• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idiotic people

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or is Wifi filled with these? I mean, I've only been playing this game for a few days and already I noticed it.

Just to state one example, yesterday I joined a random one. First fight starts, and amongst us there is one afk(or afc) Kirby. 'Til now it's fine, I mean he might have had to do something more important at the time or something.

But a few games later, I end up with two new persons. Here's who is in the fight; Samus(I), Kirby(still afk), Ike and Marth. As soon as the fight starts I notice something strange. Whenever Marth or Ike moves/fights, the other one stops moving completly. So I tell myself , Hey, it might just be a coincidence or something. But after a fight or two, I notice that it's been like that since the start.

Like, whenever I would approach one of them, he would start fighting and the other would stop completly. After a few games I started thinking it could have been the same guy. But yeah I still thought, maybe it's just luck or something. Eventually, they went into sudden death(Marth vs Ike only). Both of them just threw themselves into the hole, ending the match. I came to the conclusion that it MUST have been the same person using two controllers.

So my question is, are all people on Wifi THAT stupid? I mean, what's the point in doing this? Only a few days into the game and I already gave up on Wifi cause it seems really pointless.

And by the way, no comments on the fact that I've lost. I'm still a beginner to Brawl and quite honestly, it was around 5 am and I was getting tired.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
If you're asking if NOOBS exist in basic brawl, then yes, they're everywhere.
Once you learn how to spike easy, trust me its fun to do on noobs!

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Oh I know how to spike, at least with Samus. But yeah I just thought I'd come accross a few interesting fights, but in fact I only got 2 or 3 out of around 30 match-ups.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Hey! Yea i know ur situation but sadly..it was not the same person using 2 controllers..its just 2 people that have been in the same room for a while who just team and kill emselves.:(

And believe me wifi can be bad...but Team battles are sometimes fun

And theres always Brawl with friends!

Vel

Smash Apprentice
If you get that stuff again, you should just disconnect and then re-connect - you'll get away from those ppl and get new ppl to fight

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't the same guy you fought. That was just a taunt party. If they suicided on a sudden death it mean's they didn't want to fight each other. You'll usually run into groups of people like that on Wifi.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it's very possible that those two characters were controlled by the same guy. I've been using a wifi hack that allows me to play vs. anyone with my brother. That guy must have been using two controllers by himself and thought it was funny.

If you want to get easy wins, I suggest Olimar. Never throw your pikmin, but grab opponents and attempt to spike. Olimar's spike comes out very fast and hits hard. :lick:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've never heard of that.
The best think to do would be to throw their second character offstage.
And to answer your question, yes. Nobody in a with-anyone fight is good, they're all Ikes.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
What's worse is people who don't know how to recover. Looks like they didn't read the Dojo.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
You think that's bad? T thought they just focused on killing Kirby when I read the first few sentences. Trust me, that's way worse. At least you have a chance of beating them. Btw, for the multiplayer code to work on Wi-Fi people have to join their room. They joined your's.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
that's impossible. only one person can play from one wii.
Hello, read the thread first.

And yeah, like everyone else said... just disconnect. I think they should've implemented something where if you don't touch your controller at all in a match, you get disconnected. It's not meant to punish people who aren't there simply for not being there, but rather it keeps more active people on. That's just imo though.

Also, taunt parties are stupid.

Revven

FrankerZ
that's impossible. only one person can play from one wii. and don't play random its hopeless...
No it's not. There's a code called "Play 2 to 3 players on the same Wii in With Anyone" and allows P2 and P3 on the same Wii to join. There's also a code that can be used in conjunction with that called "P1 controls all players" and thus, P1 can control both P1, P2, and P3. When that happens, when P1 presses A, the other two players press A and they're both completely synced together BECAUSE P1 is controlling both players.

It's unlikely the person you fought was using P1 controls all players but, it's likely he was using the first code.

Honestly... I'm surprised nobody knew about these two codes lol.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
Is it just me or is Wifi filled with these? I mean, I've only been playing this game for a few days and already I noticed it.

Just to state one example, yesterday I joined a random one. First fight starts, and amongst us there is one afk(or afc) Kirby. 'Til now it's fine, I mean he might have had to do something more important at the time or something.

But a few games later, I end up with two new persons. Here's who is in the fight; Samus(I), Kirby(still afk), Ike and Marth. As soon as the fight starts I notice something strange. Whenever Marth or Ike moves/fights, the other one stops moving completly. So I tell myself , Hey, it might just be a coincidence or something. But after a fight or two, I notice that it's been like that since the start.

Like, whenever I would approach one of them, he would start fighting and the other would stop completly. After a few games I started thinking it could have been the same guy. But yeah I still thought, maybe it's just luck or something. Eventually, they went into sudden death(Marth vs Ike only). Both of them just threw themselves into the hole, ending the match. I came to the conclusion that it MUST have been the same person using two controllers.

So my question is, are all people on Wifi THAT stupid? I mean, what's the point in doing this? Only a few days into the game and I already gave up on Wifi cause it seems really pointless.

And by the way, no comments on the fact that I've lost. I'm still a beginner to Brawl and quite honestly, it was around 5 am and I was getting tired.
This only happen to me once but not frequently, but never the less, yea it gets annoying.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you want to feel good about yourself, hide in the corner and wait for a hammer to appear next to you.
Or be Ike and just fsmash, like every other person does.

Geist

Smash Master
People are idiots outside the internet as well you know.

Fun fact: The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
I just don't like it when I join a fight, and 3 out of 4 of the people are fighting, and the other one is just sitting there. I always hope that they get disconnected or something, but they don't. They pick various characters too so it makes me think they are selecting characters, selecting stages, and then just putting the remote down to watch.
-_-

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Wifi is free. What can you expect.
Well, Guitar Hero World Tour is free too, and the Wifi is actually pretty damm good. I guess they just didn't bother with Brawl's.

But yeah, I know now that you can't have two players on Wifi from the same Wii. And just how lame is that? That's probably the only way my girlfriend would have played with me(if we could have teamed up online).

Overally, I just thought people wouldn't bother doing such things, considering there's no profiles or anything to boost(at least not to my knowledge).

And regarding the codes, I'm guessing those are accessible to modded Wiis? Or with some cheating device(Gameshark, Action Replay, etc)? I really wish I could team up with my gf to play online, it would make the thing much more worth it.

Top Bottom