• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandeza

Smash Master
i like geno and cf. id nvr heard of cf until i played smash. i had no idea who geno was either until i came to these boards but comparing cf to link is ludicrous. if ur close to nintendo u have heard of link but cf got his popularity mostly from smash

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This argument fails harder than your prose. The popularity point could be said about Geno as well. Not everyone in the unviverse has played SMRPG. In your silly little Geno world, maybe. But not IRL.

And Falcon DOES fight--just not RPG style. He's been in both Smash games.
Hahaha. Since when did I say Geno was as popular as these other characters? Never. I don't believe that he is close to being that popular. I am just stating that Capt. Falcon is not at the height that Link, Kirby, Fox, and Samus are. Simple as that.

Of course he fights in Smash games. Everyone does, lol. Geno fights in his game, while Falcon does laps.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
You guys are such noobs. I guess either you're just morons or you just flat-out didn't play smash 64. F-Zero X came out a good 4 months or so before Smash on the N64.

You are comparing them...

And yes, I am putting him up there. Because guess what...Sakurai did, too. He's in the game with them. And there are plenty of people who don't know who those people are, OK? Lots of people who pretty much know Mario characters and that's it. I can't tell you how many people I still encounter who refer to Link as "Zelda"...
The only thing that I am comparing is Captain Falcon's popularity to Link, Kirby, Fox, and Samus. There is no way, NO WAY, that anyone knows Captain Falcon like Link, Kirby, Fox, and Samus. You're crazy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i like geno and cf. id nvr heard of cf until i played smash. i had no idea who geno was either until i came to these boards but comparing cf to link is ludicrous. if ur close to nintendo u have heard of link but cf got his popularity mostly from smash
Hahaha. Since when did I say Geno was as popular as these other characters? Never. I don't believe that he is close to being that popular. I am just stating that Capt. Falcon is not at the height that Link, Kirby, Fox, and Samus are. Simple as that.

Of course he fights in Smash games. Everyone does, lol. Geno fights in his game, while Falcon does laps.
I didn't equate them, but yes I did compare them, because they are comparable. People didn't know who some of them were. I'm just saying...plenty of people don't realize that Link's name is Link, not Zelda.

But once you get off of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, it falls off pretty fast. StarFox games aren't so high up there. Even Metroid isn't. And, did you ever see Fox McCloud get his own anime?

I compared them because there are plenty of people who didn't even recognize the popular and well-known characters. So saying that about Falcon doesn't mean squat.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Of course, Captain Falcon is going to win, how could he not? He's a shoo-in. But Geno lasting all this time to where he's one of the two people remaining, that's pretty **** impressive. even if he loses, he's the second most wanted character here.

I'm sure it's all for naught, but I'll vote for Geno (I promised some people I would)

TBone06

Smash Ace
yeah even if the Falcon wins, he's been in the game 2 times before, Geno has been in 2 games. That is pretty freaking impressive. hemightbegiant you're right. But it's pretty tough to have a newcomer to be put up against a two time smash vet. but its all part of the game I guess

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I didn't equate them, but yes I did compare them, because they are comparable. People didn't know who some of them were. I'm just saying...plenty of people don't realize that Link's name is Link, not Zelda.

But once you get off of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, it falls off pretty fast. StarFox games aren't so high up there. Even Metroid isn't. And, did you ever see Fox McCloud get his own anime?

I compared them because there are plenty of people who didn't even recognize the popular and well-known characters. So saying that about Falcon doesn't mean squat.
You are right. After Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and others it does fall pretty fast. I do like Fox McCloud, however. An anime would be pretty different with that crew...

Anyway, serious question, CF had his own Anime? Or are you just saying that Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon had their own. I got confused with that point...

Harry Megamix

Smash Apprentice
Of course, Captain Falcon is going to win, how could he not? He's a shoo-in. But Geno lasting all this time to where he's one of the two people remaining, that's pretty **** impressive. even if he loses, he's the second most wanted character here.
Not really. Not all the members of this forum voted. The voters in this game are comprised mostly of Geno-tards and Captain Falcon fans.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Anyway, serious question, CF had his own Anime? Or are you just saying that Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon had their own. I got confused with that point...
Yeah, F-Zero had an anime in Japan.

I wasn't equating Falcon to Link or Mario by any means, but I'm just saying that not everyone out there who likes Smash or even Nintendo had a system from NES all the way to Gamecube. Many characters are less known. And those that would be hardcore and have every system would probably know who he was anyway. And being unknown to many doesn't mean they're bad. Otherwise, it'd just be another Mario Party/Sports game...

...and Geno is part of the Mario universe, which had several series made in multiple countries
Not with Geno in it... >_>

Enigma14

Smash Champion

I wasn't equating Falcon to Link or Mario by any means, but I'm just saying that not everyone out there who likes Smash or even Nintendo had a system from NES all the way to Gamecube. Many characters are less known. And those that would be hardcore and have every system would probably know who he was anyway. And being unknown to many doesn't mean they're bad. Otherwise, it'd just be another Mario Party/Sports game...

Geno is to cool for filler games

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, since he didn't specifically say anything other than mentioning the F-Zero universe, I didn't see a point in including Geno...

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I made this game to bring the community together. Looks more like I planted a bomb, and it just now went off.

Current Standings: Round 29

Captain Falcon: (25) Points Remaining

Geno: (15) Points Remaining

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Which is only another reason why Geno shouldn't represent a country-spanning, thousand-title franchise like Mario's.
Does that even make sense?

Also how does Doctor Mario represent the Mario franchise other then Sakurai wanting his music in cause it sounds good?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

That's pretty cool. I did not know that Falcon had an anime. I'm with you, Link and Mario are the two most popular video game characters. Period. I just believe that Geno should be included in Smash Bros. over Dr. Mario. No clones. Let Geno have his chance. I believe that he would be a strong and different character for the Smash series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which is only another reason why Geno shouldn't represent a country-spanning, thousand-title franchise like Mario's.
Because he's the best of the remaining characters, especially Waluigi

...and some people, obviously not you, were influenced a lot from the game (obviously) to eventually gather together into the movement you see today...unlike any other Mario character

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

What do you call SMRPG? (oh snap)
The whole game is based around Geno. Mario may be the main playable character, but Geno is where the story revolves around. Mario did not know what Star Pieces, Smithy, or Star Road was until he met up with Geno. Geno is the main character of Super Mario RPG. He may not be the main hero that you play with, but he is, without a doubt, the main character.

Harry Megamix

Smash Apprentice
Because he's the best of the remaining characters, especially Waluigi

...and some people, obviously not you, were influenced a lot from the game (obviously) to eventually gather together into the movement you see today...unlike any other Mario character
What if I said that I was influenced by Waluigi in all of his games, and that I supported him in Brawl because of that influence? FAIL.

And Geno is only supported so rabildy because of the poor opposition. Look at Geno's main contenders for the Mario rep: Bowser Jr., Petey Piranha, and Waluigi.

Wow. Some tough decisions there.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The whole game is based around Geno. Mario may be the main playable character, but Geno is where the story revolves around. Mario did not know what Star Pieces, Smithy, or Star Road was until he met up with Geno. Geno is the main character of Super Mario RPG. He may not be the main hero that you play with, but he is, without a doubt, the main character.
Same with Legend of Zelda and Mario is Missing you play as Link and Luigi but their names arent in the title. And Geno is playable.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings: Round 29

Captain Falcon: (23) Points Remaining

Geno: (17) Points Remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom