• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I never said Brawl wasn't terrible. It is the worst Smash game though, maybe. 64 is pretty lame.

I have just as much fun playing Brawl as I do Melee, SFIV, Halo, and any other game I've gotten into seriously/competitively. I only play it the most because it's the newest and most available for me to play, with friends and stuff.

And why with the threatening? Jeeze.

No U

Smash Journeyman
I never said Brawl wasn't terrible. It is the worst Smash game though, maybe. 64 is pretty lame.

I have just as much fun playing Brawl as I do Melee, SFIV, Halo, and any other game I've gotten into seriously/competitively. I only play it the most because it's the newest and most available for me to play, with friends and stuff.

And why with the threatening? Jeeze.
But Brawl isn't fun seriously/competitively...

I take back everything I said. Brawl taught me how not to trip ROFL

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Here is my take. If you are the best at one, you won't be the best at another, but you will be good. Just because i got 7th, doesn't mean i wasn't bad. My MK was almost on par with the guy who won(as said by the guy who got 2nd). Remember how little we actually play brawl, and MK is even banned here. So we don't even practice with him. Skill does carry over, like mindgames, but the technical skill/knowing character spacing only kind of does... Why do you think marths do a fsmash just out of range in brawl?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Here is my take. If you are the best at one, you won't be the best at another, but you will be good. Just because i got 7th, doesn't mean i wasn't bad. My MK was almost on par with the guy who won(as said by the guy who got 2nd). Remember how little we actually play brawl, and MK is even banned here. So we don't even practice with him. Skill does carry over, like mindgames, but the technical skill/knowing character spacing only kind of does... Why do you think marths do a fsmash just out of range in brawl?
You were playing MK though. Lol. He's pretty easy to pick up. Just saying.

Definitely the game you're best at and/or play the most, you'll take the most from.

And like I said in the other Idaho thread. I wish Brawl was better.....because I have so much fun playing it. :(

Who the **** said 64 was lame?

64 is the **** and requires a ton of skill.
I said it.

Up-tilt >Up-tilt > Up-tilt >Up-tilt >Up-tilt >Up-tilt > Up-tilt > Up-tilt > Up-tilt > Up-smash does not take a lot of skill. lol. There's no DI in the game, and the only real technical thing about it is z-canceling.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
After countless hours of subconscience thinking...i finally thought of something that could work for a dude:

So..I said to this chick...no johns...or no johns...

YYEEESSS! sometimes i think im funny...

craztad

Smash Journeyman
man knuttz sometimes i seriously wonder if there isnt something loose in your atama.

edit: its sounding like im flying back in next week to take some exams cause apparently i still have to pass my classes in boise even though im not there. Im going to be jet lagged and will need to smash so i can help you guys get ready for the tourney. laughs histerically. i fly in tuesday and leave thursday morning so we gotta smash sometime on wednesday.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
man knuttz sometimes i seriously wonder if there isnt something loose in your atama.

edit: its sounding like im flying back in next week to take some exams cause apparently i still have to pass my classes in boise even though im not there. Im going to be jet lagged and will need to smash so i can help you guys get ready for the tourney. laughs histerically. i fly in tuesday and leave thursday morning so we gotta smash sometime on wednesday.
I'm burned out not in a bad way..just having tough times cause of hours..i'm working from 8 AM to 8PM, sometimes no lunch, then afterwards socializing and going to bed around 1...and now its 6AM, so i'm on 4 hours of sleep... i haven't eatin since breakfast yesterday...and we have to major presentation on friday, and we are pushing time...plus i have a 1.5 year old...so..maybe thats why you think something is loose?

I still miss my baby though...1.5 year olds are so fun. They have a personality, but their attention spans are so short..one minute she'll want me to read to her, then halfway through the book..she'll jump down..and a minute later, she'll pretend to read...and if i get close, she'll close the book...lol...cute...

craztad

Smash Journeyman
now now scarykid, come hither and we shall talk about the birds and the bees. Oh and it helps to not use a condom when trying to make a baby. If you are a little more impatient and want less of a commitment then you should just steal knuttz's cause likely after about an hour you will want to give it back.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
now now scarykid, come hither and we shall talk about the birds and the bees. Oh and it helps to not use a condom when trying to make a baby. If you are a little more impatient and want less of a commitment then you should just steal knuttz's cause likely after about an hour you will want to give it back.
it?

9001its

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
In completely unrelated news, my mom brought home two cats the other day. She named them some stupid generic names, so I decided to rename them for myself. They are now Static Shock and Captain Ginyu. Pretty cool huh?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
why not popo and nana? You should name them smasher names or smash terms! OR...we could have a vote...and the community could name your cats...ready set go...names...

Falcon punch
and
Warlock punch

yay for 60 hours of work.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
If you want cat names, don't go to my sister for any. She names her daughter Serenity and her cat Envy. She got a husky puppy and she would've named it Eternity or some **** but i told her i get to pick the name and that's game. shlts and Giggles doesn't sound bad.

TheFro

Smash Cadet
Ok guys since I haven't been contacted in awhile I'll have to assume that you've been smashing without me. WTF
I need updates on: Tourney's, fests, and your general well being.
C'mon get to it!

P.s. For cat names.
Sofa, King
Peni$, Envy
Pink, Stink
Turtlehoop, Alchemist. If you get my drift...

Top Bottom