• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
SSB Mafia: Doctor Mario-Doc, Fox-Cop, Falcon-serial killer (he said "falcon punch every time he murdered), any evil character-Mafia

SPMafia- Officer Barbrady- Cop, Nurse Gollum- Doc, Bill Preston/Ted logan- Independant (independants weren't suppose to be there), Jesus-Cop (stretch, but it is pretty obvious that anyone with the of Jesus was important), Satan-Mafia

Lost Mafia- Jack-Doc, Anna-Lucia-Cop, Any other- Mafia, Claire- Pregnant woman, Charlie- Guitar, Sayid- Torturer.

I can't comment on the other games, because I only played them halfheartidly, or not at all.

But Names can usually be linked back to the role, at least for the most important ones.
Yeah it's definately true that some names could give away roles. I didn't mean to say that the names didn't give away ANY of the town power roles, I meant to say they didn't give them ALL away. My mistake. Just bear in mind that in a majority of the games thus far, most of the names couldn't be connected to certain roles, and we had a large debate earlier in this game about that issue. Thedocsalive and did a pretty good job of proving why the name claim was a good idea due to the fact that the chances of it revealing roles was slim to none.

Eorlingas said:
SIDEEFFECT ALWAYS DOES THAT. That is him. It's like saying "Zman is suspicious because he's acting like an idiot. This is the third time that Zman has gotten himself killed on purpose. I'm surprised he's not banned from these yet.

SideEffect is SideEffect. He has only done what he always does. If that is suspicious, then I FOS you for thinking.
While this is very true, I still think Sideeffect is suspicious for this reason; The mafia haven't made a single night kill all game. Both tails and sideeffect have been inactive nearly the entire game, to the point where they were almost both modkilled. The only reason SideEffects role is still in this game is because you replaced him.
Am I the only one who sees a connection here?

Eorlingas said:
You yourself said I used excellent reasoning in that post. Do you retract your statement because you truelly want me dead?
Not at all. I still agree with your reasoning. However, I also still beleive you to be mafia. With that in mind, trusting you is a bit difficult. I'm torn at the momemnt as to wether you or DiamondFalcon are the best choice.

Eorlingas said:
This is how I always am. Remember my massive arguments with Duke during SPmafia? I am always like this, whether I am mafia or not. Do you think me being myself is suspicious?
Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten SP Mafia. I'm not sure if you remember but Duke and I also had a substantial debate. I don't find you suspicious because of the way you play, I'm simply saying that we can't bar the possibility of you being scum just because you contribute a lot.

Eorlingas said:
Are you refering to the "remember that'? It was a typo. I didn't mean to say it twice. :(
Ah, well it happens to the best of us. As you saw earlier in the post I was typo-pwned as well.

Eorlingas said:
I think that my post about the Independants makes more sense then "SideEffect is suspicious, he's doing what he was been doing for the last year and a half! Lynch him!"
Well whiel I happen to think that your reasoning is strong I also beleive mine is equally supported. To be quite honest I'm 50-50 on the matter. I'll Unvote: Eorlingas for now and think about this a bit more, and I suggest the rest of you do the same. Some more opinions from others would be helpful, and if anyone else is willing to do a quick re-read and dig up some neat info that would be nice.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Thank you Frozenflame.

The mafia haven't made a night kill the entire game. It's possible that the Godfather was the only one that could make the kill, and the first night kill was cancelled because he died. Or maybe the Doc protected the first two night kills, and they never did it on the third night?

Most moderators, from what I have seen, PM people that are awaiting night roles. I know I did for Lost. I doubt that Kirbypheak just let the mafia not make a night kill. SideEffect has been active on the forum, if he was mafia as you said, then he would have responded and killed someone.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry everyone, I had two tests this morning, and though I dropped by the game to see what was up, I only skimmed and didn't have time to make a full post. Wow, did you make a lot of posts. I'm impressed and glad that the game is picking up again after what seems like a barren period. So here's my response:

Concerning the kirbyphreak slip, which says something like "You can't replace, because you know a living role.": It meant that commonyoshi could not replace someone else, because his own role was still alive. In case you didn't read, commonyoshi was replaced by Lance87 because he was banned I believe, and when commonyoshi came back, he still wanted to play and take someone else's position. Thus he would know both his new role and old role (Lance87), both still in play.

When commonyoshi/Lance87 died, his role given was Survivor. I think this means that in order for him to win, he just had to be alive at the end of the game, like an independent. But since Kirbyphreak said he was neither good nor bad as well, I do not believe he had the power to kill. Of course it also means that he doesn't care whether Mafia or Town people die or anybody, just so long as he didn't. It still doesn't explain why he lied about his restaurant, unless he believed that Orange Julius would somehow lead us to believe he was bad, which it might have.

Next, I also live in Texas. I was in the marching band in high school so we visited a couple food court malls. I have seen a Sbarro's and I have seen an Orange Julius (actually in the mall in my hometown). Anyways, you can google either one and find that they are more widespread than you might think. On the other hand, Ming Tree was very rare and yet it had no effect on Bahamut's role (that was part of the reason we lynched him and it turns out that it was a wrong speculation--let's not do that again).
That being said, I believe your accusation of me remains unfounded. Your links may point to an independent, but not against me. I am even the least likely to have a vehicle.

Alright, so I still haven't figure out why the Godfather was killed the first night. There are a couple possiblities:
A) The doc blocked the mafia's strikes until his death, and the mafia has neglected to kill since then. An independent serial killer is on the loose that has been using cars to night kill instead of the Mafia.

I just find it unlikely that not one of the Mafia members would bother sending a PM. Doc must have also been really lucky to block all the attacks. Although if this is true, I'm impressed by the Doc and serial killer.

B) The mafia killed their own Godfather. Someway or another, the mafia are related to cars and there is no serial killer.

This is highly unbelievable, but if so then they have some conspiracy plan to use the name claim against us, and by showing that the Godfather role connects to the Godfather's Pizza, ensure that we went through with it and use it in our actions.

C) There is a veteran/vigilante who either have a limited number of kills, or who chooses not to kill every night. Everyone with drive-thrus kills by cars for some reason.

Not likely either, since why would there be car deaths for everything...and if so they were really good/lucky to kill the Godfather the first night. It makes some sense because most town players during this game seem to have roles anyways (message sender, voteblocker) and it would make sense that we had at least one vig.

D) There is a role switcher.

This is a very possible theory, but it may or may not be true. I had forgotten about this role. It fits with the "everyone has a role" observation, and it explains how tire marks were still on the Godfather. I think we should look into this one.

E) Some sort of combination?

I think there may be some combination of the above, though I have yet to figure it out. I'll let you know when I do, or maybe one of you can.

Now you do bring some very good points:
-Almost all of the places have drive-thrus.
Pizza Hut doesn't (though it does have delivery, which would be a different category but still applicable), Sbarro's doesn't (I have only seen them in malls so maybe they do), and although Starbucks does, it's more of a convenience additive and it tends to remain more of a cafe than fast food.
Not all these places can be Mafia so we have to either throw out the option of using the drive-thru as evidence, or focus it on places well known for drive-in aka Sonic (or the Pizza Hut-delivery category).
-SideEffect was mistaken about nameclaim, as was Bahamut.
I made the mistake of conjecturing that SideEffect was anti-nameclaim, when he probably was just neutral. Now Bahamut was anti-nameclaim, and it turns out he wasn't Mafia at all, so maybe we are barking up the wrong tree again. Or perhaps, they were right and the name claim really was a bad idea after all?

Keep in mind that I unvoted you a while back and decided to reconsider your guiltiness. I'm not ready to risk again yet on drive-thru evidence and you have shown that you are not the lurker that SideEffect was. But your accusation of me is even less founded proven as ours of SideEffect.

I have more to say, but I am late for an event. I'll be back later.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
felt thoroughly ashamed of their poor physique, which they could only fix by means of a highly inspirational

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
A) The doc blocked the mafia's strikes until his death, and the mafia has neglected to kill since then. An independent serial killer is on the loose that has been using cars to night kill instead of the Mafia.
Why should the mafia not want to kill anyone suspicious? It looks like they have the upper hand at the moment, so there is no way they wouldn't vote. Untill now, we have 2 mafia kills with 1 mafia kill out of pure luck (modkill ftw). The other lynches were wrong kills wich gives the mafia an even bigger advantage.

B) The mafia killed their own Godfather. Someway or another, the mafia are related to cars and there is no serial killer.
Maybe it was a trick to kill their own Godfather, but that's just too unlikely. Who would do that? And why the mafia would be tire tracks only is a mystery for me.

C) There is a veteran/vigilante who either have a limited number of kills, or who chooses not to kill every night. Everyone with drive-thrus kills by cars for some reason.
I am sure this is crap. Otherwise this would be a boring way to make a mafia game.

D) There is a role switcher.
Sorry, since this is my first game, can anyone tell me what a role switcher is? Somebody that can take every role he wants?

E) Some sort of combination?
Since I don't know what a role switcher is (yet) I can't say anything about this.

SideEffect was mistaken about nameclaim, as was Bahamut.
I made the mistake of conjecturing that SideEffect was anti-nameclaim, when he probably was just neutral. Now Bahamut was anti-nameclaim, and it turns out he wasn't Mafia at all, so maybe we are barking up the wrong tree again. Or perhaps, they were right and the name claim really was a bad idea after all?
Well, as we know that some people lied about there role, they probally feared of being suspicious. Think of it, back when we started suggesting the name claim, the Godfather got killed. It turned out that his place was Godfather's Pizza. Result: People start to think that pizza places could be mafia. It wouldn't surprise me if some players decided to pick a different kind of restaurant in the name claim to make sure that they wouldn't be suspicious.

But your accusation of me is even less founded proven as ours of SideEffect.
Still, I don't trust you either. Back when I didn't trust you for the first time, it was because of a stupid vote-blocking thing. Turned out that it was ZMan, not you who was guilty to this. But you still haven't proven yourself as a townie AND your place is still a pizzaria. All together makes it you who is the most suspicious at the moment.

Doraki

Smash Lord
The window doesn't lead to the outside.
OR, since you're saying there's nothing to even stop his fall, there's a gigantic hole that pierces through the earth and the poor guy is trapped in it forever.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
see, now doraki's just trying to show off. Everyone went and gave him a big head. ;) Gravity will still slow him down.

Bob was looking through a dirt smeared window on the 23rd floor of an apartment building. He suddenly gets obercome with depression and jumps through the window. If there was nothing to cushion his fall and nothing to slow his fall, then how did he survive?
my answer:
Poorly and with the assistance of many doctors and expensive machines.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Like Doraki said:
the man is a window cleaner and he jumps from the outside to the inside of the building.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
KFC is definitely not a Pizzeria. And so I think that "He's Pizza so he must be Mafia" assumption is no longer valid. That would be kinda strange to have 3 Pizza places and a Chicken place as a Mafia group. If I was on your end, I'd probably suspect pizza places at first too, but there is counterevidence now.

Ok, I know you don't trust me, but I don't know how I can gain your trust. I'm just not the most suspicious anymore. I've been posting only truth or speculations (some turned out to be mistakes, just like Pizza=Mafia) and so now I'm avoiding backing anything unsupported. Tell me if I'm posting a bit much, but I just want to keep the game rolling. I'm definitely not a lurker.

Now I don't want to make any mistaken connections, but I wonder if there's a link between people's usernames and their roles. The prime example is thedocsalive; for some reason his name, restaurant (Subway serves healthy sandwiches), and role all fit together. Commonyoshi was just a regular guy trying to survive. I guess you might connect Agentli with Mafia Godfather too. I know there are some people who have unassociable names, like Kujirudo for instance, and this might not work all the time, but just throwing this out there.

Oh and a Role Switcher (or maybe I'm thinking of Busdriver) can switch people at night. Say the Mafia targeted Player X, and Role Switcher switched X with Y, Player Y would be the one killed. Tell me if I'm wrong about this though. Come to think of it, it might be the busdriver instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom