• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

knuttz45

Smash Ace
BC you just want an entry fee cause your poor and need money. Its almost like saying hey you come to my house and pay me to play you. jk. but no, really.
And BC, Knuttz, what all are we doing with the videos. BC said we were muxing (my term not BC's) a music track into the vids instead of the game music/sounds. I brought this up last year saying i could do that kind of thing and you guys said that would be stupid. So if you want to do it thats cool but it will take a little more effort to try and fit the song length with the video length so youtubes piece of **** codecs dont **** it up. If you guys could give me some of the song choices you were thinking of it would make life easier for me so i could play around with it a little since im gonna have to figure out how to convert mp3 into aac with an mp4 container. I think its only one line of code in avisynth but i could be wrong. Hopefully i can get this implemented into my program and i wont have to ever worry about this kind of thing in the future. I am like 3 steps away from making it so easy bc could use it without thinking too hard.
i love getting paid for what you do as a hobby tatems! Yes yes, the winner of the set gets to choose music....and yeah....BC using a computer term...nope...he's a physics guy...not a computer guy...tate, i need to get you the disk...i didn't finalize it...but i'll do so tonight...kaleo wants a coupe of his matches too....and you have to watch the falcon free for alls, they are pretty **** funny...:)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy winner chooses music, this could be a nightmare. Just make sure if a song is wanted that it has over a 100kbs bitrate otherwise youtube will give the song a blurred/slurred sound. Filefront is soo much better but if we put the vids there nobody would probably ever see them.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy winner chooses music, this could be a nightmare. Just make sure if a song is wanted that it has over a 100kbs bitrate otherwise youtube will give the song a blurred/slurred sound. Filefront is soo much better but if we put the vids there nobody would probably ever see them.
I'm thinking Fireproof or Frontline (both by Pillar) for the Green Marth v Red Marth matches

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Ok i just came up with a great idea, since im not going to already have like most of the songs you guys choose if you could provide a youtube link to a vid with the song then i can rip the music straight from youtube into the video(possible bitrate problems solved). But before everyone starts throwing out songs and links to the songs let me get the vids up on filefront without music so you can just tell me the name of which vid needs which song so i can just throw it all in a text file and automate the muxing and batch it to youtube.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I more want an entry fee because if we dont then no one will care about the tourneys and thus no one will ever try to get any better so Idaho will never have a real smash community. With an entry fee people will try to improve so they wont be just giving money to me and knuttz.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
umm hello i tried my *** off. If we are going to make a montage i suggest picking a song first so we can try to find enough combos to fit the song and i can create an intro to take up the first 5-10 seconds. My vote is for something like "Dirt off your sholder" for the song just because the first ten seconds of the song is so bad *** and it has an awesome beat.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with the "Dirt off your Shoulders" pick, It'd work great and it's not cliche

No U

Smash Journeyman
Potato song for the montage. DO IT

Edit: Also, R E ... err, Kaleo,, what the **** is your signature supposed to mean?

craztad

Smash Journeyman
The only mindless self indulgence songs ive heard are "Shut Me UP" and "Straight to Video". Based on those two i would have to say no so hopefully they have some better songs.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Potato song for the montage. DO IT

Edit: Also, R E ... err, Kaleo,, what the **** is your signature supposed to mean?
Its a frog drawing an unsuspecting victim and then shooting it's tongue out and liking their eye, I'll make a pivot for it if you'd perfer

knuttz45

Smash Ace
just because you won the tourney...doesn't mean you get EVERY song...what if i want to have my almost combos posted against kaleo? (i don't...) I HATE having almost combos....0 to almost death doesn't cut it with cf....:(...gotta get more soli.d..and my edge guarding with jiggz sucks....gotta get better...again...whoop on dom when he comes back...i miss that guy....

and tate, don't mess with mindless self indulgence...

J.A..i thikn you left your wallet and you're box cutters....

i think in a couple or few weeks, we need an "Idaho needs to get better" fest...

BC, what are you doing at like 9 or 10...i should be getting off work really late, and i want to experiment...i never play with music like you do...but i practice with music...i want to see if i play better if I actually can concentrate 100%...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Why are you getting off so late? i should be home tho if you want to play

TATE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! shut me up is a fvcking bad *** song.

JA: I was going to go to the show with a friend of mine but he decided not to go like 45 minutes before it started so i didn't end up going cuz it would have been weird to go alone. It made me so mad you have no idea :mad:.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
As some one who plays best with music (still pissed my ipod was dying at the fest), it's no suprise BC is so good wth the characters he is. But I never saw him play jiggz. Nuttz in my experience jiggz is terrible with music, but CF, marth, link, and sonic are insane with music. it's especially helpful in a noisy setting like a fest

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So idaho really needs to get better, this is a link to ragingasians youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/theragingasian he's a player from utah. utah and idaho both started their communities at about the same time and had a pretty close general skill level. Now on the link is a crew battle from a few month ago in utah if you watch it you will see that now utah has a much higher overall level of skill than idaho. more or less im saying we are bad and really need to improve because there is no reason that our community should be any worse than theirs.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I agree with entry fees. It ups competitiveness and makes people "care" about doing good. I'm not just saying that either because i'm more then likely to lose money.

People seriously need to help me get better at melee. I used to be decent now I'm less then that. I feel i'm slowly progressing in Brawl by myself but I really need to "train" with people in melee.

In other words: HELP

TheFro

Smash Cadet
Yo, [sorry 4 the lack of quotes, kinda lazy]
I finally broke down and got an account...

As much as I like MSI I think dirt off your shoulders would be better imo.
Tate if you can get me my matches I'll give you a gold star.

Idaho definitely needs some fine tuning. So I'm up for Tourneys/practice anytime on the weekend as long as I don't have ladies or soccer, and weekdays as long as I can get back to my house by 10:30 and it's not during school hours.
Kaleo your sig bothers and intrigues me.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
ya fro i can get you your matches as soon as knuttz figures out how to finalize the disc. I have a bad feeling im going to be writing a program to recover data from his unfinalized discs cause i really don't want to pay 50 bucks for a program to do it.

So it looks like three votes for "Dirt off your Shoulder" by jayz/linkinpark and one vote for MSI.
I already have Dirt Off Your Shoulder so that would make it really easy for me.

Edit: In the whole of the last three minutes i have made up my mind, i am going to write a program to get data from unfinalized discs cause i know its gonna happen again. Knuttz brush up on your knowledge of C cause your gonna help me cause its your fault and cause thats what im writing it in so i have all the lower level access i could ever need. We will see what that developer title really means in the real world of programming, bwah ha ha.

QraQ

Smash Ace
So I leave to fight for your freedom and what happens?
All the smashers come out of the woodworks and start to participate.
Good to see the community is rising but why when im gone? >.<
I can feel that #1 title slowly drifting away =/.

-QraQ

P.S. LvL 9 Meta/Olimar practice = Hardcore training

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
So I leave to fight for your freedom and what happens?
All the smashers come out of the woodworks and start to participate.
Good to see the community is rising but why when im gone? >.<
I can feel that #1 title slowly drifting away =/.

-QraQ

P.S. LvL 9 Meta/Olimar practice = Hardcore training
I know how you feel, and I wish I had known these folks early enough to play you, but oh well just don't lose any fingers and get your *** back here asap por favor.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Dom plays melee middle tier...and can beat BC and me consistently(most of the time)....how bout that one...

or has an amazing ability to stare down and attract white jailbait...

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
True stories man, true stories.

But, Dom now plays HIGH TIER IN MELEE! (haha ice climbers)

For those of you who don't know, there was a new Melee Tier list released yesterday. Top 2 tiers are as follows (because nobody cares about the rest, amirite?)

1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Shiek
4. Falco

High
5. Peach
6. Captain Falcon
7. Jigglypuff
8. Ice Climbers

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
True stories man, true stories.

But, Dom now plays HIGH TIER IN MELEE! (haha ice climbers)

For those of you who don't know, there was a new Melee Tier list released yesterday. Top 2 tiers are as follows (because nobody cares about the rest, amirite?)

1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Shiek
4. Falco

High
5. Peach
6. Captain Falcon
7. Jigglypuff
8. Ice Climbers
Looks like the new one is based more off of their competitive play styles wrether than charater capabilities. Oh and WHERE'S SAMUS!!! Are the top players really leaving her behind now?:(

Top Bottom