• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

gnosis

Smash Lord
Washington alone is enough to crush Idaho's hopes.

Hey so I'll be in Moscow when this thing rolls around. If it's looking good and there's a spot open on the N. Idaho ride for me I'd probably take it (depending on what school has in store for me).

Also, I have a few questions. For those in Idaho who only play Brawl, or play more Brawl than Melee, or play both but only really try to improve in Brawl, what are your reasons?

Is Melee just not fun for you, as a game, and it's more entertaining to play Brawl? Is it too technical/hard/etc.? Do you feel like there's too much of a skill gap in Melee, like you have a better chance of doing well in Brawl?

Because I can't do much about that first one, but I can do quite a bit about the second two. I can start not being so silent during matches at smashfests, and give tips and advice, tell you what habits I'm noticing and how I'm beating you, etc. I even know a lot of tricks that makes some technical stuff considerably easier, like groundteching, moonwalking, pivoting, improving laser spam with fox/falco, etc., stuff you can find on the boards but you just might not have stumbled across.

The reason I don't do this currently is because some people get annoyed by it. But if someone's willing to hear what I have to say, knowing it will most likely help and potentially break down whatever it is that has them playing Brawl instead of a much more (potentially) entertaining game, then I'd be down. Whatever it takes to improve the Melee scene and quit hearing calls for Brawl on the big screen at knuttz :p.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman

Hey so I'll be in Moscow when this thing rolls around. If it's looking good and there's a spot open on the N. Idaho ride for me I'd probably take it (depending on what school has in store for me).

Also, I have a few questions. For those in Idaho who only play Brawl, or play more Brawl than Melee, or play both but only really try to improve in Brawl, what are your reasons?

Is Melee just not fun for you, as a game, and it's more entertaining to play Brawl? Is it too technical/hard/etc.? Do you feel like there's too much of a skill gap in Melee, like you have a better chance of doing well in Brawl?

Because I can't do much about that first one, but I can do quite a bit about the second two. I can start not being so silent during matches at smashfests, and give tips and advice, tell you what habits I'm noticing and how I'm beating you, etc. I even know a lot of tricks that makes some technical stuff considerably easier, like groundteching, moonwalking, pivoting, improving laser spam with fox/falco, etc., stuff you can find on the boards but you just might not have stumbled across.

The reason I don't do this currently is because some people get annoyed by it. But if someone's willing to hear what I have to say, knowing it will most likely help and potentially break down whatever it is that has them playing Brawl instead of a much more (potentially) entertaining game, then I'd be down. Whatever it takes to improve the Melee scene and quit hearing calls for Brawl on the big screen at knuttz :p.

Haha I believe I fit under the category of "play both but only really try to improve in Brawl".

I would greatly appreciate IN GAME criticism to tell me specifically what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing instead. I think the main reason I focus on Brawl is because I feel I have a better chance in Brawl and I'm just too far behind in melee. I'd definitely like that to change though.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Have some confidence mr. 33! But truthfully in Melee, Qraq, Gnosis (if he doesn't choke on ****), BC, and ME could do...OK...middle of the pack....Brawl I don't know..you could run into some hardcore scrubs....or play the old melee players....I think we are supposed to go to this too...

I'll second that. And I know BC would def help people too...and I know qraq would...Felix would too if he would ever come to smashfests! :p

I think you are right gnosis, it is the skill gap. It takes ALOT longer to get good at melee than brawl...How long have you guys been playing with real tech skill? I'm at a little more than 1.5-2 years not including at when I quit for a while...and i know others are WAY more than me....
Here something I will keep on saying...If you are serious at all in brawl, Play melee. The superior mindgames/timing will carry over to brawl. Brawl is full of tricks and chaingrabs vs. melee which takes skill.

Brawl is the sexy slutty ******** bipolar sister of melee...Its easy as hell, looks nice, sounds beautiful, but offers nothing else...

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
New Brawl Tier List for those who haven't seen it

SS Tier
Meta

S Tier
Snake

A Tier
Falco
DDD
G&W
Marth
Diddy

B Tier
Wario
Rob
Lucario
Olimar

C Tier
Pikachu
Kirby
DK
Ice Climber

D Tier
ZSS
Tink
Pit
Peach
Wolf

E Tier
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

F Tier
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
PT
Yoshi

G Tier
Link
Jiggz
Ganondorf
C Falc

Ehhhhhhhhh this really discourages me from keeping up my Wolf main. I still plan to use him a lot but its just not as practical competitively. I'll prolly make the switch to marth or falco

:/

reddyspazz

Smash Cadet
o nice! i think i'm gonna change my main to mk now! yeah!
though wow, nice to be a falco. woot!

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
Problem is i dont have a car (suspended license doesnt help either) and getting to out of state tourneys is almost always not an option for me. Hence, i dont rly have an incentive to improve so much >.> But ill try to make it to as many gatherings here as i can..

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I'm talking my to my friends to see if one of them wants to drive so we can bring more players.
So if we have an open spot I'll be sure you get it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
New Brawl Tier List for those who haven't seen it

SS Tier
Meta

S Tier
Snake

A Tier
Falco
DDD
G&W
Marth
Diddy

B Tier
Wario
Rob
Lucario
Olimar

C Tier
Pikachu
Kirby
DK
Ice Climber

D Tier
ZSS
Tink
Pit
Peach
Wolf

E Tier
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

F Tier
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
PT
Yoshi

G Tier
Link
Jiggz
Ganondorf
C Falc

Ehhhhhhhhh this really discourages me from keeping up my Wolf main. I still plan to use him a lot but its just not as practical competitively. I'll prolly make the switch to marth or falco

:/
sk...don't NOT main wolf..just because he's gay tier...

Lol...I main F(samus) and G (jiggz)tier...take that qraq...BTW..i got your big, heavy package at my door yesterday...

BTW...it seems everyone ignored BC coming back to town..its like christmas of smash....

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4sUrQAabY
is too good...

is tatemz back too?

QraQ

Smash Ace
Man I havent played smash in a week and im going on withdrawls *_*.
Leaving Afghan in 2 days guys and ill be on another base for like 5-6 days waiting for my plane.

Knuttz when is that ****n you got planned going down?
And when is the homecoming smashfest happening?

Oh ya and you down to go snowboarding when I get back Brandon?

-QraQ

gnosis

Smash Lord
I ain't down with Friday. Got things to do.

edit: And I've finally decided to quit messing around and focus on actually having a main. And that main is Sheik, and I'm deciding on one secondary out of fox/falco/marth. So yeah.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I ain't down with Friday. Got things to do.

edit: And I've finally decided to quit messing around and focus on actually having a main. And that main is Sheik, and I'm deciding on one secondary out of fox/falco/marth. So yeah.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After knowing you for a year and a half...you finally declare a main...

And only one secondary? But good stuff Gnosis...

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
ima be in boise today so if theres gonna be something today let me know. if you guys plan for friday, i probably wont be able to make it.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
ima be in boise today so if theres gonna be something today let me know. if you guys plan for friday, i probably wont be able to make it.
We should do a little something. Like maybe just me Knuttz and felix since I can go to knuttz pretty much whenever.

Or just whoever can come.

I think Knuttz said thursdays were good for him.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
change of plans, car is broken down lmao. and im in Nyssa, OR atm so yea.... i fail again.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Cake I definitely want to go to tourneyplay. How many spots do you have open in your car? I'm in for sure, but I have a large pool of random's that like to do brawl stuff with me, so I might need a second spot. Keep me posted because I won't be able to afford it unless I get a carpool.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
^ Alright.

I have 3 passenger seats available. And I'm sure some EaWa players might want to come as well with my friends. So the closer it comes the better knowledge I'll have on who will be coming with me.

Will you be able to drive if you had people paying for gas?

Top Bottom