• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea as long as people aren't ***** about it. Too many times have a seen rankings be a source of drama between friends (not to mention everyone else). If we can all agree to just have the top 5 (maybe not 1-5, just have a 5 best people) one for melee one for brawl (i know i'll be low in brawl, but i stand a chance in melee) then just accept it instead of being like "OOOOH dude, huh-huh, i'm ranked in the top five! you suck!"

knuttz45

Smash Ace
But think of the Children tate! think of the children! and yeah, if it has a negative impact...then we won't do it...its more like..."man i want to be the best...so i'm gonna practice", and then others strive to be the best...there will be people who don't really care too much....and some play to play...man i'm tired....

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea. It personally IS motivation for me to get better or if I'm in the top then its motivation for me to STAY that way! Is it going to be ladder or based off tourney results or what? Also if its off of tourneys I'm guessing were going to start having the more often? *crosses fingers for biweeklies*

craztad

Smash Journeyman
But think of the Children tate! think of the children! and yeah, if it has a negative impact...then we won't do it...its more like..."man i want to be the best...so i'm gonna practice", and then others strive to be the best...there will be people who don't really care too much....and some play to play...man i'm tired....
Your tired cause you were knee-ing my falco and fox all night, *******.
Ok i will think of the Children, don't put me on the list even if i deserve it. That way the children can feel more accomplished by having a higher spot and i can feel less accomplished and i wont feel bad when i graduate and move to new york. See, Win Win situations are awesome.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
So just updating, it seems only one maybe two people from smash club will be able to make it but if we do this again i garentee more will show after hearing about and hopefully seeing (youtube) the fruits of our labor. My VP has been detered by the snow (poor little junior with a new lisence[ i can't talk though, senior without mine]). He's a Brawl only person though, so not too much of a loss ;-)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
No you should not be concerned. Now if tutlehoops ugly face started evolving to look like qraq's, then you should be concerned.

Edit: What is up with people posting like 2 seconds before me, knuttz is soo not gangsta so you would have to go with nerdy.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Bahahaha. Nothing is worse than my fat *** arguing with Dom's black *** when neither of us are right, but we talk **** anyway.
I'm going to enjoy this weekend.

EDIT

I no longer play Falco. He's like my 8th or 9th in order of characters now. I can't cancel shines into Bairs so I gave up -_-

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like i'll have 5 including myself coming around 630 (if thats still okay) and then one coming around 9 to catch some friendlies or possibly the rumored "for fun" doubles tournament.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
i'd just like to appauligize for holding some people up until eight, but i'll have a wii and GC with me if that makes up for it.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
So are we gonna eat after the tournament or do i need to keep my little personal tradition of eating before i go to anything going.

TurtleHoop; said:
I no longer play Falco. He's like my 8th or 9th in order of characters now. I can't cancel shines into Bairs so I gave up -_-
that makes me sad. Are your thumbs flaccid, i can pull it off. You just gotta think outside the box. Down, B, Up, cStick left or right. I can't do it if i use X or Y to jump.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
So are we gonna eat after the tournament or do i need to keep my little personal tradition of eating before i go to anything going.

that makes me sad. Are your thumbs flaccid, i can pull it off. You just gotta think outside the box. Down, B, Up, cStick left or right. I can't do it if i use X or Y to jump.
And that makes me sad... Sorry, I have something against people who use that tapjump (bad memories of it screwing me over)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
And that makes me sad... Sorry, I have something against people who use that tapjump (bad memories of it screwing me over)
wait by tapjump do you mean short hop. If you are against people using short hop, you are in for a nightmare of hurt tonight cause like everybody abuses the hell out of it that i have played.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Tap jumping is jumping with the analog stick.

Edit: Also, if you wanted to come over to my place (dorms in BSU) a little early for some friendlies, just text me or something I'm not doing anything. I think I posted my number a little while back. But just in case it's 869-7758.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Kaleo just told me he's getting off a little early at 7:05 instead of 7:30 so we'll have a little more time to smash.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Soo... that was fun now i know this is dumb but knuttz i forgot the disc. Get it to me man so i can get the vids up. Now it is bedtime.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
melee singles:

1: battlechrist
2: knuttz
3: kinx
4: lemon
5: craztad
5: fro
7: turtlehoop
7: kaleo
9: no u
9: dach
9: scarykid
9: barron
13: moron
13: falcon
13: westin
13: derrick
17: murk
17: muse
17: mike
17: jake
17: jesus
17: eclipse
17: patrick

brawl singles
1: battlechrist
2: knuttz
3: scarykid
4: kinx
5: patrick
5: dach
7: muse
7: jesus
9: kaleo
9: turtlehoop
9: mike
9: westin
13: no u
13: lemon
13: fro
13: moron
17: barron
17: craztad
17: derrick
17: murk
17: falcon
17: eclipse
17: jake

23 people....sweet..:)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
just action....its a sign....play brawl....:)...

i'm kidding....
next time...we need more setups...

tate....holy crap...you kick *** :)

so...honestly....falcon free for alls are really fun....its the n00b in me...

No U

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have three copies of Brawl now...
And nothing of value was lost.
By the people who lost their Barlw disks. Because Barlw sucks. Just thought I'd clarify since apparently some people didn't quite get what I was saying.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
BC you just want an entry fee cause your poor and need money. Its almost like saying hey you come to my house and pay me to play you. jk. but no, really.
And BC, Knuttz, what all are we doing with the videos. BC said we were muxing (my term not BC's) a music track into the vids instead of the game music/sounds. I brought this up last year saying i could do that kind of thing and you guys said that would be stupid. So if you want to do it thats cool but it will take a little more effort to try and fit the song length with the video length so youtubes piece of **** codecs dont **** it up. If you guys could give me some of the song choices you were thinking of it would make life easier for me so i could play around with it a little since im gonna have to figure out how to convert mp3 into aac with an mp4 container. I think its only one line of code in avisynth but i could be wrong. Hopefully i can get this implemented into my program and i wont have to ever worry about this kind of thing in the future. I am like 3 steps away from making it so easy bc could use it without thinking too hard.

Top Bottom