• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Identical Non-Nintendo Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'm lookin' for a new controller, and since I'm aware that Nintendo-branded ones are hard to come by, I've seen many of the cheaper ones. They claim to be identical to the Nintendo brand, just without the name stamp.

Do these work as well as the controllers originally sold in '01?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've messed around with one before and it felt really tight, and almost kinda gritty when you press the triggers. I have no idea how long they last though, or if maybe the one I used just needed to be broken in.

Sybawave, get in here and tell this guy what's up. (he's got one)

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
They're no good lol. A friend of mine had one of these and it lasted like a month, and wasn't up to par in quality or as comfortable as the real controllers.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My friend ordered one of those white controllers from Japan or whatever, and he ended up getting a fake one without the stamp and such.

The difference is brutal. The buttons are a little tougher and the triggers are like blunt buttons, making wavedashing and l-cancel really difficult. Like, seriously. Enjoy you're arthritis.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I had a white controller without the stamp. it broke after a month of BRAWL. imagine what Melee would do to it.

point is: 3rd party controllers suck.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
does anyone know an alternative? i've been in gamestop recently and they didn't have 1st party nintendo controllers (contrary to 1wingedangel's claim). i'm kinda concerned cuz it's only a matter of time before my wavebirds die, and then what?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Thanks.

does anyone know an alternative? i've been in gamestop recently and they didn't have 1st party nintendo controllers (contrary to 1wingedangel's claim). i'm kinda concerned cuz it's only a matter of time before my wavebirds die, and then what?
eBay. I'll probably get mine from there.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Don't mess with 3rd party ****. I got a used official nintendo controller from Gamestop the other day for 12 bucks and its probably the best controller I own now. The joystick was flawless, and the B-button very springy (2 things I look for). Just check your nearby stores a couple times a month you'll find a good one for the right price.

Binx

Smash Master
I've never had a non-nintendo brand controller last as long or break in as well as a nintendo controller, my advice is to find a gamestop or gamecrazy and buy one used, also I hear they are making/they made a new gamecube controller for the Wii so hopefully those are pretty good.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm lookin' for a new controller, and since I'm aware that Nintendo-branded ones are hard to come by, I've seen many of the cheaper ones. They claim to be identical to the Nintendo brand, just without the name stamp.

Do these work as well as the controllers originally sold in '01?
Don't get anything that isn't nintendo.
If you see a controller that looks EXACTLY like an official nintendo gc controller for the wii, and it doesn't have the symbol, do not get it.
Those ones are fake and can barely function properly.
All the buttons stick, the control stick and c-stick barely can rotate 360 degrees without sticking.

It's worth looking around for a legit one.

Middi

Smash Rookie
Order one from the official Nintendo website store...? Yea... gotta pay for shipping but whatever, at least you can get it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
DO NOT BUY NON-NINTENDO ONES. they take so much pressure to press a button that you'd literally get cramps in your hand trying to play anything with it.

Geist

Smash Master
ive seen nintendo silver ones at circuit city recently
Before of after they went out of business?

Gamestop sells used ones, and if they're not up front, there's a 90% chance that they're in storage.
Believe me, I worked there.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Before of after they went out of business?

Gamestop sells used ones, and if they're not up front, there's a 90% chance that they're in storage.
Believe me, I worked there.
Holy crap, I was lucky. One great-lookin' official controller left at my local Gamestop.

As an added plus, it was in fancy orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom