• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Marshigio said:
Vote: camo-man

Mess up one more time, and I'll be modkilled in the Fire Emblem mafia
This is his reasoning, which makes no sense and he doesn't bother to explain it and keeps his vote on me.

camo-man said:
What? I'm the mod of FE mafia! You dare defy me?! *smites Marshigio into oblivion* I don't understand your sentence too.... so yeah.

Unvote: SideEffect001
Vote: Marshgio

Cuz his sentence doesn't make sense.
This is my response. I vote him cuz he voted me for a completely nonsense reason. Plus, you're not supposed to talk about active mafia games outside the thread. So you could be modkilled, Marshigio.

Marshigio said:
camo-man said:
What? I'm the mod of FE mafia! You dare defy me?! *smites Marshigio into oblivion*

Unvote: SideEffect001
Vote: Marshgio
Actually Tails, it's usually worse if you vote no lynch on the first day. At least judging from the Fire Emblem mafia anyway.

My vote for camo-man stays until something worthwhile happens.
This is his response to my response, which has nothing to support his vote of me and even deletes my reasoning of why I voted for him.

That's why I keep my vote on him.

And in case I wasn't clear enough, I like the name claim idea.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Since camo-man is being silly, and another idea has been proposed.

unvote: camo-man

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Radnortuws said:
Not throwing my vote yet, although it will probably be like you guys on a random inactive.

Am I the only one that is surprised by the difficulty of expressing that only one roleswitcher has ever existed? Please, if im wrong here someone else point it out, but otherwise I find it amusing how difficult this simple concept is.
In Dark Mafia I had 3 of the same role to offset people. It is possible that is could be like that.

However, if it comes killing an inactive instead of a contribiter than I will vote. But not yet.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
The one problem with name claims in this mafia game is, it's not really based off anything. The mafia game is based off a fodd court. What does that mean? well, the mafia can just make up a restaurant name and no one would know if they were telling the truth or not. There's no way of a mass claim working on a mafia game that has no suitable theme. While this strategy would be the type to work in a game like FE mafia or Lost Mafia, it would not work here, in my opinion.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
DiamondFalcon said:
But what do you mean by that thedocsalive? Are you talking about our restaurant names?
Yes, everyone claims their restaurant names. Possible benefits include forming connections between mafia members, or forcing them to claim other restaurants and being counterclaimed, proving someone is lying. And there is no negative effect, IMO, as names don't directly point to power roles in this game.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
I still don't see how it could work though, since someone can falsely roleclaim, and no one would know it. While it is true that it couldn't hurt us, the powers of the town would be revealed, meaning like someone who owns a pharmacy, would mean=instant mafiakill. A security kiosk=instant mafiakill. masons=not so instant but eventual modkill. I think it could hurt us based on the fact that we dont know the restaurant names. I could say like.....Charlie's Texas Hots, as an example. How would we know what that is? If a mafia member did that, we're dead, since they know who all the town power players are now.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Also, you forgot the most obvious problem. Not everyone will want to do it, and no one wants to be the 1st to do it, unless of course, someone volunteers.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
agentli said:
The one problem with name claims in this mafia game is, it's not really based off anything. The mafia game is based off a fodd court. What does that mean? well, the mafia can just make up a restaurant name and no one would know if they were telling the truth or not. There's no way of a mass claim working on a mafia game that has no suitable theme. While this strategy would be the type to work in a game like FE mafia or Lost Mafia, it would not work here, in my opinion.
Well, yes, the mafia could lie. I never said this would catch us all the mafia in one day. It's possible for the mafia to lie and get away with it, for now. But, if the mafia lie, there's also the chance of them claiming a restaurant that someone else has, catching them in that lie. It's not a foolproof master plan, it's just a plan that I think could be helpful.

agentli said:
I still don't see how it could work though, since someone can falsely roleclaim, and no one would know it. While it is true that it couldn't hurt us, the powers of the town would be revealed, meaning like someone who owns a pharmacy, would mean=instant mafiakill. A security kiosk=instant mafiakill. masons=not so instant but eventual modkill. I think it could hurt us based on the fact that we dont know the restaurant names. I could say like.....Charlie's Texas Hots, as an example. How would we know what that is? If a mafia member did that, we're dead, since they know who all the town power players are now.
First off, I don't think there would be a pharmacy in a food court. Secondly, I'm assuming that everyone here is a restaurant, fast food joint, pizza place, or some other place where we get something to eat. And if everyone claims a food place, I don't see how any of them would point immediately to the power roles. And why would there be any masons claimed in this process? I suggested claiming restaurant names, not role names. While there could be some restaurants that could be seen as masons, it certainly won't be definite.

And I don't think you could actually make up a restaurant. My food place is real, and I'm assuming all the others are real, too.

In retrospect, I am making several assumptions with this plan. We're all food places, and we're all real. The plan is certainly weaker if this is not the case, but it seems like a safe assumption to make for this game.

As for order, if we agree to do a mass name claim, we should determine order randomly.

ZMan said:
I gots nothing smart to add but, I will unvote: SideEffect001
Could you at least say what you think about the idea of a mass name claim?

Etherial

Smash Cadet
You get an evil hippopotamus bent on taking over the world. Congratulations!

*Inserts coin*

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I slept on it and I'm sure that mass name claim is a good idea. The only people who could possibly be intimidated by it are mafia and independants, seeing as how a tonwie shouldn;'t be worried about having to mak eup a new restaurant or something. The only reason I can think of why a townie would be opposed to name claim is if their restaurant name is a dead giveaway of their role, which is a scenario I highly doubt exists.
agentli said:
Sure someone could false claim, but who are the only people who would do that? Mafia memebers and possibly independants. BY false roleclaiming they are risking there being a townie who actualyy is the restaurant they false claim. If that happens, they get counter-claimed and that means we know that one of the two people who claime dthe same restaurant are not town. Also, as doc explained, the names of restaurants are very unlikely to reveal what roles each player has. Seeoing as how this is FOOD court mafia, everybody is probably a restaurant in some shape or form, which means there probably won't be pharmacies or info kiosks liek you suggested. The point of this name claim isn't to determine who is who based strictly off of the name sof our restaurants; it is to create a situation in which non-town members may have to lie, and if they do not, they run the risk of us townies drawing conenctions between them based on their claims. Atleast thats the way I see it.

As for deciding who would start the mass claim off, I think the easiest way to do it would just be go in the order we are in on the sign up list. But obviously everyone needs to agree to participate first.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I'm ok with it.

agentli said:
masons=not so instant but eventual modkill.
Lol, you said modkill instead of mafia kill.

And Marshigio.... I'm being silly?! I'll modkill your butt off in FE mafia for giving me so much trouble!!!

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
A name claim should be able give us some good leads especially is there is a conflict between restaurants. Let's just hope kirbyphreak didn't make any obvious role connections such as Super Healthy Salad Bar and the Doctor role. But it may turn out better than blind accusation.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
camo-man, you're not supposed to talk about other mafia games outside of the respective game.

Well, we have 4 people online right now who are ok with it(including me). Who wants to go first?

PIKACHUz

Smash Apprentice
Hurt Dream Land 64 (too much wind)

I believe it is now at 4 hp.
(I'm going to try and keep track of the hp for the things i hurt or heal... for myself and anyone else who might be wondering. It's easier than doing everything's hp and it helps a little, though i might be wrong if i'm not paying close attention)

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
DiamondFalcon said:
Aww, Dr. Mario let me down.. I bid all my tokens on him :(
Don't worry, you can only not bet on this next match. You will be reborn with 4 points again. REMEMBER EVERYONE, YOU WILL GET +1 POINT IF YOU POST THE CURRENT SCOREBOARD! :bigthumbu

Luigi won!​

Luigi's extreme speed won over Bowser's clunkiness. Even with two suicides he beat bowser with two lives left!

Next match:

Luigi
vs.
Peach

I don't know and I don't wanna...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think anyone shoudl go until EVERYONE has agreed to go along with this. If only a select few name claim then that doesn't help the town at all, seeing as how we probably won't be able to make connetions due to lack of information. By only having a select few name claim, then all we are doing is possibly giving the mafia a better idea at who has what roles.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Stupid Marshigio. That rule is only for the players of the game. I'm the mod, so I can ignore the rules and talk about it as much as I want and even *gasp* edit my posts (in that game). And I can modkill you. Check rule 6 of FE mafia.

And my place still stands with the name claiming thing: I like it and we should go with it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom