• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I streamed Smash 4 daily, would you guys want to watch?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
UPDATE

I am starting in about 2 weeks. www.twitch.tv/mew2king

mostly melee/pm for now

please follow/subscribe/etc as I will be using this soon, and definitely in the near future

I will also probably be streaming smash 4 for weeks before the game is released in the USA

I am planning to stream Smash 4 daily, on twitch.tv, when the time comes that the game is released.

This will include competitive matches, possibly wifi matches, possibly item matches, maybe I'll compete in single player stuff (mostly it will be competitive matches and sometimes wifi matches), and I will try to teach other players how to become better at the game. Also I will try to be an entertainer. I enjoy doing that.

The problem is I am developing major finger/hand problems, and honestly I do not know how much longer I can compete in gaming at the rate this is happening (I only started to notice these problems about 2 years ago; happened a lot at Apex 2013 and happens randomly now. could be tendonitis or arthritis or carpel tunnel or idk what it is honestly). So I want to get at least a good year of this whenever possible. Also, competing in tournaments for money is very frustrating too and I would rather be an entertainer/teacher later on (or maybe in addition to). Or just play for fun (but still very competitively) and have people watch if they want.

I will post more info when the time comes

or follow these 2 links for immediate updates when they happen:
www.facebook.com/mewtwoking
www.twitter.com/ct_mew2king
and www.facebook.com/m2k111 but don't friend request me only "follow" me (that's why I made the other /mewtwoking page; before this was an option)

I am not totally sure what channel I will use yet. It could be www.twitch.tv/mew2king , could be www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments , or one channel that I don't want to reveal yet.

My reasoning for posting my links above is so you can all be updated when the time comes very easily (since it's not like you'll randomly be checking smashboards).

I am also interesting in streaming Project M, Melee, and other games too. I have not started yet simply due to the fact that I have very poor internet where I live and I cannot do this until I move. But I am starting IMMEDIATELY when the game is released (maybe sooner even idk).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let's see.
Mew2King + SSB4 + streaming = hype.
In other words, yeah, I'm pretty sure most will.
The problem here is what? What would you stream.
If anything maybe consider a chance to fight you.
I mean, who wouldn't want a chance against the great Mew2King. Not only does it bring hype, but it brings something else, involvement. A chance to interact. People eat that up, which is why Q&A streams are really popular as of late.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Character moveset showcase would be nice on the first day with your opinions on them. If there's one thing we need to see and know about a character is his/her moveset, and their attributes (like speed comparisons) for research and knowledge.

Last edited:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I plan to do any and everything possible. I won't go out until my fingers are crippled :( But also on that note, if you guys know anything I can do to stop the finger problems, please tell me

so far what I learned is 2 water bottles a day, soaking my hands in hot water for 15-20 min with "espon salt" (?), wearing a wrist brace/glove-thingy to sleep, and stretches. But I only know general stuff and the more info you guys give me (even if it's a hyperlink for something to buy) can definitely help out.

also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline? lol (if anything exists without a bunch of crappy bad negative side effects)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I plan to do any and everything possible. I won't go out until my fingers are crippled :( But also on that note, if you guys know anything I can do to stop the finger problems, please tell me

so far what I learned is 2 water bottles a day, soaking my hands in hot water for 15-20 min with "espon salt" (?), wearing a wrist brace/glove-thingy to sleep, and stretches. But I only know general stuff and the more info you guys give me (even if it's a hyperlink for something to buy) can definitely help out.

also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline? lol (if anything exists without a bunch of crappy bad negative side effects)
Well, let's put it this way.

If you ever feel down, at least you don't have to develop a 4-player crossover fighting game complete with supervision, testing, and making sure people don't screw up on hitboxes, and making sure everyone else (even the fans) are still pleased. All with a terrible case of tendonitis.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Why would we not watch? It's the most versatile smash player showing us how to play the game correctly lol. Any player that wants to be competitive at the game should be interested in seeing you stream at least a couple times a week.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Id watch pretty much anything smash you would stream. For sure would like to see Smash 4 stuff as early as possible from you for your thoughts on people

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion

I would most definitely watch!

Some things to consider, the soaking of the hands in hot water is good. It's called Epsom Salt. Typically cramping is due to a magnesium deficiency and a good multivitamin can take care of that. Especially if you are drinking lots of water, as that can speed up the process that your body removes essential vitamins from your system. I have a receding hairline too... nothing yet. =(

dragoniota

Smash Cadet
I'd have SSB3ds in one hand, WiiU Pro Controller in other, and my laptop beside me with your stream running all the time. I really want to be good at Smash 4 and I'd love to see you stream it as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
At first, I was surprised that everyone wanted to watch daily Smash 4 streams. I was confused, as I thought the common assertion would be that we would all be busy playing the game ourselves. After that, I read the original post, or more specifically, the original posters name. It is all very clear now.

So, yes, I would watch some of the daily streams. Of course, if it wasn't entirely overt based on what I stated prior, I will actually be enjoying the game myself. I don't mean to sound corny, but good luck with your hand problems. That would certainly be a detriment to my enjoyment of the game. So I feel for you.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At first, I was surprised that everyone wanted to watch daily Smash 4 streams. I was confused, as I thought the common assertion would be that we would all be busy playing the game ourselves. After that, I read the original post, or more specifically, the original posters name. It is all very clear now.

So, yes, I would watch some of the daily streams. Of course, if it wasn't entirely overt based on what I stated prior, I will actually be enjoying the game myself. I don't mean to sound corny, but good luck with your hand problems. That would certainly be a detriment to my enjoyment of the game. So I feel for you.
Eh, I'll probably spend the first few days attempting to get everything, then try to break the game with glitches, then online mode. There's watching streams somewhere in there I think.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I am planning to stream Smash 4 daily, on twitch.tv, when the time comes that the game is released.

This will include competitive matches, possibly wifi matches, possibly item matches, maybe I'll compete in single player stuff (mostly it will be competitive matches and sometimes wifi matches), and I will try to teach other players how to become better at the game. Also I will try to be an entertainer. I enjoy doing that.

The problem is I am developing major finger/hand problems, and honestly I do not know how much longer I can compete in gaming at the rate this is happening (I only started to notice these problems about 2 years ago; happened a lot at Apex 2013 and happens randomly now. could be tendonitis or arthritis or carpel tunnel or idk what it is honestly). So I want to get at least a good year of this whenever possible. Also, competing in tournaments for money is very frustrating too and I would rather be an entertainer/teacher later on (or maybe in addition to). Or just play for fun (but still very competitively) and have people watch if they want.

I will post more info when the time comes

or follow these 2 links for immediate updates when they happen:
www.facebook.com/mewtwoking
www.twitter.com/ct_mew2king
and www.facebook.com/m2k111 but don't friend request me only "follow" me (that's why I made the other /mewtwoking page; before this was an option)

I am not totally sure what channel I will use yet. It could be www.twitch.tv/mew2king , could be www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments , or one channel that I don't want to reveal yet.

My reasoning for posting my links above is so you can all be updated when the time comes very easily (since it's not like you'll randomly be checking smashboards).

I am also interesting in streaming Project M, Melee, and other games too. I have not started yet simply due to the fact that I have very poor internet where I live and I cannot do this until I move. But I am starting IMMEDIATELY when the game is released (maybe sooner even idk).
Stream but only use Mega Man and Mario. J/K
In all seriousness I hope your health improves. I would watch your stream.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
So I should buy this epson salt? Is that my best option? anything else?

It's just random finger pains. Like, where my fingers bend, all around the middle of like my pointer and ring fingers especially

been like this for two years a lot on and off esp past year or so. And I type all the time so yea that doesn't help it at all.

and yeah I'd play on the Wii U of course. I'd play 3ds on planes probably. I'll see lol

I hope mewtwo is in this game and he's good! (my fav char in PM). would NOT be surprised to see him make a return..

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Lol, obviously

ALSO, LOL AT 250 PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD. M2K HYPE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
So I should buy this epson salt? Is that my best option? anything else?

It's just random finger pains. Like, where my fingers bend, all around the middle of like my pointer and ring fingers especially

been like this for two years a lot on and off esp past year or so. And I type all the time so yea that doesn't help it at all.

and yeah I'd play on the Wii U of course. I'd play 3ds on planes probably. I'll see lol
I don't know, I would safely assume that going to the doctor would yield better results than an internet forum. I don't mean to sound contentious, it is a real suggestion, if you haven't already, that is. There might be something pertinent to your specific condition.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Yea I'd do Q and A too. Idk if you guys notice but I often ask the stream what character to use at tournaments whenever I'm in pools or sometimes even grand finals. So I go low tiers in melee all the time. It's all based on what the stream wants (usually).

but I know how to play like every char in that game cuz I played it so long. It was like my life investment.... besides these: http://clashtournaments.com/author/ct-mew2king/

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I don't know, I would safely assume that going to the doctor would yield better results than an internet forum. I don't mean to sound contentious, it is a real suggestion, if you haven't already, that is. There might be something pertinent to your specific condition.
Morbid is correct.
There's only so much interenet search you can do before the internet tells you that you have cancer. You're best solution is going to the doctor, but epsom salt can help a lot too.

XenoUltra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nin10doUltra
Switch FC
6286-4808-6298
M2k streaming Smash 4? Hype. I would watch :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
not only is me/family poor but we also don't have health insurance. Rather do online research. I'm already taking steps. Also the thing is the pains are random, not severe, I just fear it may get server in the near future at this rate. The doctor wouldn't see anything cuz I don't see nor feel anything most of the time but it will randomly hurt a lot too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...How about guests? Maybe bringing in some other Smashers as guest stars?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you ever get to checking out Pit and Bowser, be sure to let me know. As the 2 current veterans who clearly have new moves and such (who also are my mains), I definitely wanna see how they are in the game.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Of course man. I was actually planning on trying to build the streaming hype as much as I can.

Smash 4 has the possibility of being the most popular Smash till date with how streaming works this day (and the possibility of lagless wifi).

I will probable keep your channel open even when I am not home to support your streams.

On another note I am also planning to stream Smash 4 at least all weekends. I bought an Elgato HD Video Capture which works with the Wii U and I have already tested streaming Sonic Lost World on 720p with no lag.

I am just waiting on Smash 4 to come out to start streaming. :D. Maybe we could do some games on wifi, assuming its lagless.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Watch M2K Stream the new Smash, possibly turning into a mentor until the end of his gaming days?

You can either say yes, or you can be wrong.

Top Bottom