• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Add Two More Characters To Smash 4, Who Would It Be?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
:wolf: is priority No.1. We never should've lost him.

I'd take any one of these as the other character (all would be nice though):

Paper Mario (with moves based on various TTYD attacks)

Dark Samus (I think she's currently more viable than Ridley)

Krystal (her staff has loads of potential)

Simon Belmont (heavily prefer him over :snake:)

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I was hoping for Yoshimitsu from announcement but honestly, at this point, I'd just like to see some Brawl characters return.

Wolf, mostly, but I also really really liked Iysaur, so they'd probably be my two picks. (That said, RIP Ice Climbers, Snake and Squirtle.)

That also said, if I had to choose newcomers, then yeah, Yoshimitsu, and/or Brittany/Charlie from Pikmin 3, but they'd probably just end up as Oli alts like Alph.

I would also say Erdrick (Roto/Loto) for a DQ representative but no-one likes Dragon Quest I don't know if they're particularly that well known.

SwedenIKEA

Smash Rookie
I'm in love with Ice Climber's so obviously I would pick Popo as my first pick and Nana as my second jk I would actually pick Ice Climber as number 1 and Paper Mario as number 2:)

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I agree with Snake and Wolf, but I'm not nearly a big enough fan of Nintendo to really call out anyone I'd actually like to see as new fighters. Alph was supposed to be a new fighter so I guess him as a clone would be nice, make more people play him and Olimar, if only to see how different they are from one-another.
Part of the appeal to Smash, to me at least, is to see who and what Nintendo can find in their past present and future to bring to the table, to teach people like me about new franchises and settings. I got into Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pikmin, and Kirby thanks to Smash and I feel like it's ultimately Nintendo's choice to add the characters they see would be interesting fighters.
Does that mean an overabundance of Fire Emblem, Zelda, and Mario characters? Well so be it if it means I can see more fighters like Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Snake, and Lucas.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
Tough choice, 2 that come to mind are toon ganon and bringing back snake. If we were talking any characters though including non nintendo then dante from dmc3 and snake.

QuantumCheese

Smash Rookie
Waluigi, and bring back Snake

If you think Ridley should be a playable character, you're asinine.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If you think Ridley should be a playable character, you're asinine.
Careful now, there are some Ridley fans who can get......touchy about this.

Anyway, I can't say I care much about him, but he has legions of fans for one reason or another (he is one of the main big bads of Metroid after all). He seems to be in a peculiar position right now, what with Sakurai opting out of implementing him as a character because he was unsure of Ridley's potential performance or maintaining his usual "presence" as a playable character.

Part of the reason why I side with Dark Samus, actually. She doesn't have any of the potential issues that Ridley has. Hell, the Assist Trophy already gives us a taste of how she would play in Smash. Maybe with a stroke of luck in the future (assuming there would be a future Smash) she would get the Mac treatment and be made into a full on playable character.

Ikossb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ikoite
Defiantly would bring snake back, miss that guy.
And for my other choice it would be Sora, Kingdom Hearts hype

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Isaac and Inkling. I've said it before, and I'll say it again here.
Both have amazing moveset potential and represent prominent Nintendo franchises that are barely even acknowledged in Smash 4.
Golden Sun's references are two songs hidden within the songlists for Norfair and Palutena's Temple. At least Inkling got a trophy and a Mii costume.
btw @below post Golden Sun is as Nintendo as Xenoblade and Bayonetta, I don't see the issue...

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Isaac and Inkling. I've said it before, and I'll say it again here.
Both have amazing moveset potential and represent prominent Nintendo franchises that are barely even acknowledged in Smash 4.
Golden Sun's references are two songs hidden within the songlists for Norfair and Palutena's Temple. At least Inkling got a trophy and a Mii costume.
Golden Sun =/= Nintendo
Splatoon =/= prominent franchise (maybe prominent, but 1 game hardly comprises a franchise)

For me, Paper Mario and Captain Toad.

Thunda.

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThundaXx
3DS FC
2810-1060-0127
Id go inkling or bomberman, not both since i believe they would have similar playing styles. Id rather have bomberman over inkling but with splatoons big success its currently a more recognizable character to the newer audiences

my second pick would be :ivysaur:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
btw @below post Golden Sun is as Nintendo as Xenoblade and Bayonetta, I don't see the issue...
Bayonetta =/= Nintendo
Bayonetta was developed by Platinum Games and Sega, and published by Sega on all consoles besides Wii U, but published by Nintendo on the Wii U.

Xenoblade was developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo. Monolith Soft is a subsidiary of Nintendo. Thus, Nintendo owns Xenoblade, but Xenoblade may be considered more of a second-party, rather than a first-party series, similarly to the Pokemon or Donkey Kong Country series. ALSO NOTE: Nintendo owns more of the IP of Xenoblade than of Pokemon.

Now, comparing to Golden Sun, Camelot is the developer and is not owned by Nintendo. Nintendo is the publisher, but Nintendo also publishes many 3rd-party games on their consoles (Golden Sun has never been released on a non-Nintendo console), including games for Sega, Capcom, and Disney.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Ok, you got my point there. And there is no issue with Isaac being in the game "because Nintendo didn't make him". After all, the same company that made Isaac made Waluigi. Look it up, I'm not kidding. The real issue with Golden Sun not being in Smash is that there hasn't been a Golden Sun game since 2010. Come on, Camelot, either sell the franchise to another developer or just close the storyline yourself!

Last edited:

Ulk

Smash Cadet
I personally think bringing vets back in scenarios like these is a total waste. You get to choose two characters which could have their one and only chance to ever be featured in a Smash title and waste it on characters who already have been and always will be in an existing Smash title. I'd definitely not bring any vet back. Too much of a waste.

Now I know in a real scenario this is a different case. In reality, one character doesn't equal one character. Vets are easier to make since they already have a (theoretical) concept from previous games, so they take less effort and time to be made. Especially when they're a form of semi-clones like Roy, Lucas or Wolf. So when they bring back vets, that does not mean they could have used that time to actually make an entirely new and unique character instead. But in a fictional scenario like this where one character does in fact always equal one character, I don't endorse wasteful thinking like that.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I personally think bringing vets back in scenarios like these is a total waste. You get to choose two characters which could have their one and only chance to ever be featured in a Smash title and waste it on characters who already have been and always will be in an existing Smash title. I'd definitely not bring any vet back. Too much of a waste.

Now I know in a real scenario this is a different case. In reality, one character doesn't equal one character. Vets are easier to make since they already have a (theoretical) concept from previous games, so they take less effort and time to be made. Especially when they're a form of semi-clones like Roy, Lucas or Wolf. So when they bring back vets, that does not mean they could have used that time to actually make an entirely new and unique character instead. But in a fictional scenario like this where one character does in fact always equal one character, I don't endorse wasteful thinking like that.
It's unfair to say that slot would be a waste... Honestly, seeing how characters play between games is always part of the excitement for me. Sure we'd know what moves Wolf would probably have, but how would they behave now? Would they actually change anything? I mean, mechanically, they'd probably have to. It's interesting to think about, and to want to see that come to life is actually not a horrible idea.

You can't even call bringing vets back lazy on the creator's behalf because some already returned characters basically got a complete overhaul in their play style and I think that's the main thing that counts - they think about how the character will play. I'm sure they'd at least consider the same for theoretical future returning characters since they've proved before they basically would, so it's not like they just "durr, me copy/paste Wolf from Brawl" - no, there'd still be a decent amount of work involved. Just less at a strictly visual stage. -which is honestly fine to me.

I get your point though. Wanting to see only brand new characters added at this point obviously isn't a horrible thing, and in the case of vets returning, as proved by PM, fans can do that pretty faithfully with mods if based on how they felt in previous games if the effort is expended. But I dunno, it's not horrible to want an official recreation of your favourites from previous titles so I say let people "waste" their theoretical 2 slots on vets. What comes out could be way more hype than what you expect.

I know I'd at least use one of my theoretical character slots for Wolf since I enjoyed all the Brawl spacies(!!) and I don't feel I've found a (at least spiritual) successor for Wolf yet, whereas I feel I have for Brawl Fox and Falco.

Also: Can you imagine what it was like being an Ice Climber main since melee who wants to get into Smash 4? Of course you'd want ICs back! It's all a total matter of personal taste.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
It's unfair to say that slot would be a waste... Honestly, seeing how characters play between games is always part of the excitement for me. Sure we'd know what moves Wolf would probably have, but how would they behave now? Would they actually change anything? I mean, mechanically, they'd probably have to. It's interesting to think about, and to want to see that come to life is actually not a horrible idea.

You can't even call bringing vets back lazy on the creator's behalf because some already returned characters basically got a complete overhaul in their play style and I think that's the main thing that counts - they think about how the character will play. I'm sure they'd at least consider the same for theoretical future returning characters since they've proved before they basically would, so it's not like they just "durr, me copy/paste Wolf from Brawl" - no, there'd still be a decent amount of work involved. Just less at a strictly visual stage. -which is honestly fine to me.

I get your point though. Wanting to see only brand new characters added at this point obviously isn't a horrible thing, and in the case of vets returning, as proved by PM, fans can do that pretty faithfully with mods if based on how they felt in previous games if the effort is expended. But I dunno, it's not horrible to want an official recreation of your favourites from previous titles so I say let people "waste" their theoretical 2 slots on vets. What comes out could be way more hype than what you expect.

I know I'd at least use one of my theoretical character slots for Wolf since I enjoyed all the Brawl spacies(!!) and I don't feel I've found a (at least spiritual) successor for Wolf yet, whereas I feel I have for Brawl Fox and Falco.

Also: Can you imagine what it was like being an Ice Climber main since melee who wants to get into Smash 4? Of course you'd want ICs back! It's all a total matter of personal taste.
I'm not saying we wouldn't be getting anything new or that the creators wouldn't put any further effort into the characters. That's why I said that only the theoretical concept would already be existent. But considering we give up the opportunity to get something we possibly never get to see in a Smash Bros game for something that we have already seen in Smash, it's a waste provided one character does equal one character, which is of course not the case in reality. Sure, playstyles change, they get new models, you name it, but for the price of something that we have never gotten in any form before. We get something new even if a vet returns, but the entire set is new if we get an actually new character. In any case, that's objectively speaking a waste. Subjectively speaking factors like popularity would of course also play a role, which is why for example I would also not prefer a new character over Bayonetta for the next Smash title.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I'm not saying we wouldn't be getting anything new or that the creators wouldn't put any further effort into the characters. That's why I said that only the theoretical concept would already be existent. But considering we give up the opportunity to get something we possibly never get to see in a Smash Bros game for something that we have already seen in Smash, it's a waste provided one character does equal one character, which is of course not the case in reality. Sure, playstyles change, they get new models, you name it, but for the price of something that we have never gotten in any form before. We get something new even if a vet returns, but the entire set is new if we get an actually new character. In any case, that's objectively speaking a waste. Subjectively speaking factors like popularity would of course also play a role, which is why for example I would also not prefer a new character over Bayonetta for the next Smash title.
Oh, of course. I understand that completely. But my point is that what you consider a waste of a potentially new character, others will view as a return of a favored one. It's completely about perspective. -and while I can understand and respect both views, honestly, bringing vets back is my first priority unless I really want to see a character in Smash (Which I kinda do, but I still want to see Wolf return first - and while I was considering it I really enjoyed Ivysaur too so I considered them returning as well.).

I could even argue that not bringing back a character is a waste - because again, it's basically opinion. "All that design they did in the previous game, and they're not even going to bring that character back?", "Why would they not bring back a loved character? Seems wasteful to cut characters out when they could theoretically still be in the game.", etc. I'm pretty sure this is what eventually happened with Roy/Mewtwo. They probably caved in to demands for those vets to return all the way from the Brawl days. -and I personally think that's fine. I'm sure Roy/M2 loyalists are still happy about that.

That said, the inverse probably also happened with Cloud, what with all the jokes in the Brawl days about Cloud being in the game and whatever. So ultimately it's down to supply and demand and people are actively demanding some vets to return. -so I just feel you can't call it a waste when there's demand there. Which, of course, I'm sure people also feel for potential new characters like Shantae and K.Rool who were considered but never made the cut for some reason.

So yeah, I absolutely get your point. There's "more potential" in a total newcomer, absolutely, and you could argue a vet would be a "waste" of that character slot because the potential doesn't get realised, that's totally agreeable. But if someone had to choose between a total newcomer and a vet returning, it would totally depend on 1) Who the characters are 2) Who you ask.

...Again, to agree to the cause for newcomers (To show I'm not just being argumentative and that I totally understand your point. lol), I personally am still slightly salty Yoshimitsu - my personal newcomer pick - never made the cut. When I heard Namco were developing Smash 4 ages ago, I thought he'd be a perfect fit since he's already been in 2 fighting series and I just love the character. Though, what I will say is that I just don't feel like any character replaced him - the demand was just not there - so that's why I can't realistically care too much.

Now to add credibility to making a vet return so I hope I can at least convince you it wouldn't be a total waste - Wolf is just... Well, I dunno what fair excuse for Wolf not returning they could have at this point. So of course I'm more salty about that when I personally loved playing Wolf in Brawl. I feel like I've missed something from the previous game and that's kind of irked me. lol

So yeah, again - ultimately - personal perspective, but I don't mean to devalue your reasoning at all!

(To finally also add: It's kind of why I split my original post in this thread the way I did and ended up saying more than 2 characters. Because I honestly think bringing back a vet compared to bringing in a new character is just too different to fairly compare without bringing up an extra level of opinion. I just want to stick to my veteran preference. :p)

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Ok, you got my point there. And there is no issue with Isaac being in the game "because Nintendo didn't make him". After all, the same company that made Isaac made Waluigi. Look it up, I'm not kidding. The real issue with Golden Sun not being in Smash is that there hasn't been a Golden Sun game since 2010. Come on, Camelot, either sell the franchise to another developer or just close the storyline yourself!
Yes, Camelot made Waluigi, but Rareware created Diddy Kong. Creator =/= owner.

Although I do find it a bit odd that Golden Sun's only references in Smash 4 were music, after having an assist trophy in Brawl.

Erucidator

Smash Rookie
Shantae and Inkling. I feel they satisfy the requirements for Smash Bros.

There are a lot of characters I'd like to see but see them as unreasonable for now. If I could, I'd also add Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Marche, Devil Survivor's Protagonist (As an actual summon character), Amaterasu, and Dark Samus.

TowerLight

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool: He'd have an amazing move set. He could kripple with his kannonballs or krush the competition with his kremlings and waaay more stuff.
Ridley: make him bigger than bowser and give him a good air game and a trash ground game and I'd main him for funsies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy and Isaac. Both represent series that are some of the biggest omissions from Smash Bros and two characters with limitless moveset potential.

More so Andy because Wars/Advance Wars is a series that's been going since 1988 (longer than 80-90% of all Nintendo series in Smash Bros) and you would think that a series with 12 installments on 8 different Nintendo platforms would have a playable character by now.

I really wish sometimes that Sakurai loved AW the same way he does FE (half joking here).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My two picks:

1) Professor Layton - He has very strong ties with Nintendo, as shown by how popular his series has become on Nintendo's portable gaming scene. He has also some ridiculously fun and unique moveset potential. In addition to his fencing skills, he can use gadgets he crafted in the past such as the Coin Slot Machine Gun, the Fossil Glider, the Globe Flyer, the Stone Catapult, etc. He can also use the magnifying glass and hint coins against his foes, or he could even use puzzle elements such as the blocks from those "sliding puzzles", various cards, etc. As Mr. Game and Watch uses various moves from the Game and Watch series and Wario's moves reference the Warioware series, Layton's moveset would use elements from all the puzzles he solved in the series. Professor Layton would basically be the perfect puzzle game rep! He would also do a great job representing Level 5. After all, Layton was responsible for helping Level 5 come into the public eye.

2) Gallade - This one is more of a biased pick since he's my favorite Pokemon. I think he'd be a really fun fighter thanks to those arm blades, something that Smash Bros lacks. I can also envision him being a true dual-wield compared to Pit considering Gallade's blades are more like swords and less like knives. Throw in some psychic powers like teleportation and mind reading into the mix, and you got one fun fighter. I also think he'd do a decent job representing Ruby/Sapphire, more specifically the remakes where he has a prominent role as Wally's ace Pokemon. I envision Gallade doing a good job representing the "modern Hoenn" that the remakes did to the region.

For a less biased pick, I would remove Gallade and give that second slot to either Wolf or Bandana Dee. Even if he was a last minute addition in Brawl, Wolf just feels like the last realistic veteran to return for Smash 4 due to the popularity he has; he even has a pretty fun moveset which feels different from Fox and Falco. As for Bandana Dee, he has pretty much become the 4th most important character to the Kirby series, making an appearance in almost every Kirby game since his debut. He also the perfect moveset already thanks to Return to Dreamland, and having a spear fighter would be a great addition to the cast.

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
What about Assist Trophies? Or is there another thread for that?
The Titan Dweevil or Man at Legs from Pikmin 2 might be interesting assists, given the bosses' incredible power in their home game.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'll go all-out on this, why the hell not?

Ridley - A fast, powerful fighter who has one of the best combo games in Smash. Pretty lightweight for his large size, but has one of the best recoveries in the game to compensate. Specializes in close-quarters combat, with projectiles to compliment zoning. Final Smash is a transformation into Varia Ridley, which doubles his speed, power and weight for around the same time as Wario-Man.

King K.Rool - Although decently quick, specializes more in zoning and projectile play then in raw power. Around the same weight as Bowser, give or take a couple of points, and has a pretty good recovery for a super-heavyweight. Final Smash is similar to Luigi's, but is more powerful and inflicts burn or freeze damage at random.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
When it comes to newcomers:

Chrom: Being the main protagonist of the game that saved the Fire Emblem franchise and made it a house-hold name in the Nintendo camp should have garnered him a spot in Smash 4, but unfortunately nope. Chrom has more moveset potential then one thinks and Project X Zone 2 shows this: Chrom can use his Falchion or can switch between it and lances if he wants and can have one of the stronger mid-range games in the whole game. His attributes can be around the middle when it comes to the Fire Emblem crew: heavier and stronger yet slower then Marth, faster yet lighter and weaker then Ike. Chrom has massive potential to be a really good addition, but unfortunately people don't see it that way.

Inklings: Do i even need to say why they would be a good choice for Smash Bros? Splatoon was a massive success and now that it's getting a game on the Switch should solidify their chances for the next Smash Bros or maybe a port of Smash 4. The Inklings would basically focus on a camping based style of play while having decent mobility.

Honorable mentions: Ghirahim, Layton, Shovel Knight

When it comes to veterans:

Snake: This guy has absolutely no reason to not be here, but due to Konami being......Konami, we couldn't get him, despite the fact that there was nothing that could stop him from getting to Smash 4. I really hope he comes back. Snake is a part of Smash history for being the first 3rd party character to ever be introduced to the series and it's a shame that he can't be with the rest of his peers in the latest entry.

Wolf: I was genuinely shocked when Bayo won the ballot instead of Wolf. With Star Fox Zero being released, you'd think he'd be a shoe in, but i guess that's what happens when you expect predictable things when Sakurai is involved :laugh:. Star Fox lost a rep and Wolf had no reason to be cut. He was a really cool character in Brawl and it was a shame to see him go.

In order:

1. Snake
2. Chrom
3. Inklings
4. Wolf

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
I would love to add Inklings and Maxwell (From Scribblenauts). Both have potential for really cool and unique movesets.

Troykv

Smash Master
If I would add two caracters...

The options are Micaiah (my biggest Smash Bros Dream, awesome potential, a really nice design and my favorite videogame character) and Bandana Dee (His presence complete the Kirby's Main Crew, one of my favorite franchises and cute character)

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I would love to add Inklings and Maxwell (From Scribblenauts). Both have potential for really cool and unique movesets.
I really don't understand how the inklings didn't get in. They just seem custom built for smash what with their unusual movements, variety of weapons, and shockingly impressive lore. At least the Mii costume looks good, I suppose.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Warioland Wario.

That's my ultimate dream. Apart from that, I have multiple characters I'd like to see, but I couldn't narrow it down to to just one. So many of them cross my mind with how cool they'd be. Lip from Panel de Pon, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Snake, Klonoa, Crash Bandicoot, Funky Kong... Mona from Warioware, oh that'd be nice. Banjo too. So many choices, I can't pick one. I'm slightly inclined to go with Lip but I'm not sure..

But Wario with a completely reworked moveset based on Wario Land, and a slightly larger build than his current incarnation, would be my number one pick. I would main him all the time...

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Warioland Wario.

That's my ultimate dream. Apart from that, I have multiple characters I'd like to see, but I couldn't narrow it down to to just one. So many of them cross my mind with how cool they'd be. Lip from Panel de Pon, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Snake, Klonoa, Crash Bandicoot, Funky Kong... Mona from Warioware, oh that'd be nice. Banjo too. So many choices, I can't pick one. I'm slightly inclined to go with Lip but I'm not sure..

But Wario with a completely reworked moveset based on Wario Land, and a slightly larger build than his current incarnation, would be my number one pick. I would main him all the time...
You know, I'm sure most people would frown upon this idea, but a "Classic Wario" would be cool IMO. They're almost two seperate characters at this point so I don't see why not at all. Plus, Wario has so much potential for moves that are inspired by earlier games that it seems weird they ignored it for Smash.

I get the feeling they're trying to remove themselves from that image, but honestly, Wario platformers are some of the most fun games I've played in a long time so I see no reason why they want to. Splitting them off as two different characters would be a great way to keep the current Wario image while still paying homage to the days of things like Dragon Wario and his shoulder charge that have 0 call-outs in Smash anymore.

So yeah... Classic Wario. We have 2 Marios, Links and Samuses(Samusi? lol), why not Wario?

PsychoJosh

You know, I'm sure most people would frown upon this idea, but a "Classic Wario" would be cool IMO. They're almost two seperate characters at this point so I don't see why not at all. Plus, Wario has so much potential for moves that are inspired by earlier games that it seems weird they ignored it for Smash.

I get the feeling they're trying to remove themselves from that image, but honestly, Wario platformers are some of the most fun games I've played in a long time so I see no reason why they want to. Splitting them off as two different characters would be a great way to keep the current Wario image while still paying homage to the days of things like Dragon Wario and his shoulder charge that have 0 call-outs in Smash anymore.

So yeah... Classic Wario. We have 2 Marios, Links and Samuses(Samusi? lol), why not Wario?
I even thought up how he'd play some time ago. Ideally he'd have a hat switching move as his down+B where he puts on a different hat that alters his side+B and his statistics.

He'd have four different hats - Standard Hat, Bull Hat, Eagle Hat and Dragon Hat. With the Standard Hat his side+B is the super headrush move from Wario Land 4. With the Bull Hat, he becomes heavier and his butt stomp attack creates shockwaves, and his side+B has a shorter range but is more powerful. Eagle Cap allows him to do his shoulder rush attack in the air, and lets him jump higher. And the Dragon Hat allows him to blow flames while moving.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's Sakurai just not preferring classic Wario, simply.

The biggest issue at best(besides Sakurai wanting to do it, or whoever the developer is) is giving him a proper name. Dr. Mario is separated enough as a character by his own game's name. Zero Suit Samus is pretty blatant and still works as a name. Wario and Biker Wario? The thing is he's not just a Biker in this case. It doesn't explain his genre at all. I love the idea, though.

PsychoJosh

I'd just replace the current Wario completely. All of his moves as "Biker Wario" are just completely gimmicky, out of place and worthless and can all be replaced with something better that actually pays proper respect to his source material.

If people are that attached to farting on people I'd just make his fart a taunt that does a ridiculous amount of damage and knockback but has a really tiny hitbox and a super long startup time.

Last edited:

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
I would want Wolf and another F-Zero character like Samurai Goroh or Jody Summer.

Last edited:
In a perfect world where legal red tape and technical limitations don't exist, I'd love to see Snake and Ice Climbers restored. :starman:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I'd just replace the current Wario completely. All of his moves as "Biker Wario" are just completely gimmicky, out of place and worthless and can all be replaced with something better that actually pays proper respect to his source material.

If people are that attached to farting on people I'd just make his fart a taunt that does a ridiculous amount of damage and knockback but has a really tiny hitbox and a super long startup time.
I think Wario's current moveset is actually kind of in character for Wario. A lot of his moves are less graceful replications of Mario moves and I think that fits him fine, but what I don't understand is that they're trying so hard to get away from him having his own set of unique abilities and it's really unflattering for him as a character.

It's Sakurai just not preferring classic Wario, simply.

The biggest issue at best(besides Sakurai wanting to do it, or whoever the developer is) is giving him a proper name. Dr. Mario is separated enough as a character by his own game's name. Zero Suit Samus is pretty blatant and still works as a name. Wario and Biker Wario? The thing is he's not just a Biker in this case. It doesn't explain his genre at all. I love the idea, though.
This is also unfortunately true. It's ultimately down to Sakurai which Wario he prefers if he just wants the one. It would be slightly awkward to come up with two names for what is effectively two eras of Wario without it seeming kind of weird, too, so I understand why it hasn't happened, as cool as it would be.

That said, I think something like "Classic Wario" or "Retro Wario" for the 'Wario in the Mario-esque get-up' is fine as a name. While it's not exactly snappy, it works well as a descriptor and I think that's good enough... I mean, technically "Zero Suit Samus" and "Dr. Mario" are more like titles than anything since for by all accounts they are still Samus and Mario, so I don't think "Classic Wario" would be horrible by that logic. lol

Top Bottom