• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The reason I said that was because he joined in December.
He did join in Decmeber, but he's made legit posts up until now, which is his first pos tin this entire thread. Thena agin he DID join in December, so it's realy up to FS. If he's not counted, I fully understand why.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well I never said you were talking to me, but its quite annoying to see you post stuff like this crap back and forth cause umm... It doesnt really matter who your talking to if EVERYONE can read it, if you wanna b**** at Chi, PM him. dont keep it here.

SPITE ALERT!! SPITE ALERT!!
Ridley

VS.

Pokemon trainer

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
The reason I said that was because he joined in December.
Oh. Well, he hasnt posted in this thread b4, and joind b4 this match started. So i dont think he joind just for this thread match. Iono. He has his own Signature and about 25 posts.

(Does anyone Play Pokemon Battle Revolution??)

For Post above, Well at least my clip was from... oh yeah BRAWL!!! And your was from some dude on Deviant Art. whatever. Lol. I got the real stuff!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Oh. Well, he hasnt posted in this thread b4, and joind b4 this match started. So i dont think he joind just for this thread match. Iono. He has his own Signature and about 25 posts.
Yea, you're right. If he was someone who made an account just to vote for PT, he would have voted for him last round. So I guess his vote should be counted.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
CURRENT STANDINGS:

The Elite 8 - Division 2

1st - Pokemon Trainer [-22340 votes]

2nd - Ridley [over 9000!! votes]

Just for that cocky comment, I take -3 votes for all who voted PT, and +5 voted for those who voted Ridley

Lol, just stop messing with posts :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
im a old school poke fan, and 3 on one cant be beat, so chalk up another vote for pokemon trainer.
But someone who died countless times and STILL keeps coming back can't be beat :p
It would take 500 different pokemon(too bad there's only 493!) to beat Ridley :chuckle:

Zevox

Smash Lord
Aguasatori said:
Halo? Innovative? Laughable. Save for that shield system (which was innovative for all of one game, and not that big of a deal even then), its a generic FPS.

Um...except for the story, and the vehicles, and the weapons, and an actual FUN multiplayer....
The story was dull IMO, vehicles are by no means a new thing in FPS games (several 007 games have featured them, and many Star Wars third-person shooters do as well), all FPS games feature a variety of unique weapons (for instance, Perfect Dark's Farsight, Laptop Gun, Reaper, Dragon, Callisto NTG, etc), and the only new thing about the multiplayer to my knowledge was it being online, which was an inevitability as time goes on. And that online multiplayer is, unless I'm horribly mistaken, the chief source of the series' popularity, not any of these other things you've brought up.

Aguasatori said:
You've got to be kidding me. Sunshine brought FLUDD, which was good, and Galaxy brought a completely new physics system. And music that doesn't suck
Aye, Sunshine brought FLUDD, that was one thing I said outright. I was noting that Sunshine brought more new, original aspects to the series, but is considered inferior to Galaxy by most fans. And the music in Galaxy was largely recycled from older Mario games - I recognized a good many from the original 2D Super Mario games and Mario 64.

Aguasatori said:
There aren't many that feature dragons anymore. Most of these media types are OLD. Maybe Eragon and Harry Potter, but that's it.
You're talking to a huge fantasy fan who regularly collects books from a variety of fantasy series. Trust me, Dragons feature in nearly all of them, often prominently. Even the newest D&D setting, Eberron, which is supposed to include all sorts of new and original things, gives them huge role. Hell, the Forgotten Realms recently had a trilogy of novels revolving around them and featuring in the end more draconic main characters than humanoid ones, the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy.

On the video game end they're still plenty prevalent too. Fire Emblem has included them in every single game, often as one of the final bosses or the final boss. Both Golden Sun games had a Dragon as its final boss and featured lesser ones as more common enemies. Zelda often features Dragon bosses like Volvagia of OoT or Argorok of TP. Pokèmon has an entire creature type devoted to them, and many of their legendaries have been Dragons, plus several non-Dragon types have had clearly draconic inspiration, such as Charizard. Even Mario has faced off against Dragons in two of the Paper Mario games. And I shouldn't even need to mention how there are many series who take their name from the creatures and thus have them as a staple, like Dragon Quest, Dragon Warrior, or Dungeons & Dragons. Theres plenty of them to go around - I'd be here all night trying to list them all.

Dragons aren't going away. They've been popular in the human imagination for millenniums even though almost nothing about them has changed for most of that time. Hell, somehow, different cultures which had little or no contact all came up with the creatures independently of each other (European and Chinese Dragons, for instance). Like them or not, theres something about them that captures most people's attention and imagination, and if that hasn't changed by now, it isn't likely to ever.

Aguasatori said:
And if this is the only argument you have, then I can finally see the reason the Ridley thread was closed. You never argued against what i said about Ridley being trite.
You misunderstand me. I'm not a Ridley fan - if you look back through those threads, you'll note I have not a single post in any of them. I'm trying to show how incredibly foolish your assertions about Dragons in general and your belief that originality is necessary for anything to be special or good is. In the process that may defend your attacks on Ridley, which suits me fine. If not, that doesn't bother me either.

Zevox

RDK

Smash Hero
Kirbynator fails at this game, and as a person in general.

My vote is Ridley.

And if this is the only argument you have, then I can finally see the reason the Ridley thread was closed. You never argued against what i said about Ridley being trite.
And WTF is your problem? You weren't even here during the Ridley thread's lifespan, so I suggest you shut your ****ing mouth.

I'm getting a little more than tired of hearing people bash **** they don't even know about.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Can you say tie? Dang it's been neck and neck this whole time, but I think PT is going to win by just 1 or 2 votes.
(I already made my vote for Ridley :V )

Yaya

Smash Champion
Here's my Riddle:

What Builds Castles,
Tears down Mountains,
Can Make People Blind,
But Help Them See?

Yaya

Smash Champion
If you read my last post, I didn't know that the Painsalot had already voted.

It isn't CLEARLY wrong either.

THIS is clearly wrong.

Ridley: 8789078970

Pokemon Trainer: MINUS 9000!!!!!

Zevox

Smash Lord
*whistles* Close match. Closer than I was expecting, to be sure. Perhaps we'll see another tiebreaker tonight.

...not that it'll matter long-term, since Mario will obliterate whoever wins next round, but thats how it goes.

Zevox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom