• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IF Sakurai decided to start DLC, which would you rather have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Package A:
1) 5 New Characters
2) 10 New Stages
3) The 15 or so cut songs
4) More Stage Builder parts/backgrounds
5) 20 New Events

or

Package B:
1) 3 New Characters
2) 5 New Stages
3) A few new Stage Builder parts
4) A new rule menu that allows you to toggle...
Hit Stun: Low High
Tripping: On Off
Lag Cancelling: On Off

And a few more advanced options

I'm interested to hear what competitive players would choose

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I was a competitive player and I would have to choose...
B!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of now I love brawl but cannot see myself playing competitively.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
thats a close one ... i knew right away that something big was coming up for the fewer amount of characters , stages and stage builder parts in package b.

I think I would go with package b as we have a lot of stages and stage builder isnt that great in the first place (Only 3 backgrounds and the randomness element you get from the already given stages is almost gone) plus its a diffrence of only 2 characters (which is a lot but not enough to cancel out the tripping on/off option).

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
package a

tripping isn't a big deal, i'd rather have a new characters/stages

but this is pointless considering we wouldn't get ANY of either of those packages, even if dlc were possible.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Those options in Package B would be wierd. I think it might make problems for people cause some would play with high and some with play with low hitstun then people at tourneys would have to play with the setting the tourney uses. I think it would create a lot of confusion in the scene for newcomers.

But that tripping on off toggle is tempting...

I guess I would say A just because I don't want anyone to be playing a different game than anyone else, we would need 2 competitive scenes which would make each of them smaller and we don't want a tiny competitive scene. Now if that was just the way the game was and everyone had to play that way, B sounds good.

M.K

Level 55
PACKAGE A!!!!

Hey, I'd take two new characters over no tripping ANY day >.> It doesn't upset me that much.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Tripping's bad, but I've learned to live with it. Package B would be the sort of the thing that would require a change in the physics engine- I don't know if Nintendo or Sakurai would be willing to do such a thing.

I pick package A. As much as I like the content that's already there, I feel that something's missing.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
PACKAGE A!!!!

Hey, I'd take two new characters over no tripping ANY day >.> It doesn't upset me that much.
dude, its not about the tripping, its about the L-canceling!!
If you think about it, eventually the slow characters are going to be almost unplayable because of this lack of L canceling, so you may get 2 new characters but in reality you don't because only a few characters will be playable. a friend of yours who prolly sucks at this game will just go meta knight and always win.

let the flamming begin

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Too tough to call.

On one hand B would add the technical depth I desire from this game, but my friends like Brawl more cause it evened our skill levels. Adding that depth would make it Melee 2.0 for them.

I'd probably say A just because my group of friends would enjoy that more.

D

Deleted member

A.

I hope people can just help each other up when they trip in tourneys, or at leadt let the other guy get up.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Package A:
1) 5 New Characters
2) 10 New Stages
3) The 15 or so cut songs
4) More Stage Builder parts/backgrounds
5) 20 New Events

or

Package B:
1) 3 New Characters
2) 5 New Stages

I'm interested to hear what competitive players would choose
Package A because the only reason why I would choose package B is for L canceling and tripping

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
It would depend for me on what characters are in each package. Tripping is bull, but I think it would be worth it if we got the extra 2 characters if we still had to suffer through tripping.

However, if that extra 2 included Krystal, I'd take package B just out of spite.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
package a strictly for the songs =D

seriously, the soundtrack is sooo good and anythingelse would be great.
i would not want new characters though, i like the balance now

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
dude, its not about the tripping, its about the L-canceling!!
If you think about it, eventually the slow characters are going to be almost unplayable because of this lack of L canceling, so you may get 2 new characters but in reality you don't because only a few characters will be playable. a friend of yours who prolly sucks at this game will just go meta knight and always win.

let the flamming begin
The people picking A are probably never going to get near that level where it matters.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
B.
It'd be so much better without tripping, and I'd be ok if L-canceling since I still press L on most of the slow characters. I'm ok with just getting 3 characters, as long as Micaiah or Ridley is one of them.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Package A because I'm not a tournytard + My favorite songs got cut

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Definitely A. Tripping doesn't happen enough for me to sacrifice 5 stages and 2 characters for it.

Seeing as I've already adapted to Brawl's aerial mechanics I don't see why I'd want to relearn L cancelling anyways.

TwilightKnight

Smash Cadet
I would chose package B. I'd rather have more depth in this game than none, I don't care too much about two extra characters that I'll probably never be interested in using anyways.

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
I'll get A: tripping, strange hitstun and no lag cancel is already part of the game...

also, this game needs more trophies: less animal crossing ones and more pit/fire emblem/MGS/stuff that has a playable character but 20 less trophies than animal crossing (this AC overload annoys me)

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I'm not a competitive player (although I want to be, no dang tournaments)

I'd have to say B...because I've lost many matches thanks to tripping

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
A, not even close.

it pisses me off how so many people are crybabies about how brawl changed around. so, tripping is annoying. deal. this game will evolve in its own way, the advanced things were changed for a reason, the game can be competitive either way. 5 characters, 10 stages would be awesome enough, but stage builder improvements, more music, and events? hells yes!

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
They both look tempting but i'd go ith A. Tripping is a little annoying but i'd go for more characters anyday.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
Package B, it would change brawl tremendously. People would stop whining and We could take brawl to a whole new level.

BUT!! IF package A would contain Waluigi as a playable character, I would spit on package B and become a master with Waluigi even with the lack of advanced techniques that brawl seems to have right now.

I would give up ANYTHING in brawl just to be able to play Waluigi =(

hell, if you would understand my dissapointment when I saw he were only gonna be an assist trophy =/, my hype for brawl just dissapeared for a while.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Package B:
1) 3 New Characters
2) 5 New Stages

Imagine Master Chief as a secret character!

Yeah, that tripping on and off would be awesome.-_-

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tripping I can handle. One random thing won't kill the game for me. For more hitstun, just play Heavy Brawl. Heavy Brawl fixes a lot, and makes Brawl more like Brawl 2.0 (NOT MELEE 2.0!). Brawl 2.0 FTW! :) So Package A is the easy choice for me. :) The more chance for Ridley, Krystal, Geno, Issac, Mewtwo, Roy, Mega Man, Balloon Fighter, Plusle and Minun (WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO I LIKE THE IDEA!?!?!?), Pichu (I want to see you all CRY AGAIN! :laugh:), or just flat out ANYONE, the better. Characters > Life! :laugh:

Just stop thinking of Melee techniques, and you won't trip! STOP SINNING AGAINST BRAWL! [Lavis Fiend's tripping happens when you sin thread reference] :laugh:

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
What is L-canceling? Right now, I'd probably choose package A, because Mewtwo was one of my mains, and I was really hoping for tails and Soma Cruz to be a playable characters.:(
L-canceling is an advanced technique that wuz in melee. It involves pressing the L, R or Z button after you perform an ariel attack and land to reduce lag. it wuz useful, but is not in brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom