• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yea friday is probably good but I'll have to ask to make sure. Do you happen to know if we are gonna do an entry fee or not? Also I'll let Evan, Brendan, and others know. Also a time would be good. Dach won tech party Felix Saint won PlayNTrade

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You could host both, though I dunno if I could come to both. I'll see.
Well, if your guys planned on coming on the 16th, we should just place emphasis on that day. I'll see if Utah can still come. If they can, then it'd definitely be worth it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey, all. There's discussion about moving the (Oregon) SF:E Tournament from the last weekend of July to the first weekend of August (3rd - 6th) so as to not conflict with EVO West. How does this work out for everyone here?

gnosis

Smash Lord
As far as I know, the SF:E change wouldn't really effect us.

Buzz, I'd need to know if Utah can come ASAP. If they can, and I find out very soon, we could make the 16th still. If not, then the 9th will work.

It looks like the tournament here is happening Friday, probably around the same time as last time; people can come whenever, and we'll hold the tournament once people are there. Give me an idea of when people plan on showing up and I'll make a more concrete timeframe. I'm thinking five dollar entry fee, and tell people to bring a couple bucks for a food pot.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Alright i'll get the word out. Man I REALLY need to play people that are better then me. The only time I do is at tournaments which isnt often. At home I' m stuck playing comps which is basically a 4 stock in 1 minute and quite pointless. It almost feels as if I'm LOSING skill. Also is it gonna be singles and doubles like last time? I'm afraid i'm not going to be able to round up as many people as last time maybe like 3 or 4 including me... So yea get as many of your people to go as possible. Also it would probably be good if Felix Saint and a couple of his guys came.

Oh btw do you know if we'll be recording any matches? Sheikthingy is evan just to let you know.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yeah... improving on your own can suck. I'll give you some tips if you like :lick:

I'm planning on inviting the dudes I know, but they're probably won't be as many as last time (which in a way is good; the people not coming wouldn't join the tournament anyway). Also, I'll plan on recording matches.

Shiekthingy

Smash Cadet
i heard playing computers makes you lose alot of skill because they are very predictable and there are no "mind games" involved. what i do is train my combos or whatever on lvl 1 bowsers or whoever, unless i have a human opponent who will play with me.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Yea friday is probably good but I'll have to ask to make sure. Do you happen to know if we are gonna do an entry fee or not? Also I'll let Evan, Brendan, and others know. Also a time would be good. Dach won tech party Felix Saint won PlayNTrade
Felix Saint is one hella player. played him in some friendlys after the tourney, (never got to play him...lost to the same guy twice and got 3rd), and he kicked the crap out of me. And friday count me in if its at good time. When and where.

gnosis

Smash Lord
People can show up for friendlies and playing around 3, but I'd like to hold off on the tournament until 5:30 or so, so a friend of mine can still play. If necessary we will hold it earlier.

The location is 1311 Newport Dr, near Linder and Cherry; MapQuest should be reliable for directions. 5 dollars for the tournament, and if you want to eat the food we'll provide, bring a couple bucks for a food fund.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
K cool. Oh knuttz where you the marth there? I never got to play you! We'll play on friday though.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey whats up with IF being empty you know that yamer and i play i meen come on he takes first in almost all idaho tournaments.

IF
Yamer
BC
Chex
Andy

Also im moving to boise after the summer for school so we better play some smash.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Lol, sure, we can play whenever.

The only reason you're not on is because you didn't request yet; I'd like your mains too, if ya could.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Gnosis how many people do YOU know of that are coming? I've got 3 including myself but that could grow. (Those are all tournament entrys as well) Just trying to get info because everyone is asking me questions! RAWRRRRRRRRRR!

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm bringing two people, Felix is bringing two people, if I can get Shuuk he'll probably bring one or two people as well.

All those are tournament entries. Which means, if your numbers grow, it could end up having a bigger number of actual tournament entrants than last time.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
ok so we should be good then. Umm so yea same format as last time I'm assuming best 2 out of 3 and double elimination. plus same for stages etc?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
K cool. Oh knuttz where you the marth there? I never got to play you! We'll play on friday though.
Yep, you got me. I was that marth!

Thats good friday, i get of work at 5:30, so i might be later, unless i'm still moving. But i can take a little break, i've been bustin it for the past couple days and little sleep. :urg:

gnosis

Smash Lord
ok so we should be good then. Umm so yea same format as last time I'm assuming best 2 out of 3 and double elimination. plus same for stages etc?
Yeah, it'll be standard format

Yep, you got me. I was that marth!

Thats good friday, i get of work at 5:30, so i might be later, unless i'm still moving. But i can take a little break, i've been bustin it for the past couple days and little sleep. :urg:
Hope to see ya there then. :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Lol, as far as I know, I'm the only one going who takes the game 'seriously'. Not much of a crew battle.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Are you referring to an East vs West of Idaho crew battle? I'm hoping to have an Idaho vs Utah crew battle. :)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Were still good to come at 3:30 for friendlys right? I need to get warmed up. 2 weeks with just comps is HELL. Plus I dont want to show up at 3:30 looking like an idiot and getting told to leave :/

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
josh, count me and aaron in, possibly my brother as well. i got a job thingy to go to at 3 and it should be done around 4-ish. which means ill show up around 5. as for that list, im willing to put my name on it tho i dunno if ill be able to travel out of town any time soon. of course id LIKE to but what can i say... got *old guy*stuff to do.
buzz, id have to wait and see if anything comes up before ur tournament date before i decide if i can go or not. also im pretty sure i wrecked my crew battle reputation with my pitiful performance at that utah-arizona gig. id be willing to give it another shot as i am a little more confident, which is to say the least, than last time.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You did fine last time, Felix. You have nothing to be ashamed of. If we have another one, just do your best and see what happens.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I won't be out there untill about 6 :(. I'm trying to bring someone, he might be busy, but traffic is a ***** at that time of day. (i get of work at five.) But I'll see you there

gnosis

Smash Lord
2nd Monthly. Not as many people as last time, but hey, as far as I know it wasn't because of lack of desire.

1: Felix ($21.00)
2: gnosis ($10.50)
3: Aaron ($3.50)
4: knuttz
5: Trik
5: Jugz
7: Gangster

No teams this time since everyone disappeared pretty quick. I'll move these whenever-lies to a new thread now ;D.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Good deal. It's nice to see parts of Idaho at least semi-active. I still haven't received word on Utah's commitment. :(

gnosis

Smash Lord
Just so everyone around W. Idaho knows, I can now drive where I please, so if you wanna smash outside of the tournaments, maybe get some practice/advice, just hit me up.

Oh, and I forgot to record matches last tournament, so that could happen too.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I'd be the one getting practice and advice. Which is great and all, but you -do- live in Oregon. =/

Top Bottom