• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change one thing about Ness so he could stay more canon...

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
What would you change?

I would change his B moves animations so that they could be the actual PSI moves he used in EB....

Maybe PSI Telport for up b or something....(And it would probably work like Mewtwo's up b)
His down b could probably stay the same but be renamed life up a even though the effect is not really the same...
His PK Flash would stay the same(Obviously....)
I dunno what he can use for side b though, I'm still trying to beat EB.......

What could his FS be? PSI Rockin?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Freakin get rid of psi magnet.

Crappy move+ Not cool.

Give me psi paralysis + an overpowered B move.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Psi rockin Omega =D It would hit the entire screen with a flashy 2D animation, much like the one from the game! Yea i'd love that.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
PSI Magnet could be Shield Beta, it could work as some kind of counter. I don't have a good idea on the exact mechanics yet... maybe it could defend him from half the knockback/damage and return the other half to the attacker. Not exactly what it does in the game but fun

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
He should be using the bat like Marth uses his sword. He hardly used and offensive PSI in EB, and abolutely NO kick or punches (unless you really wanted to equip Ness with nothing at all...).

Or give him Shield beta which covers him, allows him to move and attack, and reflects damage back at the enemy for a limited amount of time while still sustaining half the damage.

Paralysis/hypnosis would suck. Look how far disable for Mewtwo and Jiggs sing got them. Exactly. If he has to get one, make it good like a buffed version of DKs headbutt or ZSS's stun gun.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Those moves would be a whole lot better if they were Frame one startup and don't lag though. It really depends on how it's developed.

Probably change PKT to Paralysis with the mechanics of PKT (it really is like that already if you were to exclude the head ;)). Or change PK Fire to Paralysis with the mechanics of PK Fire (without the DI'ing). PSI magnet is fine, just give it a better wind effect and we're set. Unless you really want the shield.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PK Fire transition to paralysis sounds good. No more DIing out easily.
Shield beta is broken in my aspects. I want it. Yum.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
If he had hypnosis, he would be broken then, like more potent then Mewtwo or Jigglypuff's sleep indusing moves and had time to do a tipper smash afterwards. Except it would be as little chance of it working as Game/Watch's 9 Judgement hammer. If it didnt work, Ness could get punished. Like if you missed jigg's rest. That could be an acceptable balance wouldnt it?

_clinton

Smash Master
I've done this before...

Normal B=PK Rockin
Side B=Paralysis
Up B=PK Flash
Down B=Power Shield
FS=Teleport Assistance

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
well, i've gotta say this

Make his bair like lucas but without the meteor effect.( gotta say when i saw a vid of swapped movesets, he looked pretty cool using it.

five him back the *keeyornik* sounds his moves made in melee
give his bat back the original ping sound
give the psi magnet wind better reach. (like toon links when he does his dair)
give back his twin psi bolts on his fingers when casting pk fire. (if you look carefully, you'll se he only has one now)
make pk flash just as big as it was in melee, but with brawl's speed.
add more sparks to his moves, like ftilt, but make it's spark random.
(like when it hits, either a shock, a burn, or a mini flash)

and definetly make his fs Psi Rockin Omega (psi not pk. it just sounds better) make it a mix of beta with the starting shots dragging enemies in towards him that come in from both directions then pulse out with a beam as large as luigi's fs.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It actually should be PK. Any offensive PSI is called PK. Nothing should have PSI in front of it at all because PSI is just the general term for being able to use Psionics. The only moves that have PSI in front of them are PSI Magnet and PSI shield because they actually have effects on opponent PSI.

I hear its been proven that Brawl Flash is just as big as Melee's, but the animation may be misleading you. The fact that it lasts much less longer may also be misleading you.

I pictured PK Rockin' in my head. The move locates itself above Ness with huge range, and Ness has to move around to land it. Just like the animation from EB, 2 pollygons would appear far away from Ness and a little above him. If he stood in the middle of Luigi's mansion, the pollygons would reach the second floor pillars. Then they start spiralling inwards. Anything that touches the pollygons as they spiral in gets sucked in heavily (think MK's tornado, and no DI) and spirals inwards with it, taking damage as they go in. Then when the pollygons center themselves over Ness' head, BOOM! The explosion has a good radius also.

I focus on unimportant things...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Replace PSI Magnet with PSI Shield.
It'll work just like Fox Reflector.

Heck, PSI Magnet in Brawl looks like a shield.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hmmm

Neutral B= PK Rockin. Charges automatically. (like rob`s laser) Weak charge= shoot a small blast foward (from hands in the rock fingers shape ;D) Normal Charge(45 secs) =spray type blast that goes across FD before dissapering. Starts off concentrated and small and strong (like smaus`s charge shot but smaller) and spreads upwards and wonwards, hitting higher and lower but lessing damage as it goes on. Full Charge:(2 mins) A giant blast that has the ko power and range of warios mid fart but looks cooler and can be aimed in any direction excpet diagnolly, very bad end lag.

Side B=stays PK Flash. However, now it starts off as a small ball that moves around quick and does weak damage but starts to get slower and mor epowerful as you hold it down. It also sarts off in front of you like Din`s fire.

Up B=PK Teleport. Ness runs in place for a wuick second, then you input the direction you want him to go to. he runs into a portal. (the time is a little more than fox`s fire and can be aimed like fox`s fire) he then reappers in the direction you wanted him, and shakes himself off like his entrance. Good range and versatility are set off by bad start and end lag.

Down B =PSI Shield, like mirror shield but comes out faster. and doesnt flip people.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
NURRRRR

Ness doesnt have PSI Shield! It's JUST Shield, or shield beta if you wanna make it sound cool.

_clinton

Smash Master
I guess it is time to explain my ideas...

Normal Special-PK Rockin=Ness throws a wave of energy into the air, and then another. They then form together into a glowing ball of blue and red energy waves that is about 1.5 platforms up. The energy then can be unleashed there and a blast will fall down to where Ness is and do overall a small amount of damage with low knock back. However if you let the energy ball fall down the blast will fly upwards the more it falls down, the lowest point where you can release the blast is one platform of range from where you start the move. The blast of energy will fly up about 2 platforms total. Overall the final product of the move can KO very well and does a ton of damage.

Side Special-Paralysis=Ness throws a ball of energy forward, the ball can be aimed in an 70 or 30 degree arc as well. In the air the ball of energy is always thrown in a 30 degree arc.
Anyway after a set distance if the ball doesn't hit something or it hits something like the ground or a wall it will blow up and a somewhat small field of energy will come out of it that can stun a foe somewhat and add damage the longer they stay in the energy field. This energy field is about the size of Kirby. However if the foe hits something that can be damaged (Things like Wario's bike would count) the field of energy that stuns somewhat will be about 1.5x that of Ness' length and about 1.5x that of Ness' total height, overall it is harder to get out of.

Up Special-PK Flash=Ness throws a small ball of light into the air, you can control this light. If you hit something with the light a burst of energy will go off and the foe's will be knocked into the air and their control pad will be messed up for a second (right is left, Down is up, you know that), the move will end right there naturally. However if you move the ball of energy into Ness. The energy will explode on Ness and you'll see 4 after images of Ness moving in the direction at which you hit Ness. When the lights end Ness will appear outside of that area, if he is in the air he will be in free fall animation, the move can kill, and if a foe gets hit by an image that image will stop there, however their controls will be messed up as well.

Down Special-Power Shield=Ness puts his hands over his head and a blue ball of energy covers his body, if any energy based attacks hit Ness when he has this shield up won't move Ness at all in fact Ness will heal off the damage with Life-up and more based off what the attack would have done. This move has 2 extra effects when he is putting the shield up for the 1st second hitting him is like hitting a brick wall fist 1st...you just don't want to do it so the foe will take "Knock Back damage" in that they will fall on their *** when they do it. The move has an auto cancel trick as well and it also if you turn the shield off normally their is a small push back effect.

Final Smash-Assistance=Ness teleports off of the screen for a second, if someone is in Ness' path when he does this the move ends with him being open. However if he gets going he'll show up with Paula, Jeff, and Poo and they will do 1 of 3 possible moves to the field. Also his reopening into the battle is able to hurt stuff.

Paula
PK Fire Omega (We've seen this pic ^_^)
PK Freeze Omega (A bunch of snowflakes appear in 4 set areas around Paula)
Offense Up Omega (Paula powers up everyone on the team)

Jeff
Bottle Rockets (What the AT is already)
Hungry HP Sucker (Steals the foe's health and gives it to Ness about 50% can be added to a foe and taken off of Ness)
Shield Killer (Anyone caught blocking, dodging, or in any special frames will be open for a beating)

Poo
PK Starstorm (What Ness' FS is already)
PK Thunder Omega (Think Pika's Thunder only larger and done in 4 random areas)
Mirror (Poo transforms and uses a foes FS)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ness needs to use his bat a lot more, as if it was 'equipped'.

PK Flash needs to be able to break shields and give a flower effect (feeling strange sorta).

Up B- PK Teleport sounds good, but make him dash a few feet first (if used in midair he will look as if he's running in midair), then he will disappear and reappear somewhere nearby (in the direction you input) shooting out of the wormhole thing. Though, if he hits anything initially, before he disappears such as another person or even the stage itself, Ness "crashes", and his charred body will drop. If it was an attack that stopped the dash I assumed it should still be gimpable in someway. The damaging parts of the attack are Ness exiting the wormhole at high speed (equivalent power to PKT2) and the wormhole thing itself (electrical damage, fairly weak)

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
*conditionally signs for new Ness B moves* Condition: Paula being put in and inheriting the B moveset, with Magnet being actually useful.

*B - PSI Paralysis - Ness creates a small electrical field from his hand. Anybody caught in it is paralyzed.
*Side B - PSI Rockin' - telegraphs, but hits opponents in a good horizontal and vertical range to make up for it.
*Up B - PSI Flash - as clinton suggested. I hope it would turn out good.
*Down B - PSI Shield - creates a 15 second shield that reduces damage to Ness, indicated by a flashing outline. If charged up by holding B, then every time he's hit, the shield will also cause an explosion (radius equal to the length of Battlefield's smaller platforms) that deals backlashing damage (but not KB) at half the attack's damage, and the outline will flash faster.

_clinton

Smash Master
What is wrong with changing Ness' B moveset to different names and changing the moves a bit?

I mean Flash's (Rockin) blast is just changed so that it covers the area a bit more
PK Fire (Paralysis) can be aimed now in 3 ways and even if you miss you still might hit
PK Thunder (Flash) Just adds a status effect of reversing the controls for a bit (making it somewhat risky to edge guard in the end)
PSI Magnet (Power Shield) just adds a defensive hit box to the start of the move...

Lizard

Smash Ace
Good idea on the thread, its cool to imagine what could have been.

But am i the only Ness players that is completely happy with his moveset?

I like him how he is :(

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I actually like what _Clinton did, since he just basically made Ness more canon and buffed him.

While keeping his aerials still godly, I would change their animations to look more bat oriented.

thesage that was cool. Yo-yo grapple ftw.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
My design ideas go with this:

*B (Paralysis) - this would be defensive. It would punish anybody who fights Ness without any degree of strategy.
*Side B (Rockin') - Ness would use this to nuke people at a far distance. However, he wouldn't be able to use this to shake off opponents who are at medium or close range because of the high startup time.
*Down B (Shield) - the shield would be used to discourage keeping away from Ness too much. Especially with the chargeup causing the backlash explosions that cause the attacker to take damage just like with the upgraded Shield in Earthbound.

I hope these wouldn't make Ness too powerful. I'm just wanting to make sure he would be a magic knight-build character just like he is in EB.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I'd change:

Side B: PSI Paralysis- Same range as PK Fire, but with the lag (lol, only slight starting lag) and stun of Zamus' Dsmash. :B

Other than that, Ness is just too good.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I would rather change Ness's stuff to more canon moves. (Of course, its conditional in that Paula is added and she gets Ness's B moves.) And I originally wanted to go with LifeUp as the Down B, but Shield works better.

Oh, as for a Final Smash? How about the Sound Stone, which would temporarily fill Ness with the power of the 8 Sanctuaries and make *ALL* of his abilities better?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Oh, as for a Final Smash? How about the Sound Stone, which would temporarily fill Ness with the power of the 8 Sanctuaries and make *ALL* of his abilities better?
That would be nice. :chuckle:
Or how about he eats a Sudden Guts Pill and all of his A moves are powered up?

Speaking of which, do you think SMMMMAAAAASSHHH!!!! should be a game mechanic? Every time you land a charged up smash attack, there's a small chance that it will be a SMMAAAASSSHHH!!!! and it'll have 1.5x the power and knockback. :)

Top Bottom