• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Mt. Home kids had good smashers????....kidding. I luv you guys too !

I also got a call from pnt chubbick....telling me about the tournament...lawlz....

BUZZ!---is stole your pic, and is now my avatar pic. and profile pic, and now idaho's offical slogan on tournament creations....

Idaho tournaments that aren't game places :
BUZZES: 16 and 12
BATTLECHRIST: 16 i thnk
ME: 14 I think
Gnosis: 10
FFS in NOV: probably 12.

Idaho Fails.....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
ah, knuttz it isn't looking good for me to go to chubbuck now. Too much family stuff to try and get out of like branding the calves and family pictures in twin on saturday, ya i know bad combination but my poor dad needs help with the cows, hes got a bad hip so i can't skip. Are you going to cut through shoshone/carey/arco on your way to chubbuck or are you just taking the freeway?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
how out of the way is it tatems? I planned on the freeway, because its like 3-4 hours...and BC you do have a point...out of all the tourneys we have ever had between all of us...16 is the largest....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
No im not trying to get a ride, i was really just wondering if you knew the shortcut. But i think its only people like me who live in the desert between boise and idaho falls know it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
No im not trying to get a ride, i was really just wondering if you knew the shortcut. But i think its only people like me who live in the desert between boise and idaho falls know it.
you should tell me if it cuts down on some time. the freeway is quite boring...especilly with no radio...

knuttz45

Smash Ace
75 bucks is honestly weak....especially with how many people probably will show up...i thought prizes were dependant on entrants...i mean.....last time for 80 people....it was 100 bucks EACH for tourney winners. (i would know)...followed by 75 for second, and 50 for 3rd...
that means if chubbick gets an average tournament, that is 100 people per tournament, which means 500 dollars into the pot for each...with 175 going to prizes...which means only 17.5% is the money acutally goes to prizes....big tourney no no....house cut is usually only 5%(if that)...not 82.5%...and grant the winners are store credit, so it goes back to the store anyway...that is really really really lame....and if the prizes are that low, i really don't think w.idaho reallly should go with that prize...i liked the "depends on how many people show up", cause...here was it last time...

40 teams at 20 bucks a team right?

200 for winning team
150 for second
100 for third
75 for fourth
etc.

thats about eh...600 in prizes(which went back to the store anyway), with 200 in "house cut" that still is redicilus..but acceptable...while what is going on right know...isn't...

um..espy what about others, with second and third and so on...

honestly, if there is only a prize for first...you can count w idaho out...and its a big maybe on 75 bucks for the winner of each...

how many people are signed up right know espy?

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Sign ups for Chubbuck are now available, although you can still register the day of, so you're fine.
75 bucks is honestly weak....especially with how many people probably will show up...i thought prizes were dependant on entrants...i mean.....last time for 80 people....it was 100 bucks EACH for tourney winners. (i would know)...followed by 75 for second, and 50 for 3rd...
that means if chubbick gets an average tournament, that is 100 people per tournament, which means 500 dollars into the pot for each...with 175 going to prizes...which means only 17.5% is the money acutally goes to prizes....big tourney no no....house cut is usually only 5%(if that)...not 82.5%...and grant the winners are store credit, so it goes back to the store anyway...that is really really really lame....and if the prizes are that low, i really don't think w.idaho reallly should go with that prize...i liked the "depends on how many people show up", cause...here was it last time...

40 teams at 20 bucks a team right?

200 for winning team
150 for second
100 for third
75 for fourth
etc.

thats about eh...600 in prizes(which went back to the store anyway), with 200 in "house cut" that still is redicilus..but acceptable...while what is going on right know...isn't...

um..espy what about others, with second and third and so on...

honestly, if there is only a prize for first...you can count w idaho out...and its a big maybe on 75 bucks for the winner of each...

how many people are signed up right know espy?
Calm down. They had a set amount for their last tourney, but more people than intended had shown up, so they raised the amount. And they raised it at the March 8th tourney because they had the money to do so because people bought Brawl and it gave them more money for prizes. There always has been descending place prizes for 1st to (maybe) about 7th.

I don't know if it plans on changing, and I don't know how many people have signed up. Most people usually sign up right on the day, but I know right now I'm giving out some fliers at school for more people.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
sorry, didn't mean to come off as a jack ***. Didn't realize they had the "set" amount last time either. And i do know most people sign up on the same day. :) A play n trade did some bull here (in meridian) about prizes and only had a first prize with no second 3rd or anything like that so it got me worried....and it really didn't seem like the chubbick i knew. ok.

BTW: W. Idaho...um....anyone need a ride for gas money? when it comes out to 5 people, its like 20 bucks.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
My thursdays are always free...maybe I'll drag BC everywhere with me on thursday...

what time barron....and right know...i MAY have 4 people....anyone want to go to the great tournament of chubbick?

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Well, it's nice to know that they'll probably raise the prize amount. What I'm really hoping is that they ban the dumb stages, though.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Barron, I don't get of till 4:30....so i wouldn't be able to be there till like 5:30 or so...where you at? PM me your number or something...I'll try to drag you along BC...if you aren't busy with school....

No U

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, never mind actually, one of my friends is telling me some noobs are smashing at the downtown YMCA so I guess I'll go down there and **** some noobs and smash with him. If any of you want to come there or something, feel free. If you guys do decide that you wouldn't mind having another person over, I think Knuttz has my number so just throw me a call/text.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
tell them to join No U! and maybe something is going down...cause...maybe at my house...i'll call or something....need some practice...

No U

Smash Journeyman
If anybody isn't doing anything tomorrow, or rather today (Friday), and wants to smash and can make it to Boise State, I'm going to be smashing with a couple of my friends from about 5-10. Just send me a text if you want details, my number is 869-7758. Also, there will be free apples. Oh, and it'll be exclusively Melee. Well, we might put in Brawl at one point in time just for the lulz, but other than that, yeah, Melee.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
No U, you should come to chubbick on saturday...and your friends, we can split gas, but You won't regret coming...its a melee and brawl tourney!

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, man, I had to run some errands... Like down to Best Buy. Basically, not having a car sucks, cause that alone took like four hours.

No U

Smash Journeyman
No U, you should come to chubbick on saturday...and your friends, we can split gas, but You won't regret coming...its a melee and brawl tourney!
Well, if I wake up before you guys leave tomorrow I'll try to give you a call because I'd like to come. Everybody I smashed with today has stuff to do tomorrow though. Besides Fro. But it's too late to tell him now, heh. Here's to hoping I wake up in 5 hours.

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Hello I am a smasher from Pocatello.
I use Lucas in brawl and Mewtwo in Melee.

Today I attended a Brawl/Melee tourney in Pocatello at a PNT today.

I saw Knutz, BC, and a couple of others who's usernames escape me at the moment. and I just wanted to say excellent games you two. I look forward to playing you two again. OH and Knutz, you had better watch your back I will not be defeated in both portions of the next tournament by you!

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Well, he's got a wife and soon enough will have a kid. It's not so easy to travel around the state for these kinds of things when there's that whole aspect of his life to take care of.

Anyways, I had fun at the tourney there. Also, does anyone know the other rankings aside from first, second, and third? I don't know if I got fourth or fifth place in Melee.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Well, he's got a wife and soon enough will have a kid. It's not so easy to travel around the state for these kinds of things when there's that whole aspect of his life to take care of.

Anyways, I had fun at the tourney there. Also, does anyone know the other rankings aside from first, second, and third? I don't know if I got fourth or fifth place in Melee.
Melee
1st - BC
2nd - Knuttz
3rd - Buzz
4th - Espy

Brawl
1st - BC
2nd - Knuttz
3rd - id_kai
4th - Buzz

knuttz45

Smash Ace
actually espy , i think it went more like this...

melee
1. BC
2. knuttz
3. buzz
4. fenir
5. espy
5. can't remember
7. no u
7. id kai

brawl
1. BC
2. knuttz
3. idkai
4. other olimar player
5. buzz
5. no u

and i relized the only person to play both BC and me in the brawl tourney was id kai...:)

melee there was alot...cause we played each other in the beginning...

Top Bottom