• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Kirby Copies ALL Special Moves

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I really like Kirby's copy ability, but I don't get much use out of it because it is ONLY neutral B. How about of Copy gave kirby ALL of the enemies special moves? He could use special recovery and even more interesting combos with his own attacks. Another thing I found odd what that we didn't see Kirby copy anyone yet, so I think Nintendo is using this idea and don't want to show it yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The reason it hasn't been shown is likely because they haven't programmed the hats and abilities in yet. However, he did have his old attacks, which pretty much deconfirms your idea, they even gave the Thwomp from his down-B a new design. I like Kirby the way he is, he shouldn't be so dependant on copying an ability imo.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How would having his old attacks de-confirm my theory if we never see him uses inhale or copies people. I'm not sure if I'm just watching the wrong videos, but I never see copy abilities used in competitive play.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wouldn't this make Kirby hella more broken, more annoying to program, and hella more popular to play as enough to overshadow other players?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The neutral copy ability is good alone and it will stay that way unless his moves have changed from the original kirby series.

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
I think the way the Copy move is set up now is perfect. It's a subtle addition that doesn't mess up Kirby's play style dramatically depending on who it is that Kirby is up against. I also feel like it would take too much from Kirby's special moves as they are now. They all represent a copy ability from the actual Kirby series instead of a Smash opponent.

As for the concern of Inhale not being used often in competitive play I disagree to an extent. As a Kirby main there are some abilities I prefer to use significantly more than others. I'd be much more inclined to use Pikachu's, or Meta Knight's ability over a character G&W.

•Col•

Smash Champion
As for the concern of Inhale not being used often in competitive play I disagree to an extent. As a Kirby main there are some abilities I prefer to use significantly more than others. I'd be much more inclined to use Pikachu's, or Meta Knight's ability over a character G&W.
^This.

A handful of stolen B moves are actually pretty useful.. The problem is that a lot of characters have baaaaaad Neutral B moves so it's not worth having over the Inhale ability's utility. The way to make Inhale more useful? Actually slightly buff a lot of character's neutral B's.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
or buff his inhale kirbycide like it was in melee and regains his jumps if the attempt to break free. i think that would make inhale more useful as well.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dislike at the thougth of the developers programming a BETTER way to do suicide kills lol

the only reason you get hit by them is if you make a HUGE DRASTIC decision based (not tech based) mistake and relying on that should not be encouraged IMO

I like the idea of Kirby's copy being better or more useful, but copying all moves in many situations would make kirby a worse character overall - and that would be pretty crummy lol

it would also be SUEPR difficult to program and kirby would take up more data than like 90% of the cast combined LOL

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
All they really need to do is buff inhale a little bit; Make it a tad easier to land and less punishable if you whiff.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
dislike at the thougth of the developers programming a BETTER way to do suicide kills lol

the only reason you get hit by them is if you make a HUGE DRASTIC decision based (not tech based) mistake and relying on that should not be encouraged IMO

I like the idea of Kirby's copy being better or more useful, but copying all moves in many situations would make kirby a worse character overall - and that would be pretty crummy lol

it would also be SUEPR difficult to program and kirby would take up more data than like 90% of the cast combined LOL
i think that might've been the only thing that kept kirby from being dead last on the melee tier list.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think it's pretty obvious that kirby absolutely is teh worst character in melee and having gimmicky suicide kills that rely on a bad opponent aren't even a factor at higher skill levels where the tiers (not the tier LIST) actually starts to matter.

that being said, making a character better by balancing him out would be a better way to go instead of making his gimmick slightly better. That is a short term improvement that means nothing in top level play.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I really don't want to see Kirby doing Wario's down special.
This post make my night.

People have already said it, but yeah...the programming wouldn't be too hard, but all of the additional animations they'd need to add to him, on top of how much memory it would take up...I don't think we'll see it any time soon.

For the record, I thought Kirby inhale suicide kills were hilarious.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
i think it's pretty obvious that kirby absolutely is teh worst character in melee and having gimmicky suicide kills that rely on a bad opponent aren't even a factor at higher skill levels where the tiers (not the tier LIST) actually starts to matter.
Look on the bright side, he's the second worst character in melee, right above pichu.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i wouldnt want kirby's moveset to change based on the character. it could get too confusing
just neutral b would be fine.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, its not necessary to buff everyones neutral B to make kirbys copy better, you can just change the properties of the copied moves. make kirbys mario/luigi fireballs do 8 damage instead of 4. stuff like that. remember how small and easily escapable kirbys mk tornado was? just do the opposite of that.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
One thing to say about Ganondorf Kirby, if Ganondorf got that energy orb as his B move, then Ganondorf Kirby gets it as well.

No more Ganon Punch for Ganondorf Kirby!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I think a Kirby using all the special moves would be cool, but I think it would be a bad idea. Like how having a pet Dinosaur would be cool, but it wouldn't be a good idea.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I always thought it would be a good idea to change his N-air when he copies someone, but keep his specials the same way they are.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'd like to see Kirby copying both N special and N standard. Just a nice little touch, wouldn't really add that much (unless he copies Meta Knight).

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I'd be awesome to see Kirby copy all of that characters specials but I believe its best to copy every special move but the Up Special. It would probably cause Kirby's recovery to become nerfed as a result of copying a characters abilities, like copying Captain Falcon's Up Special, though seeing Kirby doing the "Falcon Kiss" would be hilarious to look at.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
*remembers the kissing effect in kirbys return to dreamland.*

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I love Kirby the way he is now, and his B move has sooooo many uses (especially for trolling :awesome:). His other special moves are really good (for me at least :grin:) , so why would you want to replace them too?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Having the same old kirby in brawl is fine enough with me.

People don't take advantage of every move just because they think it's bad. Sure, go ahead and think it is, but they still have a use.
Remember D-Special? How people constantly use and it actually think it works just to float over them and stomp?

How about you use it when they're wanting to hit you in the air? http://youtu.be/R8fl82E7qDA?t=7s
I like doing this a lot.

Top Bottom