• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

gnosis

Smash Lord
With Brawl's release date announced, I'm now officially revealing Brawl in Boise.

November 24th - One last Melee tournament before Brawl comes out!

December 3rd - Brawl is released; while I'm sure no one needs encouraging, I recommend you play hard, because...

December 8th - Brawl tournament. Ruleset? Stage list? Who knows; I and those attending will have to decide what they think throughout that week! What a new adventure, right?

I'll make a new thread for it sometime down the road (I think 5 months is too long of a wait for it to be out on its own), but for now, well... you know what I know, lol.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
With Brawl's release date announced, I'm now officially revealing Brawl in Boise.

November 24th - One last Melee tournament before Brawl comes out!

December 3rd - Brawl is released; while I'm sure no one needs encouraging, I recommend you play hard, because...

December 8th - Brawl tournament. Ruleset? Stage list? Who knows; I and those attending will have to decide what they think throughout that week! What a new adventure, right?
Count me in for these. :) ha ha...well...unless its a BSU game...or the new baby (yes, baby) acts up...but again..thats in the future.
But the present, lets get something friday or sat gnos. :dizzy: PM or call me so we (or I) can get something together. Maybe in a couple weeks we can through a tourney before the meridian tourney. :lick: :lick: :lick:

-----------------------
To Sephiroth M:
I really doubt there is an age limit at tourneys, well if there would, it would be a max...not a min. :)
------------------------
To everyone:
I'll either post something tonight or tommorow on a location and time of a smashfest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SMASHFEST
Time: Friday 5:30 PM to whenever
Location: My Place, PM me for directions (parking kinda sucks, but if we need to move, or location changes, I'll move it.)

I have two TV's a wii and a cube. I only have one game though. I would like at least one game. If you want, a TV and another cube would be nice. Let me know.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post guys but when you edit a post, It didn't show a new update , BUT
I'm throwing a Smashfest at my house tommorow.
Time: Friday 5:30 PM to whenever
Location: My Place, PM me for directions (parking kinda sucks, but if we need to move, or location changes, I'll move it.)

I have two TV's a wii and a cube. I only have one game though. I would like at least one game. If you want, a TV and another cube would be nice. Let me know.

Shiekthingy

Smash Cadet
i have some of the same problems that scarykid has. my parents would not approve of me going to some random guys house. i would gladly invite people over to my house but i have relatives here and its too crowded.

i think the brawl tourney is way to close to the release date. give at least 10 days or so for people to buy, and get used to the game style.

gnosis

Smash Lord
The lack of time to prepare is actually the point of the tourney; it's been planned since '06 that the first weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) after Brawl was released, there'd be a tournament. Which means if it came out that Thursday it'd likely still be on the same date it is now.

Considering it's unlikely that everyone will even have everything unlocked, let alone practiced, it's not a very serious tournament; thus, if there's an entrance fee at all, it'll be very small.

There'll be plenty of time for more serious tourneys... I may have some other plans up my sleeve, after all. :)

If your house is ever open for Smash, and any of us are invited, perhaps we could kill two birds with one stone and you and scarykid could practice with others there.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
what is it with these out of towners thinking it rains potatoes from the sky here?? >.> u want potatoes, try our fries at any number of fast food locations, i think youll find them satisfactory... anyways, josh or brandon, if anything is going down i recommend calling me at the number i gave u cause i hardly check the boards. btw, im free this weekend for whatever. and as for those with restricted travel due to "cautious" mothers, im sure theres some reasonable accomdations we can make. otherwise, tournaments will be ur only source of experience and training. and whats this about a tourney in meridian???

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
lmao. Idaho smashers......loloopop9poolololoolookiplpoloklolopl.

What's there to do up there? Potato Football? Potato Bowling? Are your controllers made of potatoes? I must know. ((O_O))
I think it started with NintendoKing, as seen in the quote above. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have the Wii Potato. It is exclusive to Idaho. Rather than sensing motion, it senses being eaten. I can only play a round or two of Cooking Mama before I lose it. >_<

knuttz45

Smash Ace
FFA will be pretty interesting, if it still ends up being this. If they still do this, we can still make this a 1v1 type deal. If everyone agrees, choose hyrule castle. Then, one set of people can have one side, and the other set can have another. Then, winner vs winner... Kind of half a**ed but, it could just work.

If not....I'll just pick on you gnos...well it would backfire if no one would attack you with me...but I'll still do it! :)

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Yo Idahoans my name is Dominic and I just moved to Idaho from Houston TX.
I was a big part of the smash community there and I thought why not look up smashers in Idaho.
I was 2nd top ICs in Texas (to Wobbles), Top Luigi, and 2nd top Ness (to Zulu).
My alias was DeeV8 but I recently changed it to QraQ.

I want to try to get something going as fas as playing some Idahoans.
Although I live in Mountain Home AFB.

Just hit me up my s/n on aim is DV8tionmaker.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was a big part of the smash community there and I thought why not look up smashers in Idaho.

Where exactly are you in Idaho? I live on the east side in the city of Rexburg. :(

knuttz45

Smash Ace

Well, why don't we try to get something together as a welcoming party? I think I can manage one more time at my place, but I can travel too (Hint Hint gn-buddy who may not want to drive to boise but would rather stay in meridian), so we can get Dominic a taste of Idahoians...:dizzy:...pls gives those guys who are going to Oregon one last taste of victory. :lick:

You've sealed your fate!

Prepare to die.
Just you wait......

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
PitchD, come to SF:E! Everyone in Oregon really, really wants to meet you! Well... that's what my heart tells me anyway. :D

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Where exactly are you in Idaho? I live on the east side in the city of Rexburg. :(
I live near the town of Mountain Home. At Mountain Home Air Force Base.
It's about 40 mins south of Boise.

Welcoming party sounds cool Ima try to make it it's just time and ride issues ya know.
Just got here so I don't have a vehicle =/.
We'll see what can happen though.

gnosis

Smash Lord
If we were to do something before SF:E, I could probably do it here any day before then except Saturday.

So tell me what days work for you guys in-between tomorrow and the 26th, not including the 21st.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Naw, they just live in E. Idaho, and most of the activity that goes on in this thread is W. Idaho related, so they tend not to post.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
yo, whatever happen to yamer and bc. did they quit or something?
Yamer just barely moved to Arizona in preparation for college, so he is gonna go pro virtually overnight.

BC smashes occasionally, but it is safe to assume that the Eastern Idaho smash scene will not see much action until Brawl hits the streets.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I don't know BC's plans at all. If he does leave, my region will be completely dead (as if it isn't already).

RIP :(

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I don't know BC's plans at all. If he does leave, my region will be completely dead (as if it isn't already).

RIP :(
Poor Buzz, why don't you just move to Boise, or Meridian? You wouldn't have that nice mountian air....or piece and quiet....but you would be able to smash with us. Just don't move to Nampa...or even worse, Caldwell....It usually smells like sugar beets (which aren't super bad), or gross meat or gross fish...

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Isn't BC moving to Boise? When is that?

I dunno, probably the random button.
Man I hope you play some good low tier cause I want to see what ya got.
Nobody plays low tier these days and it's pissin me off.
I mean even though ICs take apart Falco and Foxes I'm just tired of seeing the same falco fox marth peach CF blah blah blah.

I haven't lost a low tier tournament since Moast3 a long time ago so don't disappoint me.
You better be good =).

-QraQ

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You want low tier? Come to Rexburg. I'll give you low tier.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
gnos and knuttz seem to me forgetting im registered for that little playntrade FFA as well >:) next time u monkeys decide to hold a fest, call me in advance so i dont change my mind at the last second like last time. how about another tourney to welcome DeeV8 here? josh, if u can invite those 2 asian dudes and i bring another new guy who works at the mall suncoast, we could have a decent size tournament considering all the usual ppl show up. best in the west gig eh xD

gnosis

Smash Lord
Man I hope you play some good low tier cause I want to see what ya got.
Nobody plays low tier these days and it's pissin me off.
I mean even though ICs take apart Falco and Foxes I'm just tired of seeing the same falco fox marth peach CF blah blah blah.

I haven't lost a low tier tournament since Moast3 a long time ago so don't disappoint me.
You better be good =).

-QraQ
Lol. I play a bit of everyone, but in LT it's mostly Ness, YLink, Pika, and Mewtwo. Sound good?

gnos and knuttz seem to me forgetting im registered for that little playntrade FFA as well >:) next time u monkeys decide to hold a fest, call me in advance so i dont change my mind at the last second like last time. how about another tourney to welcome DeeV8 here? josh, if u can invite those 2 asian dudes and i bring another new guy who works at the mall suncoast, we could have a decent size tournament considering all the usual ppl show up. best in the west gig eh xD
We haven't forgot you, lol. And another tournament sounds good, I just don't know when DeeV8 could make it down here. :confused:

You want low tier? Come to Rexburg. I'll give you low tier.
Speaking of your low tier, we still owe each other a Ness v. Ylink money match from eons ago. I think.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Alright Geno, the random button isn't a character so tell me your character most likely to be picked or ill cast geno whirl on you.

(Hope i wasn't rude)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
To all who challenge me, come to Rexburg, and I'll participate in a 2:1 money match (as in I put in $10 if you put in $5 to compensate for your travels). :)

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Alright than I'm issuing and open MM if anyone wants to.
Hopefully I can make it out to wherever this is gonna be.
I live about 40 mins from Boise so Ima have to see if I can get someone to take me out there sometime.
Or if you low tier people are up to it we can do a south patented Milk Match that's becoming the new craze among southern and east coast smashers.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109085

Check it out! xD

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Alright than I'm issuing and open MM if anyone wants to.
Hopefully I can make it out to wherever this is gonna be.
I live about 40 mins from Boise so Ima have to see if I can get someone to take me out there sometime.
Or if you low tier people are up to it we can do a south patented Milk Match that's becoming the new craze among southern and east coast smashers.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109085

Check it out! xD
Well, if your in Boise, and for some reason your stuck, I have a couch you can sleep on.

Anyway Felix, no worries, If I decide to throw something...I'll let you know a few days in advance, not a few hours like last time. I can even pick you up...but you have to walk home the whole two football fields...(jk). Anyway if there is something in Meridian, don't hesitate to ask for a ride if I'm going. Its just that you or Aaron will be squished in the back of the 300zx...Another actual tourney sounds good, maybe some 1v1 and 2v2 too and maybe a low tier!

Going from expierence against gnos (to you sephiroth M)...the random button is his character....except if he gets Ice Climbers....then he might have to try the random button again....

Top Bottom