• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I've seen that! lol

That's SO funny. Ha ha.

I'm debating if I should main Samus or Falco in Melee right now. Or Jiggz. Are there any Samus Idaho players?

Also, does anyone play Street Fighter and/or Marvel Vs. Capcom. I'm thinking about getting SF4 for the 360.

Edit: I just watched some Isai videos........yeah, I want to play Captain Falcon now. lol

...and I just skimmed through a Falcon guide and one of his pros was: - Isai plays him. lmao

Also the Tilt arcade in my area is selling their cabinets, so I think a friend and I are going to get the MvC2 from there.

(Wow. My post looks ****ed up with all those spaces)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I've seen that! lol

That's SO funny. Ha ha.

I'm debating if I should main Samus or Falco in Melee right now. Or Jiggz. Are there any Samus Idaho players?

Also, does anyone play Street Fighter and/or Marvel Vs. Capcom. I'm thinking about getting SF4 for the 360.

Edit: I just watched some Isai videos........yeah, I want to play Captain Falcon now. lol

...and I just skimmed through a Falcon guide and one of his pros was: - Isai plays him. lmao

Also the Tilt arcade in my area is selling their cabinets, so I think a friend and I are going to get the MvC2 from there.

(Wow. My post looks ****ed up with all those spaces)
cake, you're turning into me...
Good CF Combo Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

This is what I watched that made me get serious about cf....Yes, the scar vid. :)

No samus players...I play jiggz...rest is FUUUUUUNNNNN. I like samus, but still, needs lotsa work....

edit: I'm starting this edit thing again....

thespymachine

Smash Ace
edit: My mind just exploded from pure manliness.

I really want to pick up Samus, but Falco AND Falcon are so much fun. And how am I turning into you knuttz? lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace

thespymachine

Smash Ace
edit: Ha ha. Yeah. I like to separate my thoughts n stuff.

*watching*
*watched*

I see.......

I liked those rests and bair combos. lol Ugh, I want to pick up Jiggz, cause you can't combo her and it would piss off Combo Status if I got good with her. (Because they're so "technical")

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ha ha, get good with her. We can play jiggz together!

utilt rest
uair rest
uthrow rest
wop
standup(jab when laying down)-rest(mango combo i think)
straight up rest. :)
nair-rest
diar-rest
ledge sing-rest

edit: f*** you spacies...

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Cake, thanks for having us, was awesome to finally play against some new players. Even if I did choke infinite amounts of times with my mains, eheh. Still though, learned a lot from watching you and Tiz play Marth.

Oh, and Blink wants to rematch the ditto G&W fight, lol

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I'm totally down for whatever. If you guys want to come over tomorrow too that would be fine.
If we can sit down and play more, I can help you guys out with your game and stuff.

And tell Blink......IT IS ON!!

gnosis

Smash Lord
Ugh, I want to pick up Jiggz, cause you can't combo her and it would piss off Combo Status if I got good with her. (Because they're so "technical")
Following up on Jiggs isn't exactly impossible. They'd still combo you all over the place :/.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Following up on Jiggs isn't exactly impossible. They'd still combo you all over the place :/.
Not impossible...but not like cf 0 to deathing a link :)

To ME... some people may dissagree...jiggz is prob the easiest cross over from brawl to melee. You have amazing air control, like every single character in brawl, and her up-b grabs the ledge no matter how you are facing. :) you have like 30 jumps, and rising pound will make you recover from ANYWHERE...just like brawl! if jiggz is above the stage, you should be able to recover....even if you have no jumps..

thespymachine

Smash Ace
To ME... some people may dissagree...jiggz is prob the easiest cross over from brawl to melee. You have amazing air control, like every single character in brawl, and her up-b grabs the ledge no matter how you are facing. :) you have like 30 jumps, and rising pound will make you recover from ANYWHERE...just like brawl! if jiggz is above the stage, you should be able to recover....even if you have no jumps..
I would have to say Sheik is the easiest to pick up, but I think you're right on the Brawl crossover with Jiggz.

edit: I actually played some Marth last night, and it was really fun.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
here is shiek....do a move, pops them up...then ...do fair..or uair...
and chaingrab...:*)

BUT...anyone thinking of a smasfest before i leave? I was thinking sunday...I want to see BC vs. SK just cause the shizzle talking.....

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
here is shiek....do a move, pops them up...then ...do fair..or uair...
and chaingrab...:*)

BUT...anyone thinking of a smasfest before i leave? I was thinking sunday...I want to see BC vs. SK just cause the shizzle talking.....
Sunday is fer teh mormonz

monday though.

or tonight

I havent played Smash...

in so long

0_0

i am scared

*I IZ KNUTTZ*

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Chubbuck, Idaho - Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. Melee

March 7, 2009

PlayNTrade Chubbuck
Chubbuck, Idaho
150 Bullock St. Suite #4 - next to Starbucks
(208) 237-PLAY

It's finally time for another tournament for the Smash series. This tournament will have Brawl and Melee divisions (like last time). Rules are set as the same ones you saw last and we hope to bring lots of fun there. This will also be a Birthday Bash for PlayNTrade Chubbuck's second birthday and so there will be lots of fun, games, Smash, Guitar Hero on the cruiser, and food for the participants! Come and enjoy the fun.

Information:
- March 7, 2009 - 3:00pm (Try to show up 30 minutes early so we can set the brackets!)
- Singles tournament
- $10 to play both. $5 for one division entry.
- Some Wiimote and GameCube controllers may be provided. Please try to bring your own controller style for the tournament
- Double Elimination
- You must stick with the character you choose through the whole tourney. Switching name tags will result in disqualification
___________________________________________________​
Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl division:

Game Rules:
- 3 Stock - No time limit
- Only thing not allowed is MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape
- No Items
- All stages (chosen by an employee at random)

Prizes:
To be announced.

___________________________________________________​
GameCube and Super Smash Bros. Melee division:

Game Rules:
- If it makes your character fly or go through the stage, don't do it.
- No Items
- All stages (chosen by an employee at random) - Everyone knows the stage situation. Now stop bringing it up.

Prizes:
To be announced.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I get back from england march 7th at 11:07 pm...

but one character tourney...all stages, laggy tvs! YAY...

Grunt

Smash Master
Game Rules:
- Glitches are not allowed! If you think it's a glitch, don't try it because you will get a warning (since people don't know what's banned or not, you'll get another chance). WAVEDASHING IS ALLOWED!
- No Items
- All stages (chosen by an employee at random)

Prizes:
To be announced.
What in the **** is this?
Could you make it any more arbitrary?

Espy

Smash Apprentice
It's not all what it seems. I'm required to say all stages are allowed, but there will be reasonable restrictions like last time. The 3 stock Melee issue is like that because of time sake they told me. Stuff they categorize as glitches is stuff like "making your character fly or you going through the stage." And yay, laggy tvs.

Oops. Sorry, the banned technique rules have been changed since last time. PNT lifts restrictions more and more.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
woot internet over the pacific. I think i like first class.

pnt is going to someday give in to all of the normal melee tourney rules. They really need to try getting some tvs that wont lag, its gotta be a little frustrating.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You think you like first class? geez tatemz....glad to see you on the plane though. I know this is a weird question, but, do you want some of my jet lag? You do this international thing more than i do...so I'm willing to share all the jet lag i get later this week....

and grunt...there was a team tournament almost a year ago that had no wavedashing. :) yay for it!

craztad

Smash Journeyman
sorry knuttz but i dont get jet lag on the trip over here, but when i come back it is a real *****. your just going to have to deal with it knuttz cause it never gets any easier. But funny story: while i was on my layover in portland i got a call from my (sort of ex)girlfriend saying she didn't really want to break up and was trying to get me to not get on my next flight. she drove to utah to try to catch me before i left there but was about an hour too late. cut through all the crying/talking/begging and now i think shes trying to get a plane ticket to come stay with me. crazy girl

Wow probably no one wants to hear my life stories, ha ha. I did decide to bring my gc controller and try to find some *** smashers so i can beat up on yall when i get back. only ~4 hours left and i get to plague the streets of tokyo, soooooo excited, sushi bar here i come.

edit: ha ha abbreviating japanese using the first three letters is blocked. smash boards is so awesome.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
sorry knuttz but i dont get jet lag on the trip over here, but when i come back it is a real *****. your just going to have to deal with it knuttz cause it never gets any easier. But funny story: while i was on my layover in portland i got a call from my (sort of ex)girlfriend saying she didn't really want to break up and was trying to get me to not get on my next flight. she drove to utah to try to catch me before i left there but was about an hour too late. cut through all the crying/talking/begging and now i think shes trying to get a plane ticket to come stay with me. crazy girl

Wow probably no one wants to hear my life stories, ha ha. I did decide to bring my gc controller and try to find some *** smashers so i can beat up on yall when i get back. only ~4 hours left and i get to plague the streets of tokyo, soooooo excited, sushi bar here i come.

edit: ha ha abbreviating japanese using the first three letters is blocked. smash boards is so awesome.
Well, if she actually goes out there..it shows how much she cares...she already has trying to catch you. But this is an amazing opportunity tate!

so what happens when idaho goes to genesis and has to play a meta knight in poools?
Tate says it pretty nicely:

we get ***** and then laugh about how stupid the ban is but in the end dont really care cause its brawl.
but in all seriousness......We'll counter with jiggz.....
but in all seirousness...I'm lying...

Top Bottom