• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If marth and falco are being nerfed in the US version...

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Then how do we play with the ****?
Just FYI, some Japanese may be offended by you calling them "****". That term has since become derogatory.

(On topic) There'll probably be some patches restricted to online play.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Just FYI, some Japanese may be offended by you calling them "****". That term has since become derogatory.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Also; I think they'll be a patch. Or they'll just leave it. I don't they will be any restrictions, that would be ridiculous.

Muffinabus

Smash Rookie
It's no different then calling Americans Amers
Yes, it is. Historically, the word "***" has been used as a derogative term for people of Japanese descent since WWII.

EDIT: Hay look, the word is even censored, why would that be?

Basmothel

Smash Cadet
It's no different then calling Americans Amers
I have actually never heard that one before. I was still under the impression we were called "yankees." Least, s'what my Canadian friends say.

Anyways, horrible racial issue aside, there is already a topic on the US release changes. I seriously don't see why this thread is necessary. Not to mention it is clogged with off-topicness due to explanations on a racial slur.

And they will most likely patch all versions with bug fixes and balance changes or lock different versions of the game from communicating. Simple. I personally hope for bug fixing.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
And you guys always tell us to get over the use of the N word( Hypocrites). Who cares. I'm sure he had no intention of using it in a derogatory manner. Lets stick to the topic at hand.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I love how this became a racial topic all of a sudden. I'd like to see some proof about this patch. Sakurai balanced each character himself, I don't see why they'd change anything in the game.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Cuz they love FE more then we do and Marth has been in threee (I think) FE games which is more than any other FE character.

He's like the Cloud of Japan in RPG terms if I'm not mistaken...

Oh yeah, NIGG@S!

6footninja

Smash Ace
Yes it is.
Off topic: its the same thing. I wouldnt be offended by being called an "amer". Its halfing the proper name. So what makes halving "japanese" so wrong? ***. He just said it cus hes feelin a bit lazy and wants to type it up faster.

On topic: I havent thought about it, maybe we'll have to settle with what we have

Basmothel

Smash Cadet
Off topic: its the same thing. I wouldnt be offended by being called an "amer". Its halfing the proper name. So what makes halving "japanese" so wrong? ***. He just said it cus hes feelin a bit lazy and wants to type it up faster.

On topic: I havent thought about it, maybe we'll have to settle with what we have
Half of Japanese would be "Japa." And ever wonder why it is censored by the language filter. It's been a derogatory term since it was used in such a way during WWII. We kept Japanese people in our own internment camps (they cut that out of History class though) and our soldiers went "hunting" for the word in question. It's been a slur ever since.

This thread is derailing fast with even more racist remarks appearing every other post. I only continue the trend to educate people on why certain things are rude to certain cultures.

And on topic; I would love to see proof to these changes. All I've seen are forum posts, which have been wrong since the dawn of the internet. As well as if there are any other balance/bug fixes in the game that hasn't been discovered yet, if this is true.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
First off, you guys need to get off the racial stuff, it doesn't sound like the guy meant to offend, so give it a rest, this is for Smash. A freaking videogame. Let's talk about THAT.

And seeing as most of us have yet to play Brawl, let alone BOTH versions, it seems kind of ridiculous for everyone to be up in arms because somebody thinks they play kinda sorta different but you can't really tell anyways. The game hasn't even been out long enough for anyone to master. Unless we have a video or something comparing any sort of differences, and since we have NO official word on it yet, I'm still going to say this isn't real.

Don't get me wrong, I want them both nerfed horribly. I would love to be wrong on this. But when you consider this isn't Melee, all the characters have been changed in some form or another, and Sakurai went over them all with a fine-toothed comb, I don't see them tweaking the American version. This soon anyways.

Again, get me some proof, please PROVE this to me. I want to be wrong. I really do.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Moving on.....
I think ya'll should listen to this man here. Serioulsly, the last thing I want to read is a bunch of idiot high school kids pontificate on what racism and ethnocentrism is. You guys don't know **** and have no clue on what you're talking about. Less of that, and more talk about Brawl........So please, lets move on......Thanks.

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
First off, you guys need to get off the racial stuff, it doesn't sound like the guy meant to offend, so give it a rest, this is for Smash. A freaking videogame. Let's talk about THAT.

And seeing as most of us have yet to play Brawl, let alone BOTH versions, it seems kind of ridiculous for everyone to be up in arms because somebody thinks they play kinda sorta different but you can't really tell anyways. The game hasn't even been out long enough for anyone to master. Unless we have a video or something comparing any sort of differences, and since we have NO official word on it yet, I'm still going to say this isn't real.

Don't get me wrong, I want them both nerfed horribly. I would love to be wrong on this. But when you consider this isn't Melee, all the characters have been changed in some form or another, and Sakurai went over them all with a fine-toothed comb, I don't see them tweaking the American version. This soon anyways.

Again, get me some proof, please PROVE this to me. I want to be wrong. I really do.
exactly!!! why is everybody so gullible? we need solid proof before this is taken seriously. I mean its just like that prophet crap all over again "one of my friends that works for nintendo" OMG!! BULL!!! lets just wait two more days and hold judgement.

D

Deleted member

We kept Japanese people in our own internment camps (they cut that out of History class though) and our soldiers went "hunting" for the word in question. It's been a slur ever since.
What crazy *** school did you go to? My public school in California taught us that. You must live in Utah or Texas.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
They didn't cut that fact out of my history class... don't stereotype Texas.

Uh... on topic. I had no idea about any changes in any characters between the Japanese (that wasn't so hard to type) and the United States version of Brawl.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
So are these changes legit? I don't see why DMBrandom would flat out lie to the community (sure doesn't seem like a joke thread to me) so I believe him for now, but there are plenty of people in that thread with conflicting claims.

DNasty

Smash Rookie
I dont care at all about marth, but I really hope they didn't tone down falco.

and we beat the **** in WWII, we can call them whatever we want.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Hah, Yankee...

I have actually never heard that one before. I was still under the impression we were called "yankees." Least, s'what my Canadian friends say.
Off topic, but; just to inform any non-American people here:

Yankee isn't offensive to Americans anymore. We see it more as of a joke, now. Hell, we laugh at foreigners who try to use it as a derogatory statement. And trust me, living in Pensacola yields plenty of foreign tourists (and yes, I have really heard foreigners call me, and a bunch of people Yankees. Maybe it's because we're in the south that we find it funny. Hell, calling someone a hick down here is just as hilarious).

Just sayin'...

Meanwhile, back to on topic...

We won't know till we get our game, now will we? It's that lovely little waiting game. I'm under the impression that yes, we will beable to play online worldwide, with different versions of the game.

D

Deleted member

There is nothing someone can say to me as a white American that will offend me. Cracker? Yankee? Who cares, I don't see why people get so bent out of shape by this stuff.

And Mr. M your signature is hilarious.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
We got an early release today of the American version today, and we've noticed a few things that have changed.

Falco can no longer Short Hop Double Laser

It still can't be DI'd, or fast fell, but the singular laser will hit the standing target, most of the time. (There's still a bit of timing to be done) His short hop is more along the lines of his melee counter-part now......

....Falco can jump normally now, this is madness! This could mean worlds of opportunity to updates!
To me this says that falco got buffed. From what i heard shor hop dl was no were near as usefule as shl. Faloc cant fast fall but he can still shl. Marth idk or care.

Top Bottom