• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I streamed Smash 4 daily, would you guys want to watch?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Who wouldn't want to watch?
...*slowly rais*shot*

But, to answer the question, I'll watch. Mostly due to my want to be involved in the competitive scene.
Though, if anything, it'll mostly be on the 3DS (well, it does help when you have a Wii U, and possibly a TV, that helps too).
So, I'll try to catch a couple episodes to see a feel for competitive play.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'd be too busy playing Smash 4 haha.

Although I could challenge him while he is streaming if that counts lol.
You could have the channel open just to support Smash 4 streaming. The more streaming there is, the bigger the game gets, we should all support this.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I plan to do any and everything possible. I won't go out until my fingers are crippled :( But also on that note, if you guys know anything I can do to stop the finger problems, please tell me

so far what I learned is 2 water bottles a day, soaking my hands in hot water for 15-20 min with "espon salt" (?), wearing a wrist brace/glove-thingy to sleep, and stretches. But I only know general stuff and the more info you guys give me (even if it's a hyperlink for something to buy) can definitely help out.

also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline? lol (if anything exists without a bunch of crappy bad negative side effects)
Mewtwoking every time you lose a tourney, the atoms and chemicals in your brain reduced your hairline by 1.74mm on average.

I suggest you win tournaments and pretend to have a low self esteem to trick your mind into playing better.

Last edited:

ArdentRage

Smash Rookie
I plan to do any and everything possible. I won't go out until my fingers are crippled :( But also on that note, if you guys know anything I can do to stop the finger problems, please tell me

so far what I learned is 2 water bottles a day, soaking my hands in hot water for 15-20 min with "espon salt" (?), wearing a wrist brace/glove-thingy to sleep, and stretches. But I only know general stuff and the more info you guys give me (even if it's a hyperlink for something to buy) can definitely help out.

also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline? lol (if anything exists without a bunch of crappy bad negative side effects)
I think your best options are to continue doing the things that you have been recommended if you don't have the option of going to the doctor. For your hair you could go use Rogaine or a similar product, also you could shave your head. This would make less noticeable, but I would make sure you like the shape of your head before doing that. Some people don't like their head completely shaved, but you could try it out and see if you like it. For streaming I would definitely watch and want to play. To play you could have people subscribe to your twitch channel and then be put into a pool of people that could play with you. This would be great for getting a steady income, but I wouldn't start it up until at least a month after having been streaming. This way you have a dedicated base of people who have already probably played with you. There are a lot of options. I would personally love to play you in Smash 4 and 3DS, but I am excited for you to get your better connection and be able to stream. Good luck!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Cuz that would be my lifestyle for a few years nairo

I'm not concerned with the current pain, this is nothing, I'm concerned with the long term.

I already have low self-esteem and I always have lol. Nothing to trick.
Easy, do what I always do, expect the worst. It's worked for me.
Though granted I always do get the occasional "stop looking with a glass half-empty" so maybe it's not the best.
....Why are you looking at me like that?

Last edited:

CanadaKOF

Smash Rookie
Would definitely tune in for Smash4 Streams. Would probably prefer character/game engine exploration early on since just playing matches day 1 seems a bit pointless.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
isn't there like shampoos that regrow hair or something idk. I heard bad things about side effects of most hair products tbh. I did a lot of research which is why I never started on them. I probably won't be streaming for months because no better options are available at my location (I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm typing this on a slow netbook using really crappy DSL. I hate it here cuz of this).

Last edited:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
isn't there like shampoos that regrow hair or something idk. I heard bad things about side effects of most hair products tbh. I did a lot of research which is why I never started on them.
Technology and genetics could be your best friend in this scenario.

You've pretty much suggested everything I would as far as helping externally. The rest would have to be dietary. Carpel Tunnel and the like are a result of the fibrous tissues in your hand being abused with partial inflammation that affects flexibility. To restore these tissues you need to eat vitamin rich foods that also act as an anti-inflammatory agent, like foods that are rich in Vitamin B6. Eating the foods more raw helps out a lot, so meat, colorful vegetables, potatoes, rich starchy foods help. Try not to over cook your protein as it denatures the essential nutrients you need. Try picking up cooking your own food as a hobby as well. I know it's difficult since I know you travel and you are accustomed to eating fast food or whatever just to refuel yourself, but finding the time to cook would be very beneficial. Also, taking a break from the game is very helpful. Find an outlet to relax with, maybe just turn on some relaxing music and just laying down will help; getting sleep works wonders for your health.

As far as hair goes, I'm not too sure. There are techniques in restoring hair follicles and vitamins you can eat to promote growing thicker healthier hair, but I'm not 100% sure it will undue damage, as it is a natural process. Then again, celebrities have gotten their hair back before when their hair was clearly receding (Michael Scott). But imma be real with you, I think if you shaved your head you would do fine; you're a handsome dude. You can pull it off. : )
Get some new clothes, change your diet, maybe work out a bit and you'll look and feel great man I guarantee it.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Jason- I just learned some finger/hand stretches that will help you out. And im glad you made this thread finally. I think even sakurai would watch your stream :)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
isn't there like shampoos that regrow hair or something idk. I heard bad things about side effects of most hair products tbh. I did a lot of research which is why I never started on them. I probably won't be streaming for months because no better options are available at my location (I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm typing this on a slow netbook using really crappy DSL. I hate it here cuz of this).
If you want, I'll probably be streaming from day one, we could have some wifi matches and you could also upload them to your channel. Or I could go in as an spectator to matches between you and some other person and stream them myself, I can also record it then send it to you and you can upload it, that way people would watch your channel (it wouldn't be streamed but it will be something). Then once you get a better connection then you just start streaming yourself.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
? my genetics are my dad/grandpop on both sides of the family have receding hairline. I don't see how this is a best friend? and I'm not down for negative side effects.
What about technology? There's always that.

Hong

The Strongest
For what it's worth, I have helped 300+ APM competitive StarCraft II players deal with wrist problems. Though I suppose fighting games but more strain on the fingers than the wrist, it may still be worth consideration.

Competitive gaming never has to be downward health spiral, but there are things that will require daily attention to not suffer these issues. I am a bit of a hypocrite as I have neglected my own daily routines, and have suffered an RSI in my right hand yet again as a result. When I made the right lifestyle choices and stuck with them, not letting up for a day, I not only recovered but never suffered the pain.

Though I am not here to chastise you. Just take care of yourself, M2K. I like what you do and I don't want to see you miss an important match because of a health problem that could have been avoided.

Edit -
http://www.youtube.com/user/yogatic/search?query=carpal+tunnel

The first three results may be worth looking at. They will help to loosen the hand, as finger pains can start from as far up as the arm.

Last edited:

PB&J

Smash Hero
Im moving back up north next month and I can just let m2k stream at my place on his channel. M2k stream coming right up

Hean

Smash Rookie
I would watch for sure! I always watch anything that has to do with a top Melee player. Would be awesome to hear early opinions on the game while playing about moves and stuff :D

hahapwnd09

Smash Rookie
I'd watch it every once in a while if it is the same game. A part of streaming is to be entertaining to the audience, which while your play is off the carts great, I don't think that watching the same game and play for days would be that great. Unless you get other people and friends, or something like that to make things interesting, or if there is hype for a match you plan on doing. But if you do a variety of games, even if just on some occasions, i'd defiantly watch those because i wouldn't know if you would play it again, but smash, if i ever have a craving to watch some, i'd know that when you're streaming, it's probably smash, so you'd be a big source for that, being who you are. But this is just my opinion.

Ultimately, it is all up to you and how you want to do it. You should try different things, streaming wise, to find out what it is you'd like to do, and if you want to sacrifice any of that, if anything, to compromise for more viewers.

Rule of thumb: Ask yourself if you'd want to watch that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would want to watch it, but if I'm still in my current situation I would be unable to. Satellite internet sucks and if just a 5 min+ video takes a lot out of the data then a live stream definitely would.

Satellite internet is the bane of my existence. :C

hahapwnd09

Smash Rookie
also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline?
You're hairline is your signature look, it is part of what defines you. You shouldn't be self conscious about it, because all of the things that put you off from other players, we love you for it.

Last edited:

fdfdf

Smash Rookie
I would want to see most characters, and what you think of them/where you would rank them. Then I would wanna see all the maps you think are Tourney legal, etc.etc.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you don't go see a doctor? That's the only thing you can do they do make medicines for ppl with those issues as well a really simple surgerys to correct these problems doesn't make since why you wouldn't go?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most certainly. If there's one good way to learn the game inside out when it first comes out, it's watching the pro guys fiddle around with it. Whenever I won't be playing myself, I'll probably catch myself watching your stream if it takes off, so I'd absolutely watch it. Just remember to take care and not over-stress your hands, the last thing we'd want to do is hurt you.

As for the hairline talk, I have long hair and my head is already growing over it. It won't be long before I look like some mad doomsayer prophet. At the very least you look decent with it :p

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
YES YES YES YES AND YES

DO IT JASON

Sorry for the double post but on a more serious note I'd highly suggest that you go see a doctor about your finger pains Jason. It would be an absolute shame to see a player of your caliber be forced to retire due to long term hand injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah, I'll watch. Seems like it'd be pretty fun. ¦D

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
I don't care much about watching streams generally, but it would be interesting to see what Smash 4 looks like since I probably won't be getting a Wii U.

As for the finger pains - keep regular breaks (the suggested 15 mins every hour exists for a reason). Make note of how much force you are using to press the buttons - on a GC controller, especially the shoulder buttons tend to be quite stiff (and you need to press them often). If possible, I would suggest trying to learn to play in a way that stresses your fingers less. A general good health also probably helps, so make sure to keep yourself in good shape and pay extreme attention to things related to posture. Fixing bad habits will seriously help you in the long run, especially if you play multiple hours a day. You don't want to quit playing games entirely once you hit thirties, do you? Keep breaks - the more often, the better. During breaks, you might want to walk around, flex your body and do finger/wrist stretches for a bit. Even if the breaks are short, it's way better than long periods of continuous playing.

Soaking etc. will help, but I think that the only thing that can truly fix these things is to rebuild your habits. Let your body (especially the fingers) get enough rest and gradually it might get better - at least it should not get worse. As for whether my advice is legit - I'm no doctor and I have no medical background. However, I had some issues related to posture and excessive gaming before which caused somewhat severe pains - fixing that took a while, but I think that it's a lifelong investment with good returns. At any rate, do some research and decide a course of action for yourself - the internet is full of everything.

Last edited:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Look at your thread views.. 1600+ Just a fraction of these people would be enough for you to get front page...
And then you would only get more popular.

Luigi player

Smash Master

Your body probably needs more (better) vitamins and minerals.
There are like 90 nutrients that the body needs to function. And if some are missing there will be appearances of absence, once it's been like that longer (and more is missing).

In the past years the ground lost like 70 % of it's nutrients so plants and food like that don't get them anymore and then you don't get them from eating them.

And while I'm at the topic of nutrition: A knowledgeable guy from Herbalife (a company that sells healthy food stuff) told me many bad things about bad food, and that it doesn't just not have enough nutrients, but they also make things worse for the body. He made a comment about not having the right vitamins/minerals can lead to hair loss.

So you should probably look more into what you eat and try to eat healthier, and also take some extra vitamins/minerals.
I can't promise that these will solve your problems, but they should definitely help you over time, since everyone needs them anyways.

That said, I would probably watch your stream sometimes.

Top Bottom