• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Add Two More Characters To Smash 4, Who Would It Be?

vertime

Smash Apprentice
Title says it all really.

I was a bit miffed when I saw Bayonetta was in the game. I never really liked the character and I don't like the Bayonetta games at all. I feel as if they were just a watered down, less appealing Devil May Cry with a worse story, having to rely on the whole "oooh amnesia memory loss oooh mystery oooh" which is practically a get out of jail free card for story writers with little creativity. So it got me thinking: If I could add anyone, who would it be?

Personally,
  • Volga from Hyrule Warriors
  • Chun Li from Street Fighter (I know we have Ryu but Chun Li would've been nice too.)
  • Maybe Isaac from Golden Sun
  • Toon Ganondorf from Windwaker because a dual sword wielding mad flipping Ganondorf would've been pretty fantastic. We have Toon Link why not the Ganman?
  • Phantom Ganondorf (Either Windwaker or OoT) because holy hell he's cool.
  • Pig Ganon (Yes I want a lot of Ganons because Ganondorf is probably my favourite character to emerge from the LoZ games)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Not Shovel Knight, that's right I didn't want that guy I wanted Spectre Knight more.
  • Jin from Tekken, there is so much source material*
  • Siegfried Schtauffen/Nightmare from Soul Calibur
And I do believe that's it. Any two from that list together and I'd be sold. Who did you guys want?

If I could change a whole roster however...

<content redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd add Bandana Dee and King K. Rool, one for myself and one for the Smash community as a whole.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If vets, seriously bring back Wolf. Realistically, IC's can't come back due to the 3DS. But that still leaves others. Young Link with a Mask-based gameplay(could be akin to Shulk's gameplay, that is, focusing on moves using it without straight transformations. Corrin is another good example of it working right) and Pichu made better while still keeping its gimmick in some way(since Rage is amazing when you can increase your percentage).

If newcomers, Inklings is soooooo deserving for what they've brought. Dixie and/or K. Rool too. I get that both had poor timing in making it in(the thing is, unlike Wolf, who is easy to make due to his assets being in the game, and at best, would have to ask Nintendo for his new design from Zero..., K. Rool is barely relevant and Dixie actually requires far more effort, since she can only be partially based upon Diddy). Then there's fun ones like Isaac, Takamaru, Fulgore, Agumon...

But since we got two, I'd say Wolf and Agumon as my full choices. Wolf cause he's the most glaring missing vet from Brawl. Agumon because the Bandai portion of Bandai Namco has jack for content and he'd be rather interesting if done right.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
Agumon because the Bandai portion of Bandai Namco has jack for content and he'd be rather interesting if done right.
I used to watch Digimon when I was a kid actually. It'd be cool to see him in the game but I have no idea how/if they'd work in any digivolves. Plus, if they are trying to be canon, Greymon is like WAY bigger than Agumon so I don't know how'd they'd show that other than going from like Olimar size to a-little-bigger-than-D3 size.

I think it'd be hard to crowbar agumon in there, but I think that Wolf would be a great addition.

Goont

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrankingMaster
3DS FC
3024-5691-5601
Switch FC
SW-1032-2125-3356
In a perfect world, I'd love to have Wolf and Krystal added, or any Paper Mario sidekick, but a much more realistic assumption would be the Inkling and Ashley.

Fruitalicious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fruitalicious
ganondorf but canon
waluigi
zelda but good
shiek but not

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I could add two characters, I would add...
-Wolf: I understand that Wolf was a last minute addition and I know that he borrows a lot of different moves from different characters (such as Sheik's fair for his fair, his nair is Sonic's, and his up smash has the same animation as Sonic's for example), but I enjoyed playing as Wolf and he's still a Nintendo all-star. I can't help but feel the roster is kinda incomplete without him.
-Canon Ganondorf: I can do this, right? Ganondorf is my favorite villain and it's just a shame that he's a slower, but more powerful Captain Falcon. I feel like this play style isn't working anymore if his tier list positions in Brawl and 4 are any indication. There is a lot that could be done and a lot that could be added, such as giving him his sword and using magic in his attacks. Ganon has a lot of potential and can be unique, but I don't think he'll reach that for a very long time.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Oh boy, I would want to add more than 2 characters. These are the ones that I can think of at the moment:
-Ephraim (FE8, Sacred Stones) Hector (FE7, Rekka no Ken) Micaiah (FE10, Radiant Dawn) Also being some of my favorite FE characters, they're also unique and would add a lot to Smash that we haven't really seen yet. All the FE characters are sword users. I wish we had more diversity with weapons. Ephraim wields lances, Hector wields axes, and Micaiah has magic (I know Robin has magic, but Micaiah has light magic)
-Vaati (Minish Cap) Vaati is an underrated Zelda villain, and it would be cool to see more Zelda antagonists in Smash.
-Wolf. Kinda sad he didn't return. He was awesome. More Starfox characters would be great.
If I had to choose only 2, it would be Ephraim and Wolf.
Honestly I could go on and on, there are so many more characters that I would love to see in Smash.

Last edited:

HartG21

Smash Cadet
Personally,

I would like
1) Wolf (returning from brawl)
2) Kink K Rool (Donkey Kong Country series)

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
id probably have to bring back snake and ice climbers, but aside from veteran fighters id choose shovel knight and king k rool

Rran

Smash Apprentice
*ctrl+f Ridley*
"0 of 0" results

why :c

But yeah, Ridley would definitely be my numero uno, followed byyyyy... not sure, maybe a certain Kid Icarus: Uprising villain (don't wanna spoil it for those who may not have played it, but for those who have: you know who I'm talking about lol)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
If Nintendo or Mr. Sakurai ala DADDY SAKURAI told me something along the lines of "Choose any 2 characters you want playable in Smash and we'll guarantee you we'll make it happen." I would personally choose these 2.
Roll (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man X)

If we're talking more realistically and I mean A LOT more, my picks would then be...
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Wolf (Star Fox)

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
If Nintendo or Mr. Sakurai ala DADDY SAKURAI told me something along the lines of "Choose any 2 characters you want playable in Smash and we'll guarantee you we'll make it happen." I would personally choose these 2.
Roll (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man X)

If we're talking more realistically and I mean A LOT more, my picks would then be...
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Wolf (Star Fox)
Yoooo I haven't thought about Roll, she would be cool. Probably because I haven't played through a Megaman game in a while

Arrei

Smash Lord
1. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Tales of Symphonia's just about my favorite RPG ever, and the Tales series' combat mechanics lend themselves perfectly to translate to Smash, since it too combines directional inputs with an attack and special button. His normals and specials could all simply be taken from his wide arsenal of attacks and Artes from his home game, such as giving him the Demon Fang projectile for neutral special, Rising Falcon/Phoenix or (Twin) Tiger Blade for up special, Tempest or Sonic Thrust for side special, and Beast for down special. The series' penchant for adding stronger variations of base moves even lend themselves perfectly to Sm4sh's custom moves, as Demon Fang could easily become Double and Fierce Demon Fang, Tempest could become Phi and Omega Tempest, Sonic Thrust could become Super Sonic Thrust and Hurricane Thrust... It's a long shot even with Bandai Namco working on the game, but it was nice to dream...

2. I miss Wolf.

Bowcaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyBlueSheepy
3DS FC
1822-2399-1574
For me it would be Krystal because the staff weilding antics would be good. Someone mentioned Toon Ganon too and HW version of Zelda. I'd also take Midna or Lana. Oh
And Knuckles

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
For Veterans I'd pick Pichu and Ice Climbers.

For Newcomers I'd like Azura and Gardevoir.

D

Deleted member

Biased Version

1. Zael (The Last Story)
2. Simon Belmont

Less Biased Version

1. :wolf: - The only remaining popular veteran without any technical (:popo:) or legal (:snake:) issues in his way. He and the unlikely Snake are also really the only absent veterans that I personally want back at this point.
2. King K. Rool - Probably my most wanted potential first party newcomer that isn't some obscure nobody. He's also been a highly requested character for a while now, so even if I weren't a fan of him, I'd still be happy for his fans.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Wolf (obviously) and Eggman (Tails sucks and Knuckles is irrelevant, plus it's BS that Bowser Jr. got to be the hovercraft character even though Wily and Eggman are known for it and he's only just recently started using one).

legal (:snake:) issues in his way.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Sakurai add in MoCap Norman Reedus with Snake's moveset.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Shantae-just a great character in general who I gotta love.
Master Bison-You know he'd be a heavyweight, and I'm a sucker for heavyweights.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
SF M.Bison? I thought his name was Mike. It used to be Balrog's name and a joke on "Mike Tyson"
Speaking of SF, I want Balrog in Smash. A boxing character that isn't dungypoopoo would be cool.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
SF M.Bison? I thought his name was Mike. It used to be Balrog's name and a joke on "Mike Tyson"
Speaking of SF, I want Balrog in Smash. A boxing character that isn't dungypoopoo would be cool.
It's....complicated. Got changed to Master Bison.
SF wikia says:

When Street Fighter II was localized in the United States,Capcom was afraid of a lawsuit from Mike Tyson over a character (Balrog) with his likeness as well as a similar sounding name (Balrog's Japanese name being Mike Bison). Additionally, when the designers presented the game to Capcom USA's marketing department, they believed that the name Vega was better suited to a weakling. They decided to rotate the names of three of the four boss characters in the following manner:

• The boxer is known as M. Bison in Japan and Balrog in the U.S.
  • The Spanish assassin/matador is known as Balrog in Japan and Vega in the U.S.
  • The evil dictator and head of Shadaloo is known as Vega in Japan and M. Bison in the U.S.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My number one choice is Master Bison from Street Fighter because he's one of the most iconic villains out there, and Smash needs more villains. Plus, he has a smile brighter than my future.

Number two would be a tough choice. I'm stuck between Geno from Mario and Rundas from Metroid.
Master Bison-You know he'd be a heavyweight, and I'm a sucker for heavyweights.
You may just be my favorite person on the planet right now.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
M.Bison with Ganondorf's Moveset would make so much more sense than Ganondorf with Ganondorf's moveset.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is easy: :snake: and :wolf:.

If we're talking newcomers, then...well I got nothing. I really don't care honestly.

Arthur97

Smash Master
As far as veterans go, Wolf is top of the list. Ice Climbers would be nice, but are unlikely until 5 in which case I would settle for a mask based Young Link.

Newcomers, I would like either Dixie or Cranky for one. I'm not sure about another one. If I had to pick a third party, I would pick either Banjo & Kazooie or Lloyd.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
We need more villians.

Dr. Robotnik and King K Rool would be my top 2 choices. Maybe replace K Rool with Dixie Kong since she'd be easier to create. Dr. Robotnik could start with a bowser Jr. skin as his base and go from there so shouldn't be all that hard to create. Dixie could start with a Diddy base obviously. Also the DK series and the Sonic series both deserve more reps. If we are going to have billion fire emblem characters, we should have atleast 3 DK reps and 2 sonic reps. Heck we even have more kid icarus reps than DK and sonic reps, which is nuts.

Also Simon Belmont from Castlevania.

Last edited:

Flatmesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flatmeysa
3DS FC
2191-8449-3854
Chrono from Chrono Trigger and Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid (this will DEFINITELY not happen.)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
If I could pick two more characters?

Vaati: I love the guy, he's got so much potential, and it finally gives Zelda a newcomer as well. It also gives Toon Link his antagonist.

King K. Rool: He's one of the few big names I'm surprised isn't in yet. He's got the popularity and potential. There's not really much I can say that other's haven't.

Top Bottom