• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
I don't like this yo-yo one... Why does he need it it to go to sleep? Or does he not need it but there is just a way to use it to sleep? I don't get it.

I'll need more to be able to answer that one I guess. But here's another while I think on that one:

A man is lying dead in a room. He was murdered. In this room is a table, four chairs, and 53 Bicycles. Why was he murdered?
He was cheating in a card game with 53 cards and was killed for cheating.

RDK

Smash Hero
Shooster, some of these are obvious joke accounts, like the one above me.

Those shouldn't be allowed.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Shooster, some of these are obvious joke accounts, like the one above me.

Those shouldn't be allowed.
Unless the user shares an IP with another one, I see no reason why the vote shouldn't be allowed. Just because the user is new doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

RDK

Smash Hero
Unless the user shares an IP with another one, I see no reason why the vote shouldn't be allowed. Just because the user is new doesn't make their opinion any less valid.
If that's the case, you can just use an IP changer for the new account so it looks like their IP is different from the real user.

It's just too easy to post 6 random posts in other threads, and then come to this thread to have your vote counted twice when it really should only be counted once. I highly doubt that the user we're talking about posted 6 relevent posts, and then somehow stumbled upon this thread, learned the rules of this game, and voted.

Someone is obviously using a secondary account in this instance, and it's not the first time it's happened.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

The Sweet 16 - Division 2

1st - Pokemon Trainer [25 votes]

2nd - Ridley [22 votes]

3rd - Midna [15 votes]

4th - Bowser Jr. [8 votes]

I checked the suspicious account out, and it SEEMS legit. the person has posted in other threads and doesn't seem like a fake....But I dont think I'll count it. they just registered in December, it could easily be a fake, like RDK said.

And I just fixed the Kanto conference picture, apprently imageshack likes making my pictures disappear every once in a while. and yeah I'll definitely be cracking down on voting next round, something like 50+ posts or a join date of Oct 07 or earlier.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
I checked the suspicious account out, and it SEEMS legit. the person has posted in other threads and doesn't seem like a fake....But I dont think I'll count it. they just registered in December, it could easily be a fake, like RDK said.

That seems ridiculous. There is a poster a page or two back with a December registration and only 5 posts who voted for Ridley, and their vote counts. I am all for changing the rules for Elite 8 and onward, but changing it in the middle of a round for only one instance seems really unfair.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
That seems ridiculous. There is a poster a page or two back with a December registration and only 5 posts who voted for Ridley, and their vote counts. I am all for changing the rules for Elite 8 and onward, but changing it in the middle of a round for only one instance seems really unfair.
didn't see that one, I just took that vote away too, thanks.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
didn't see that one, I just took that vote away too, thanks.
And how about reply #2860? Or some of the accounts with only 10 or 20 posts? I say you should just keep counting all of the votes until this round ends (all the way through the final bracket), and then change the rules for subsequent rounds. You counted all the votes for the first bracket of this round, right?

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

The Sweet 16 - Division 2

1st - Pokemon Trainer [25 votes]

2nd - Ridley [21 votes]

3rd - Midna [15 votes]

4th - Bowser Jr. [8 votes]

Ok, here's what I'm gonna do. For the rest of The Sweet 16, I will take votes from most* users, as long as they seem legit. However, I still won't count votes from people with really few posts and seem suspicious, as I've been doing that for a while now.

For the Elite 8, Final Four, and Championship, I will use a new rule. You must have either:

- 50+ posts
or
- A join date of Oct 07 or earlier [I didn't start this game until Nov]

Hopefully this will help weed out the fake accounts and make things a bit fairer. And I know some people have had issues with the Tie Breaker, and I'm trying to think of a better way to do it. Flipping a coin is not going to happen, because that is just way to random to be a logical way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom