• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I've been back in the game (smashboards circle) for two or three days and already i'm apparently going to a STD with more than five people! Not only that, multiple people from my smash club are showing interest, and seeming like they'll be able to make it :bee:

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
wow by the looks of it this will be quite big... like holy cow...
like 6 or 7 from my group including me, knuttz, bc, craztad, alch, no u and his crew, and apparently Kaleo and people from his smash club. WTF?

15+ smash fest? thats pretty good for Boise nowadays

knuttz45

Smash Ace
well...crap, we have to have some kind of tourney...just because of all the people...and don't konw about the smash tourney...but kinx and lemon should be coming too....barron, you sould come too! and if alch comes, so would 3-5 mt home kids, right alch? need a tourney...5 each? or 5 for both singles and brawl...where you have to play both...(basically 2.50 for each tournament!)...or just free?....and also i was thinking doublees on the side....just for fun...

and yeah..16 plus is looking about right..tv's everyone! i have 3 tv's....and we need a few more...the more the merrier....if we can get everyone playing at once...hellz ya..and i was thinking of starting at 8 for the tourneys...run brawl and melee at the smaetime...everyone knows rules right? timers, stages, etc etc....16 people goes quick....because kalelo has work till 730 right? but people can be there anytime 6-630 afterwards...

my thing....what about meta in tourney?....yes..no?...if no...i'm using hiim....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I say no Meta knight and i like $2.50 for each making it 5 for both since im poor and know im not gonna win.

No U

Smash Journeyman
why don't you guys ask for an all night dismissal from ur parents then? its the more fun thing to do.

anyways, hey, im really thinking of attending. I just have a transit problem from Mtn. home to boise. If i can get zach to go im covered, but if not then im screwed or ill need help.

marching competition eh... college or high school? plus i want to know what you play. I, marching tenor drums
Woah, you play tenors? I played tenors for 3 years back in high school. Awesome.

Back on topic, boo MK. And as much as I love you guys and giving you money, I would really prefer it if the tourney were free...

Espy

Smash Apprentice
why don't you guys ask for an all night dismissal from ur parents then? its the more fun thing to do.

anyways, hey, im really thinking of attending. I just have a transit problem from Mtn. home to boise. If i can get zach to go im covered, but if not then im screwed or ill need help.

marching competition eh... college or high school? plus i want to know what you play. I, marching tenor drums
High school. I'm a freshman. :3

knuttz45

Smash Ace
so 5 bucks for both then. :) 1st 60% second 30% and third gets 10% .... just for the tourneys...so 3 for ban on meta? not including me...come on people! we need more to ban him! and thats just for singles...i'll throw doubles just for fun...and friendlies all night....

so who is all bringing wii's and cubes?

sorry i lost track for whoever said they would....

so far...

tv's (2-3)(the bsu game will be on my big tv untill its over)
me
me
me

wii and cube)
me(tates wii)
bc(you will bring your wii and cube and maybe tv)
bc

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I can bring your wii knuttz but since i have a full car i don't think i can fit a tv, i can also bring a cube and 1 of each game. I can bring my dvd recorder if we want to record anything.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
you're bringing your stuff BC!!!!!! and i'll even pull out the old dvd's and get some matches recorded! Tate you should bring your recording stuff too...and we can record, and YOU can put them up on Youtube....kidding...well..we know that probably will be what happens....

wow...so i looked at the last page...and sweet pertatems...you read my mind...

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yea the 5 for both tourneys combined entry fee sounds fun. doubles on the side = yes. I'll fosho bring a wii and brawl, and I will TRY and bring a TV. It would prolly be small and dont hold me to it but I'll do my best.

Eff yea I've always wanted to be on Youtube!!! gahahaha

I believe this has potential to be the biggest boise smashfest yet?

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I have encoding the video's almost completely automated now so the vids are easy. Only thing i have to is find the frame numbers to start and end and then let my computer encode for a day or so and its done.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Smash club meets tomarrow and i'll be able to tell everyone bout this thing, i'll get on and give an estimate of the numbers.

I can bring a cube and wii with 1 copy of each game
Am i to amuse everyone brings there own controllers to avoid any mishaps (like BC's thing)

Also for those who didn't see my post on the group page, tomarrow and every thursday (non-holiday of corse) from 2:30 until 6:00pm at the Downtown YMCA in the T-fac I have my system set up for the secondary smash club open to all that can get into the Y and are willing to put up with noobs and experts alike.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
i doesn't cost for members, but I could get 1 or 2 people in the side door today, SHHHH!!!!

I always have brawl and melee, wii and GC

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Yea, sorry peeps. I stopd checking my phone around 5 cuz i didn't think anyone would show after that. If your interested in next weeks PM me and we'll work it out.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
sounds like a plan kids! So i was thinking...to encourage people playing and getting better....power rankings? remember, smashfest/tourney saturday...

we USED to have the melee ones. (1. qraq 2. bc 3. gnosis 4. knuttz 5 kinx) but we never had brawl really...so i was thinking both or something...throwing out the ideas....critisize bc....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say no to power rankings. All they do is make me think i need to be better cause im not in the top five even though my poor fingers will never be able to move that fast with as little as i practice as it is. In other words it just causes unneeded stress.

Top Bottom