• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

id_kai

Smash Rookie
You both beat up on me bad.. oh well I just need to train more. Good games to you both, I didn't realize I got 7th in Melee , I did better than I thought I did. haha

craztad

Smash Journeyman
whoa hold on a minute, knuttz what happened. Why did BC get first in brawl. You were probably trying random **** again weren't you.

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Actually it was quite close but BC pulled it off in the end.
And anyway, Knuttz had to beat him twice to get first place. <-- That was the case for both Melee and Brawl.

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Actually it was quite close but BC pulled it off in the end.
And anyway, Knuttz had to beat him twice to get first place. <-- That was the case for both Melee and Brawl.
Correct. Since BC hadn't lost at all, and Knuttz had one loss, BC had to be beaten twice since it was double elimination. Knuttz had to be beaten only once since he had that one loss.

And Knuttz, I got the 4th place prize Lot said. But it doesn't mater, I did better than I ever have before.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Prez K is here!

Well No U said I should get back into smashboards last time i was at his house and so here I am.

I doubt any of you know me as I do not generally have the time to enter tournys, so to that end....

I am a Marth/Samus player
I started the BHS smash club (PM me for info)
I'm currently in Boise, ID
I still don't know why ,but I have a nasty ability to remember things i shouldn't (like every characters hit boxxes)

thats my intro, and i'd like to get to know all of you

knuttz45

Smash Ace
and the prize was for EACH tournament lolololol

and i think playntrade has its OWN tourney in meridian! skarykid told us about that...

and yeah....bc got me in brawl...:/ yes i was olimar...i got gimped the first match, and lost with 140% on BC the second match...and his fox is a little fast for me...:/

espy! um...yeah...:) don't remember some of the things!

kaleo42, wecome! BHS...did you go to borah? get more people to join, this almost makes me want to have a smashfest!

and buzz...how was fighting my metaknight!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
and the prize was for EACH tournament lolololol

and i think playntrade has its OWN tourney in meridian! skarykid told us about that...

and yeah....bc got me in brawl...:/ yes i was olimar...i got gimped the first match, and lost with 140% on BC the second match...and his fox is a little fast for me...:/

espy! um...yeah...:) don't remember some of the things!

kaleo42, wecome! BHS...did you go to borah? get more people to join, this almost makes me want to have a smashfest!

and buzz...how was fighting my metaknight!
Yea the Play N Trade tournament which they are being very sketch about details for and which I will probably have a debate tournament during :/

Please please PLEASE throw a smashfest!!! haha now that we have an adequate venue and I could definetly bring a wii/brawl/tv and I KNOW I could get 10+ kids to show up. throw on a 5$ dollar entry fee and it is basically a way for you to make a little money!

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
whoa hold on a minute, knuttz what happened. Why did BC get first in brawl. You were probably trying random **** again weren't you.
Tate man i thought you had my back lol, but really i got lucky in brawl kinda. I'll tell you about it next time i see you.

I ended up wining 210 because i got 75 for each first and an extra 50 for winning both melee and brawl and one of the guys that worked there said if i won a match against him he would give me 10 more.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Woot, $210 dollars. I say BC takes us out to dinner on him since he is this(pinches fingers close together) close to being independently wealthy after cleaning house at the tournament. jk :D

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Hmm. I would be interested in playing depending on were it is and if I got a ride lol. <-- The Smash fest

and Craztad, I might have to play you one of these days, I really need to play against some human players computers leave me bored.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
id_kai, you ahve tons of people out there! :) Just have to find a way to contact them....

sweet potato...i wanna play you...its been a long time....

and BC I TOLD You to ask Jack in the box if they take pnt credit...they probably do...if they do, you need to take tate and me...

and thinking about a smashfest/tourney soon.....

craztad

Smash Journeyman
id_kai, you ahve tons of people out there! :) Just have to find a way to contact them....

and BC I TOLD You to ask Jack in the box if they take pnt credit...they probably do...if they do, you need to take tate and me...
If that sweet potato thing was directed at me...oh your gonna get it. jack in the box has gotta take pnt credit.

id_kai are you in boise? If so what general area. Im right next to the mcdonalds on broadway close to BSU campus if you want to drop by and play.

Edit: ooh ooh BC what you do is go buy $210 worth of stuff and then go back and return it and if they just give you credit back in return use the force to choke them.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman

and thinking about a smashfest/tourney soon.....
Yes you wont regret it! Easy money eh? I bet I could get 2nd or 3rd in a Brawl tourney around here (maybe even 1st if lucks on my side) and 3rd or 4th in melee. **** if I could do that good, western Idaho does suck.

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Idaho is ok, the only people that are really troublesome that I have played are BC, Knuttz, and Espy. I'm ok I guess, but I really need to practice on a lagless TV.

If Buzz ever checks this thread, I need your help setting it up so there is no lag.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Idaho is ok, the only people that are really troublesome that I have played are BC, Knuttz, and Espy. I'm ok I guess, but I really need to practice on a lagless TV.

If Buzz ever checks this thread, I need your help setting it up so there is no lag.
Component cables (red/green/blue), and set the Wii to EDTV mode. Lag gone. :)

Espy

Smash Apprentice
If that sweet potato thing was directed at me...oh your gonna get it. jack in the box has gotta take pnt credit.

id_kai are you in boise? If so what general area. Im right next to the mcdonalds on broadway close to BSU campus if you want to drop by and play.

Edit: ooh ooh BC what you do is go buy $210 worth of stuff and then go back and return it and if they just give you credit back in return use the force to choke them.
id_kai and I are in Poky. There's no one to play down here except each other.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
espy, you guys had 40 people at the tourney! lol....

and yeah...since everyone wants a smashfest...i'll do it

saturday at 6:30pm...bring wii's, cubes, smashes, controllers, i have 3 tv's and one wii, and one copy of each game, yes, both brawl and melee...i have power outlets...pm me if you need directions! we need mt home, the boise kids with no u and kaleo42 and their group, and skarykid and his group. if you guys want a tourney, let me know, and i'll make a melee and brawl one...on top of the smashest...(tourney first, then smashfest all night)....

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
We want a tourney. Maybe I should speak for myself but I definitely want one haha!!
Yea I'll gather as many people as possible and I'll be able to provide one or 2 wiis along with a copy of brawl and maybe melee if I can get a hold of it (mine broke). I MIGHT be able to bring a TV but thatd be pushing it.

I be PUMPED

we should ban meta in the brawl tourney IMO

knuttz45

Smash Ace
so yoou guys like the smashest/tourney? i should just start with singles tournies...both...then we play and play...like old times...remember those BC....i know you do...cause qraq/I always got you food! lolz...tate..you better come...

No U

Smash Journeyman
Dang, my only problem is that none of the people I Smash with have cars. And while I'd be willing to ride my bike to Meridian since, well, I have nothing better to do on a Saturday and I kind of need to get in better shape, I don't think the rest of the people I smash with would want to do that. So, if anyone who's planning on going out there this Saturday has room in their car for a few people, please say something soon. Thanks.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
so yoou guys like the smashest/tourney? i should just start with singles tournies...both...then we play and play...like old times...remember those BC....i know you do...cause qraq/I always got you food! lolz...tate..you better come...
I am so there. STD Baby!!!!!! If some of the guys on BSU campus need a ride, i can fit four in my car. BC probably has shotgun so three more if there are even three. Just pm me if you need a ride.

Edit: ha ha i started my post like at 11 and didn't post it until like 11:30 so No U posted in between.
No U i can probably give you a ride.

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Hmm I'll see what Espy thinks, perhaps he can get me a ride up there this weekend.

@Buzz: I appreciate that: I'll set it up as soon as possible. Thank you!

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the same position as NO U (in gets really annoying when trying to organize something with him). but I also have the problem of me not getting off work until 7:30, but if I could be picked up from the Y then.... any chance I can sqeeze in?

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Sweet I'm getting interested stirred into like tons of random people at my school. this looks to be awesome. entry fees? or just free?

Espy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I'll see what Espy thinks, perhaps he can get me a ride up there this weekend.

@Buzz: I appreciate that: I'll set it up as soon as possible. Thank you!
Why do you automatically assume I'll be going up there? I can't afford to go that far for something as simple as a Smashfest. Also I have the ISU marching competition Saturday starting at 6am and ending at 7pm. No way I can make it.

id_kai

Smash Rookie
Why do you automatically assume I'll be going up there? I can't afford to go that far for something as simple as a Smashfest. Also I have the ISU marching competition Saturday starting at 6am and ending at 7pm. No way I can make it.

:p I know, I just like saying that you might be up there. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend either no way would my parents drive me up there just for a video game lol. Perhaps we can hold one in this area sometime.

No U

Smash Journeyman
I am so there. STD Baby!!!!!! If some of the guys on BSU campus need a ride, i can fit four in my car. BC probably has shotgun so three more if there are even three. Just pm me if you need a ride.

Edit: ha ha i started my post like at 11 and didn't post it until like 11:30 so No U posted in between.
No U i can probably give you a ride.
That'd be really cool just give me a call Saturday and if it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience we might have to pick up another one of my friends who lives by Centennial. I mean, it's kind of on the way since we probably won't want to take the freeway at that time anyways. My number is 869-7758 for when the time comes.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Sweet I'm getting interested stirred into like tons of random people at my school. this looks to be awesome. entry fees? or just free?
you smashfests are always FREE! if you guys want a tourney, we can always do a 5 dollar entry...or even a free one....so just in case..maybe 5 bucks for a tourney....maybe i'll trow a melee and brawl singles tourney...or money...and even a doubles for fun....what do you guys think anyway...cause the tournies can be free..or 5 bucks each, or whatever...i have them start at 700 or 730 anyway...:) let me know, and i'll prepare for it!

craztad

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like im picking up No U maybe BC maybe No U's friend and Kaleo. Knuttz id say start at 7:30 or 8:00 since it looks like my group won't even get there until closer to 8 because kaleo doesn't get off work until 7:30.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt mind a 5 dollar entry fee to make things interesting. At least for the Brawl tournament because thats the only thing I have a shadow of a chance in!
agh if we start at 8 we gotta make sure we devote time to it and get it done because some of my crew have curfews at like 12 possibly 11 so yea. woot. i'm way pumped though! Is everything starting at 8 or is that just the tournaments? (It'd be nice to get a little practice in beforehand)

Edit: Stuff about this should probably be put on allisbrawl too...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I say that everyone who enters the tourneys should have to play in both. Also what about that PnT tourney this weekend whats the word on that cuz i would like to stop by the PnT anyway to use some of my credit.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
why don't you guys ask for an all night dismissal from ur parents then? its the more fun thing to do.

anyways, hey, im really thinking of attending. I just have a transit problem from Mtn. home to boise. If i can get zach to go im covered, but if not then im screwed or ill need help.

marching competition eh... college or high school? plus i want to know what you play. I, marching tenor drums

Top Bottom