• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Duke said:
Oh ok I see what your saying frozenflame. It isn't so bad, I was just giving you a hard time because you have been inactive :)
Well atleast you understand now. Once again sorry to everyone for being so inactive earlier, I'm trying to make up for it now if you haven't noticed. ;)

ligolski said:
Ok frozen I see what your saying now with the 3 relating to that list which is at least partially wrong because I am not mafia and don't join the events for other reasons that I will not disclose till I truely have to...but now there seems to be a hole in your theory; though you have addressed it, I believe it makes your theory weaker and is why I am still not a supporter of it...here I will use logic:

Let t mean frozen's theory
Let m mean that all mafia can't join events
ok...

t implies m or t>m (symbolic)
we now add the new part... ~m (the ~ meaning to negate the statement)
therefore by using the law of Modus Tollens (logic law) we arrive at ~t...
In other words this means that frozenflame's theory is wrong

It's crazy math but thats how it works...here is how in looks in symbolic form:

t>m
~m
_____
.: ~t
I'm not going to lie, but that whole logic section was completely pointless. The same idea can be expressed with common sense. Obviously if my theory is that the mafia cannot join events but then it turns out they can, then I was wrong. I don't think we need mathematical theorums to prove that. Like I said, its common sense. If someone says something and what they said turns out to be false then they were obviously wrong.

I can see why some of you might be skeptical now that I've admitted to the possibilty of a mafia member who can join events, but I think I addressed that issue with a strong enough statement.

Also ligolski I think NOW would be a good time to tell us why you can't join events, seeing as how by doing so you can help prevent us from wasting a space on teh event that we could be using to try and find a mafia member who can't join. Then again you COULD just wait until the next event actually begins but I don't see why you can't tell us now, unless of course it would completely reveal something important about your role or something.

Well now that everyone has decided to go rescue those who have been captured, all we really have left to do is wait for Eorlingas to update us.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Sorry, but Im grounded for 2 weeks from comp, and Im sneaking on now so I cant write the event :(

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Definitions of hostile:

* adjective: very unfavorable to life or growth

Example: "A hostile climate"

* adjective: characterized by enmity or ill will

Example: "A hostile nation"

* adjective: impossible to bring into friendly accord

Example: "Hostile factions"

* adjective: used of attempts to buy or take control of a business

Example: "Hostile takeover"

* adjective: marked by features that oppose constructive treatment or development

Example: "Not able to accomplish much in such a hostile environment"

I'm just keeping your pride in check.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm back now. I figured after three days the event would have been finished. I see that I have some minor suspicions on me so I'll just address those.

Frozen, I disagree with you about mafia not being able to join. Mafia members would want to join so that they could sabatoge the town. If anything they would be the first people to sign up. Varuna put it nicely in a post of his at the beginning of the game. You could be right but I don't think it would be that easy to identify mafia members.

I haven't been around when event recruiting was tasking place except for the last one. I couldn't play this event because I was going to be gone. I informed everyone of this so they could check my log in times to see that I wasn't lying.

To be frank I didn't want to join this event anyways because of what has happened the other times. But if I have to join a event or reveal my role to clear my name I will.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eorlingas said:
Sorry, but Im grounded for 2 weeks from comp, and Im sneaking on now so I cant write the event :(
Oh harsh. Maybe this will give everyone in this game who is also still alive in SSBB Mafia more time to post in that game. *HINT**HINT*

chill said:
Frozen, I disagree with you about mafia not being able to join. Mafia members would want to join so that they could sabatoge the town. If anything they would be the first people to sign up. Varuna put it nicely in a post of his at the beginning of the game. You could be right but I don't think it would be that easy to identify mafia members.
I never said that the mafia would not join events if they could. Like you said, if mafia members could join events it would be a very good idea to do so seeing as how they can use that as cover in order to sabotage the town. My theory however states that mafia members simply cannot join events at all. As for your belief that "it is too easy of a way to identify mafia members, I have previously addressed the possibilty of my theory being incorrect because it is essentially gamebreaking.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You all wake to the awareness that you are missing one of your comrades You quickly see it is Yoko Satan, who’s arm was found in shreds, his leg in pieces, and in blood you see the word Darkness.
pm sent to yoko-satan said:
Name: Konoe

He is the chief of EnmaCho's Shokan division. Though he is often angered by Tsuzuki's lazy attitude, he knows Tsuzuki's capabilites and even some of his past as well. He is the most senior employee in this division with Tsuzuki being second. Konoe has a sweet tooth like Tsuzuki.

Konoe is the only person in Shokan who knows about Tsuzuki's past and gruff as he is with Tsuzuki, cares very much for him. You can see this in "Akuma no Toriru".

You are Town. You win when all the mafia are dead. Since you are an old guy(bout 1100 years) you have no ability.
Ligoski cannot vote today..
start DAY 5!!!!!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
What?! I thought that the items left are the only ones you could choose. Oh well, at least I got the poop. Ha! to Baha and Typh.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Yay, only one nightkill! Good job doc, whoever you are Now that we have one mafia down, its time to start checking some history to see what was going on. I'll start a read through and see what I can see. Lets get some action going here. I'm also curious as to what Karshkin did last night, since he started a new investigation. We might be able to pull this one back!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Woah.... too much info from ligolski. I didn't understand one bit. And I'll go save you too, RR. :chuckle: I think that mafia could join to sabotage if they want to, but there's a risk in it for them.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
:store's closed:

K, I think there is solid proof that the serial killer has been accidentally revealed by Sinz, the gm.

It was in the BRoom in the "rep the above poster" thread. For those of you who can't get into the BRoom, here is an exact quote.

Sinz said:
Yay! For My mafia game sending pms now i Have 2701. By the way. Eorlingas your gonna die.
not really but the one u targeted is
At first I thought maybe he was alking about Eorlingas activity in a mafia game....but then i thought "how would Sinz know who he targeted unless it was,in fact, dark mafia and he had an indep. role?" Honestly, i'm not too proud that i found this...it sucks that the gm accidentally gave this away.

For those of you who can view the BRoom, here's a link.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=68702&page=1&pp=40

It was posted on June 1st 12:06

post #1565

vote: Eorlingas

I guess being a stupid premie paid off huh Eorlingas ******-slapped*

:puts leash back on:

Sinz- If you comment on this, please be honest if you made a mistake. You wouldn't want to throw off the town falsely defending Eorlingas.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
What worked? I knew you actually chose it but then that means I won't get anything. It's not like you tricked anyone.
No real nead to be a **** in this situation. You didn't really have to comment but i guess you decided you wanted to "put me down" because, in your opinion, I thought I did something to be "proud" of that you didn't feel like i deserved...i guess. When in reality you just misunderstood my post. Harmless stuff pal.

By the way I got Bronze so unless you want to waste a turn then don't get it. Because last time I checked I'm leading by 5 and beating most of you by 13 so I wouln't waste a turn on stopping me.
This is understandable, you're just being real.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
That's very interesting lance...I am not very inclined to vote eorlingas because of this, but his inactivity makes me suspicious...I will vote for him mainly due to his inactivity which is what I think we should look into for the most part...like bahamut and many others...but for now
vote: eorlingas

ligolski

Smash Rookie
o and here is my official inactive list based off the beginniing list:
plomid
karshkin (though much better than others)
enigmaticCam
zman
foxandfalco
killerplacebos
eorlingas
James Sparrow
Bahamut

Some may be more active than others but these stand out to be the most...

DANG I CAN"T VOTE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(
whoever did that...errrr...Wow and I was the most active player...

G

GotMink

Lol Ligs, you finally got me. You only have been trying since the start of the game. Anyway, Go Mafia!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Vote: Eorlingas
For what Lance said.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to lie, but that whole logic section was completely pointless. The same idea can be expressed with common sense. Obviously if my theory is that the mafia cannot join events but then it turns out they can, then I was wrong. I don't think we need mathematical theorums to prove that. Like I said, its common sense. If someone says something and what they said turns out to be false then they were obviously wrong.
Glad you have a sense of humor frozen, you are way to serious...I was just having fun...oh and frozen logic IS common sense...therefore it was not pointless and was just a different way of saying it...plus I did say it in other words too...

Sorry if this confused anyone...What it means is that frozenflame's theory is hogwash, because he admits the some mafia may be able to join the events and he said that they could not...this is contradictory and therefore his theory is false...

And because it is false I do see it necesary to reveal why I do not join...if I have to I will, but at this point I will not...

And frozen i am really getting sick and tired of you ranting on me and only me when we could talk about the other 2 mafia (in theory)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I can't remember who said it but to see if frozenflames theory is correct we would only have to vote no lynch and see if anyone can't join. But who wants to vote no lynch? Oh yeah just me. -_-

I was going to wait to bring this up but because we can't do the event now...

Okurama said that someone who looked like a muffin was standing alone (emphasis his).
This could mean that either ragamuffin is the independant or rappy rapist ,who had the same avatar at the same time he originally said this, is.

I started watching the Tv show and in the show Walt is kidnapped. his father helps the others to capture some survivors in return for his sons freedom.

James Sparrow called out ixnays name. Eoringlas wrote that he ran off into the jungle to look for his son. I think we should be careful of James Sparrow when he is allowed to post again.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Okay, first things first. My theory relates to the value of the events. What do we really gain? So I'm going to go back, and look at the objectives of each event versus the results.

The first event involved us going into the jungle to find extra radios. Duke, SideEffect, and Skylink were on this event. They eventually went into a cave, and found a fresh water pool. After that, they found some short-range radios. In the end, Duke went missing. So, they accomplished the goal, but at the expense of Duke getting a post restriction.

Event two required four volunteers to try to find a water source. Interesting to note the lack of continuity, as we supposedly found a pool of fresh water in the first event. At the beginning of the event, ZMan and Okurama fell down, and Ragamuffin and Rappy forgot where they came from. They go into the cockpit and find a small bottle of vodka. After that, they hear echoes and start running, and Ragamuffin spears Okurama. Duke is found, and Rappy takes Okurama back to camp. Ragamuffin, Duke, and ZMan decide to follow the trail at this point. Ultimately, ZMan and Raga are captured, but Duke escapes. So there was absolutely NO mention of said water source, Okurama is alive but severely injured, ZMan and Raga got captured, and Duke escaped. I really wouldn't say this was a positive event.

The goal of the third event is to take guns and attack the others. Obviously I can't analyze the results of this event, because it's in progress.

But the point is that we really haven't gotten much out of these events so far. Some radios, yes. A freshwater source (though we apparently forgot about it), yes. But we also had different people missing, and an injury as well. The question becomes: are these events really worth it? My theory was that we'd be better off in the game without these events, but after actually re-reading them, I'm not so sure. There are some positive results, though these items haven't actual had any tangible benefits yet (in terms of mafia). The events HAVE had tangible negative effects, such as post restrictions on the missing members. Maybe it's too early to tell, but depending on the success (or failure) of this third mission, it could be a good idea to just boycott the missions altogether.

Now, I know it's a bold idea. But what if this mission fails? Think about it: if the adventurers invade the others with guns and some of them die/are captured, what possible good can come from these events? Event three seems like the best opportunity to get some kind of tangible benefit, and if it fails, we may be better off without them. It's just a theory, sure, but it's worth thinking about.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ZMan said:
Oop, I didn't know how many it was to lynch. >.>

I forgot to mention that he said in Lost Mafia that he was grounded and couldn't get on his PC.
wtf? Zman. You knew this and lynched him off?

put Zman on to try to lynch list
total names:1
Zman.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well waddaya know:

Peach won again!

Her amazing combo ability totally owned DK. Plus DK is stupid. :p

1st: pezaddict 8 points :eek:
2nd: Vulpine51 7 points :bigthumbu
3rd: lordofallmuffins 6 points ;)
4th: Zman 5 points
5th: pikachuZ 2 points :ohwell:

The next match up is, thanks to lordofallmuffins (what a mouthfull! :psycho: ) :

Fox
vs.
Falco!

Who shall be the captain of the ship???​

Rules:
It shall be a 3:00 timed match up on Corneria.
Items:
Motion sensor bomb and cloaking device (It's all spy gear!).

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...we need to get rid of the SK honestly, if this is true then that will buy us more time to root out the mafia, since we've been losing 2-3 townies a day/night cycle except for last night. If he is the SK, then we'll only lose one tonight to the mafia at most. I'll be honest though, I'm not seeing where the exact link is with that post to Eorlingas being the SK. Could you elaborate for me Lance, I'm just kind of tired from work and the answer isnt jumping out at me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ignore Lance87's post. It was a joke that I played on Eorlingas it was in a popular thread in the backroom. It was during our mini war.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
GaiaOnline? Uhhh,
from what I can tell, it's just
blogs with little dudes.

Write a haiku about toejam (the stuff between your toes after you take off your socks).

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
ligolski said:
o and here is my official inactive list based off the beginniing list:
plomid
karshkin (though much better than others)
enigmaticCam
zman
foxandfalco
killerplacebos
eorlingas
James Sparrow
Bahamut

Some may be more active than others but these stand out to be the most...

DANG I CAN"T VOTE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(
whoever did that...errrr...Wow and I was the most active player...
I'm not inactive, I just don't have anything to go off of.

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
thats actually a good plan doc. so far none of the missions have helped the town. not only that, but waiting for members in the event to make there decision is killing the game. theres no reason we should still be on day 3.

I say screw events!! (After this one o' course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom