• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Yeah a month and a half to find a job, get enough money to fix my car, get the time off, and get enough money to actually go, for a game that I've barely played competitively. lol

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Haha, trust me, any advice on skills is appreciated. Especially if someone can show me how to utilize tilts(Except dtilt lol) semi-quickly without jumping or running. Not so much a problem with Ness, but I feel like my Marth is lacking because of it.

Uh, anyways, I'm going over tonight to see if the other three in my group are going to be up for this. I can almost guarantee a G&W/Lucas player, and maybe a Kirby. Our Zelda guy's the one that never shows up for anything, which kind of sucks considering he's one of the better 1v1s of us.

Genesis looks mighty nifty...

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Haha, trust me, any advice on skills is appreciated. Especially if someone can show me how to utilize tilts(Except dtilt lol) semi-quickly without jumping or running. Not so much a problem with Ness, but I feel like my Marth is lacking because of it.

Uh, anyways, I'm going over tonight to see if the other three in my group are going to be up for this. I can almost guarantee a G&W/Lucas player, and maybe a Kirby. Our Zelda guy's the one that never shows up for anything, which kind of sucks considering he's one of the better 1v1s of us.

Genesis looks mighty nifty...
Who's the Zelda player?

(Can I get your guys' names? Numbers? In a PM so we can get together tomorrow perhaps and play.)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
edit: turtlehoop typically has used the japanese characters that spell minonoya(みののや)i think or something close to that. That might have also been only the times when i was actually there.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Did you see any of our brawl vids from 9 months ago
Yeah, I saw you (TL) and Knuttz (Ike), that's all.

edit: turtlehoop typically has used the japanese characters that spell minonoya(みののや)i think or something close to that. That might have also been only the times when i was actually there.
And you use CT, correct?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I don't have vids. The only matches I've ever recorded are C.Falcon dittos, and those are just saved on my Wii.

I don't have any recording stuff either.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Yeah?

Too bad Chip's TL ruins my Pika. lol

After watching your vids, I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be close between us (N.Idaho vs W.Idaho). And like I've said, I guess we'll see.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
You two are very different.

You're aggressive, he's more passive and relies on mindgames. And with skill with the character, I'd say Chip has it. He just doesn't spike though. lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace
BC: you are comparing a current chip now from you back in april of last year....of course hes better!... And those vids, on a couple you play melee edge guards, where I actually get back...:) There are alot of mistakes that we don't usually make in those.

Same thing toward you cake...you are looking at vids that are from april of last year...we don't make some of the mistakes we usually do....but we do need to freshin up...

I forgot our new melee vids though...:/

Cake...dsmash-> thunder ftw... :)

and wow...TWO pages of conversation in one night? wow...chat it up idaho!

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Same thing toward you cake...you are looking at vids that are from april of last year...we don't make some of the mistakes we usually do....but we do need to freshin up...

Cake...dsmash-> thunder ftw... :)

and wow...TWO pages of conversation in one night? wow...chat it up idaho!
I realize that they are old, that's why it's hard for me to judge.

dsmash-> thunder doesn't work as much as you think. Especially since you can SDI out of it pretty quick, and the DI out of it is pretty easy.

typically but ive also used T, and テト. its not me anyone needs to watch out for though, i can still count the number of times ive played brawl on one hand.
Don't worry man, I was talking about melee anyways. lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I realize that they are old, that's why it's hard for me to judge.
dsmash-> thunder doesn't work as much as you think. Especially since you can SDI out of it pretty quick, and the DI out of it is pretty easy.
Thats blasphemy...:dizzy:

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry man, I was talking about melee anyways. lol
ya the same goes for melee, im not someone you need to worry about beating you in melee, im still only mediocre.

edit: give knuttz an opening and he will find a way to pull it off no matter what(dsmash-thunder). i hate him for that.

Top Bottom