• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Bob wants to test the intelligence of Ancient Romans, so he uses a time machine to visit that time period and asks a random person, what half of nine is. The person answers 4, and Bob, after thinking a moment, declares that the Ancient Romans are smarter than he expected. What was his reasoning?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm about to turn 20 in February; no more teen years for me!

I'll give this one a shot: in ancient Rome they counted using roman numerals for which IX stood for nine. If you cut IX in half with a horizontal slice you get IV and I^. IV is the roman numeral for four so if you figuratively cut nine in half you get four.

Lucky: An example would be that I tell you that all people that are born in February are liars. Me, being born in February, would be included in that group. Hence, I am a liar. And since I am a liar everything I say is a lie but I was the one that told you I am a liar. If I really am a liar, then you shouldn't believe what I say (that I am a liar) and if I really tell the truth then you should believe what I say (that I lie). As you can see, every action creates a contradictory circumstance because it follows itself in an endless loop through the argument. So, in essence, there isn't a real answer (so to speak). So if the man threatens to kill you no matter whether you lie or not, don't lie or tell the truth; create a paradox.

Doraki

Smash Lord
I'll give this one a shot: in ancient Rome they counted using roman numerals for which IX stood for nine. If you cut XI in half with a horizontal slice you get VI and ^I. VI is the roman numeral for four so if you figuratively cut nine in half you get four.
VI is six, but ^I when you turn it upside down gives IV which is four.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Well you both have the right idea, but you guys just made it more complicated for yourselves
IX is the roman numeral for nine, and then if you cut IX in half, the top half is IV which is 4. There was no need to flip IX upside down to get XI and then cut it in half and flip it upsidedown again.

New Riddle: Two artists were hired to make the hallways of a famous palace the most beautiful in the world. Each artist was assigned a side of the hallway to paint. The king of this palace declared that if any artist did not do a good enough job with their side, then they would be sentenced to death. After 3 years, one of the artists borrowed different art forms from all over the world, while the other artist simply wasted his time. With 1 hour left, the first artist did a magnificent job painting animals, landmarks etc. all over his wall while the second artist had nothing. With only 1 hour left, how did the second artist create a work of art on his side that equaled in beauty the art that his fellow artist created?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It wouldn't matter; whether or not you could deduce he was a liar would have to first follow whether I am correct in saying Februarists are in fact liars.

Though from personal experience I could say that he probably would be excited that his birthday is coming up soon! ;)

john g

Smash Cadet
A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "That's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no types of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

FOB

Smash Ace
was that the right answer? Cause I search it up and it the answer was that he filled a cup with water and held it over his head for 10 mintutes.

I got one.

Osama is sitting in a cave thinking about how Bush can't find him. He decides to send him a note to let him know that he is still alive. When Bush gets the note. He doesn't get what it says.

This was the note.

VWV50
310455V 01134

What does the note say? and how did you get it?
hint: try writing it down on a piece of paper.

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
I noticed the 01134 which if you type it into a pocket calculator says "Hello" and I wnet from there. Or are you being sarcastic? Actually it only took me a few minutes.

FOB

Smash Ace
lol You're right. I dunno, maybe I should take out the 01134 part because it causes people to remember things like that.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
94) You yell out 'Ha-cha!' As you try to Peach bomb into a wall
95) You keep on going to see if you can reach the top of a 20-story high building.
96) You jump off the roof with a umbrella to see if you float down.
97) You try to float cancel before you hit the ground realising that the umbrella isnt working.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
i doubt it, since 101010 is 42 I believe in binary

anyway here is my answer -- it's a bit of a stretch since you have to add another ' : '

18: 10 10= 9:50
that is 18 is to 10 times 10 as 9 is to 50. The added line is in the first zero, obviously.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
There is a Tickle-
Me-Elmo doll availa-
ble in the stores

Write me a Haiku about how awesome Christmas is.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Christmas is the best.
Appreciate those you love
By giving them gifts.

Write now about your favorite movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom