• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
sorry i'm not going to be part forum that has BRAWL in it's name, that's my VP's job, I'm the melee guy. If we can star getting people down to the Y even though there's currently only one TV and making to big might draw to much attention from management, it could work as a weekly smash.

I can provide a small TV (15") if i have a ride (Yes i'm a senior without a lisence or a car, i ride my bike and live close to everything)

that reminds me, can i get a tally on who would like to show tomarrow and more importantly who doesn't have a membership. 2:30 til 6:00pm downtown YMCA

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I might show up tomorrow kaleo. I don't have a membership. I feel like whomping on some noobs. And afterwards like 8ish 9ish BC better be having some smashin again.

QraQ

Smash Ace
So ya new tier list is "iffy"
1: Sheik shouldn't be higher than Falco by any means.
2: Glad they finally brought Luigi out of low tier. Now maybe they can be worth something.
3: For T.Hoop: I got 2 stocked twice by a good samus at Fingerbang. And can I say the Aftermath Missle Crisis ring a bell?
4: Link deserves higher than DK obviously.
5: High is all kind of wrong order except ICs low high.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
yeah, anytime ja...you left tons of stuff! ....

Qraq...Afghanistan has put you in a state of delusion in smash. :) ...and what do you mean by a good samus....i Hope you aren't refering to riot...(it'll be ok to be referring to aftermath)....

and quit being so down on brawl...to get people playing melee...you have to lure in the brawl kids, and wow them with melee...and not do what i do when playing them...

QraQ

Smash Ace
yeah, anytime ja...you left tons of stuff! ....

Qraq...Afghanistan has put you in a state of delusion in smash. :) ...and what do you mean by a good samus....i Hope you aren't refering to riot...(it'll be ok to be referring to aftermath)....

and quit being so down on brawl...to get people playing melee...you have to lure in the brawl kids, and wow them with melee...and not do what i do when playing them...
Riot was decent...He beat me didnt he?

-QraQ

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
And Samus still sucks. She never places high, and it's never consistant. Hell, I'VE 2 STOCKED YOU DOM. That doesn't mean I'm a good player.

Also, top tier should be Marth/Shiek/Fox/Falco in that order. The matchups are just that ********.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Riot was decent...He beat me didnt he?

-QraQ
If you would have played someone who didn't wavedash everywhere you would have beat him...like sheik....i'm kaleo plays exactly like a worse version of him....bomb bomb bomb bomb...

QraQ

Smash Ace
And Samus still sucks. She never places high, and it's never consistant. Hell, I'VE 2 STOCKED YOU DOM. That doesn't mean I'm a good player.

Also, top tier should be Marth/Shiek/Fox/Falco in that order. The matchups are just that ********.
What makes you think Samus sucks just cause she doesnt place high t.hoop?
Good Samus players actually do place high as a matter of fact.
Let me practice Samus for say 2 weeks and im pretty sure i would beat you consistently.

Top tier should be as follows:

Fox
Marth
Falco
Sheik

For obvious reasons.

-QraQ

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if I'll be able to win against you people, but keep the bombs:confused: adding missile spam of corse.... we'll see

BARRON!!! we need to arrange a way to get our disks bak where they belong PM me

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Reasons I've stated before. She never dies, and you constiantly see Samus going into the 200%+ range. That obviously means more damage from missle spam. Her attacks are really garbage, and with no KO moves other than Forward Smash, and at higher percentages, Bair and Nair, there's not a whole lot to do.
Plus, what Samus players have placed high? In big, competitive tournaments (Not local or condensed bieeklies or something), I don't see Samus' at all in Bracket finals, maybe back in 9th or 10th, but that's not necessarly "placing high" to me.
She's just a stupid and bad character. Obviously some people excell and do decent with her, such as HugS and Wes, but they're so in depth into playing her that they know matchups inside and out. In flat out playing random characters, the Samus is more than likely going to lose.

And yea, obviously you can consistantly beat me. You do with Pichu and Roy as is, you're flat out a better player than me and I've admitted that.

And Shiek is much much better than Falco because of how abuseable Falco is off the ledge, and Shiek beats Marth easily due to combo ability.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
**** Weavile is following us!!!! WTF

ok what evv, be more specific ducky, it looked like you were talking to me (didn't sound like it at all though)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u guys better answer my ****ing question or i will use swords dance ice shard

no escape cuz i got pursuit

TheFro

Smash Cadet
u guys better answer my ****ing question or i will use swords dance ice shard

no escape cuz i got pursuit
... I got counter and focus sash *****.

Anyway its good to see that Qraqs ok, I agree with him samus really is a legit character.
Hey anybody doing any smashfests this weekend I'm open

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Knuttz, you at home? I dropped by earlier, but your car was gone and your lights were off.
i drive a 4 runner....my 300 is in the garage...and i was home by 5:30...did you ring the doorbell? show some authority barron! push that button!

Turtlehoop....turtlehoop...turtlehoop....

choknater...I think its a boot....but i dont think that really the big concern here....

This is....

wild potatoes are actually a HUGE problem in idaho.....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
knuttz, BC, that was fun. If we do that like every other day or so i will be just as good as you guys in no time. jk. I am getting faster though cause knuttz's captfalcon isn't constantly keeping me from doing anything. And no more going to the Y for me, i can't stand that much free for all, it just makes me worse.

Edit: Just tried doing some work on the dvd. It looks like a no go. I got my program running to try and recover the vob but once again because of knuttz recording in really low quality(6 hours on a disc) it used its goofy encoder and based on the scene it even is giving a random framerate, i dont see a pattern i can use to fix this so unless knuttz finds his controller to his dvd recorder it looks like no vids. We gotta invest in some +RW's so we won't run into this finalizing problem. And i know you guys are against it but probably record in 2 hour or 2 1/2 hour mode so i don't have to run a gajillion filters if we ever get some good combos so we can make a combo vid of fairly good video quality.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Reasons I've stated before. She never dies, and you constiantly see Samus going into the 200%+ range. That obviously means more damage from missle spam. Her attacks are really garbage, and with no KO moves other than Forward Smash, and at higher percentages, Bair and Nair, there's not a whole lot to do.
Plus, what Samus players have placed high? In big, competitive tournaments (Not local or condensed bieeklies or something), I don't see Samus' at all in Bracket finals, maybe back in 9th or 10th, but that's not necessarly "placing high" to me.
She's just a stupid and bad character. Obviously some people excell and do decent with her, such as HugS and Wes, but they're so in depth into playing her that they know matchups inside and out. In flat out playing random characters, the Samus is more than likely going to lose.

And yea, obviously you can consistantly beat me. You do with Pichu and Roy as is, you're flat out a better player than me and I've admitted that.

And Shiek is much much better than Falco because of how abuseable Falco is off the ledge, and Shiek beats Marth easily due to combo ability.
Ok let me list the reasons you already stated but in thee right way:

1) Samus's survivability is high. In no way is that a bad thing. A drawn out life is just more chances to kill. Not to mention her amazing recovery status.

2) No KO moves? Uh f-smash, d-smash, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, dair, nair, bair, hard missle, and sometimes charge shot.

3) Wes, in his time, placed high in every tourney he went to. Hes even beaten such people as Ken Isai DoH and MikeG. Hugs almost always places high in Cali. Aftermath is one of the top in Washington. To rule out your "in-depth only" player theory, I got beat at fingerbang by a moderate Samus and im the supposive top in Idaho.

Dont talk about abuseability of Falco off the stage when referring to sheik as a combatant. The reason sheik has been batted around on top tier is because of her preidctable moveset. As far as a character is concerned she has way more pros than cons but the nature of her play is too predictable. And the whole "sheik beats marth due to combo ability" makes no real sense cause Sheik can combo every character in some way shape or form.

You're fighting a lost battle T.Hoop -.- .

-QraQ

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I thought I escaped the pokemon world.... well i guess I can't so... BLISSY, SLAKING GO!!! if anyone has a problem with doubles i'll have to settle for my Gengar or Lucario (never beat in a contest of speed)

Sorry Tate about the free for alls, it's not always like that, but we had a lot of noobs that day. Usually there's more doubles or one v one if Alex (not the VP one) and his bro show up and either Mario bro team or yoshi-luigi.

So are ther any plans this weekend? maybe Sat night after 8? BC's? huh, huh? Just an idea i'm throwing out there cuz my place is still being remodeled:( i hope to open my place up in a month or so though

knuttz45

Smash Ace
nope...nothing for me...talk to BC....we will just have to see....i have the bay-bee...so i'll say maybe....

....lol....

QraQ

Smash Ace
Metagross only has the highest attack in the game other than legendaries.
And i want to see your speed team be faster than my ninjask speed team haha.

-QraQ

No U

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah well I choose Jigglypuff! She is the highest tier pokemans so you all lose! XDROFL

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Metagross only has the highest attack in the game other than legendaries.
And i want to see your speed team be faster than my ninjask speed team haha.

-QraQ
noob.... Slaking has the highest non-legend attack (460), Meta has a mere 405, even Rhyperior has 416.

HP: Blissy duh (714)
Atk: Slaking (460)
Def: Shuckle (614)
Spd: Ninjask (460)
Sp.Atk: Porygon Z/ Alakazam (405)
Sp.Def: Probopass (438)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
go boise state....**** pokemon...you poke***gots...

ha ha...someone called dom a noob...kaleo...you can't win an argument with dom...becuase he will physically wrestle you....until you give in...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ninjask is terrible

every defensive team has a phazer

every offensive team has a priority move

every balanced team kills/walls ninjask anyway

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
ninjask is terrible

every defensive team has a phazer

every offensive team has a priority move

every balanced team kills/walls ninjask anyway
noob or idiot?

I was listing those who have the highest non-legend stats, not those who detroy all. I seriously doubt the IQ of anyone who even mentions having a Ninjask in a team.

Nuttz, I pick my fights wisely, he's on a different continent and obviously doesn't care about pokemon enough to care if I call him a noob in referance to pokemon as long as I don't do it again.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Doubt the IQ of any1 with ninjask? rofl He is only one of the best BP pokemon in thee game.
As far as metagross goes you are right but initially i was referring to those who actually have a use. Slaking and Rhyperior blow. And I believe Ramphardos has the highest overall atk stat.

Willing to play any 3s if you want me to prove ninjask's worth.

-QraQ

Top Bottom