• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you can pick any genre of music in the game what would it be?

MeleeMarioDude

Smash Rookie
I'm not a fan of the music in Brawl because, (To me) I think fighting games should have rock music because...YOU'RE BEATING THE **** OUT OF EACHOTHER! (I'll make a rant later about fighting game music) Besides, I think the rock music would get us going, and will want the album even more. (I know there's some rock music in the game, but I'm asking about what genre of music do you want most of in the game pretty much)

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I really like the music in the game but my favourite music has to be either the Animal Crossing music or the F-Zero Music

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i also like the f zero music
and the metal gear solid sondtracks
i love these games!!!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What fighting game has a major rock music track other than Guilty Gear?
And I don't fancy fighting Yoshi as Mario to Suck a Sage.....

Brawl's music is fine, just add some more Nintendo tunes.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Brawl's music is full of win. Who would pick rock music over classic Nintendo tracks? Though I'll grant you, Tane No Uta is not very good for instilling a sense of urgency and bloodlust. Same goes for most of the Pikmin and Smashville music... Not that it's bad, per say, but just that it is a bit silly to fight to. But Brawl has one of the best vg soundtracks out there.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Well I definitely like the music, it just gets a bit old after a few thousand fights lol :embarrass

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Adding Rock music would take away from the whole Nintendo vibe Smash Bros gives off. Not to mention that the tracks are great and are filled with nostalgia =P

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
A song doesn't have to be rock to be a good fight song. Most battle themes would do better as orchestrated tracks but they still rule for fights and stuff.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of the music in Brawl because, (To me) I think fighting games should have rock music because...YOU'RE BEATING THE **** OUT OF EACHOTHER! (I'll make a rant later about fighting game music) Besides, I think the rock music would get us going, and will want the album even more. (I know there's some rock music in the game, but I'm asking about what genre of music do you want most of in the game pretty much)
Rock music is such a gimmick in fighting games, it may appeal to some people but if your a severely talented guitarist such as myself you realise how simple and limited the rock genre is i prefer nintendo zelda'y style music and town tune. And i swear if you want to play the game better listen to your mp3playa while playing!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dude, Easton Kingdom and the 02 remix are rock songs. awesome rock songs, too.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the posts above: all you need is a good beat, a good melody and a good sense of action created and it doesn't matter what genre it is

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I like the way Video game music has been created through Electronica, but my all-time favourite scores have to be from the Orchastral side of things, like in Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64. Nothing gets better than that.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
I think the music in Brawl fits well with the style of the game, although I would like to hear more high-energy and upbeat tunes in some places.

More rock music would remind me too much of Guilty Gear which has a completely different style.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I like rock, but I'd say techno would be good.

MeleeMarioDude

Smash Rookie
GUYS! I DON'T MIND THE MUSIC IN BRAWL I'm just saying that I think it would be better. Besides It would probably be cool to listen to classic Nintendo songs in Rock form. Besides I SAID "I'M NOT A FAN OF THE MUSIC IN BRAWL" That doesn't mean that I don't like it.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Anything epic and somewhat fast-paced will do. When it comes to music from actual games, I only like versions that sound like higher quality recreations of the original, not a remix (especially like the Golden Sun battle theme remix).

I can't stand the music on Yoshi's Island and Smashville...

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I believe that if most of the songs were rock, this game would feel a lot like a "typical" fighter. I love this game because it's unconventional, so I personally prefer that it keep its softer songs.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
For me, I like anything. Like, the rock songs rock, but so do the calmer ones. Like, I like the Animal Crossing stuff. The only thing I hate about the soundtrack is the fact that they took so many Earthbound songs out of it.How dare the evil Sakurai take out Smiles and Tears!!

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Not that I don't like rock (80s rock = THE BEST), but I don't think rock would be the best choice for, say, Peach vs Jigglypuff on Hanenbow for example. Brawl's soundtrack is good (disregarding Ai no Uta and such), but definitately needs moar Mother Music.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
GUYS! I DON'T MIND THE MUSIC IN BRAWL I'm just saying that I think it would be better. Besides It would probably be cool to listen to classic Nintendo songs in Rock form. Besides I SAID "I'M NOT A FAN OF THE MUSIC IN BRAWL" That doesn't mean that I don't like it.
here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMJLMJ2gv1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpU7oSBJWCo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGrbx7XAPbc&feature=related

and ESPECIALLY this one, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KKW3MT-8PU

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the golden song track on norfair, and some others. Like the rest of you, I want something climatic, especially to go along with my texture hacks. But of course I don't want rock. Not saying I'm not a fan of the genre, but I think that rock is already far too mainstream for its own good.

Instrumentals are good too. As long as they give the adrenaline surge that some players need it should be good.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Anything by Koji Kondo is good enough for me.

I don't necessarily prefer a "genre", just something fitting.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Well, you guys probably know this, but if you have an ipod or any audio player that you can hook up AV cables to, then you can have any music.

Step 1.On brawl, turn music off and sound effects all the way up.
Step 2. On your Ipod etc. plug in the AV cable.
Step 3.On your Tv, unplug the WHITE AV cable that comes from the wii.
Step 4. Replace the one you unplugged with the WHITE AV cable connected to your audio player.
Step 5. Play some music on your ipod and it should come out the TV.

On the TV, the order of the cables should be as follows:Yellow from wii, white from audio player, the red from wii.

On you audio player, you may need to plug the cable in the AV out spot. If it doesn't have an AV out label, then use the one there.

Thanks to this, I have all the Lost Tracks!

Tell me if this helps!

Laem

Smash Champion
Corneria on every stage!! :) or maybe smashville music because it got sick lyrics like mepmepmepmuuuup mupmupmupmepmep

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I still say you need more orchastral music. Nice and soothing, and then WHAM, all intense.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Brawl is a fighting game that doesn't really take itself seriously so commence the unfitting music, but it has it's necessary fight worthy tracks.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I hate how all the classic tracks except for maybe Sonic, have been remixed and never in a "better" way, Zelda, Star Fox and F-Zero have all been tainted, Mario too.

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
i think the sound tracks really good...i would only had some metal and hip hop..(real hip hop) not radio garbage rap

Top Bottom