• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Well, if your in Boise, and for some reason your stuck, I have a couch you can sleep on.

Anyway Felix, no worries, If I decide to throw something...I'll let you know a few days in advance, not a few hours like last time. I can even pick you up...but you have to walk home the whole two football fields...(jk). Anyway if there is something in Meridian, don't hesitate to ask for a ride if I'm going. Its just that you or Aaron will be squished in the back of the 300zx...Another actual tourney sounds good, maybe some 1v1 and 2v2 too and maybe a low tier!

Going from expierence against gnos (to you sephiroth M)...the random button is his character....except if he gets Ice Climbers....then he might have to try the random button again....
That's cool I might hit your couch up sometime.
As far as when I can get out there iunno.
I really only have the weekends.
I need dates though for tournies so I can try to plan around them and get a ride.
Lemme know Gnos.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Well, if your in Boise, and for some reason your stuck, I have a couch you can sleep on.

Anyway Felix, no worries, If I decide to throw something...I'll let you know a few days in advance, not a few hours like last time. I can even pick you up...but you have to walk home the whole two football fields...(jk). Anyway if there is something in Meridian, don't hesitate to ask for a ride if I'm going. Its just that you or Aaron will be squished in the back of the 300zx...Another actual tourney sounds good, maybe some 1v1 and 2v2 too and maybe a low tier!

Going from expierence against gnos (to you sephiroth M)...the random button is his character....except if he gets Ice Climbers....then he might have to try the random button again....
That's cool I might hit your couch up sometime.
As far as when I can get out there iunno.
I really only have the weekends.
I need dates though for tournies so I can try to plan around them and get a ride.
Lemme know Gnos.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Im sad I really want to be part of the W Idaho smash scene which i felt like i really was a catalyst in getting it started again... Im pretty much the only W Idaho sheik now because both evan and Dach say they arent going to more tournaments. I'm just at a stump at how i'm going to get to go with the problem of my parents!

Yes Brandon I did talk to them about meeting you and its still a no go!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
ha ha nice 4 post PitchD...Quick obvious question...You in the Air Force yourself?

Scarykid, I'm sorry about your parents. You're in quite the stump...Looks like tournies for you.. :( ...Unless some kind of Venue could supply practices...Would she even allow house tournies? Geez your stuck... :(

I also need to sign up for the touney in August...Looks like I'm the last person to do that...

P.S. Random thing, Having a sports car is fun, except grocery shopping. :)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I need to sign up for august to! FFA does suck but I might actually have a chance with it

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My wife wants to provide free food at the August 4th Rexburg tournament. ;)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Question:

How many of you are open for practice at the usual Meridian spot on Wednesday or Thursday? Which day would work better?

Also, scarykid, as a last resort, play'n'trade on overland has smash with two controllers, and the mcdonald's on main does too. Although that last one resets after a set amount of time.

Edit: Also, I play 64 on Kaillera now. Hit me up as gnosis... still getting used to the difference between console and online though, so I suck majorly.

Also, buzz, what is this Aug 4th rexburg tournament? Is there a thread?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Question:

How many of you are open for practice at the usual Meridian spot on Wednesday or Thursday? Which day would work better? Yeah! Okay!

Also, scarykid, as a last resort, play'n'trade on overland has smash with two controllers, and the mcdonald's on main does too. Although that last one resets after a set amount of time.
Either for me, let me know if you want me to call Felix...and Let me know ASAP, so I can make plans..(I'm kinda the Taxi at my house, so gotta arrange rides)

...and thats weird...McDonalds has SmashBros. Ha, maybe a small practice can be there. Just hang there for a while, :). Be a bit weird though...well...not just a bit...

P.S...can you remind me of the Meridan Address? Deleted the email :lick: :lick: :lick:

Edit: Um.....does anyone read edits? Let me know.

artifice

Smash Ace
hey sorry for spamming again guys. looks like were having a pridy decent sized tourny on the 28th though. about 15 people confirmed for the eastern WA tournment wich is in cheney this time around, pridy good for us ;p

anyone is welcome to stay at my house as well ^_^

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Don't hate me for this everyone... *in a nerdy voice* geno, during my last few weekends of training, i have concluded that in order to optimize my performance during the tournament, i must select...sheik as my primary character.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, final change... in order to accommodate southern Utah, the tournament date is August 18. That should give you guys plenty of time to prepare a carpool over, yes? ^_^

knuttz45

Smash Ace
OK, final change... in order to accommodate southern Utah, the tournament date is August 18. That should give you guys plenty of time to prepare a carpool over, yes? ^_^
That date sounds good. I'll plan on making it there. :) Quick Question, any bad dirt roads on the way to your place buzz? I know the main road is fine, One bad road for 100ft will make me change my wheels Before I go. Moderiate dirt roads are fine (if any)...just no major "pot holes"...don't know what to call them in the dirt...

If I do go(most likely), I have...maybe 3 seats in my car, MAYBE if anyone else I know doesn't come. But it is uncomfortable....

laozy

Smash Journeyman
ooo thanks for moving the date back. if i can change my schedule on time, expect me and few nasty northern utahns to be there.

edit: ummm i dont think we'll be able to make it on the 18th. most likely we'll have a tournament here in utah featuring unknownforce. we'll go up on 11th or 25th and come u guys come down here on the 18th. good trade

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Awesome! No more delays! Let's get this Idaho tournament rollin'!

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
ha ha nice 4 post PitchD...Quick obvious question...You in the Air Force yourself?

Scarykid, I'm sorry about your parents. You're in quite the stump...Looks like tournies for you.. :( ...Unless some kind of Venue could supply practices...Would she even allow house tournies? Geez your stuck... :(

I also need to sign up for the touney in August...Looks like I'm the last person to do that...

P.S. Random thing, Having a sports car is fun, except grocery shopping. :)
Ya I'm in the Air Force I live on Mountain Home Air Force Base like 5-10 mins from Mountain Home itself.
Im down for a tourney if yall let me know ahead of time so I can figure out my ride situation and what not.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ya I'm in the Air Force I live on Mountain Home Air Force Base like 5-10 mins from Mountain Home itself.
Im down for a tourney if yall let me know ahead of time so I can figure out my ride situation and what not.
Ah I see. Let's see, there is the tourney on the 4th on play and trade one, and the 18th in Rexburg. Make sure you can make those. :) Since the 18th in Rexbug, one of us from W. Idaho going could pick you up along the way. :) So We seem to be pretty busy untill school starts..(Well..for me at BSU). Maybe we can fit one more in there for a "Back to school special..."

couldn't really think of an original name, and don't want to...too late its 1:40am . Anyway, good luck Josh, Barron, and maybe Dan in oregon and anyone else who is going too.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Disregard that statement about sheik since i find her defective to my falco... ill either use fox or falco, depending on my mood...

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yay I finally signed up for the meridian SSBM tourney. I plan to win with the FFA and everything... Yep store credit = mine. My sheik or luigi will kill y'all.

It was weird i was the only person out of like the 20 signed up that had put there email down.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It was nice meeting the Idaho players that came to SF:E. We had plenty of friendlies and practice the morning after the tournament ended.
I hope Gnosis and The Chancellor return safely and with much improvement.
Hold your Idahoian tournies more westwardly so maybe OR can make a cameo to one.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just realized that a FFA is basically 2 1 on 1's in the same match.
When competitive smashers are forced to play FFA, that is usually what it boils down to. They try to isolate themselves as best they can, but there is inevitably a conflict with the other pair. :chuckle:

knuttz45

Smash Ace
When competitive smashers are forced to play FFA, that is usually what it boils down to. They try to isolate themselves as best they can, but there is inevitably a conflict with the other pair. :chuckle:

It probably would be best to be on the larger courses! :)

But, Man, what happened to good ol' fashion mayhem?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Watch out Idaho, Gnosis and Roa are back from Oregon and their power levels are over 9000!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Watch out Idaho, Gnosis and Roa are back from Oregon and their power levels are over 9000!
Looks like they will be a handful know...not that they were a handful already! :chuckle:
Or..maybe :urg:....depends on how you look at it. My kamehameha needs some work.

Maybe one of these day's we can throw something what you guys in oregon did, and you guys have to come to W. Idaho!

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Yo I'd be willing to pay like $20 in gas money if anybody wants to come pick me up so we can smash this coming weekend.
I've been really anticipating playing some Idahoans.
Not much competition on this base but I'm training a couple people and they're coming along nicely so hopefully I can get some more active smashers in the Idaho circuit.
My # is (940)232-0542 just give me a call or text me if you could pick me up.
Thanks peace.

-Dom

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
2 1v1 in a ffa match would work...
What if one of the 1v1 the winner still as 3 stock left but in the other it was a closer match so he has 1 stock and 90%...
Then those two have to go after eachother. That wouldnt be fair at all.

Imagine that kind of thing in a final round

Top Bottom