fight again.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
the ending of sse was cool and all, but sonic was SO random at the end...I would have sonic join your party much earlier in sse so its not so random...

Top Bottom