• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If marth and falco are being nerfed in the US version...

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
If marth and falco are being nerfed in the US version, then you pick up Jigglypuff, and pwn those honky *** japanesies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This thread has failed in multiple ways. First of all it is based on the idea that Marth and Falco are being nerfed in the English version the game which has yet to be substantiated by fact in any post.
Then it sparks a debate about racism because the TC unwittingly throws out a racial slur. Then everyone starts to brush it off like racism is a joke.

So. Much. Fail.

aho43

Smash Lord
First of all. Marth + falco will not be nerfed for the US version. I'd put money on the fact that dmbrandon's post was BS. why hasn't he posted a response in it yet? and there have been reports from other people w/ claim to have the US copy and say that DMBrandon's assertion contradicts what they are seeing when they play the game. second of all, people in the US, unless you have some sort of amazing internet connection, will not be playing w/ Japanese brawlers online. The latency will be too much. 3rdly, if its true that falco can't shdl, being able to shl isn't necessarily a buff. Can he shl because they made the laser slower? or because he falls faster. both big differences. fyi you can still SHL if you want to, nobody said you have to shoot 2, you just learn the timing to get it close to the ground, also you can shdl while getting the 2nd shot close to the ground also, just a matter of timing. but yea, falco is gonna be exactly the same in US brawl, promise.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Then how do we play with the ****?
We lose. Plain and simple.

That, or we bust out ROB and hope for some easy spike kills.

I dont care at all about marth, but I really hope they didn't tone down falco.

and we beat the **** in WWII, we can call them whatever we want.
IGNORANCE ALERT

The term is "Japanese". Please cast aside the unbridled racial prejudice of our forefathers so that we may move on.

mukai013

Smash Rookie
Off topic: its the same thing. I wouldnt be offended by being called an "amer". Its halfing the proper name. So what makes halving "japanese" so wrong? ***. He just said it cus hes feelin a bit lazy and wants to type it up faster.

On topic: I havent thought about it, maybe we'll have to settle with what we have
just because he was feeling lazy doesnt give him the right to be racist
and he has no proof that they were nerfed he fails double time

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
This thread has failed in multiple ways. First of all it is based on the idea that Marth and Falco are being nerfed in the English version the game which has yet to be substantiated by fact in any post.
Then it sparks a debate about racism because the TC unwittingly throws out a racial slur. Then everyone starts to brush it off like racism is a joke.

So. Much. Fail.
The internet is an ugly place, isn't it?

As for the topic, it's all according to Sakurai's plan. Japan gets buffs on Marth and Falco, and the US starts using only counterpicks for their buffed Marths and Falcos. Then Europe (Nazi Germany in particular) gets buffs on the counterpicks for those counterpicks.

Just Sakurai's way of getting back at us for WWII.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I guess we'll have to compare in three or so days... Until then, we'll bide our time, then post again on this thread.

**** black ppl call themselves the N word, give it a rest. Has anyone here been offended? So shut the **** up and move along!

Darkslash

Smash Master
During WWII the term "***" was used as a Insult to the Japanese. Now it is considered a Racial Slur like the N-word. Words like Yanks(American) and Canuck(Canadians) are not considered racist becuase the countries take Pride in those names (New York Yankees and Vancouver Canucks).

Any ways, no proof that Falco and Marth got Nerfed.

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
A little offtopic but it still needs to be addressed. Weither a word is bad or not and if it offends someone, they should just show respect to the person and not use it.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
Wow how do we know if there nerfed again? Yeah my main is marth and my friends main is falco so . . . wow how lame. Is there any proof that there nerfed?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
1. An online patch is released
2. Regional restrictions
3. The nerfs are myths
4. Most of us wont be playing vs JPN because of horrible lag anyway >.>

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just FYI, some Japanese may be offended by you calling them "****". That term has since become derogatory.

(On topic) There'll probably be some patches restricted to online play.
I was about to say this.

@Tino's White Horse, R.O.B. is great, I dunno what you mean.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
A racial slur only remains a racial slur so long as people interpret it as such. I think that people remaining ignorant of the 'racist' meaning of certain words helps to eradicate the hard feelings set forth by said words. Hell, as someone else said in this thread, various black youths use the 'n-word' as a greeting or expression of companionship, including myself and some friends. Until people stop being overly sensitive about a word, racism will never cease to exist.

Anyways, to get back on topic, last I knew there was no evidence supporting DMBrandon's claims of change in the USA release of Brawl, as others have tested his claims themselves and come up with deconfirmations.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Well, isn't Super Mario Strikers region-locked?

Don't be too hopeful guys, it could be region-locked, at least the online play. A Japanese Brawl & North American Brawl might not be compatible.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I didn't know we could in the first place.

1. That would make for some terrible lag.
3. The system won't match up with people that far away. If it's With Friends, refer to Reason 1.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know we could in the first place.

1. That would make for some terrible lag.
3. The system won't match up with people that far away. If it's With Friends, refer to Reason 1.

Missing something, are we? :chuckle:

In all likelyhood playing with ppl in Japan will be far too laggy even if it is techincally possible.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Something tells me that this thread isn't locked yet because of this racial argument. Crazy I know!
EB08

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't there something to do with the WiFi network only working around your area? So you wont be playing "****" unless you bring a U.S. copy to Japan and play it, or someone brings a Japan copy to the U.S. and plays it.

Anyways, this is news to me, news that I am very happy to hear. Marth and Falco got Nerf'd! Yay!

Top Bottom