• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
How about we stop arguing? I agree with this guy ^ but we should just vote, not discuss main characters(etc.)

EDIT: I meant Repryx, but I agree with the guy above me too :chuckle:

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Nope Aeris was not the most important character, she was a Key character but the most impertant was definitly cloud as it was a story of his mental fight to return to stability as well as his physical and mental fight against sephiroth.

Krystal was an important Character in Dinosaur planet...I.E the staff and Fox's motivation....but she wasnt the main character

please stop trying to pass Geno as the Main Character or I will say some BS like Kidd was the main Character of Chrono Cross cuz she talked more
Could Mario have repaired the Star Road or would he have just gave all the pieces to his friends or put them under his bed because he would have no idea what they were if Geno would have came along.

pokeman800

Smash Cadet
Either Hyrule or Dreamland... depends on my mood.
372. Driving on your way to the local game store where you've reserved your copy, you look at your gas tank gauge and realize you're about 2 miles from empty, and the game store is at least 5 miles. Searching frantically for your wallet, you realize you don't have any cash, just the receipt showing you've paid full price for Brawl already. Sadly your home is approximately, oh, lets say, 17 miles away, and the game store is about 10 minutes to closing. So you decide to continue driving as far as you can, and the car begins to stutter at two miles, and eventually, stop entirely. You jump out of your car, kick it a few times,
AND THEN THE GAS TANK EXPLODES
lol, lets see here... I know!
373: You drive home after buying it, and everything seems all right, until Chuck Norris (Uh oh, here we go again) jumps in your car, round house kicks you, throws you in the trunk, then drives to a disco to dance with Mr. T. While he's dancing, Sakurai announces that he will destroy all copies off brawl that arent in a wii in an hour so you find a way out and drive home and your just about to put it in your wii when the copy blows up the end

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Alright, alright lets drop the whole "who's the main character" thing. Btw we're (well I'm not) saying Geno is the main character of his game. We're just saying his character was just as important as Mario's.

Now lets just enjoy the rest of the game. (*cough VOTE GENO *cough)

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
Ok this may not be my place to state this....
but whats the POINT of doing this voting thing for who people like them
its not like it make any characters more or less likely to join, sakurai isnt going to learn english in one night and go a foreign website and look through all the topics and think O hes on the top of the list for this american fan made vote thread that has no poll

You dont even get bragging rights if someone you like wins... All that happens is you won some vote out of the millions of forums that will never meet sakurai's eyes

Edit: good point.... AlbelNox

and IsmaR someguy just messaged me to come to this thread and vote now

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
its not like it make any characters more or less likely to join, sakurai isnt going to learn english in one night and go a foreign website and look through all the topics and think O hes on the top of the list for this american fan made vote thread.

You dont even get bragging rights if someone you like wins... All that happens is you won some vote out of the millions of forums that will never meet sakurai's eyes
But it's funny. Really funny. And epic.

RDK

Smash Hero
Fixed

10 Ridleys
How can anyone debate this? The Lvl. 1 Magikarp Splash was the best move in any of the Pokemon games. It was un-dodgeable, and it was a guaranteed KO.

Feebas's might be stronger, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
its not like it make any characters more or less likely to join, sakurai isnt going to learn english in one night and go a foreign website and look through all the topics and think O hes on the top of the list for this american fan made vote thread.

Good god, this is just a game to pass the time, for fun!!! It ain't that serious

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
its not like it make any characters more or less likely to join, sakurai isnt going to learn english in one night and go a foreign website and look through all the topics and think O hes on the top of the list for this american fan made vote thread that has no poll

Oh no he's figured out our plan! Fellow voters, we must unite to take him down! Meet at my place at midnight... we attack at dawn.

RDK

Smash Hero

Edit: good point.... AlbelNox

and IsmaR someguy just messaged me to come to this thread and vote now
ZOMG INTERWEBZ BE SERIOUS ****ING BUSINESS.

Everyone stop joking around, or this guy will scold us vehemently.

Sandy

Smash Champion
ask someone to take out one paper and say that you're choosing the paper still in the hat. then ask that person to show the paper he took. Since it'll be a death paper you can convince the others that you chose the life paper.
Something like that:

After you draw one of the papers, swallow it. The jailer will be forced to check the remaining paper to determine what the one you drew said. The jailer will of course see a paper with "DEATH" written on it, assume you drew the one with "LIFE" written on it, and set you free.

Next one:

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Plus, since Mewtwo is the last pokemon character, all Pokemon fans are uniting to vote for him. But, it's mainly people who do not like Geno Supporters. Not Geno, just many of the supporters. Myself, I like Geno and voted for him.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Plus, since Mewtwo is the last pokemon character, all Pokemon fans are uniting to vote for him. But, it's mainly people who do not like Geno Supporters. Not Geno, just many of the supporters. Myself, I like Geno and voted for him.
I'm not a pokemon fan and I don't hate geno, but I voted mewtwo anyways :\

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I think the answer is a coffin

My riddle is kind of dumb but whatever

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender then pulls out a shotgun and points it at him, the man then says thank you and walks away.why?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm not addressing this because it is directed at Geno more-so than I am because it lacks all sorts of perspective, and common sense, for that matter.
Politically calculated votes lack perspective and common sense? I was just commenting on what people were doing.

Or are you saying that people who vote that way lack perspective and common sense are are illogical?

I would have to disagree. It's not how you think people should vote. It's not what the supposed intention of the voting system is. But it's not unintelligent. People vote because they want a certain outcome. They are voting in a logical way to achieve that outcome.

The problem is that you disagree that they should be wanting that outcome, because you think the only outcome that is "logical" to want is for the character you like better in each pairing to win. But that ignores that you might want a particular character to win the entire contest, in which case you might have reason to vote differently in one of the other rounds. You might be indifferent towards a particular pairing, in which case side issues like pissing off annoying fanboys might be a stronger consideration.

I fail to see how any of those are illogical or lack common sense, or anything of the sort. It's not "playing nice". I guess you could call it mean. You could say it's perverting the integrity of the voting system. But it's not stupid.
This mentality is most likely the reason why the federal voting system is so messed up . . .
Actually, the federal voting system is so messed up because the way it is set up promotes this sort of political voting. Since a simply plurality is all that is necessary to win, the voting system promotes a situation where people will tend to vote not for their ideal candidate, but for the candidate they think has the best chance of defeating whichever of the front runners they dislike. In other words, the reason that many liberals only vote Democratic because they dislike Republicans, and many conservatives only vote Republican because they dislike Democrats can be found in the way our election system is designed.

There are other ways of designing elections that make it so the most intelligent strategy (i.e. the strategy most likely to produce the outcome you want) is almost always to vote for the candidate (or candidates) that you actually like the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom