• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry, my bad, I said it afterwards (stupid post limits). But earlingas does say it:
That's four votes on Camo, and we only needed three.
Which you should have read, especially if you were regoing over material like I was to try and figure it out. As for supporting lurkers, no I don't support them, but I understand it as people, myself included, can't find the time do check up on the game and oftentimes find nothing to respond to. And if I supported lurking, why do I vote on them? I just give people time to respond. Besides that, I tend to find that oveconfidence and conforming can show scumminess espescially late in the game:
I'm going to agree with you here on this one Ronike. I just did a bit of re-reading and Marshigio didn't contribute at all when discussion was at its peak a few pages ago (40 posts per page here.) As a matter of fact, he's only posted one in the last 3 pages, and that was only to put the final vote on camo-man, who we know was town. That seems pretty characteristic of a lurking inpedendant, who was also probably scared away by Pizza Hut being a drive thru on top of all that. I think we have this game in the bag here.
And I know Im relatively inexperienced in mafia games, but I have read up on past mafia games, especially end games. Almost always the mafia win is because someone hastily votes on someone and the mafia bandwagons, which is why I didn't do an official vote, and your post turned on the alarms for this. Another reason was that one of the mafia members wholly supported me lynching Marsh and pushed me to vote on him when I knew what I did was a sound strategy. I know it wouldn't have mattered as he didn't know you were independent, but it can never be a good sign. But I will agree, a decent sized reason for the town win was luck.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Heres One

It's more powerful than God.
It's more evil than the devil.
The poor have it.
The rich need it.
If you eat it, you'll die.
What am I

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, my bad, I said it afterwards (stupid post limits). But earlingas does say it:

Which you should have read, especially if you were regoing over material like I was to try and figure it out. As for supporting lurkers, no I don't support them, but I understand it as people, myself included, can't find the time do check up on the game and oftentimes find nothing to respond to. And if I supported lurking, why do I vote on them? I just give people time to respond. Besides that, I tend to find that oveconfidence and conforming can show scumminess espescially late in the game
Well even if he didn't truly hammer camo-man, I still don't see how it isn't scummy that he randomly decided to show up and throw a pointless vote on someone. I understand what you're saying about time constraints for some people and whatnot, but still you DID support lurking by quickly jumping from about to vote for marshigio to killing me before I could even respond to what marshigio said. I can also understand what you're saying about overconfidence and more importantly conforming, during the end game, but I had in-game, publicly known reasons for my confidence. Confidence can really only be considered scummy when someone seems dead set on killing someone without decent hard, in-game support.

Ronike said:
And I know Im relatively inexperienced in mafia games, but I have read up on past mafia games, especially end games. Almost always the mafia win is because someone hastily votes on someone and the mafia bandwagons, which is why I didn't do an official vote, and your post turned on the alarms for this. Another reason was that one of the mafia members wholly supported me lynching Marsh and pushed me to vote on him when I knew what I did was a sound strategy. I know it wouldn't have mattered as he didn't know you were independent, but it can never be a good sign. But I will agree, a decent sized reason for the town win was luck.
I don't understand what you mean by the bolded phrase. You admit that the fact that the mafia pushed for marshigios lynch had no ground for beleiving he was town over independant, but then you say just the opposite in the same sentence. It's these types of arguments that make me beleive saying you guys won based solely on luck, is closer to the truth than saying it was a part of it.

Chill said:
Even though I wasn't in this game I actually followed it. I gotta say I like the way frozenflame plays these games.
Thanks, I appreciate that. You're modding a game here soon aren't you?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Finnaly I can get on the site again. Stupid freaking bug. Anyway, I was wrong after all. Meh, I screwed up the game quite a lot. Let's try to do it better next time. Nice job though, I didn't suspect frozen at all...

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
A mad mage-fighter approaches you on day and says:

I will judge you on whatever you say next: If it is truthful, I will slay you with a sword, if it is false, I will slay you with a spell.

What do you say?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
"You will slay me with a spell".

If the statement is false he will slay you with a spell, yet can't because then that would make it true.

Razed

Smash Ace
kkzzz I got one =D! If you've heard it before don't be lame and say the answer =(!

3 guys are going to rent a hotel, and the manage says "Well I'll give you a room for 30$"
They accept, and go to their room.
Later, the manager decides that since it's Christmas, he'll give them a discount, so he gives the bus boy 5$ to give back to the three men.
On the way, the bus boy decides to sneak 2$ into his pocket, so he gives 3$ back to the men. That would mean they each payed 9$ each right?
9x3 = 27 (the amount they payed) +2 (the moeny the busboy took)= 29!

Where's the other dollar?! =O

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
You did a good job frozen, but even though I had suspected Marshigio before, I had a strong feeling on who Ronike had to go after for town to win. It may have been a lot of luck, but it wasn't a fluke. At least Marshigio finally made a post...I was really disappointed at the large amount of inactivity in this game. As a detective, how can you figure anything out when there are so many that don't post? That's why I went after inactivity so much.

Oh, and kirbyphreak, good job on the roles. I didn't expect there to be such a large variety, but if everyone had played their parts, it could have made for a more interesting game. I can't help but feel that some were not random though, like thedocsalive as the doctor. Was it truly random?

Anyways, I got distracted by various things and made some pointless investigations. I maybe could have prevented camo's death if I hadn't been killed, but even then I still hadn't found the mafia. Hopefully, I will improve and be more useful in the future.
I lol'd at all that happened on Night 1. Can't believe frozen killed doc while he was protecting him. How evil.

Oh, and I know about Sonic. I'm the one who said it was America's Drive-in. But I have too seen it in a food court, and if you check Wikipedia, it says so. (Just getting that out there so no one feels bad about not picking up on that.)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
When the manager decides to only charge $25, that means that at that moment each man contributed 25/3 dollars, or $8.33. When the boy comes back and only gives each a dollar back, add each dollar to the $8.33 to get $9.33. Each man paying $9.33 equates to $28 while the boy has the last two.

Lucky: If you say something that isn't true then he will slay you with a spell and if you tell something that is true then he will slay you a different way. To avoid saying something true or false, you create a paradox, namely match the true statement to the false one's repurcusions. It makes sense when you think about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom